You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pikeville College SOM- 2011-2012
Started by smithle85
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes, some of the people that paid their deposits have chosen to attend other schools and will lose their money, but the school won't know if they changed their minds until probably May unless they let them know beforehand via email/phone.
112 deposits have been paid so far, but I'm guessing they will accept more than the exact amount in order to get around the 135...so they will probably accept about 40 more students--from the Feb and March interviews combined...
The next interview dates are March 17 and 18th.
112 deposits have been paid so far, but I'm guessing they will accept more than the exact amount in order to get around the 135...so they will probably accept about 40 more students--from the Feb and March interviews combined...
The next interview dates are March 17 and 18th.
Thanks for letting me know, although it would be nice to know today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you hear that the March dates are 17/18. Another poster just said they were 8/9. Ronnie has told me that they are not yet 'confirmed'.
Yes, some of the people that paid their deposits have chosen to attend other schools and will lose their money, but the school won't know if they changed their minds until probably May unless they let them know beforehand via email/phone.
112 deposits have been paid so far, but I'm guessing they will accept more than the exact amount in order to get around the 135...so they will probably accept about 40 more students--from the Feb and March interviews combined...
The next interview dates are March 17 and 18th.
oh one of the current med students said those dates, i accidentally posted march 7/8 a few weeks ago...
oh did he say they aren't doing the March dates? I'm not sure about that.
oh did he say they aren't doing the March dates? I'm not sure about that.
Oh, no Ronnie says there will be dates in March but they are not yet confirmed. As in, they don't know for sure WHICH days they will be interviewing in March. I've just heard a lot of different dates being talked about on here so I'm trying to figure out where that info is coming from. I opted to reschedule my feb interview for march for multiple reasons. One of them was so that I'd have more time to book travel in advance, but that is proving impossible since they still haven't told me the dates! I'm a bit frustrated, but grateful still, for the opportunity to interview.
Oh, no Ronnie says there will be dates in March but they are not yet confirmed. As in, they don't know for sure WHICH days they will be interviewing in March. I've just heard a lot of different dates being talked about on here so I'm trying to figure out where that info is coming from. I opted to reschedule my feb interview for march for multiple reasons. One of them was so that I'd have more time to book travel in advance, but that is proving impossible since they still haven't told me the dates! I'm a bit frustrated, but grateful still, for the opportunity to interview.
Those were the dates Ronnie mentioned on the phone on Thursday. If he told the other person the dates weren't confirmed since that time, I would go with that! Also, my file went complete today, only three business days since I sent in my secondary, so here's to hoping we'll know for sure what those interview dates are soon!
Congrats!! Still waiting......Received a nice phone call this morning... Accepted!! See you kiddos July 30 😀
Edit: Interviewed January 7th. AKA a long time ago.
Congrats!! Still waiting......
Congrats! I'm still waiting as well.
Congrats! I'm still waiting as well.
Best of luck to you. I wanted to add that I didn't have a LOR from a DO, which is strange because that's a "requirement." Did this happen to anyone else or did the rules just bend in my favor for some reason?
Best of luck to you. I wanted to add that I didn't have a LOR from a DO, which is strange because that's a "requirement." Did this happen to anyone else or did the rules just bend in my favor for some reason?
That I can't speak to, but I was wondering if you heard from them any other times following your interview?
Now I really hope I get in especially since I was waiting forever for my DO letter.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That I can't speak to, but I was wondering if you heard from them any other times following your interview?
I received an e-mail from Ronnie Collins 4 days after my interview stating "The admissions committee has met and are requesting additional information from your file. This will cause a slight delay with final decision from your interview. "
I really hope calls for Saturdays interviews get made today. The wait is killer.
I really hope calls for Saturdays interviews get made today. The wait is killer.
Agreed! Every time my phone rings I'm hoping for that call.
Congrats! Thanks until then I'll be stationed right next to my phone. You interviewed on Friday right?
Got the call!!!!
KYCOM class of 2016!!!!!
Hoping all you guys get the same call soon!!
Congrats!!
Thanks guys!!!
And Yes! I interviewed last Friday...Dr. Buser is making calls today for acceptances into the class of 2016 and the class of 2016/17 on a space available basis...both are acceptances, but I'm so grateful I have my spot in the class that is starting this summer!!
And Yes! I interviewed last Friday...Dr. Buser is making calls today for acceptances into the class of 2016 and the class of 2016/17 on a space available basis...both are acceptances, but I'm so grateful I have my spot in the class that is starting this summer!!
Congrats as well! Did you just receive the phone call? I've been anticipating one all day so far, however I interviewed Saturday so I suppose it will come in a bit.Congrats mtnDO, I got the call too! I think I sat next to you at the waiting for our interview haha
Nothing yet on my end. Did you interview on Saturday also?Any word yet from sat. Interview group?
