Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA) Waitlist 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lindsayxx8

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I just wanted to make a group for those currently on the waitlist for PCOM-PA for the 2019-2020 cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Deferred! Interviewed on 2/20! Hoping for good news soon!

Hello! Does anyone know if PCOM accepts letters of update/intent? The waitlist letter states MCAT, course grades, or any other significant changes, but does not mention letters. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
The put me on hold for grades early February has anyone else experienced this

I was also wondering if we can submit a letter of intent and if we should mail it or email to admissions. I was put on hold on November 1st and got waitlisted on 2/24

Hello! Does anyone know if PCOM accepts letters of update/intent? The waitlist letter states MCAT, course grades, or any other significant changes, but does not mention letters. Thanks!
I am not sure but I sent a letter of intent! At this point shoot your shot and hope for the best!

I was also wondering if we can submit a letter of intent and if we should mail it or email to admissions. I was put on hold on November 1st and got waitlisted on 2/24
I emailed mine to pcomadmissions

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
I wrote a letter of intent about a month after my DD letter came in. About two weeks later, I got a letter that I was moved to the waitlist. I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or not.

I wrote a letter of intent about a month after my DD letter came in. About two weeks later, I got a letter that I was moved to the waitlist. I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or not.

I was DD as well early February, and then waitlisted two weeks later. I think it may be best to just wait, if others are saying they only accept scores and grades. Thank You all for your help! Wishing you all well, and hope you are taking care of yourselves during these uncertain times.

Interviewed in December, deferred decision in January and WL in late February. Good luck to everyone!

One question...what are the specific April deadlines? Do you have to reduce your deposits to 3 schools by April 15? Is April 30th when students have to submit a plan to enroll to one school?

Interviewed in December, deferred decision in January and WL in late February. Good luck to everyone!

One question...what are the specific April deadlines? Do you have to reduce your deposits to 3 schools by April 15? Is April 30th when students have to submit a plan to enroll to one school?
You have to make your decision on your top 3 school choices by April 15th, which is why students typically see a lot of WL movement at that time. Who knows how that will work with the current pandemic situation. It seems that everything is really behind.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I really wonder how this pandemic is going to affect our position :arghh:

Reactions: 4 users
I really wonder how this pandemic is going to affect our position :arghh:
I'm not sure if PCOM stopped giving out interviews but I know some schools that cut the interview season a bit shorter so maybe hopefully a smaller waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how PCOM is handling requiring a second MCAT score dated prior July 1st since AMCAS is cancelling a lot of the dates due to coronavirus?

Hey guys! Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything by any chance?

Unfortunately not me, I would have thought that there would be a bit more movement already just based off of previous years' threads

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately not me, I would have thought that there would be a bit more movement already just based off of previous years' threads

Same here. I’ve been anxiously checking my portal without any changes or news. Hopefully after the MD deposit deadline (which is tomorrow) we see some movement.

I don't suppose anyone has any good news for us do they?

I don't suppose anyone has any good news for us do they?
Based off of what others have told me, people who were in the last few rounds of interviews haven’t even heard back yet. Seems like they haven’t so much as looked at the WL yet

That is awesome to hear! Unfortunately I have no such news to share about myself, but I am hopeful with at least one person getting accepted that we may start seeing some movement. I wonder if all of these delays are COVID related

Reactions: 3 users
I was wondering if I should send a letter of intent to PCOM and if it would make any difference. I know in my waitlist letter, they only accept updates on MCAT and grades. PCOM is my first choice. Hoping there will be some movement soon, I'm sure the pandemic is causing a lot of delays.

I was wondering if I should send a letter of intent to PCOM and if it would make any difference. I know in my waitlist letter, they only accept updates on MCAT and grades. PCOM is my first choice. Hoping there will be some movement soon, I'm sure the pandemic is causing a lot of delays.
You answered your own question. Why send something they do not want. They are working from home to get the class seated. Patience is, and always has been, the name of the game. The wait list can not move if those with multiple acceptances have not made their final decision. Frustrating I know but movement in the wait list is not up to them. Believe me they are as anxious as you to get a firm number for the class.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey Guys, any updates for anyone recently?

Hey Guys, any updates for anyone recently?
Someone on the PCOM Main Thread had mentioned that they got accepted on Wednesday 20 May, so that makes about 2 that I have seen on that thread thus far (spaced about a month apart). Other than that I haven't seen anything. I think we still just need to wait and be patient. This is from Orthodoc40 from a 2006 post, and although the number of applications are now double, the percentages here seem promising if its any consolation to anyone.

"(Applications In State/OOS; Interviewed In State/OOS; Accepted In State/OOS; Enrolled In State/OOS)
School
PCOM - 553/3272; 309/259; 237/177; 161/105"

any news? tried calling admissions to ask for any updates and they're useless
They don't have anything to update. One out and one in. If no one withdraws there is no movement on the list. Quite a few may defer because of the virus which will mean less to admit next year. It is all a numbers game and waiting game.

The waitlist is moving a little. I was offered a seat on Friday, June 12th. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
has anyone else tried logging into their portal today? mine says “ID record locked due to excessive invalid login attempts” but i only tried logging in once... :/

has anyone else tried logging into their portal today? mine says “ID record locked due to excessive invalid login attempts” but i only tried logging in once... :/
Just did. Nothing different

I just tried to login and it was the same... I'm not sure why though

Mine also says this and I am not sure why

it seems like they fixed this! :) anyone hear anything today?

I got an acceptance today! Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 9 users
Thanks! I asked if the admissions committee welcomed letters of intent and they said yes so I ended up sending one
Congrats!!!

I sent them a letter of intent back in March, would you advise sending another? I feel as a second letter would be pushing it...

Congrats!!!

I sent them a letter of intent back in March, would you advise sending another? I feel as a second letter would be pushing it...
Just my two cents, if something has changed that you want to update I don't see anything wrong with sending another letter since it's been several months.

Got off the waitlist at my top choice and I will be withdrawing my spot on PCOM's waitlist. Good luck to everyone this cycle and stay safe!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats!!!

I sent an update and 2 Letters of intent after being waitlisted and was offered acceptance about a month ago. Its later in the game now, but it can’t hurt!

Did you guys receive rejection emails?