Review of RVU-SU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MyGrainAura

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that the inagural class has been through it's first year I was wondering if you had a any feedback on the experience. Especially if you have peers at RVU-CO who can contrast their experience.

One of my concerns is due to the new nature of RVU-SU how board prep will go. I understand that the faculty has been trying to keep things consistent and RVU-CO has excellent board prep. However, it seems the two schools are splitting resources now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Where did you hear that they are splitting resources? Also the inaugural class is only a few months then, they haven't finished yet. Curriculums have to stay the same because they are under the same accreditation as far as I understand, but I could be wrong on some of the technicalities there. It seems like with 90% of the lectures streaming from Colorado and the same board prep material provided to both, I would assume that scores would be similar. It's just going to come down to whether or not the students in southern Utah are as tenacious is the ones in Colorado, because the school obviously is giving the same level of prep I would assume, if it's going to come down to how hard they are working and probably most importantly the effectiveness of the study groups at the two different schools. I would absolutely love to hear some feedback from current students though! I've already paid my deposit to the southern Utah campus, so my opinions are probably a little biased :)

Just to follow up, the curriculum is the same on both campuses and some of the lectures are actually being streamed from Utah back to Colorado. I don't have exact percentages 4 months into the school year, but the goal is for 60:40 split, with 60% of the coursework streamed from Colorado. In practice, faculty from Colorado are routinely coming over and teaching in-person on the Utah campus. We are also offering similar support services in terms of counseling, tutoring, student life, etc. To ensure equity between the students in Colorado and Utah, a recent change has been that the classes are treated as separate cohorts with their test averages being calculated separately and then adjusting the test scores to meet a specific average on each exam. The inaugural class has been awesome as various technical issues of beginning a new campus have been overcome, and we seek for continual improvement as the students identify concerns.