Purdue Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still haven't figured out who you are @bjeh is.... any hints??? And wow 1200 is a lot.
:ninja: I'm a blonde female does that help? haha I know who you are and I may know who goose is...

Members don't see this ad.

:ninja: I'm a blonde female does that help? haha I know who you are and I may know who goose is...

The blonde female thing doesn't help quite so much.. but at least it narrows it down! Yeah I should've picked a different username ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Can you give any idea of stats?
How many OOS interview invites?
How many acceptances?
Any info on the interviews would be much appreciated.
Where to stay at for the interview?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, is there a way I can know if my interview offer was as an OOS or as an IS?

if you are out of state for that school you are OOS and if you are in state applicant of that school you are IS

Does that still apply if I moved in to indiana on August?

Last edited:
Does that still apply if I moved in to indiana on August?

I would say you are most likely OOS. You need to live in Indiana for a year while not attending school to acquire residency and you need to be a resident when submitting your app to be considered IS. But you should definitely double check on that!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Does anyone know if we have to send Purdue fall transcripts?

Does anyone know if we have to send Purdue fall transcripts?

I didn't. The committee goes by what you put on your VMCAS. If you are accepted, then they will need your transcripts.

@cheathac and @amgoose319 Thanks! I didn't see anything on the site or in any emails. Just wanted to make sure.

Edit: Received an email on 12/18 saying we don’t need to send Fall transcripts

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I got an interview, OOS!!! So excited :) I picked January 26th and made my reservation to stay on the Purdue Memorial Union from the 25th to the 27th. My room includes two beds and I am willing to share and split cost with anyone who is looking for somewhere to stay. Girls only!

Reactions: 2 users
Can you give any idea of stats?
How many OOS interview invites?
How many acceptances?
Any info on the interviews would be much appreciated.
Where to stay at for the interview?
Thank you!

Here's info from c/o 2020 and 2021 admitted applicants:
DVM Student Profile - College of Veterinary Medicine - Purdue University

No clue on how many interviews they have.

I thought interviews at Purdue were relaxing compared to others I went to, and I recommend attending the banquet if you are able to go, it gives you a better feel for the school.

Purdue has a hotel on campus that is walking distance to the vet school, so you can look into there and see if they have any openings.

Reactions: 1 users
OOS interview! Found out a few days ago. Can't wait to take my first trip to Indiana!

Members don't see this ad :)
In regards to the interview, is it MMI format or is there a panel of admissions committee?

In regards to the interview, is it MMI format or is there a panel of admissions committee?

It’s one 30 minutes interview with two individuals that work in the vet school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Is anyone else flying in for their interview? I was planning on flying to Indianapolis airport. @cheathac Lafayette Limo... thanks for your help! I plan on booking stuff this weekend.

Edit: Nevermind! Looked through Purdue’s site again and they mentioned Lafayette Limo as well.

Last edited:
Is anyone else flying in for their interview? I was planning on flying to Indianapolis airport. @cheathac Lafayette Limo... thanks for your help! I plan on booking stuff this weekend.

Edit: Nevermind! Looked through Purdue’s site again and they mentioned Lafayette Limo as well.

Anytime. Happy to help! Look into staying a Purdue's Memorial Union, it is a 15 minute walk to the vet school! Plus there might even be shuttles? But don't quote me on that!

@cheathac if Purdue Memorial Union is full are there any other hotels nearby you would recommend? Holiday Inn Lafayette City Center? Your help is always appreciated :)

What is the best way to prepare for interviews here? I understand that it is a 30 minute behavioral interview, and to review your application, know yourself, and practice scenarios such as...tell me about a time when..... But can they ask you about clinical veterinary medicine cases or how you would approach treatment etc? I feel like the interview day page doesn't provide a lot of detail....

What is the best way to prepare for interviews here? I understand that it is a 30 minute behavioral interview, and to review your application, know yourself, and practice scenarios such as...tell me about a time when..... But can they ask you about clinical veterinary medicine cases or how you would approach treatment etc? I feel like the interview day page doesn't provide a lot of detail....
I had this interview around 4 years ago so take this with a grain of salt as things could have changed... But I remember was questions like:

"Tell us about yourself"
"What would you do in this ethical scenario?" *Gave reasonable answer* "Okay but what about if this changed then what?"
"How would you approach someone who was mean to or wouldn't include someone different/diverse?" (or something like that)

They may ask you ethical veterinary questions but they wouldn't specifically ask you how you would treat a cat with hepatic lipodosis or anything.

Preparing to make the trek tomorrow for interview on Friday. Any last minute advice, encouragement, thoughts, etc? Pros and Cons of why Purdue was the right place for you? (without taking IS/OOS finances into consideration... I'm from PA :rolleyes: ) Thank you and good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend!:xf:

Anyone coming to the banquet on Friday? I'll be there ^^

Does anyone know how many OOS people they interview? I cannot find it on their website o_O

Safe travels and good luck!
I'll be there next weekend!

