Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MY VERY FIRST II JUST NOW!!!!!! I am ecstatic! PCOM is a top choice for me!!!

Congratulations!! I bet you're really excited! I'm still waiting unfortunately. When were you complete and what are your stats like if you don't mind?

Members don't see this ad :)
With all these IIs coming out, one would think some acceptances and rejections would follow pretty soon...

I see you're 6 for 6 on interviews! Wanna enlighten us on how to crush the interview?
I don't have any super enlightening advice, but I'd be happy to share experiences. :)
I haven't received an II from PCOM though so I think it's best if you send me a PM to keep this thread on track!
(I tried to PM you but SDN won't let me)

Complete in mid August and still waiting on a secondary from here. Seems I'm not the only one though.

Reactions: 1 users
I assume you mean interview*, not secondary, right?
Correct. I'm not sure why but I usually see II = secondary = interview =/ (does not equal) supplemental application. Wish the terminology could have used some more distinct words but....too late now. :rofl:

This is so sad. You really came here to say that your entire race is better than black people and equal or better than whites?! Like you really just did that. Systematic racism is real and your people were never enslaved by this country and continue to be discriminated against to this day from education, to jobs, to housing, and beyond. Moreover, sympathy for fellow human beings regardless of race is a huge part of being a doctor. A HUGE part. And the ability to understand and accept cultural differences without hate or discrimination is paramount. If you fail to see that simple fact then I am scared of what type of physician you will become in the future if you do become a doctor. That is the truly sad and scary part.

SDN can you please intervene on this type of racist and non-productive content?
This is so sad. You really came here to say that your entire race is better than black people and equal or better than whites?! Like you really just did that. Systematic racism is real and your people were never enslaved by this country and continue to be discriminated against to this day from education, to jobs, to housing, and beyond. Moreover, sympathy for fellow human beings regardless of race is a huge part of being a doctor. A HUGE part. And the ability to understand and accept cultural differences without hate or discrimination is paramount. If you fail to see that simple fact then I am scared of what type of physician you will become in the future if you do become a doctor. That is the truly sad and scary part.

SDN can you please intervene on this type of racist and non-productive content?

https://www.aei.org/publication/acc...imination-against-asian-americans-and-whites/

Additional letters of rec -- if submitted through AACOMAS at this point do you think they will be considered?

Thank you.

Additional letters of rec -- if submitted through AACOMAS at this point do you think they will be considered?

Thank you.
I submitted an additional LOR and got my II about a week later (after months of waiting).. but that was probably just a coincidence. However, I sent the letter to [email protected] but I'm sure AACOMAS would work too

Members don't see this ad :)
Is 6 weeks waiting after being complete enough time to hit the panic button?

Been waiting since 8/18 here

It's like a rejection on the down-low, I think

Hi Guys if you could help me with this I would appreciate it!

How are we supposed to know if they received everything? Is the Portal you guys are talking about the AACOMAS System?

Thanks

Hi Guys if you could help me with this I would appreciate it!

How are we supposed to know if they received everything? Is the Portal you guys are talking about the AACOMAS System?

Thanks

Nope. It's the one that pcom sends. If there's a date next to the requirement, they have it. Check the previous posts on this thread. I think someone put up a pic.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they send out complete emails? Everything next to mine has a date so does that mean I am complete? Also do they tell you if you are rejected?

Do they send out complete emails? Everything next to mine has a date so does that mean I am complete? Also do they tell you if you are rejected?
From the portal
"If there is a date populated in the Received column for each required item, your application is complete. (Note that the Status column will always remain blank.)"
"Once your application is complete, no further application status updates will be posted to this portal. Application status information is also not provided via phone or email inquiry at any time."

Anyone have an idea of when we should be hearing back? The wait is such a killer.

Reactions: 3 users
Week 7 of waiting :( ADCOMs throw me an II plz

Would visiting this school help chances of an II?

This is my #1 choice but received no love :/ Is there anything I can do besides waiting

Interviewed 11/1 - excited to hear back soon!

Last edited:
Happy Friday to me! I just got an II! Can anyone give me any insight into what the interview is like?

Reactions: 3 users
Happy Friday to me! I just got an II! Can anyone give me any insight into what the interview is like?
Congrats! Really chill and fun! Go in with a great attitude and you'll be fine! There are a few posts a few pages back with more info!

I have decided to withdraw my application and II. Hopefully it goes to one of you. Best of luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats! Really chill and fun! Go in with a great attitude and you'll be fine! There are a few posts a few pages back with more info!

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app