This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djdannyboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok I took my PCAT today and my unofficial score is as follows:
Verbal Ability 376 (12%)
Biology 411 (63%)
Reading Comprehension 390 (32%)
Quantitative Ability 384 (16%)
Chemistry 402 (51%)
Composite 393 (29%)

So i Studied for 2 months using the PCAT strategies, practice, and review 2014-2015 book by Kaplan and i did 1 practice test provided by the book. Even though i'm currently taking science courses at a university that interfered with my studying for a few weeks leading up to the exam, i'm not using it as an excuse, can someone give me advice on how to do significantly better on my next retake? I REALLY need a higher composite score. Thank you

side note: ya'll were able to use a calculator on the quantitative ability section right? Just wondering since for some reason i wasn't.

Members don't see this ad.

No calculators allowed for anyone. You may want to invest in Collins plus the updates. I saw multiple repeated questions. Even those that aren't repeated, you see similar type of chestions. For Chem, Collins will definitely help! I used Kaplan book for bio towards the end of my studying. I also used only Collins for quantitative.

No calculators allowed for anyone. You may want to invest in Collins plus the updates. I saw multiple repeated questions. Even those that aren't repeated, you see similar type of chestions. For Chem, Collins will definitely help! I used Kaplan book for bio towards the end of my studying. I also used only Collins for quantitative.

Dr Collins the book or Dr Collins the study guide? What do you mean by updates? Is there a way to improve my verbal ability and reading comprehension score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr Collins the book or Dr Collins the study guide? What do you mean by updates? Is there a way to improve my verbal ability and reading comprehension score?
dr. collins packets. there is no book. It comes with study guides and practice tests. Every PCAT he puts out a new upcdate. Make sure you get those as well. There are people on the forums that sell these. I didn't study verbal at all and I should have because I did notice some words were repeated on the test.

I'd suggest investing in Dr. Collins too. A month & a half studying it got me an 88% composite
OleSport - did you use anything else besides Dr Collins or thats it?

JrPharm88 - do you know by any chance who'll sell the updates for Dr Collins? Also should i get the 2015-2016 version of the Kaplan book or 2014-2015 version is very similar to it?

turtle0423 - what version was your Kaplan book? like year?

JrPharm88 - do you know by any chance who'll sell the updates for Dr Collins? Also should i get the 2015-2016 version of the Kaplan book or 2014-2015 version is very similar to it?

i got the most recent kaplan. and check all over the board. post in one of the threads and they will be pm'ing you.

Nope, I only used Collins.

I think you will get a much higher score if you do more than 1 practice test.

Dr. Collins packets, Kaplan book, and take all the practice tests in full length that you can get your hands on!