Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've been stalking my mailman these few days hoping to get a letter from PCOM! We're just being neurotic premeds!
Do we know what the acceptance vs. rejection envelope will look like?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been stalking my mailman these few days hoping to get a letter from PCOM! We're just being neurotic premeds!

Do you know if they're being sent out this week or are you just doing premed things

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance package in the mail today!!
Complete mid Aug
II mid oct
intv Nov 1
OOS
LM=65
First Acceptance!!!!!

Reactions: 20 users
Accepted!! Hopefully going to hear more good news!

Reactions: 6 users
Acceptance package in the mail today!!
Complete mid Aug
II mid oct
intv Nov 1
OOS
LM=65
First Acceptance!!!!!

Two questions....Big or small envelope? and did you portal already change for the deposit payment?

II!!! I'm OOS so I really wasn't expecting anything. What a surprise!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
Recently accepted and am wondering where do we go to pay the $250 prepayment?

After the long anxiety-provoking wait, I can officially say ACCEPTED.

Complete: September 15
II: October 19
Interview: October 26
Acceptance Package: November 17
Residence: In State

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope to meet/see you all in August! Sending good vibes your way fellow applicants. If I can help you out in any way or if you have questions, please feel free to contact me.

ACCEPTED!!!!!
Complete: 8/1
II: 10/7
Interview: 10/14
Acceptance package (big envelope): 11/16
IS
Non-trad.

Warmest congratulations to all other accepted candidates (and possible future classmates), and best of luck to those awaiting news!

Hello,
Recently accepted and am wondering where do we go to pay the $250 prepayment?

I wish you all the best of luck and I hope to meet/see you all in August! Sending good vibes your way fellow applicants. If I can help you out in any way or if you have questions, please feel free to contact me.
ACCEPTED!!!!!
IS
Non-trad.

Warmest congratulations to all other accepted candidates (and possible future classmates), and best of luck to those awaiting news!

Did all of your portals change to show the deposit link yet? Mine still did not.

ACCEPTED!!!!!
IS
Non-trad.

Congratulations! Hopefully I get a letter in the mail too today..

Reactions: 1 users

I am sure you was happy when you opened your mailbox lol. Congrats

Accepted !!!!!
Complete 9/10
Interview 10/25
LizzyM 65

Funny how you go from 5 rejections in one cycle to one acceptance in the next cycle

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
I am sure you was happy when you opened your mailbox lol. Congrats

I wasn't home when it came and I told my husband if a letter from PCOM comes to please open it and text me the contents. I got the text when I was in my night lab! I was so excited, happy, and relieved. Thank you!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!!!!!!!!!! My top choice so see all my future classmates in August! I am beyond elated to God be the glory!!!! Congrats to everyone accepted thus far and for those still waiting keep hope alive. 4 rejections last year and now I can officially say...I am going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats on the acceptances, everyone! Don't freak out if Nucleus doesn't update right away. Last year it took about 3-5 days for it to update so you could pay the deposit! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Interviewed at the end of October!

Reactions: 9 users
All these acceptances are making me anxious for an II! Congrats guys!!

Reactions: 4 users
Been traveling throughout Asia these past few days and couldn't log on to SDN. But found out that I got ACCEPTEDDD. Words can't describe how honored and blessed I feel! Congrats to all accepted as well!

Reactions: 14 users
a little confused on how we make the payment ($250 deposit).
Is this the website" https://bannerweb.pcom.edu/" ?
and how long would it take to update?
Thanks and congrats to all accepted :)

Rejected :/
Complete: 7/26
II: 8/1
Interview: 10/18
Acceptance package (big envelope): 11/17
OOS
LizzyM Score: 63

Got my letter, on hold, anyone know how that process works? Is that like getting waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to hear that :(

But how did you get an acceptance package if you were rejected?

My confusion as well! Maybe sarcasm?

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile

They weren't rejected. They have a row to put the date of a rejection if they were to be rejected. So rejection should be N/A or something. I misread it at first too lol

Congrats to everyone who received an acceptance!

I'm REALLY hoping I hear back from PCOM. This school is in my top 3 (probably #2, at the moment) of programs I would like to attend. I was complete on Nov 8, so it will be a little while, unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 user
Originally offered an interview on 10/10 but I am a DO/PhD candidate and will be doing both on 12/16

They weren't rejected. They have a row to put the date of a rejection if they were to be rejected. So rejection should be N/A or something. I misread it at first too lol
Sorry, I copied and pasted from another person's acceptance post, so I actually meant the rejection date I received the small, regular-sized envelope in the mail. Good luck to everyone else interviewing! Does anyone know if there's any way to get feedback about our application?

Got my letter, on hold, anyone know how that process works? Is that like getting waitlisted?
Last year I was given a "delayed decision" letter as my first notification after my interview. I am not sure if "on hold" is similar to this. I would call/email to find out on Monday, however! Best of luck.

Last year I was given a "delayed decision" letter as my first notification after my interview. I am not sure if "on hold" is similar to this. I would call/email to find out on Monday, however! Best of luck.

Oh yeah, delayed decision, it said that too, can I PM you about that?

I am sorry for silly question, but I got a bit confused! So portal will allow you to pay the deposit $250 only in the case of acceptance? TIA

I am sorry for silly question, but I got a bit confused! So portal will allow you to pay the deposit $250 only in the case of acceptance? TIA
Yes of course. Usually (not in all cases) the acceptance letter will precede the portal change to pay the deposit.