Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lynch SAR for something completely different
giphy.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Coopah I'm in PST I just woke up, and I have to run my vehicle over to the mechanics. Patience.

1. I didn't make up a role name, or the role name of Venom Sting. I would really appreciate it if that person could at least just say this is a bad lynch. Because it is.

2. Last night I was redirected by coins which bribed me, as Wildzoo claimed. I had submitted SSdog as a guess, but instead it made me guess myself which clearly resulted in not finding Venom Sting.

3. Zen confirmed that my death avoidance counted towards lynches. If you don't believe why I took it as a night kill avoidance only I will gladly post our PM convo (I'll probably post it anyway once I'm off mobile). If you still don't believe me after that then I'm not sure what else I can say.

4. I got the same coin that WZ was talking about after she redirected me, and can use it to redirect someone tonight. Dumb of me to say that: yes. Though getting lynched today will still result in me dead just as much as night kill, and I assume the bounty coin being taken out of the game upon my death.

5. There was some presence, not good or evil, with me last night. Not sure what ability was used on me, but if you were a seer I would appreciate you sharing what you saw since it will say the exact same thing I've already told you. Except don't do that because it will be very obvious who you are due to bandwagon city, and villagers should keep their seer. So please enjoy watching someone you know is a villager get lynched. 🙂

6. Since the bounty does actually give something positive, you might as well lynch me while you get the reward for it. Otherwise this is just a distraction from wolf hunting. I could believe Jabba is villager as well as chaos now (and I mean could be wolf too but the others are more likely), but if they chaos please be careful about doing what they want in the future.

7. I'll post my full thoughts/suspicions when I get home so you can analyze it after I'm dead. Along with anything else people want.

8. Any actual questions? I've explained myself, fully role revealed, and will answer anything you want. Just ask. I don't have much hope of convincing anyone that I'm not lying, the combination of bad luck/idiotness on my part is making that hard.

Lastly @alohacat319 i want that sketchy villager award you won last game

I feel slightly swayed...
 
@Coopah I'm in PST I just woke up, and I have to run my vehicle over to the mechanics. Patience.

1. I didn't make up a role name, or the role name of Venom Sting. I would really appreciate it if that person could at least just say this is a bad lynch. Because it is.

2. Last night I was redirected by coins which bribed me, as Wildzoo claimed. I had submitted SSdog as a guess, but instead it made me guess myself which clearly resulted in not finding Venom Sting.

3. Zen confirmed that my death avoidance counted towards lynches. If you don't believe why I took it as a night kill avoidance only I will gladly post our PM convo (I'll probably post it anyway once I'm off mobile). If you still don't believe me after that then I'm not sure what else I can say.

4. I got the same coin that WZ was talking about after she redirected me, and can use it to redirect someone tonight. Dumb of me to say that: yes. Though getting lynched today will still result in me dead just as much as night kill, and I assume the bounty coin being taken out of the game upon my death.

5. There was some presence, not good or evil, with me last night. Not sure what ability was used on me, but if you were a seer I would appreciate you sharing what you saw since it will say the exact same thing I've already told you. Except don't do that because it will be very obvious who you are due to bandwagon city, and villagers should keep their seer. So please enjoy watching someone you know is a villager get lynched. 🙂

6. Since the bounty does actually give something positive, you might as well lynch me while you get the reward for it. Otherwise this is just a distraction from wolf hunting. I could believe Jabba is villager as well as chaos now (and I mean could be wolf too but the others are more likely), but if they chaos please be careful about doing what they want in the future.

7. I'll post my full thoughts/suspicions when I get home so you can analyze it after I'm dead. Along with anything else people want.

8. Any actual questions? I've explained myself, fully role revealed, and will answer anything you want. Just ask. I don't have much hope of convincing anyone that I'm not lying, the combination of bad luck/idiotness on my part is making that hard.

Lastly @alohacat319 i want that sketchy villager award you won last game
Confused by your mentioning of me. I don't remember saying anything about a coin.

Also there's really no reason to think the item will disappear from the game with your death, especially this early in the game. Usually items just get redistributed.
 
Confused by your mentioning of me. I don't remember saying anything about a coin.

Also there's really no reason to think the item will disappear from the game with your death, especially this early in the game. Usually items just get redistributed.
Who was it that said they used the bounty to redirect me? Here is the PM I got from the mods. ETA: Nevermind was Cyndia. You said you didn't bother wasting what you got on me.
Last night someone bribed you with several galactic credits to try and switch your target to yourself. You agreed, then took the money and ran. You submitted your own name, and nothing came of it.

