Ross University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! Could someone post a link to the accepted FB page? I cannot seem to find it. Thanks!
They’ll usually make individual class pages once it’s a few months out (not sure what your start date is). Ross University Students is a good page to join for general info

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey ya’ll!! Just wanted to get on here and say I’ve been accepted for Vet prep for the May 2021 start date! I had my interview in November and originally was accepted for the January semester but deferred due to COVID travel restrictions. :)
Congratulations!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview this morning and felt like it went pretty well! For anyone stressing over it I would definitely be prepared to answer questions about your background but don't stress too much. Now let's just hope for good news in 4-6 weeks haha.

Just got my acceptance for Fall 21! I interviewed January 7th for anyone interested in where they are in the process. Waiting on a couple more schools decisions but I will happily go to Ross if I don’t get in stateside.

Reactions: 3 users
So I applied to Ross through VMCAs last cycle (submitted in August), and I heard back around November-ish that my application was incomplete because I didn’t have a LOR from a professor of science (all my LORs came from the 4 veterinarians I have worked with). At the time, I had an interview lined up with my IS school and I wasn’t sure I wanted to go to Ross anyways, but I have since been waitlisted and rejected from the other two schools I applied to (I have a low GPA, about 3.3). Last night, I got two emails saying my application was complete, reviewed, and the admissions coordinator Selena Rodriguez sent me an invite with a link to schedule my interview (March 25th). I applied/was invited for admission in Summer 2021, so maybe I’m just paranoid after being waitlisted, but is this normal for Ross to do interviews/acceptances this close to the start of the semester? PS, let’s say I was accepted, would I be CO 2024 or 2025? I’m still a little confused on how Ross’s semesters work, currently doing some last minute research.

So I applied to Ross through VMCAs last cycle (submitted in August), and I heard back around November-ish that my application was incomplete because I didn’t have a LOR from a professor of science (all my LORs came from the 4 veterinarians I have worked with). At the time, I had an interview lined up with my IS school and I wasn’t sure I wanted to go to Ross anyways, but I have since been waitlisted and rejected from the other two schools I applied to (I have a low GPA, about 3.3). Last night, I got two emails saying my application was complete, reviewed, and the admissions coordinator Selena Rodriguez sent me an invite with a link to schedule my interview (March 25th). I applied/was invited for admission in Summer 2021, so maybe I’m just paranoid after being waitlisted, but is this normal for Ross to do interviews/acceptances this close to the start of the semester? PS, let’s say I was accepted, would I be CO 2024 or 2025? I’m still a little confused on how Ross’s semesters work, currently doing some last minute research.

You would finish/officially graduate in Aug 2024 (but graduation ceremony would be May 2024). I was a May start too. :)

I got accepted into the May 21 class!!!! I got a call early this morning!!!!! I applied Nov. 2, interviewed Feb. 10th, got accepted Feb. 21st!

2 questions!
1) how long from your interview did you wait to hear back?
2) I know they call for acceptances but will they call for denials as well?

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you!!
final gpa- 2.9 or 3.0 cant exactly remember
last 45- 3.1
science- not sure
over 2,000hrs of small animal
a lot of poultry hours (student worker 4 yrs) and i did a internship with Zoetis dealing with poultry as well

how long has everyone waited between interviewing & acceptance? I interviewed on feb 11th and applied for fall start! I know it’s still early but just curious and excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed January 8th and I still am waiting to hear about decisions 🤷🏽‍♀️ This is taking forever!

Reactions: 1 users
I had my interview with Ruth yesterday. For context, I completed an undergrad degree in 2015 with AWFUL grades and am now in a research-based biochem masters program with (not absolutely standout, but) good grades. My GRE score from 2018 was 154 verbal (64%) and 163 (83%). It was actually 85% when I took it but the percentile went down over the years, so sad lol. I also provided an explanation statement through VMCAS outlining my emotional and academic growth as a student.

