Persistence of Minecraft WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who was even in the lead just now?

Members don't see this ad.

Craziness Probably Incorrect Offical Final Lynch Tally
Dy (6) - Kam, KC, Promo, Hayley, Finn, Ally
Hayley (0) -
Finn (2) - Nyanko, Deva
Nyanko (0) -
Mq (2) - Dvmd, Dy,
Deva (3) - PBC, Abney, Mq

Please check your votes. I know I messed something up :rofl:

Members don't see this ad :)
The difference is you want to withhold as much information as possible from the wolves. You don't want to give them clear targets for beneficial kills, or rule out others and narrow down their options. We were unlynching, there was literally no reason to do that.

Except that I'm an idiot who really hates nail-biting down to the wire lynch scenarios and tends to over react. Mea culpa.

She's never going to talk to me again.

Loose lips sink ships and all that.

This is why I can't be a wolf. I'd tell on myself the second day.

Guess you guys really don't care if someone is around to defend themselves or not.

This is so not your first game. You've seen how last minute lynches can go, and your name has been in and out of the running. Sorry it went your way.

This is so not your first game. You've seen how last minute lynches can go, and your name has been in and out of the running. Sorry it went your way.
I wasn't around. You guys should have been able to tell. If a noob were up for lynch half of you would have backed off. But it's all fair when a veteran is afk

The man sat on his porch as the sun began to set. The sky was calm and all was quiet. It's been a boring end to the day. Nobody dies. Yet.

It is now Night 6. Night will close at 7AM EST. Please get actions in tonight.

- - - - ----------------------
BsesyVf.gif
---------------------- - - - -

OVERWORLD
1. @allyphoe
3. @dyachei
7. @heyyimhayley
9. @kcoughli
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @Abney
12. @morninqlory
13. @DVMDream
14. @nyanko
16. @Kam325
22. @finnickthedog
19. @Crayola227
23. @Promethean
24. @Devastating

NPC: @Ceke2002

THE NETHER

THE END
20. @hazelmoo - Enderman
2. @Zensing - Mooshroom
18. @Mad Jack - Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Wakening
21. @LadyOtheFarm - Pig
15. @genny - Hunger (The Basket of Bread)
4. @LetItSnow - The Ender Dragon
8. @BeautifulBritishColumbia - Silverfish
17. @WildZoo - Babou the Cat
25. @StartingoverVet - Galacidalacidesoxyribonucleicacid
5. @SummerTheLynx - Creeper
6. @Jilary - Lightning

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'll spill some info. I think ally is villa, but their vote counts as double. If I were a wolf, I'd convert.

Yes, that's my ability. Other than the hmoo / Zen lynch, my extra vote has not swung a lynch.

I'm not converted, but since that's just what I'd say if I had been converted, it's not a particularly useful statement.

I mean I expected it from ally and promo. But kcoughlin started it.

You guys should be aware that I am dying tomorrow.
To be fair, Kam was the one who lynched you first. Though I switched to you because honestly I thought you were around (since you replied pretty quickly to my post earlier about you, figured you were watching the action) and you were next on my list of "who do I know nothing about". I figured either yourself or the person you were supposed to be PMing with could come on and say something, and I tagged you when I saw you didn't immediately reply when the lynch started turning.

Do you know that you're dying tomorrow? For sure? How did you survive the lynch? What is your ability?

Reactions: 1 user
My ability is to borrow other abilities. The one I borrowed allows a little extra time.

Why should I root for the village after that Lynch, abs?

Put on your big boy pants, it's a game, people get lynched, this isn't the first time we've cycled through a bunch of candidates at the end of lynch. We can't just assume people are villagers because they aren't around to defend. Other people were around to defend, so we unlynched them. Suck it up.

Put on your big boy pants, it's a game, people get lynched, this isn't the first time we've cycled through a bunch of candidates at the end of lynch. We can't just assume people are villagers because they aren't around to defend. Other people were around to defend, so we unlynched them. Suck it up.
Except you would if I weren't a veteran. It happens all the time.

I think she's saying you should be suspicious of me, because I'd make a good convert, particularly once the numbers get low enough that an extra vote would swing things. And that makes perfect sense.

Someone could probably math to figure out the point before which you should lynch me, because me as a convert-wolf with two votes would swing things.

BTW, I'm female.

You basically decided that since I wasn't there you would ignore the other stuff I put out there before.

And you get to lose the role I was using to seer people

This is an interesting paradox. If everyone knows someone is a good choice for wolf convert, does it still make them a good choice? Do we assume the wolves would risk it, or assume the wolves would stay away? Hmmm.

A veteran should know not to be afk at lynch time. It is hard to muster tears for someone who would be quick to tell other people how they ought to be around to defend themselves.

