Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're making me have PTSD flashbacks to botany! I would have liked it a lot more if the professor wasn't the biggest a**hole on campusYes, more like tree egg+uterus! Most fruits are more like eggs, with the seed being the embryo, yolk sac (endosperm), allantois (? Can’t think of anything analogous in plants), and chorion (seed coat), while the rest of the fruit is like the albumin (endocarp/mesocarp) and shell (exocarp). Apples are pomes so they also have tissue from the hypanthium (part of the uterus in the analogy). Although now I’m reconsidering my analogy and wondering if it would work better to consider the plant ovary (which becomes the entire fruit in most fruits) as analogous to the ovary and uterus (and the corolla and calyx [hypanthium] as external genitalia). I wanted to make them analogous to the animal ovule since it would be terrifying if the uterus transformed and dehisced as a baby/egg-covering at birth/laying... but then again the rest of the floral structure dies and falls off anyway so in any case it’s like an animal growing many complete reproductive tracts, getting some fertilized, having the unfertilized ones fall off and die immediately and the rest after birth/laying, then growing many new ones. I love plants. I love modular organisms. They’re gross disgustening things.
2 sperm inside a tube cell, intime, and exime!
Is it any comfort to think that it’s probably not proteins of the sperm you’re allergic to?
Oh, that’s it! I will have no pigeon slander!
![]()
This reads village, unless alley is going for wildly different bold wolfing after last game’s strategy didn’t work out
It’s just a little love tap! Don’t worry, I have no intention to actually yeet you instead of switching my vote to the wolfiest player by the end of the day. Then again, I am also getting slight wolf tingles from this post.
2 sperm inside a tube cell, intime, and exime!
Oh, that’s it! I will have no pigeon slander!