You've been given a refund from Lando's Cloud City mining operation! Credits - Money makes the galaxy go 'round. Use this at night to bribe a player into switching their target to a player of your choice (redirect).

I took that to mean that the credits (sorry, credits not coin. I read money and assumed) transferred to me because WZ (or whoever it was) gave me the credits to bribe me. So now I can use them in turn to bribe someone else. I imagine these would not be redistributed if I die. This is why I said I think Jabba could be a villager after all, if this added in a new "item" that can be passed around indefinitely.

If it was unrelated, well now you know more about mechanics in the game.

@Cyndia I assume this matches what you had?
 
Last edited:
Lynch BBC

Also I was the one who got the bounty yesterday. It gave me some credits to bribe a player to redirect their action onto a player of my choice. I didn't want to risk screwing anything up and I didn't trust BBC, so I just used it on her against herself even though I figured she wouldn't be doing much.
 
And yet, you continued it.

Look. You called me out with an exaggerated interpretation of my comments. You shouldn't get all angry when I reply to your exaggeration.
I'm not, nor was I angry. I was just explaining myself.

Also, I think Cyndia used her coin on me, but maybe I'm wrong on who did it, but somebody did. I actually asked if there was some Galactic store I could use the money, but was told no, that I should invest it in an emperor retirement plan.
 
I'm not, nor was I angry. I was just explaining myself.

Also, I think Cyndia used her coin on me, but maybe I'm wrong on who did it, but somebody did. I actually asked if there was some Galactic store I could use the money, but was told no, that I should invest it in an emperor retirement plan.

Cyndia said she used it on BBC. Perhaps we have two of these items floating around after the Jabba reward? Otherwise something strange is going on
 
Yes, because as a wolf I would be that brash. Give me a break. You know better, which makes your vote sketchier than all get out.

Newsflash: My opinion of people changes as they post things, and as other people post things about them.

All you people getting on my back for my shifting opinion of BBC are trying way too hard. Go look at my wolf play and tell me if this is really it.

Really? Why tf would you be playing like a wolf if you were one? 🤣the more I read all of your comments trying to make other people look sketchy, the more sketchy you look. JS. If dy hadn't vouched for you I'd be voting for you again today.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really? Why tf would you be playing like a wolf if you were one? 🤣the more I read all of your comments trying to make other people look sketchy, the more sketchy you look. JS. If dy hadn't vouched for you I'd be voting for you again today.
Except the write up says he was attacked last night. Don't think wolves would attack their own.
 
[quote uid=371028 name="LetItSnow" post=18538990]All you people getting on my back for my shifting opinion of BBC are trying way too hard. <b>Go look at my wolf play and tell me if this is really it.</b>[/QUOTE]<br />

I didn't find this sketchy, but I did find it entertaining -- people are already "trying way too hard", so instead, your recommendation for them is to go dig back through countless posts? Lolz [emoji1]



Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
 
@Coopah I'm in PST I just woke up, and I have to run my vehicle over to the mechanics. Patience.

1. I didn't make up a role name, or the role name of Venom Sting. I would really appreciate it if that person could at least just say this is a bad lynch. Because it is.

2. Last night I was redirected by coins which bribed me, as Wildzoo claimed. I had submitted SSdog as a guess, but instead it made me guess myself which clearly resulted in not finding Venom Sting.

3. Zen confirmed that my death avoidance counted towards lynches. If you don't believe why I took it as a night kill avoidance only I will gladly post our PM convo (I'll probably post it anyway once I'm off mobile). If you still don't believe me after that then I'm not sure what else I can say.

4. I got the same coin that WZ was talking about after she redirected me, and can use it to redirect someone tonight. Dumb of me to say that: yes. Though getting lynched today will still result in me dead just as much as night kill, and I assume the bounty coin being taken out of the game upon my death.

5. There was some presence, not good or evil, with me last night. Not sure what ability was used on me, but if you were a seer I would appreciate you sharing what you saw since it will say the exact same thing I've already told you. Except don't do that because it will be very obvious who you are due to bandwagon city, and villagers should keep their seer. So please enjoy watching someone you know is a villager get lynched. 🙂

6. Since the bounty does actually give something positive, you might as well lynch me while you get the reward for it. Otherwise this is just a distraction from wolf hunting. I could believe Jabba is villager as well as chaos now (and I mean could be wolf too but the others are more likely), but if they chaos please be careful about doing what they want in the future.