We probably did, you a girl or a feller?! haha..Congrats to you too btw!!Congrats mtnDO, I got the call too! I think I sat next to you at the waiting for our interview haha
And slm88, I was interviewed on 2/17..but I wouldn''t worry too much if you haven't heard back yet...they just met up Wednesday, rather than their usual Monday meetings...wish you and other sdn'ers the very best!
mtnDO I know you mentioned that you interviewed on 2/17. Any chance you happen to know if they go by the order of the interviews when it comes time to make calls? I don't wish to read in to it, however we were discussing hobbies and I got the infamous pat on the back. Hope this is followed by a call.
Nothing yet on my end. Did you interview on Saturday also?
I haven't heard anything back either. Has anyone from the Saturday interview gotten a call yet??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my letter was from a MD also. It is recommended that it is from a DO, I believe.Best of luck to you. I wanted to add that I didn't have a LOR from a DO, which is strange because that's a "requirement." Did this happen to anyone else or did the rules just bend in my favor for some reason?
Feller. We talked about riding 4 wheelers haha
We probably did, you a girl or a feller?! haha..Congrats to you too btw!!
And slm88, I was interviewed on 2/17..but I wouldn''t worry too much if you haven't heard back yet...they just met up Wednesday, rather than their usual Monday meetings...wish you and other sdn'ers the very best!
So it looks like no one that interviewed Saturday has gotten a call yet? It this correct?
NJMedStudent83....I ain't too sure on what specific order they go in, but I wouldn't give up hope yet or look too far into it. I've heard of them calling people weeks after an interview, it's just according to how busy they are.
DO1987...I may have talked to ya, I love to go fourwheelin now! I don't remember what all I talked about that day, it's all a blur! haha.. I can hook you up with some great riding trails around here though, it's a great hobby to get into. PM me sometime and I'll figure out if I've met ya, if not, I'm sure I will eventually!
DO1987...I may have talked to ya, I love to go fourwheelin now! I don't remember what all I talked about that day, it's all a blur! haha.. I can hook you up with some great riding trails around here though, it's a great hobby to get into. PM me sometime and I'll figure out if I've met ya, if not, I'm sure I will eventually!
That's what I was thinking as well. I suppose the weather caused some issue, and maybe the call will come tomorrow. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether to contact them?NJMedStudent83....I ain't too sure on what specific order they go in, but I wouldn't give up hope yet or look too far into it. I've heard of them calling people weeks after an interview, it's just according to how busy they are.
DO1987...I may have talked to ya, I love to go fourwheelin now! I don't remember what all I talked about that day, it's all a blur! haha.. I can hook you up with some great riding trails around here though, it's a great hobby to get into. PM me sometime and I'll figure out if I've met ya, if not, I'm sure I will eventually!
Hang in there guys; I know the wait for the phone call is unbearable but I'm sending good vibes🙂
Congratz to those that already got it!
Congratz to those that already got it!
Thank for the vibes!! Are there any current students that have any info as to whether calls are being made today or Monday?Hang in there guys; I know the wait for the phone call is unbearable but I'm sending good vibes🙂
Congratz to those that already got it!
Accepted!!!!
Accepted!!!!
Congrats!
🙂 Join the facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/298595700169623/
Did those that are still waiting for an interview, get an email saying you should know by next couple weeks if you are chosen for an interview or interview slots have been filled...my friend got it and was wondering if everyone that applied got the email or only those they are still considering.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks everyone for the congrats!! I was there on the 26th, and the Coal building looks amazing. The exterior is almost all complete and the construction crew had been working on the interior and the large deck that extends the the upper part of the campus. I was very impressed.
Congrats!!Accepted!!!!
Thanks, now finally the stress of waiting is over!Congrats!!
Did those that are still waiting for an interview, get an email saying you should know by next couple weeks if you are chosen for an interview or interview slots have been filled...my friend got it and was wondering if everyone that applied got the email or only those they are still considering.
Maybe..? This is what I got
"This is to notify you that your application for admission to Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine is complete.
Your application will be reviewed with all with all other completed applications until either you have received an interview date or you have been notified that an interview is not possible because all interview slots have been filled. Please be aware that preference is given to applications from the Appalachian area.
If you have further application information, please feel free to forward it to the attention of the Medical School Admissions Office."
Maybe..? This is what I got
"This is to notify you that your application for admission to Kentucky College of Osteopathic Medicine is complete.
Your application will be reviewed with all with all other completed applications until either you have received an interview date or you have been notified that an interview is not possible because all interview slots have been filled. Please be aware that preference is given to applications from the Appalachian area.
If you have further application information, please feel free to forward it to the attention of the Medical School Admissions Office."
That is the same email I received prior to my interview invite, but I'm not sure if it means anything other than what it says. For your sake I hope you get an invite.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 97
- Views
- 20K
- Replies
- 187
- Views
- 40K