Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who have been accepted, when is all the pre-matriculation documentation due such as the background check/drug screen, transcripts, FASFA etc.?

For those of you who have been accepted, when is all the pre-matriculation documentation due such as the background check/drug screen, transcripts, FASFA etc.?

They haven't said. Just got a "we'll be in touch in the spring" as part of the acceptance thing to turn in with signatures okaying the checks"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How did it end up going?

I think it went really really well! It was extremely relaxed and it felt more like a conversation. I met about 30 applicants on the day of the interview and I was the only one from Eastern Washington and that was the main topic of discussion during the interview. I'll keep everybody posted.

I want to give a shoutout to the students that let me stay the night with them because they were a ton of help. They gave me a lot of tips regarding the interview process. I highly suggest any interviewees stay with current students because it is cheap and you get a lot of advice

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call! Accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed on the very first interview day Oct 2nd I think. Really SUPER stoked!

Replying to this way late, but I was just curious about what time they call? Did you find out before noon?

My call was first thing in the morning - I was still in bed as a matter of fact.

My call was first thing in the morning - I was still in bed as a matter of fact.

Oh cool. My daughter wakes me up at 7 every morning so I'll probably be awake and waiting by the phone with a cup of coffee :)

Accepted! Couldn't be happier :)

Where do I find the facebook page? Thanks!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Also interviewed 1/27. Absolutely over the moon!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I did! I wasn't expecting to hear back today, but was thinking tomorrow if anything

That's awesome. I interviewed on Feb. 3rd and they said they would call two weeks from that date, so I'm waiting patiently. Congrats on the acceptance!

Accepted! Interviewed 1/27.
Could someone please post the Facebook page.

I will be so excited to see others that I interviewed with- so many wonderful people in my small group. Feeling honored to get in.

Just search for "PNWU class of 2021". I believe student affairs will add you

Congrats to all the new matriculants! You're gonna love it here. And to those of you who haven't heard back, don't give up. They pull pretty extensively off the wait list, and if you got rejected, you can definitely try again.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Received the acceptance call yesterday around 11:00 am. Interviewed 1/27

After receiving the acceptance call, does anyone know how long before we receive an email with more information?

Canceled my interview for 3/3, hopefully it goes to someone else!!

After receiving the acceptance call, does anyone know how long before we receive an email with more information?

You'll get a letter with a form to sign, confirming acceptance and you'll send that with an attached check.

Beyond that, I'm still waiting for more info. I think we all are.

You'll get a letter with a form to sign, confirming acceptance and you'll send that with an attached check.

Beyond that, I'm still waiting for more info. I think we all are.
That's interesting. So we just wait for a letter in the mail? I was under the impression we had 30 days from the day we received acceptance to submit the deposit, so I'm just wondering how that all works. Does the letter specify a date for the deposit? Thanks for your help!

That's interesting. So we just wait for a letter in the mail? I was under the impression we had 30 days from the day we received acceptance to submit the deposit, so I'm just wondering how that all works. Does the letter specify a date for the deposit? Thanks for your help!

At this point in the cycle they give you just two weeks to mail your deposit.

They send the letter via first class mail or something so it comes extremely fast. I think I got mine about two days after I received the phone call.

How much is the deposit for PNWU and is it refundable?

Attendance mandatory? Lectures recorded?

I'll step in to confirm this. Most lectures aren't mandatory. Every once in a while there will be a guest lecturer which are required, but even with quizzes if you want, you can come to lecture only for the quiz, and then leave.
I don't know off the top of my head school policy, but we do have CILs or (I think that stands for) "Clínical Interactive Learning" sessions that generally have a quiz at the end which may be mandatory (they are fairly infrequent).
Wow, that sounds confusing. Layman's terms, you'll have to check school policy, because I don't if CILs are mandatory or not. (Most lectures are NOT required) and lectures are recorded.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if they have been pulling people off the waitlist yet? I know last year that some people were accepted off the waitlist before it was officially ranked

Will be turning down my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you waiting for an offer!

What made you choose that school vs PNWU?

I see both schools as very similar so it came down to a few personal preferences. I really liked PNWU and would have no reservations going there, but Western felt like a better fit for myself. I must say I like the facilities a touch better at PNWU and the sim lab is awesome. However, I still have a week to mull over my decision and see if I made the right one.

Anyone who interviewed in the 2/3 Friday group hear back yet?

I haven't. I've been stressing like a crazy person and just assumed that I didn't get in. Here's to hoping that they didn't call today...plus my portal hasn't changed.

I haven't. I've been stressing like a crazy person and just assumed that I didn't get in. Here's to hoping that they didn't call today...plus my portal hasn't changed.

During the presentation on feb 3rd, they said we wouldn't find out until the 17th. So we will all know on Friday morning

During the presentation on feb 3rd, they said we wouldn't find out until the 17th. So we will all know on Friday morning

Were you in the morning session? I thought they just said 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure that's what they've been telling everyone and almost everyone else got called the Wednesday or Thursday the 2nd week after their interviews.

Were you in the morning session? I thought they just said 2 weeks and I'm pretty sure that's what they've been telling everyone and almost everyone else got called the Wednesday or Thursday the 2nd week after their interviews.
I was in the morning. And I guess they did say 2 weeks but that would put us on the 17th. They said if we don't get a call then they will change our portal
I was in the morning session. I have noticed that people have found out a bit early but the gal at the presentation said the committee would meet on Friday. So unless the committee met early then we probably won't find out until tomorrow. My phone is ready regardless :)

I was in the morning. And I guess they did say 2 weeks but that would put us on the 17th. They said if we don't get a call then they will change our portal

I was in the morning session. I have noticed that people have found out a bit early but the gal at the presentation said the committee would meet on Friday. So unless the committee met early then we probably won't find out until tomorrow. My phone is ready regardless :)

Good luck!

Thanks! To go against what I was just telling you; my portal just changed to waitlisted... So maybe they are making decisions today
Thanks for the update and best of luck to you! Still patiently waiting, portal hasn't updated... I was Friday PM.