Sent from my SM-N950U using SDN mobile

While the topic of the banquet is being brought up...are most people just going to wear their interview suit to the banquet since it’s that same night?? I can’t seem to find anywhere that says what the attire for the banquet is. Just wondering since the declared attire for Ohio State’s dinner the night before the interview was “business casual”, so I clearly wore a different outfit to their dinner from the interview.

While the topic of the banquet is being brought up...are most people just going to wear their interview suit to the banquet since it’s that same night?? I can’t seem to find anywhere that says what the attire for the banquet is. Just wondering since the declared attire for Ohio State’s dinner the night before the interview was “business casual”, so I clearly wore a different outfit to their dinner from the interview.
Im pretty sure most people on my interview day wore the same thing to both.

Preparing to make the trek tomorrow for interview on Friday. Any last minute advice, encouragement, thoughts, etc? Pros and Cons of why Purdue was the right place for you? (without taking IS/OOS finances into consideration... I'm from PA :rolleyes: ) Thank you and good luck to everyone interviewing this weekend!:xf:
Don't really have any specific advice besides just be yourself and try to relax as much as possible (I know it's easier said than done). I'm from the east coast too and I'm glad I'm at Purdue, the small class size is a big part of it.

Good luck! Feel free to message me with any questions ( this applies to other people as well)

I ended up changing into a sweater dress from my suit. Some people changed and others stayed in their interview attire so it’s up to you

Someone else may have already asked this, so I apologize if I missed it. I know guests are welcome at the banquet, but can they go to other talks on the itinerary throughout the day as well?

Someone else may have already asked this, so I apologize if I missed it. I know guests are welcome at the banquet, but can they go to other talks on the itinerary throughout the day as well?
Yes they can. My dad pretty much went to everything I did on interview day.

Good luck to all of you interviewing today!!! Just take a deep breath and be yourself (I know so cliche but seriously this was the best advice I got). We at PVM are all rooting for you!! Hope you guys enjoy your time here. Purdue is an amazing vet school (may be a little biased haha), but they really do a good job in making sure you learn and they care about your success! Feel free to pm me with any questions, I'm sure I'll see some of you throughout the day and I will be an ambassador at the banquet next Friday.

Does attendance to the day's events (besides the interview of course) have any bearing on acceptance? I know this sounds bogus, but my roommate had the flu last week and I've been getting sick over the past few days. I will obviously still go to my interview since I've come all this way, but I'm worried about getting a bunch of other students/interviewees sick, particularly at the banquet with all the food. My immune system really has wonderful timing :help:

Good luck to all of you interviewing today!!! Just take a deep breath and be yourself (I know so cliche but seriously this was the best advice I got). We at PVM are all rooting for you!! Hope you guys enjoy your time here. Purdue is an amazing vet school (may be a little biased haha), but they really do a good job in making sure you learn and they care about your success! Feel free to pm me with any questions, I'm sure I'll see some of you throughout the day and I will be an ambassador at the banquet next Friday.
I second this! It's exciting seeing all you guys here. Good luck everyone!

Does attendance to the day's events (besides the interview of course) have any bearing on acceptance? I know this sounds bogus, but my roommate had the flu last week and I've been getting sick over the past few days. I will obviously still go to my interview since I've come all this way, but I'm worried about getting a bunch of other students/interviewees sick, particularly at the banquet with all the food. My immune system really has wonderful timing :help:
They don't take attendance or make note of people that go to the extra stuff so I think it's fine to only go to the interview. I've talked to several of my classmates about it before and a lot of them didn't go to any of the information sessions or the banquet.

Who all is interviewing on the 25th? See yall there!

Last edited:
Who all is interviewing on the 25th? See yall there!

Good luck! I interviewed this past Friday. I loved the school. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did! Schools always say they have a family atmosphere but you can really feel it here.

Good luck! I interviewed this past Friday. I loved the school. I didn’t expect to like it as much as I did! Schools always say they have a family atmosphere but you can really feel it here.
I'm really excited to go too. Did they say anything about when decisions will be made?

I'm really excited to go too. Did they say anything about when decisions will be made?

When I interviewed mid January we heard back mid February (on Valentine's day, actually, which was a Saturday that year).

Yeah they said mid-February we should hear. One of the students also said they they do phone calls so make sure to answer unsaved numbers!

I got my acceptance call on February 9th last year.

On the note of interview day extra activities - lots of people worked really hard to make those activities happen, so I highly recommend you attend them! They really give you a feel for what the school is about. Purdue really goes above and beyond what is expected for an interview day.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if Purdue has any specific thoughts/rules on sending thank you notes to our interviewers? I guess I'm not really sure where to send them to make sure they get to the right people. I really felt welcomed on interview day despite being awfully sick, and I want to thank my interviewers for putting up with my grossness ;)

Does anyone know if Purdue has any specific thoughts/rules on sending thank you notes to our interviewers? I guess I'm not really sure where to send them to make sure they get to the right people. I really felt welcomed on interview day despite being awfully sick, and I want to thank my interviewers for putting up with my grossness ;)

I'll bet if you send it to student services it'd get on the right path
Purdue Veterinary Medicine Student Services Center
625 Harrison Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907

Hope everyone is enjoying their interview day one this wonderful WARM day in West Lafayette. I will be at the banquet tonight as an ambassador!