These are the breaks. It is a game where things like this happen, and it isn't always fair. There is a lot going on that isn't easily seen from the main thread.

I made Deva a maybe wolf target because of foolish-eager noobiness, but you through Ally out there and made her a potential target despite your veteran status. That alone makes me more comfortable with this lynch.

This is an interesting paradox. If everyone knows someone is a good choice for wolf convert, does it still make them a good choice? Do we assume the wolves would risk it, or assume the wolves would stay away? Hmmm.
Wifom.

But also 2 votes. Your choice on what to do

A veteran should know not to be afk at lynch time. It is hard to muster tears for someone who would be quick to tell other people how they ought to be around to defend themselves.

These are the breaks. It is a game where things like this happen, and it isn't always fair. There is a lot going on that isn't easily seen from the main thread.

I made Deva a maybe wolf target because of foolish-eager noobiness, but you through Ally out there and made her a potential target despite your veteran status. That alone makes me more comfortable with this lynch.
Good for you.

I had real life things to do when Lynch was ending.

Ally is a prime target. Village needs to know

Except you would if I weren't a veteran. It happens all the time.

Yup, I've noticed this pattern lately.

Dy has been PMing with me via an item. Unfortunately, I wasn't around to defend her, at work and dealing with my own cat having a mild vaccine reaction.

Sorry, dy.

You guys have also got to stop the shifting bandwagon BS. Seriously, discuss first then make a lynch. This let's bandwagon one, wait, unlynch, bandwagon another, wait, unlynch, etc has to stop.

A veteran should know not to be afk at lynch time.

Easy enough for someone without a job or someone who can check their phone at work. I can't really yank out my phone during the middle of an exam and tell a client to wait because I'm playing a game. So, like many others, I put in a defense early on. It is very frustrating when people ignore that then go, "well not defending so no loss" and ignore previous game play. Kind of like you did to me last game but you gave plenty of passes to noobs. Either you care people are around or not, shouldn't change depending on who it is. And prior defenses and game play should be considered because not all of us can be present 24/7, glad you can be but that isn't realistic for everyone.

WIFOM, my new favorite WW term ever since I learned it :D (because what better way to describe practically the entire game process)

Yup, I've noticed this pattern lately.

Dy has been PMing with me via an item. Unfortunately, I wasn't around to defend her, at work and dealing with my own cat having a mild vaccine reaction.

Sorry, dy.

You guys have also got to stop the shifting bandwagon BS. Seriously, discuss first then make a lynch. This let's bandwagon one, wait, unlynch, bandwagon another, wait, unlynch, etc has to stop.
Discussion seems to grind to a halt though unless the pressure is being put on someone. Then they typically start talking. It's hard to make any sort of discussion about people who don't participate much or are less active on the thread in general (and I get it, it's a personal play style, just makes it hard to analyze). I throw lynch votes around based on my feels about how people have been playing and what I know or what other people know about them. Today that meant that people piled on to my waffles like butter and syrup but from my perspective was a very informative day. Honestly, someone was going to be lynched today, the timing was just rough.

Discussion seems to grind to a halt though unless the pressure is being put on someone. Then they typically start talking. It's hard to make any sort of discussion about people who don't participate much or are less active on the thread in general (and I get it, it's a personal play style, just makes it hard to analyze). I throw lynch votes around based on my feels about how people have been playing and what I know or what other people know about them. Today that meant that people piled on to my waffles like butter and syrup but from my perspective was a very informative day. Honestly, someone was going to be lynched today, the timing was just rough.

Then we should start removing those who refuse to discuss until they are pressured by lynch votes. Shouldn't need a lynch vote to know people are bringing up your name as suspicious. If we have to start eliminating people until they learn to discuss the game, then so be it. They'll either start discussing better in future games or get lynched frequently or stop playing. I mean, not really sure how else to address this issue, so if anyone has better ideas...

Well, when you're deciding, bear in mind that the extra vote is entirely worthless to the village, because I have no special wolf-identifying skills to go with it. (Lack of special wolf-identifying skills, or any way to gather information behind the scenes is why I have been circumspect about affecting votes, and it wasn't my intention to create an hmoo/Zen tie.) Having run some numbers, the only arguments I can come up with for not lynching me before we get anywhere near endgame is that it's a a waste of a day's lynch. But if there's another night like tonight, when everyone under consideration gets cleared to the satisfaction of everyone who's around, I am probably the logical solution to "who do we all pile on at 2 minutes to lynch."

By my math, the conversion risk is too high when we're down to 11 total players, unless someone (shoe-hat?) can prove my continued villagery-ness *and* that the wolves have no remaining conversions before then. And that's like tomorrow night.

Shouldn't need a lynch vote to know people are bringing up your name as suspicious.

People get piled onto for defending too much when they don't have a significant number of votes, though.