7. I'll post my full thoughts/suspicions when I get home so you can analyze it after I'm dead. Along with anything else people want.

8. Any actual questions? I've explained myself, fully role revealed, and will answer anything you want. Just ask. I don't have much hope of convincing anyone that I'm not lying, the combination of bad luck/idiotness on my part is making that hard.

Lastly @alohacat319 i want that sketchy villager award you won last game

I figured, I wasn't being impatient, and if that's how you read it, sorry. This is great info so thank you for that. I am totally willing to waffle because as much I think a lynch avoidance is super sketchy you clearly didn't make up that role. I just wonder if after you find your "ship" you'll become chaos? I appreciate you being forthcoming about this! I think it would be beneficial to at least discuss other candidates.
 
Really? Why tf would you be playing like a wolf if you were one? 🤣the more I read all of your comments trying to make other people look sketchy, the more sketchy you look. JS. If dy hadn't vouched for you I'd be voting for you again today.


Even given that I was attacked last night?

You are off your rocker. I am probably the MOST cleared (publically) person in the game right now.
 
Who was it that said they used the bounty to redirect me? Here is the PM I got from the mods. ETA: Nevermind was Cyndia. You said you didn't bother wasting what you got on me.


I took that to mean that the credits (sorry, credits not coin. I read money and assumed) transferred to me because WZ (or whoever it was) gave me the credits to bribe me. So now I can use them in turn to bribe someone else. I imagine these would not be redistributed if I die. This is why I said I think Jabba could be a villager after all, if this added in a new "item" that can be passed around indefinitely.

If it was unrelated, well now you know more about mechanics in the game.

@Cyndia I assume this matches what you had?

Yup that matches what I had - this was the exact description of my item.

You're the lucky recipient of Jabba's bounty payment!

Credits - Money makes the galaxy go 'round. Use this at night to bribe a player into switching their target to a player of your choice (redirect).

You may use it tonight, choose not to use it, or have the Force decide. Either way, it leaves tomorrow.

To be honest, I thought the credits would just disappear after I used them, but I guess it makes sense it just transfers around. Makes me a little nervous to continue following bounties, could really wreak some havoc in the game if there are tons of coins floating around.

Also - did someone mention a scarred man making people redirect actions previously? I thought I remembered seeing that unless I'm imagining it. @Jilary you're sure it was coins that bribed you last night? That definitely wasn't me.
 
Yup that matches what I had - this was the exact description of my item.



To be honest, I thought the credits would just disappear after I used them, but I guess it makes sense it just transfers around. Makes me a little nervous to continue following bounties, could really wreak some havoc in the game if there are tons of coins floating around.

Also - did someone mention a scarred man making people redirect actions previously? I thought I remembered seeing that unless I'm imagining it. @Jilary you're sure it was coins that bribed you last night? That definitely wasn't me.
Yup, I'm sure it was the galactic credits, or else I wouldn't have asked about using them to spend at a galactic store. I unfortunately didn't get to keep the credits like BBC did, so I'm not sure what that is about. But WZ also got the credits after a bounty was out on her, so maybe having a bounty put out on you and you get away (either not lynched or lynch avoidance) then you get the bounty? Just a thought, but so far it's only an n of 2.

The scarred man visited me N1 along with the not good/not evil thing people mentioned today.

Here is the message I got this morning:
Someone bribed you with several galactic credits to try and switch your target to BBC. You agreed, then took the money and ran. Not like you can switch your target when you can't act in the first place. Ain't legal loopholes fun?
 
Yup, I'm sure it was the galactic credits, or else I wouldn't have asked about using them to spend at a galactic store. I unfortunately didn't get to keep the credits like BBC did, so I'm not sure what that is about. But WZ also got the credits after a bounty was out on her, so maybe having a bounty put out on you and you get away (either not lynched or lynch avoidance) then you get the bounty? Just a thought, but so far it's only an n of 2.

The scarred man visited me N1 along with the not good/not evil thing people mentioned today.

Here is the message I got this morning:
I never got any credits???

Y'all are confusing me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I never got any credits???

Y'all are confusing me
Sorry, this post from BBC made it sound like you got credits.

Who was it that said they used the bounty to redirect me? Here is the PM I got from the mods. ETA: Nevermind was Cyndia. You said you didn't bother wasting what you got on me.


