Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Then we should start removing those who refuse to discuss until they are pressured by lynch votes. Shouldn't need a lynch vote to know people are bringing up your name as suspicious. If we have to start eliminating people until they learn to discuss the game, then so be it. They'll either start discussing better in future games or get lynched frequently or stop playing. I mean, not really sure how else to address this issue, so if anyone has better ideas...

Ah... but when I talk about lynching people for being too quiet, I get whapped on the nose for that and told that it is unrealistic to expect people to be around to play a game they signed up for.

My decision to switch my vote onto Dy was based on prior play. She had been a suspect for much of the game, and still had at least one lynch vote on her when the tide turned her way.

I didn't know whether Dy was around to defend or not. It isn't like any of us scouted around for the person who was most unable to defend. There were less than 10 minutes left when I moved my vote, and I moved it to the place that seemed most likely to spare Deva... and onto someone that I've had feels for on and off for the whole game.

Look. We are all busy people. I have a job, I volunteer, I'm going to med school, and I have two attention hungry significant others. Those are all reasons that I don't sign up for many games, because I know that I won't be able to give them my full attention. When I do, I try my best to be around to participate. If I can't be, and it gets me lynched, that is the nature of the game.

If anything, I am reluctant to lynch veterans even when I have strong feels for them especially because when it happens to them they make big noise about how nooby noobs have ruined the game these days. Don't worry, I'll be off your lawn soon enough.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
People get piled onto for defending too much when they don't have a significant number of votes, though.

True. I got called out a couple games in a row for being too defensive when I responded to discussion regarding me before some lynch votes had accumulated. So I've basically been taught to keep my mouth shut until enough people vote for me. Now I'm being told the opposite... that I need to start talking before people vote for me.

For whatever it's worth in regards to dy being lynched today, I would have voted for her regardless of who she was. It has absolutely nothing to do with her being a veteran. In the first couple days I'm inclined not to lynch people who aren't here... after that, no promises. I didn't forget what she said earlier in the game, I just preferred lynching her to lynching deva or nyanko after what came out today and we had less than ten minutes left to lynch.

Reactions: 2 users
True. I got called out a couple games in a row for being too defensive when I responded to discussion regarding me before some lynch votes had accumulated. So I've basically been taught to keep my mouth shut until enough people vote for me. Now I'm being told the opposite... that I need to start talking before people vote for me.

Yup, it has happened to me before too being called too defensive before lynch votes. This is where we all need to decide what is better having these shifting bandwagons that clearly aren't working well or having open discussion where people maybe defend a bit before the lynch votes actually accumulate. Hard to know what will work best.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

For whatever it's worth in regards to dy being lynched today, I would have voted for her regardless of who she was. It has absolutely nothing to do with her being a veteran. In the first couple days I'm inclined not to lynch people who aren't here... after that, no promises. I didn't forget what she said earlier in the game, I just preferred lynching her to lynching deva or nyanko after what came out today and we had less than ten minutes left to lynch.

That is the thing. A lot of the newer players have been given some very conflicting advice, usually delivered with a double side order of snark, about what is acceptable and appropriate WW play.

It is a game. It is supposed to be fun. People will make mistakes and do dumb things and that might end up being costly for their team. Learning from mistakes is how players improve... not being scolded until they are afraid to actually play, for fear of making an error and drawing more wrath.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup, it has happened to me before too being called too defensive before lynch votes. This is where we all need to decide what is better having these shifting bandwagons that clearly aren't working well or having open discussion where people maybe defend a bit before the lynch votes actually accumulate. Hard to know what will work best.

See, I think almost the opposite. One of the reasons for these last minute, uncommitted lynches is that no one will make a vote until after much discussion... so late afternoon/early evening.

I think if a bandwagon got formed early in the day, it gives ample opportunity for a real defense. Talk first, lynch later seems to lead to lynches not getting started until 1-2 hours til, and those seem to be most vulnerable to getting switched and reswitched in the final minutes.

See, I think almost the opposite. One of the reasons for these last minute, uncommitted lynches is that no one will make a vote until after much discussion... so late afternoon/early evening.

I think if a bandwagon got formed early in the day, it gives ample opportunity for a real defense. Talk first, lynch later seems to lead to lynches not getting started until 1-2 hours til, and those seem to be most vulnerable to getting switched and reswitched in the final minutes.
My impression (which may or may not be accurate, but which has influenced my play) is that putting in an early lynch makes me more of a target for lynch votes, and that waiting until there are already multiple people with votes means people are less likely to vote for me.

Alternatively, coincidence due to passage of time making me less suspicious to others? But brains like to see patterns even when there are none, which is why it influences my play.

What's she gonna do? Kill me? You guys have done that already
Don't do this again. It is an easy to forget rule, but it is a rule like any other, and I expect players to respect it. Just consider how you would deal with people in your games editing when they weren't supposed to or something.

@Filly Bay, thank you so much for dealing with this exciting lynch while I was busy. You're the best.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I think I"m out of the Nether and can message, but if not just gotta say @Abney mucho love for the SPN gif.

You guys have also got to stop the shifting bandwagon BS. Seriously, discuss first then make a lynch. This let's bandwagon one, wait, unlynch, bandwagon another, wait, unlynch, etc has to stop.

I don't like it either. It's sorta brainless.

It stands for wine in front of me or some such. It's basically circular logic. I had to look out up a bit ago lol

lol makes sense, wine in front of me logic

does it relate to that famous scene in the Princess Bride? Remember? Where he has to try to outsmart that guy with the poison in the cups?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we allowed to talk about the game stuff right now? I'm confused, day/night cycles and Nether worlds and some sort of no talk overnight rule as Trilt's peeve has me all confused.