She GRILLED me on academics. I appreciated that she focused on that, but I wish she had asked me at least one open ended "tell me about yourself" or "what do you like to do for fun" question. I have a lot of eccentric hobbies and achievements and would have loved to show her a little more of my personality outside of academics since I already wrote a whole essay on it. All in all though she was very nice and it was less intimidating than I anticipated. She was kinda hard to read since she gave me a lot of generic encouragements (okay, good, next question!) with some conversational dialogue in between. I'm glad I prepared for the worst and rehearsed the big questions (why a vet, why ross, strengths/weaknesses/what can you bring to the field). I might be one of the first few to apply for Jan 2022 (technically still c/o 2025) so she said I'll be waiting a minimum of 4 weeks. I'm telling myself that she focused on academics and study habits so heavily because they are trying to decide between vet prep and acceptance, and not between vet prep/acceptance and rejection LOL.

My advice to anyone preparing for an interview is to find friends in vetmed or other professional fields (med/dental/phD programs) and pretend you are interviewing with them. I gave my friends a list of questions to choose from and let them run with it. It feels a little silly and it's hard not to break character but it REALLY helped put me in the interview mindset to answer the questions as if they were real. Use Webex or Zoom instead of FaceTime or Facebook Messenger so it feels more real. One of my best friends dressed up in interviewer clothes and a notepad. The first thing she said when we connected was "Hello, before we begin can you confirm your first and last name thank you." :rofl: Take a short walk before your interview and practice your responses to make sure your answers flow. Good luck!!

Last edited:
I interviewed for Ross on December 10, 2020, for Fall of 2021, but I still have yet to hear back on whether I got accepted (to their Vet or Pre-Vet Program) or denied. When I called or emailed them all they would tell me is that my application is in with the committee and that I would hear back "soon". I am trying to be patient, especially since I know they have a bunch of applicants to go through, but it is kind of hard when they keep pushing back the date that I might hear back from them.
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? Is this normal? What is their definition of "soon"?

I interviewed for Ross on December 10, 2020, for Fall of 2021, but I still have yet to hear back on whether I got accepted (to their Vet or Pre-Vet Program) or denied. When I called or emailed them all they would tell me is that my application is in with the committee and that I would hear back "soon". I am trying to be patient, especially since I know they have a bunch of applicants to go through, but it is kind of hard when they keep pushing back the date that I might hear back from them.
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back? Is this normal? What is their definition of "soon"?
I only interviewed for Ross coming up on 2 weeks ago but I interviewed with SGU 11/3/20 and am still waiting to hear back from the despite others hearing so I understand your frustration!

I interviewed February 8th and at the time of the interview she said I would wait 4 weeks for a decision. I am now on my 7th week of waiting.

I interviewed February 8th and at the time of the interview she said I would wait 4 weeks for a decision. I am now on my 7th week of waiting.
Hey! Did you mean January 8th? I interviewed on February 17th so I'm hoping it doesn't take that long. I'm currently taking Physics 2 and Human Anatomy which aren't necessary for Ross. My school has a withdrawal deadline of March 23rd so really hoping to find out before then! Good luck and hope you hear back soon

Hey! Did you mean January 8th? I interviewed on February 17th so I'm hoping it doesn't take that long. I'm currently taking Physics 2 and Human Anatomy which aren't necessary for Ross. My school has a withdrawal deadline of March 23rd so really hoping to find out before then! Good luck and hope you hear back soon
Whoops, yes! January 8th 🤦🏽‍♀️ sorry 😂😂😂

Hey everybody. I have a bit of an odd question but hoping that somebody can help me out. I just had my interview recently and everything went well but if I do get in I would have to take Biochemistry in the Summer. I'm a student at UGA and was going to take BCMB 3100 over the Summer if I do get accepted but now I'm being told that course isn't accepted because it isn't in-depth enough. The only problem with that is the higher level Biochemistry courses require OChem II even though Ross doesn't require OChem II. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or know of any way around this?

Hey everybody. I have a bit of an odd question but hoping that somebody can help me out. I just had my interview recently and everything went well but if I do get in I would have to take Biochemistry in the Summer. I'm a student at UGA and was going to take BCMB 3100 over the Summer if I do get accepted but now I'm being told that course isn't accepted because it isn't in-depth enough. The only problem with that is the higher level Biochemistry courses require OChem II even though Ross doesn't require OChem II. I'm in a bit of a dilemma and just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or know of any way around this?
I would explain your situation to your undergrad advisor and see if you can get in touch with the professor who would be teaching the upper div biochem class. They might be able to offer you an exception especially if you have an acceptance.

