SDN Reactions and Emojis WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, but I still think your reasoning was affected by not being uninformed majority and being informed minority. It wasn't necessarily where you were being cordial, but the way you assigned villager points was very hard to believe coming from a villager.

Even if genuine, one has to be careful about the appearance of buddying, no matter your affiliation.
The niceness of trying to help the noobs and being upset about certain deaths was completely genuine.

Giving out village points wasn't me trying to be nice, it was me going "I don't think I'm reading people enough to seem genuine, crap" and I did slip up a few times, yes.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yes this seems excessive

it was a great last stand and I finally believed him and would have participated with him if I was still alive...

... well being read village by other villagers is part of being a good player too. He did a great job for being new but it was super easy for the wolves to get him yeeted because almost no one thought he was a villager.

how is this different from mayo feeling protective towards his friend kras?
Because in the case of WZ and AM she's saying sorry, but we made the right move for our team, and they killed AM because she was doing the right things for her team.

See the theme there?

On the other hand, it's very clear now that the criticisms of Kras having less than stellar village play were justified, and defending that did no favors for village.

The issue isn't defending people, but what are you defending exactly? And I don't mean what as in are they wolf or villager, we can all misread, but are you defending what is good play or someone's right for play that doesn't help village?

Understand now why next game saying things like "D1 reads are garbage" might not be met well. It's an attitude that doesn't help when a game can be swept in 3.

Reactions: 3 users
yes this seems excessive

it was a great last stand and I finally believed him and would have participated with him if I was still alive...

... well being read village by other villagers is part of being a good player too. He did a great job for being new but it was super easy for the wolves to get him yeeted because almost no one thought he was a villager.

how is this different from mayo feeling protective towards his friend kras?
The other difference is that WZ's protectiveness didn't cost her team a win. She supported killing her friend for the team. That's the difference. Got to try to put aside personal feelings a lot in WW in order to do well. I'm bad at this. I often cheer the wolves when I'm misyeeted. Don't give me vig I don't trust myself not to spite kill, most of our village vigs do a great job with self control that way.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Because in the case of WZ and AM she's saying sorry, but we made the right move for our team, and they killed AM because she was doing the right things for her team.

See the theme there?

On the other hand, it's very clear now that the criticisms of Kras having less than stellar village play were justified, and defending that did no favors for village.

The issue isn't defending people, but what are you defending exactly? And I don't mean what as in are they wolf or villager, we can all misread, but are you defending what is good play or someone's right for play that doesn't help village?

Understand now why next game saying things like "D1 reads are garbage" might not be met well. It's an attitude that doesn't help when a game can be swept in 3.

It's a team game. A player can be right and it's useless if they can't convince the rest of "their side" to work with them.

It's a logic game and a social game. Some of us failed at the logic. Others failed just as hard at the social.

Reactions: 2 users
Good job wolf team! I should have stuck with my gut in kras and Dubz but I never would have gotten April or Barks

Damn that was stacked for wolf PRS though holy man. Even if we were on with yeets I still don't know that we would have managed to overcome those multi kills. Very little room for error!
Wolves had too much sure thing power (the only way a kill would fail was if it happened to be blocked, chances of that happening more than once...kinda low) with village having "maybe" power to attempt to balance it - maybe a vig hits a wolf (and not the deathproof one or one being protected) maybe the wolves kill the bomb, maybe the vengeful gets a wolf, etc. Granted our numbers were on the low side but I agree 3x extra kill plus day kill overshot the balance.

So now I have to chase a sweep in a less wolf-sided setup. Guess I can't retire.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Wolves had too much sure thing power (the only way a kill would fail was if it happened to be blocked, chances of that happening more than once...kinda low) with village having "maybe" power to attempt to balance it - maybe a vig hits a wolf (and not the deathproof one or one being protected) maybe the wolves kill the bomb, maybe the vengeful gets a wolf, etc. Granted our numbers were on the low side but I agree 3x extra kill plus day kill overshot the balance.

So now I have to chase a sweep in a less wolf-sided setup. Guess I can't retire.
Yes agree too much fire power but also you guys swept it so definitely credit to the wolf pack for excellent play.

Also, don't retire.

Reactions: 4 users
This how the D1 salt votes begin.

Let the salt flow through you.
But my D1 salt vote is reserved for Mayo :p
Actually this was the first time I read Mayo correctly, so it might be time to retire that salt vote and start a new one. We’ll see

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will have to use it for seasoning tomorrow

• Haha
Maaaan I kept saying I was sus of April. And Kras!

Barks definitely got me though, I sad

At least I can take solace in taking a stand on the right side of the final yeet

• Care
Reactions: 9 users

See the theme there?

Yes! Especially bolded

Reactions: 1 user
I never never felt the urge to pound my head against the wall more than I did trying to get Mayo to vote for Kras.

He was suspicious of Kras the entire game, and said point blank that if Doggo flips village, Kras is a wolf.

Doggo flips village, and instead of voting Kras comes up with this imaginary game mechanic where there’s two wolf packs, with me and Kras in competing packs, and Kras is still a wolf, but decides to vote for me instead because he didn’t like that the “wolves” wanted him to vote for Kras, even though I was the only one.

1612371813770.gif

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I never never felt the urge to pound my head against the wall more than I did trying to get Mayo to vote for Kras.

He was suspicious of Kras the entire game, and said point blank that if Doggo flips village, Kras is a wolf.

Doggo flips wolf, and instead of voting Kras comes up with this imaginary game mechanic where there’s two wolf packs, with me and Kras in competing packs, and Kras is still a wolf, but decides to vote for me instead because he didn’t like that the “wolves” wanted him to vote for Kras, even though I was the only one.

ripperoni in pieces

Doggo flips wolf, and instead of voting Kras comes up with this imaginary game mechanic where there’s two wolf packs, with me and Kras in competing packs, and Kras is still a wolf, but decides to vote for me instead because he didn’t like that the “wolves” wanted him to vote for Kras, even though I was the only one.

You did great. I don't know that there's anything more you could have done, except established yourself a bit earlier on so people would be more likely to listen to you. But that's really hard to do your first game, not sure that I've ever seen anyone do it successfully outside of noob games. Hope you keep playing! I enjoyed sparring with you :D

Doggo flips village, and instead of voting Kras comes up with this imaginary game mechanic where there’s two wolf packs, with me and Kras in competing packs, and Kras is still a wolf, but decides to vote for me instead because he didn’t like that the “wolves” wanted him to vote for Kras, even though I was the only one.

You were my top 2 wolf reads, so I was debating which one of you to go with.

Unfortunately, you were largely arguing with someone who wasn't there most of the day.

Like I said, I hope you play again.

Not sure if I will. I appear to ruin the game for others.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users

Unfortunately, you were largely arguing with someone who wasn't there most of the day.

Not sure how we will ever give you a proper pigeon army role if you stop playing

• Care
Listen, pouty pigeon. You're one of the funniest people on here and I love playing with you. Don't let salt from deadies spoil your fun.

I'll probably be back, but I need to take a break in order to keep it fun.

I'm sure some quality time with the pigeons will help.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users

Sorry. I was just sort pinning all my final hopes on you, and maybe being able to get SAR to join in. It was long shot. Losing your vote was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Care
you gave off a vibe similar to Bob in Bob's Burgers when he gets stuck in a crawl space, then thinks he's found his way out and starts maniacally laughing while only getting himself more stuck.
How my first game started:
F30196A5-32CA-47B9-A212-9BB458812AEE.jpeg

How it ended:
1612386348315.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users