Ross University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anybody else realize that we actually would be the class of 2024 if we start in the Fall of this year.....

Members don't see this ad.

Did anybody else realize that we actually would be the class of 2024 if we start in the Fall of this year.....
Well we have 2 1/2 years on the island then another year doing clinicals in the states. Totals at about 3 1/2 years. Would make us 2025.

Well we have 2 1/2 years on the island then another year doing clinicals in the states. Totals at about 3 1/2 years. Would make us 2025.
It's 10 semesters total... 7 on the island, 3 clinical. 10 semesters from Fall 2021 because we go year long would be Fall 2024. right....?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's 10 semesters total... 7 on the island, 3 clinical. 10 semesters from Fall 2021 because we go year long would be Fall 2024. right....?
You know just saying the time and years in my head had it at 2025 but then saying the semesters has us finishing in fall of 2024. 😅 Well now I'm lost, but I'll be glad if it's sooner. Now no matter when we graduate we will be 2025 in our hearts.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
You know just saying the time and years in my head had it at 2025 but then saying the semesters has us finishing in fall of 2024. 😅 Well now I'm lost, but I'll be glad if it's sooner. Now no matter when we graduate we will be 2025 in our hearts.
I agree!! You are going Fall 2021 as well?

I agree!! You are going Fall 2021 as well?
I think that depending on your start semester, there is usually a small gap between finishing up on the island and starting your clinical rotations since the schedule is different than schools in Europe, Canada, and the US! So that would explain it being 2025

You’ll finish in Dec 2024 but walk in 2025 so will be considered one of the Classes of 2025. :) There’s only one ceremony a year in the summer so for instance I was a May start and finish in Aug/early Sept 2022 but will walk about 3-4 months prior to that. The other classes walking with mine will have finished in Dec 2021 and May 2022.
EDIT: but of course you’ll still be able to practice and all once you’re finished with clinics & have passed the NAVLE—when the graduation ceremony is doesn’t come into play with when you can practice.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I was just notified of my acceptance for Fall '21!!! I am so relieved! Still waiting on one other school, but I am very interested in Ross and will likely end up accepting my offer! I interviewed on 1/11 and was told I'd hear back in 6-8 weeks, so today makes it 8 weeks exactly. I literally had a drafted email ready to send to my interviewer asking for an update tomorrow if I didn't hear anything today :lol: Good luck to all those still waiting! I hope you all hear good news soon!!!

I was just notified of my acceptance for Fall '21!!! I am so relieved! Still waiting on one other school, but I am very interested in Ross and will likely end up accepting my offer! I interviewed on 1/11 and was told I'd hear back in 6-8 weeks, so today makes it 8 weeks exactly. I literally had a drafted email ready to send to my interviewer asking for an update tomorrow if I didn't hear anything today :lol: Good luck to all those still waiting! I hope you all hear good news soon!!!
Nice! Has anyone else tried joining the facebook group? I sent an invite but never heard back. Would be cool to make some connections with fellow students starting this year.

Hi- to those who haven’t heard anything from Ross!!!!
I received a phone call from Ross to discuss if I wanted to start in May vs September, when I hadn’t received my acceptance email! The man on the phone was very surprised that this was my first time hearing about my acceptance and said I should have gotten an email and didn’t. If you are waiting to hear from Ross- email/call them, they may have not sent the email with your acceptance!!!!!

Hi- to those who haven’t heard anything from Ross!!!!
I received a phone call from Ross to discuss if I wanted to start in May vs September, when I hadn’t received my acceptance email! The man on the phone was very surprised that this was my first time hearing about my acceptance and said I should have gotten an email and didn’t. If you are waiting to hear from Ross- email/call them, they may have not sent the email with your acceptance!!!!!
When was your interview?

Hey everyone! I just got accepted into the school of Veterinary Medicine for Fall of 2021! I am so excited! I have heard there is a Facebook group already made for those accepted, could I get a link to it?
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite!

S
Hey everyone! I just got accepted into the school of Veterinary Medicine for Fall of 2021! I am so excited! I have heard there is a Facebook group already made for those accepted, could I get a link to it?
Thank you!co
Thank you!!
Congrats! Mind sharing your stats? When was your interview?

S

Congrats! Mind sharing your stats? When was your interview?
No problem!
My interview was on December 10, 2020 (will not lie, I thought the wait to find out was a little ridiculous)
Since I am currently finishing my undergraduate my overall GPA isn't complete. But, I currently have an overall GPA of 3.25.
I can remember my science GPA but it was around a 3.0 (so not the best)
I had average scores for my GRE.
I have a butt-ton of experience with animals since I grew up around them, volunteered at clinics (and still volunteering), and am currently working at a veterinary diagnostics laboratory.
I am not entirely sure what else you would want to know, but don't hesitate to ask.

Do they offer everyone an interview or is it based off initial file review? Just curious as to where I stand or if I'm still too early to know.

So I started in Fall 2019, and you will be the class of 2025. My final pre-clinical semester will end December of this year so December 2021. However, I likely won't start clinics till January of 2022 because of the holidays going on in December. Some schools may have you start rotations in December but from what I've gathered/ been told the majority will start as within the first couple weeks in January. Therefore I will actually finish my clinicals in January of 2023 making me the class of 2023.