I would explain your situation to your undergrad advisor and see if you can get in touch with the professor who would be teaching the upper div biochem class. They might be able to offer you an exception especially if you have an acceptance.
Ugh :mad: UGA doesn't even have the higher level Biochemistry over the Summer. Just annoyed because past UGA students that went to Ross said that course was fine.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to receive your welcome packet in the mail after you have been accepted?

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to receive your welcome packet in the mail after you have been accepted?
I never received anything in the mail and I got accepted like a month ago 😅

I never received anything in the mail and I got accepted like a month ago 😅
When they called to say I was accepted they said I'd be getting another call to discuss my next steps outlined in the welcome packet, but they didn't say when, so I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't received anything. Maybe I'm just being impatient 😅

I didn’t get mine until maybe 2 months before moving down. It was a couple years ago though so not sure if the timeline is different now.

I don't know if there is anyone out there that would be willing to admit it but anyone that was straight up denied by Ross? I haven't heard anything yet so I'm hoping that doesn't happen but pretty much everything on here seems to be people who have either been accepted or placed into the Vet Prep program. Just trying to gauge a few things and maybe see why you weren't accepted, did you get an interview, what was the timeline of your denial, etc. Totally understand if no one wants to come out and say that but if you want to message me separately that'd be awesome too.

I don't know if there is anyone out there that would be willing to admit it but anyone that was straight up denied by Ross? I haven't heard anything yet so I'm hoping that doesn't happen but pretty much everything on here seems to be people who have either been accepted or placed into the Vet Prep program. Just trying to gauge a few things and maybe see why you weren't accepted, did you get an interview, what was the timeline of your denial, etc. Totally understand if no one wants to come out and say that but if you want to message me separately that'd be awesome too.
I was just thinking of this too. Would appreciate the insight as well if they feel comfortable!!!

I am still waiting to hear but only interviewed on feb 11th

Hi everyone! I’m about 90% sure I’ll be attending Ross in the fall. Very exciting! I’m wondering if anyone has taken the next steps of putting a deposit down to commit and how exactly you went about it? I’m always worried because I feel like I haven’t received any official emails containing that info.

Interviewed January 26th, got accepted for fall 2021 yesterday. Does anyone know if we really only have 2 weeks to make a $1000 deposit, before losing our spot?

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed January 26th, got accepted for fall 2021 yesterday. Does anyone know if we really only have 2 weeks to make a $1000 deposit, before losing our spot?
I reached out to my student coordinator and this is the response I got.
265F7906-DF15-4F79-B4FA-8831021B0027.png

That’s exciting! Congrats!

Interviewed January 26th, got accepted for fall 2021 yesterday. Does anyone know if we really only have 2 weeks to make a $1000 deposit, before losing our spot?con
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats?

Much thanks all and for the info as well. As for my stats, bachelor in Biomed with minor in Chem. 3.5 overall GPA with last (I forgot how it's calculated) being 3.1. One year working in the vet field. And a few years of previous alligator research.

Hey everyone! I interviewed in October and was told by my advisor that I needed at least a 300 on the GRE to stand a chance. I finally got the number needed in February and my advisor sent in my application with my video recorded interview. I was wondering who has been accepted into vet prep at Ross because that seems like my best option since my GPA is garbage. Also would like to know a timeline for a decision to happen. Thank you!!!

Did anyone else get a spring offer after their acceptance for fall? I was accepted a couple weeks ago, today they asked me if I’m interested in joining the may class online. I can’t because I’m finishing up school still, but interesting to see that May is online, despite their website having a new student arrival weekend and regular academic calendar listed 🤷🏼‍♀️ Fingers crossed for an in person fall semester

Hey everyone! I interviewed in October and was told by my advisor that I needed at least a 300 on the GRE to stand a chance. I finally got the number needed in February and my advisor sent in my application with my video recorded interview. I was wondering who has been accepted into vet prep at Ross because that seems like my best option since my GPA is garbage. Also would like to know a timeline for a decision to happen. Thank you!!!
Hi! I got accepted into the vet prep program for the fall, I was also offered to start the program in the may but unfortunately I will be finishing up undergrad still so I won't be able to start till the fall anyways. I interviewed late Jan and was accepted into the vet prep program feb 9th. I think I got put into this program because my gpa was not the best and only had a certain amount of experience since I was a student-athlete, that made it really hard to get experience. The program is kinda nice though because it's only one semester and you go straight into the vet program the next semester as long as you pass.

