Pre-dental class of 2008 at Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iw

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have gotten two b's in chemI and physI and I am taking chemII, physII, bioI, calc III and an atr class all next semester is that toomuch? my current G.P.A is a 3.4 and I am afraid it will go lower do you think I shoul drop a class?

Members don't see this ad.

My biggest fear is failing a science class and never being able to get into dentist school or maybe blowing the D.A.T does anyone share my fears?

igor wanko said:
I have gotten two b's in chemI and physI and I am taking chemII, physII, bioI, calc III and an atr class all next semester is that toomuch? my current G.P.A is a 3.4 and I am afraid it will go lower do you think I shoul drop a class?

everyone does the same and has the same fear.

I took CHM111 and CHM 112, and got A in both classes(it was my 1st year).
my next semester(2nd year) schedule is BIO1, PHY1, Calc Honor, General elective, ECO202,(total of 19 credits) then the schedule after that is BIO2, PHY2, CALC2 Honor....

after that my 3rd year will have organic chemistry and unknowns....

my current GPA is 3.75 because I got B and C in english classes -_-;
other than english classes, i have A's.

I go to community college now, so it must be easier, but I will transfer to 4 year institution as soon as i finish 2nd year.

I believe my GPA will go down or up depends on how i do next semester.
but I heard that people with 3.0 are still accepted if they do well on DAT.

right now, I am not that worried about my GPA, but my DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey i also go to maryland (college park campus) and also class of 2008. My advisor doesnt recommend taking more than 3 lab science courses so i guess u should drop one science class. And if chem II = orgo u should def NOT take 3 lab science courses. Personally i would only go for 2 lab science course max each sem and average about 15-17 credits per semester.

zriceman said:
hey i also go to maryland (college park campus) and also class of 2008. My advisor doesnt recommend taking more than 3 lab science courses so i guess u should drop one science class. And if chem II = orgo u should def NOT take 3 lab science courses. Personally i would only go for 2 lab science course max each sem and average about 15-17 credits per semester.

thankyou guys for your comments and advice. now can I get some more please?