Are we allowed to talk about the game stuff right now? I'm confused, day/night cycles and Nether worlds and some sort of no talk overnight rule as Trilt's peeve has me all confused.
Yes. Just not in between the times that day or night cycles close and results are posted.

I personally think that if you start piling pm votes and the person doesn't chime in you can assume they probably aren't there.

I don't care if you lynch early. I've never gotten on someone for putting in a vote early. If you plurality before deadline, it can benefit wolves easily. Even if you know they are a wolf. Conversation and discussion benefits the village.

The difference between false memories and true ones is the same as for jewels: it is always the false ones that look the most real, the most brilliant.

In the deep of the night, the sky was calm and air filled with serenity. What could go wrong on such a gorgeous, clear night? Near the edge of a field, a humble cow sat and chewed her cud, half-opened eyes lazily watching a zombie shamble aimlessly through the night. Neither was up to very much, but both twisted their heads to look when a shrill honk/shriek cut through the tranquil night.
At a nearby lake, there was a mad slaughter. Three swans, often gorgeously posed in the still water, had their necks savagely torn out. Now they were floating lifelessly in the same water, and for some reason a dandelion had been placed on each body. Brutally killed was @allyphoe, Swans Reflecting Elephants.

Elsewhere, a looming presence watched the world for sudden shifts in integrity. The Eye - @Kam325 - had never had a problem with her quiet watch over the landscape, but as the night continued she felt oddly guilty. The feeling mounted until it became unbearable, and she suddenly winked out of existence.

- - - - ----------------------
BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -​

Despite the beauty outside (or perhaps because of the mayhem), the man could not sleep well. He tossed and he turned, kicking his blankets aside and then covering himself up, stretching and then curling into a tight ball. He stared at the dirt wall until a small painting appeared on it, and then stared at the painting until the details were nearly burned into his brain:

y2ihPr2.png

Perhaps it was a good time for a walk, instead of rolling back and forth in bed. He rose from his computer, taking a mental note that he really should replace that cracked glass desktop, and brushed some crumbs (feathers?) from the front of his orange jumpsuit.

When he reached for the bedroom doorknob, he found it locked.

Welcome back, @LetItSnow.

It is now Day 7. Lynch will close at 10PM EST.

- - - - ----------------------
BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -

OVERWORLD
3. @dyachei
4. @LetItSnow
7. @heyyimhayley
9. @kcoughli
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @Abney
12. @morninqlory
13. @DVMDream
14. @nyanko
22. @finnickthedog
19. @Crayola227
24. @Devastating

NPC: @Ceke2002

THE NETHER
23. @Promethean

THE END
20. @hazelmoo - Enderman
2. @Zensing - Mooshroom
18. @Mad Jack - Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Wakening
21. @LadyOtheFarm - Pig
15. @genny - Hunger (The Basket of Bread)
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Silverfish
17. @WildZoo - Babou the Cat
25. @StartingoverVet - Galacidalacidesoxyribonucleicacid
5. @SummerTheLynx - Creeper
6. @Jilary - Lightning
16. @Kam325 - The Eye
1. @allyphoe - Swans Reflecting Elephants

Confession time. I'm a minecraft rabbit and your villager assassin. I killed ally last night for a few reasons:
1. Her own logic
2. Dangerous to leave alive until late game because she'd be so suspicious
3. Good wolf convert choice
4. Wolves would never kill her because she'd either be one of them or cause enough confusion in the village that it'd be easy for them to burn a day getting the village to lynch her.

Sorry ally, the dandelions were a mark of respect and gratitude for your sacrifice to the village if you flipped village.

Do with me as you will, but I'm acting in the village's best interest.

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile

Elsewhere, a looming presence watched the world for sudden shifts in integrity. The Eye - @Kam325 - had never had a problem with her quiet watch over the landscape, but as the night continued she felt oddly guilty. The feeling mounted until it became unbearable, and she suddenly winked out of existence.
Anyone else think she was watching for conversions? Do we think this means she saw one or is this just the new wolfy way to kill people?

Also @dyachei who's ability did you borrow that allowed you to live an extra day post-lynch? Because the more I think about it, the wolfier it seems...

Anyone else think she was watching for conversions? Do we think this means she saw one or is this just the new wolfy way to kill people?

Also @dyachei who's ability did you borrow that allowed you to live an extra day post-lynch? Because the more I think about it, the wolfier it seems...
I'd rather not share without their permission

lynch Crayola

this, again? I'm the innocent child

I just got a heads up from the mod, now that I am done with the worst of my IRL stuff, I was gonna become the next expert on Dali painting.

but now you wanna kill me?

since this group prefers lynch-then-defend, and I tend to lynch those that vote for me when I'm villager,

lynch nyanko

Do you know something? Or suspect something?

they have no reason to know or suspect a damn thing, they just know when this happens I throw a fit
as one person pointed out to me, good wolf distraction
good timing too, since I was going to devote my time to figuring this out

OK, can someone confirm for me I'm not crazy:

@dyachei was lynched, but borrowed an ability that allowed them to live

@LetItSnow has come BACK to life?? I thought they died. Or they just came out of the Nether? I was in the Nether before tho.

@LetItSnow has come BACK to life?? I thought they died. Or they just came out of the Nether? I was in the Nether before tho.
resurrection is a pretty common ability. No guarantees he came back village though

Literally yesterday somebody mentioned that Deva had a resurrection ability. I thought it was pretty clear that s/he was going to use it last night and that's probably why LIS is back.

Reactions: 1 users