I took that to mean that the credits (sorry, credits not coin. I read money and assumed) transferred to me because WZ (or whoever it was) gave me the credits to bribe me. So now I can use them in turn to bribe someone else. I imagine these would not be redistributed if I die. This is why I said I think Jabba could be a villager after all, if this added in a new "item" that can be passed around indefinitely.

If it was unrelated, well now you know more about mechanics in the game.

@Cyndia I assume this matches what you had?
 
Unlynch BBC

I still don't know about this ship thing, but her reasoning is thorough and detailed and matches other people's.
 
Who was it that said they used the bounty to redirect me? Here is the PM I got from the mods. ETA: Nevermind was Cyndia. You said you didn't bother wasting what you got on me.


I took that to mean that the credits (sorry, credits not coin. I read money and assumed) transferred to me because WZ (or whoever it was) gave me the credits to bribe me. So now I can use them in turn to bribe someone else. I imagine these would not be redistributed if I die. This is why I said I think Jabba could be a villager after all, if this added in a new "item" that can be passed around indefinitely.

If it was unrelated, well now you know more about mechanics in the game.

@Cyndia I assume this matches what you had?
I am pretty sure that Jabba's bounty credits are different than the credits given to BBC. Two different items, same use/description.
(Because one was from Jabba, the other came as a rebate from Lando.)

The credits coming from Lando to me seems like a wolf sent BBC credits. Lando was definitely a rebel (in fact, he was a general in the Rebel Alliance) and he helped destroy Death Star II. Also, he has a blaster pistol and potentially was the one who's done the night kills.
 
Current Lynch Tally
  • BBC 16 (ally, dy, WZ, cyndia, genny, nessy, guis, karabiner, mmdream, cdoconn, gwen, coopah, SAR, LIS, vmh, Jilary)
  • SAR 1 (nyanko)
  • Not voting 11 (hmoo, kcough, BBC, ski, pippy, PBC, LotF, FB, Teep, caia, snowshoe)
Deadline 10pmET
 
I don't buy BBC's role name. Seems like an odd choice for a character considering the set of names that we already know.

###lynch BBC###

Just interested in why you don't buy her role. To me it sounds sketchy which isn't the best if she were to make up a name.
 
I dunno. I'm wavering.

BBC's post initially to me swung me toward thinking town, but the more I read it, the more it's IIoA. And all of the subsequent posts have been IIoA as well.

Not going to change my post unless BBC posts a pretty coherent list of who she (he? did I just sex-change someone again?) thinks is town, who she thinks is wolf, and why.
 
I dunno. I'm wavering.

BBC's post initially to me swung me toward thinking town, but the more I read it, the more it's IIoA. And all of the subsequent posts have been IIoA as well.

Not going to change my post unless BBC posts a pretty coherent list of who she (he? did I just sex-change someone again?) thinks is town, who she thinks is wolf, and why.

What is IIoA? I don't believe I've seen that before.
 
I dunno. I'm wavering.

BBC's post initially to me swung me toward thinking town, but the more I read it, the more it's IIoA. And all of the subsequent posts have been IIoA as well.

Not going to change my post unless BBC posts a pretty coherent list of who she (he? did I just sex-change someone again?) thinks is town, who she thinks is wolf, and why.
Just interested in why you don't buy her role. To me it sounds sketchy which isn't the best if she were to make up a name.
Part of my problem with her role is that as far as I know, it only appears in the comics and every other role we've seen have made some kind of appearance in at least one movie.
 
The credits coming from Lando to me seems like a wolf sent BBC credits. Lando was definitely a rebel (in fact, he was a general in the Rebel Alliance) and he helped destroy Death Star II. Also, he has a blaster pistol and potentially was the one who's done the night kills.
Why do you think the credits are part of a role instead of an item? Sounds more like an item to me

Part of my problem with her role is that as far as I know, it only appears in the comics and every other role we've seen have made some kind of appearance in at least one movie.
I didn't recognize the name so I looked up the bounty hunters Vader had hired and this wasn't one. Good to know where this character comes from and I think I'll stick with my vote for now because of it
 
Any thoughts on your lynch voting Caia? You just seem to post without any additional commentary/theories/information/anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@LetItSnow sure, here's what I got (yes I'm she, but I'll respond to whatever pronoun). If I think of anything else I'll post it, but I need to get off SDN and write a paper. Unless someone backs me up I don't expect the lynch to move, so I'm not wasting my day and hurting my marks. I'll check in to see if anyone has any questions for me, about my suspicions or role or other, but I'm not making this same argument a million times if I will end up in the exact same spot. For saying I haven't analyzed anything, go look back in my post history and you will see the whole paragraph I submitted a few nights ago when I wasn't at work all day.