So I started in Fall 2019, and you will be the class of 2025. My final pre-clinical semester will end December of this year so December 2021. However, I likely won't start clinics till January of 2022 because of the holidays going on in December. Some schools may have you start rotations in December but from what I've gathered/ been told the majority will start as within the first couple weeks in January. Therefore I will actually finish my clinicals in January of 2023 making me the class of 2023.
Do you mind shooting me a p/m? Just want to get your insight on some things with ross just to prepare myself.

Happy to announce I got accepted for the vet prep program starting in the fall! They asked if I could do summer but I have to do genetics this summer so sadly that won't happen!
Anyone else doing the vet prep program for the fall?

Reactions: 2 users
Happy to announce I got accepted for the vet prep program starting in the fall! They asked if I could do summer but I have to do genetics this summer so sadly that won't happen!
Congrats! When was your interview? Mind sharing your stats?

Congrats! I got accepted into the vet prep program as well but I recently got accepted into Western university so I will most likely decline my Ross offer. Congrats again!

Congrats! When was your interview? Mind sharing your stats?
Yes of course!
My interview was Dec 23rd
Stats:
Overall: 3.14
Science: It was terrible... 2.98
Hours: I would say at least 600 hrs, I have been volunteering with animal shelters since I was 15 years old and help run a nonprofit dog rescue. I then have been working at a vet office for the past year.
My major is Marine Biology

Congrats! I got accepted into the vet prep program as well but I recently got accepted into Western university so I will most likely decline my Ross offer. Congrats again!
Thank you and congrats to you too!

I got a call on Monday from Ruth telling me I was accepted for Fall 2021 but said I could start in May and they would apply a $10,000 grant towards tuition. I was already accepted to another school that I prefer but I’m still not sure what I’ll be doing yet

• Wow
I got a call on Monday from Ruth telling me I was accepted for Fall 2021 but said I could start in May and they would apply a $10,000 grant towards tuition. I was already accepted to another school that I prefer but I’m still not sure what I’ll be doing yet
What were your stats?

For those of you that got accepted into the Vet prep program was that offered to you before or after your interview? Asking for a friend!

Hi is there a facebook page for Ross Class of 2025 starting in the fall?? If so, can you send me the link so I can join. Thank you!

If there is a FB group/page for CO2025 I would also love to join :) I was accepted for Fall 2021

I interview tomorrow morning. Any advice?

I interview tomorrow morning. Any advice?
I interviewed with Ruth and it was very conversational. The only thing we did was go over literally every single thing on my application. We talked about grades, experience, etc. The only questions that has nothing to do with my application were why did I choose to apply to Ross, what has working in a clinic taught, do I think I’m prepared for their rigorous program and why. But all in all it was very simple and not stressful at all. I’m sure you’ll do great, Good luck!

any negatives about starting in may that anyone is aware of? also how is ross for significant others as far as them moving to the island?

any negatives about starting in may that anyone is aware of? also how is ross for significant others as far as them moving to the island?
Literally probably the only downside would be that you would have to wait to start an internship (if you are interested in doing one) until the year after you graduate since May starts finish in Sept and usually internships begin a little earlier in the summer. I was a May start (moved up from Sept start) and have zero regrets. Our class size is smaller than the fall class (we have about 45 less students), which is kind of nicer when it comes to clinical year placement.

Anyone know what class color fall ‘21 would be?

Has anyone else still not heard anything regarding their application for Fall? I applied in September and haven’t heard anything.. not an interview or a rejection. I sent an email regarding application status several weeks ago- but no response.

Has anyone else still not heard anything regarding their application for Fall? I applied in September and haven’t heard anything.. not an interview or a rejection. I sent an email regarding application status several weeks ago- but no response.

That definitely seems odd. I would get on the chat with someone and make sure that someone reach out to you. Nobody reached out to me for a while and it’s because my application wasn’t updated correctly or something.

That definitely seems odd. I would get on the chat with someone and make sure that someone reach out to you. Nobody reached out to me for a while and it’s because my application wasn’t updated correctly or something.
Thanks! I’ll try again! Was trying to just be patient, but thought it was weird too.

I heard that the fall semester was behind because they're trying to fill the summer class.

I got in!!!!!!! Summer of 2021!!!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi! I actually emailed Ross again in regards to my application for the same reason, the response I got basically said there were a group of application from VMCAS that did not make it through the download Ross did back in the fall for the Fall 2021 applications. They flagged my name and were going to look for my application. I sent a followup email this past Thursday to see if I could get any updates at all and have not gotten a response yet.

Awesome! For the class in May? What were your stats?
Yes! The class starts May 10th! I interviewed on Tuesday the 16th of March and moved my application from the fall class to the summer class that day, due to a recommendation from the admissions team. I was so shocked to get a call so early, on Saturday of all days! I cried for like two hours
My GPA and gre weren't great. I had a 3.13 GPA overall at the end of undergrad, I graduated from Clarkson University. My gre was 148 for both sections and 3.5 for the writing.
I have been published before and have over 5,000 clinical veterinary hours in various different types of medicine, including gp, a wildlife center and a specialty/emergency hospital.
Good luck to all those applying! Hopefully we'll all be classmates soon!
They told me they're working on filling the summer class because they have so many applications for the fall class so if you have the means to start earlier