• Love
Hi! I got accepted into the vet prep program for the fall, I was also offered to start the program in the may but unfortunately I will be finishing up undergrad still so I won't be able to start till the fall anyways. I interviewed late Jan and was accepted into the vet prep program feb 9th. I think I got put into this program because my gpa was not the best and only had a certain amount of experience since I was a student-athlete, that made it really hard to get experience. The program is kinda nice though because it's only one semester and you go straight into the vet program the next semester as long as you pass.
Hey! How late in January did you interview? Also, do they not give you specific reasons why vet prep over vet school? Like they didn't say specifically the reason? What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Sorry to be so nosey I'm just getting anxious haha

Hey! How late in January did you interview? Also, do they not give you specific reasons why vet prep over vet school? Like they didn't say specifically the reason? What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Sorry to be so nosey I'm just getting anxious haha
Haha you are fine I completely understand! I just double checked my emails and my interview was on Dec. 9th (big difference) actually my bad haha time is flying! But yes I received my acceptance into the program Feb. 9th. I honestly never asked why I got directly onto the prep program because I actually felt as if doing this program will benefit me in the long run (and I knew my grades weren't the highest). I'm sure if you got placed in that program and asked why they will most likely tell you! I had my interview with John and I still email him with lots of questions to this day. Lots of past vet prep students say they are more prepared for vet school after doing this program so I thought it was a cool opportunity especially since I'd still start the actual vet program the following semester. I also hear so many bad things about ross's block exams and I feel like this program is nice to have so I can get a feel for those exams. My gpa was a 3.2 when I applied and I believe my GRE scores were about a 148 for both sections and my essay was at a 3.5. At that time I had about 6ish months working as a veterinary assistant at a mixed animal practice.

Did anyone else get a spring offer after their acceptance for fall? I was accepted a couple weeks ago, today they asked me if I’m interested in joining the may class online. I can’t because I’m finishing up school still, but interesting to see that May is online, despite their website having a new student arrival weekend and regular academic calendar listed 🤷🏼‍♀️ Fingers crossed for an in person fall semester
I believe they’re planning to bring the May semester/1st down a few weeks down after the beginning of the semester after they get (what will be) second semester on island. We’re basically Covid free here in St. Kitts (only cases have been in quarantine facilities/no community transmission) and thus have very strict entry protocols. It’s just currently not the easiest process to get into the country and you have a mandatory 14 day quarantine in a “quarantine facility” (Ross dorms qualify as that) as well as multiple covid tests. With a limited number of dorm rooms some semesters had to be prioritized over others based on where they were in the curriculum. With nearly all semesters coming back over the course of this semester and 1st and 2nd arriving next semester, I would guess fall 1st semesters will probably be coming to the island at the beginning of the semester. Vaccinations have been rolling out well here so maybe too by that time it will be an easier process to enter the island.

And yep, it’s common for them to other seats in earlier classes if people are interested. I moved up from a fall class to a May class!

While I'm going to go no matter the cost because this is my passion. Is anyone else concerned with the debt attributed to going to Ross? And I'm also just wondering how everyone else is handling/planning for it and what your goals might be after you graduate, for paying it off.

Congratulations! Mind sharing your stats?
thank you!! No I don't mind at all.
I went to Vet Tech school for my Associate's but I actually did terrible academically, almost failed out, and had C's across the board. But.... during my time in Tech school I did not take my Gen courses like Bio, Chem, Physics, Orgo, Stats, etc which are Ross's pre-reqs. I was the first person in my family to pursue a career in Vet med and grew up as a Jehovah's Witness so college was like a total shock to me.

After getting my **** together and graduating Vet tech school with a 2.97, I passed my boards, became a Licensed Veterinary Technician and took a year off to work and get experience before continuing my education. I have over 2,000 hours of animal experience both with a vet and not with a vet.

I transferred to a BS Animal Science program and took my Gen Bios, Chems, Orgo, Physics, Stats, upper science electives like Immunology etc. and I did so much better there. I thrived at the school. Got a 3.42 my first semester, 3.79 second, and a 3.59 my most recent. I currently have a 3.61 overall gpa. I did NOT take the GRE. Lacked research experience, and I had 6 letters of recommendation (the maximum).

Anything else you would like to know, don't hesitate to ask! :)

do you mind sharing your stats? My bf is waiting to hear back, he applied in Sept and has heard nothing yet.