I said I thought Cdo was a bad lynch. I voted for her in self defense, but made it clear I didn't like it. It would have made far more sense for me to jump on her early in the day when the votes were more even if all I cared about was staying alive. Alas, I wanted to actually play to my suspicions. I'm not putting on here exactly what she said, but the questions she had for me were not ones I would have expected from a wolf, noob or not.

LIS is as close to cleared as you can get, since he has a vouch from Dy, was attacked, and possibly seered (if that is what the presence was). Anyone who votes for him at this point would be either crazy or sketchy as hell. Possibly both. That makes me fairly suspicious of Hmoo, particularly since her determination to lynch him began several days ago. I will be looking into the other people who pushed for LIS in the first few days as well.

To continue on with Hmoo, she has contributed 0 strategy thoughts to the thread, has posted very little in general, which is odd because I remember her usually posting stuff of some substance. The highest level of reasoning she has given for any vote was for "weird comment" (regarding Ceke), feels, and "I like Ally's reasoning better than my feels" (for Kcough). The only vote that she actually led was LIS, and the logic for that was questionable at best, and not what I would have expected from a player that has played with LIS several times.

I'm a little suspicious of all those who jumped on LIS immediately (trying to find the tally from before everyone jumped off), since to me you were playing very similar to how you always do, and had more of a vouch than other players. Did I 100% trust it until the attack this morning? No. But between a vouch and playing like normal, there were a huge selection of unknowns to choose from.

Kcough's admitted lazy voting rubbed me the wrong way. I do think Ally's point about her jumping on the bounty for both WZ and I think is valid. Especially since everyone was so convinced it was chaos-driven at the time. It was weird, and LIS did the same thing (think it equally weird) but he has been shown to be village. Kcough in my experience does not play as "break the eggs" as LIS, which is what causes me to wonder if she either knows more about teh mechanism than anyone else, or if she was just happy to jump on village lynches with an excuse.

Nessy is starting to make me wonder as well, since she seems to be doing more of asking other people why they chose to lynch rather than coming up with her own thoughts. When she was my noob, she was pretty good at playing independently so that is a little different.

Cdo mentioned her concerns about Genny to me, and I agree that Genny is playing much like she did as a wolf in Immuno. However since I haven't seen her play villager in who knows how long I'm not sure anymore if that is just her play style or a wolf tell. I can't find any posts that directly support that thinking, it is just general feels.



With that, I will

lynch Hmoo


for now since overall I find her the most sketchy. Open to any reasons why I shouldn't. Kcough is probably my second pick.


I'm just frustrated. There are 2 people out there that can validate what I am saying and neither of them are willing to. I get why, at least for the possible seer, but it is stupid that there is proof floating out there and it won't help me. Whatever, hopefully this stuff helps the game regardless of how lynch goes for me tonight.

Here's the Wiki page for my role, for anyone wanting more info. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Xufal_D'uat That article is all I know, so don't bother asking me the specifics of where the character showed up when. I think it has been firmly established that I do not know the material. Since Jil says the character isn't in the movies, I would be curious to find out what other non-movie characters are in the game, and I think that is weird since Zen (to me) made it seem like the game was based around the movies.

Edited to make lynch vote obvious.
 
Last edited:
It didn't have a use-by in BBC's quote. I would think that if it were an item given to her it would say when you have to use it by, but hers seems indefinite.
I just assumed it had to do with the credit being used to redirect me. Though if others only received it/had it acted on them I guess it was just a coincidence.

I'm interested in what you said about the Lando character being the one to give the item. If they are in the game, it may be worth it to keep track of who is getting the credits from him.
 
That makes me fairly suspicious of Hmoo, particularly since her determination to lynch him began several days ago. I will be looking into the other people who pushed for LIS in the first few days as well.


Hmoo did say that she made her second comment about me before reading the write-up, which I buy. I know I've done that before.

With regard to her earlier desire to lynch me .... meh. Everyone is lynchable early game.

Given her explanation, I moved her back to neutral (as in, neither wolf nor town).