Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last night was unusually active. It culminated in what sounded like blaster fire at @LetItSnow's door. However, when people got up the courage to investigate this morning, they found the scorch marks outside LIS's house but LIS himself alive.

Another surprise this morning - @nyanko is up and walking around! Apparently a blaster bolt to the chest is nothing that a Bacta tank can't fix.

No one has died. Welcome back @nyanko! 28 players remain. Deadline 10pmET

Roster
Tatooine

1. @SnowshoeDog143
2. @Coopah
3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
5. @awesomenessity
6. @Caia

Hoth
7. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter

Cloud City
14. @Filly Bay
15. @hazelmoo
16. @cdoconn
17. @WildZoo
18. @BeautifulBritishColumbia

Endor Moon
8. @Teepster87
20. @Karabiner13
21. @mmmdreamerz
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler

Death Star mk 1
25. @vetmedhead
26. @nyanko
27. @genny
28. @PrincessButterCup
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia

Dead
22. Ceke2002 - Owen Lars, villager, no powers
19. raf2769 - Tusken Raider, villager, 1x assassin
 
NOTICE
JABBA the HUTT has posted a bounty on​
@BeautifulBritishColumbia
for today only. If she is lynched, one lucky person responsible for her lynch will be rewarded handsomely by Jabba!
​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last night was unusually active. It culminated in what sounded like blaster fire at @LetItSnow's door. However, when people got up the courage to investigate this morning, they found the scorch marks outside LIS's house but LIS himself alive.

Opinions as to whether this was a night kill avoidance / protector type scenario, not a block? If the attacker was blocked, no shots would have been fired, right?
 
As much as I don't want to feed Jabba, there is no way I believe that BBC story.

**** Lynch BBC *****
 
Lynch BBC

Also I was the one who got the bounty yesterday. It gave me some credits to bribe a player to redirect their action onto a player of my choice. I didn't want to risk screwing anything up and I didn't trust BBC, so I just used it on her against herself even though I figured she wouldn't be doing much.

Cool. So now we know...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Figuring out what to do about BBC will probably have to take priority today, but while I am thinking about it, this comment came off as really strange to me yesterday...
Since a couple of people have brought this up, I'm going to give the following explanation for my weird comment:

1. I'm a noob
2. I'm innately awkward, particularly on the interwebs

So...expect more of these types of strange-sounding remarks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
 
Since a couple of people have brought this up, I'm going to give the following explanation for my weird comment:

1. I'm a noob
2. I'm innately awkward, particularly on the interwebs

So...expect more of these types of strange-sounding remarks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
I completely understand that. But I am also a noob and innately awkward, and I was tied for lynch vote last night because of the way I phrased my responses. So just using "oh I'm a noob" isn't a good enough answer imo.
 
Figuring out what to do about BBC will probably have to take priority today, but while I am thinking about it, this comment came off as really strange to me yesterday...

I agree. I pointed this out yesterday, but I don't think anyone else really said anything about it. Something to come back to for sure.

I find BBCs reveal sketchy because it seems very odd to me that someone would be given a ship as a role. Droids I could see, but a ship seems like a very odd choice to me. However, I also have only seen the movies once a long time ago so I could just be lacking in knowledge of a particularly sentient ship.

lynch BBC
 
I know you can change your mind, but you went from thinking she was a wolf, to village to wolf all in less than 24 hrs with no explanation of what made you change your mind. If she, or someone else posted something that caused a change, I would hope you would point it out so others could see why you felt that way, and maybe even adjust their vote.

You are exaggerating, which is ALWAYS sketchy. You are making it sound like I was rating BBC a hard -10 (wolf) to +10 (village) and back again.

In reality what it was is more like -1 to +1 to "don't care, am willing to roll the dice to learn about Jabba".

Which is entirely consistent with how I played it. Intentionally misconstruing it like you are doing is weird.
 
@BeautifulBritishColumbia if you are a villager, now would be a good time to tell us or at least PM someone with any information you have so if you do get lynched your info won't die with you. If you're not then I guess it's ok to stay quiet.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, looks like a consensus already. I have been mostly following along here. I don't think the trying to learn about the Jabba mechanic is out of character for villager LIS at all at this time.
 
The only thing that I could see saving BBC is if someone is the Venom Sting or knows something about it - that person should be able to at least corroborate BBC's claimed role to some extent. But so far nobody is dissenting.
 
The only thing that I could see saving BBC is if someone is the Venom Sting or knows something about it - that person should be able to at least corroborate BBC's claimed role to some extent. But so far nobody is dissenting.

Still quite a few people left to check in today though. Always willing to waffle if adequate proof is provided or someone else gets more sketchy.
 
Lynch BBC

Also I was the one who got the bounty yesterday. It gave me some credits to bribe a player to redirect their action onto a player of my choice. I didn't want to risk screwing anything up and I didn't trust BBC, so I just used it on her against herself even though I figured she wouldn't be doing much.
Can confirm this happened.

You are exaggerating, which is ALWAYS sketchy. You are making it sound like I was rating BBC a hard -10 (wolf) to +10 (village) and back again.

In reality what it was is more like -1 to +1 to "don't care, am willing to roll the dice to learn about Jabba".

Which is entirely consistent with how I played it. Intentionally misconstruing it like you are doing is weird.
Did you miss the part where I said none of it was out of character for you? I don't feel like I exaggerated, you went from "I could get on BBC lynch" to "BBC is likely village" to "Lynch BBC" in less than 24 hours without explaining why, which if there is something that changed your mind, it's good to share that info. But again, I also said I didn't find this to be out of character for you and I stated that multiple times yesterday and said I didn't agree with lynching you, so I don't really see the need to continue this conversation.
 
@Coopah I'm in PST I just woke up, and I have to run my vehicle over to the mechanics. Patience.

1. I didn't make up a role name, or the role name of Venom Sting. I would really appreciate it if that person could at least just say this is a bad lynch. Because it is.

2. Last night I was redirected by coins which bribed me, as Wildzoo claimed. I had submitted SSdog as a guess, but instead it made me guess myself which clearly resulted in not finding Venom Sting.

3. Zen confirmed that my death avoidance counted towards lynches. If you don't believe why I took it as a night kill avoidance only I will gladly post our PM convo (I'll probably post it anyway once I'm off mobile). If you still don't believe me after that then I'm not sure what else I can say.

4. I got the same coin that WZ was talking about after she redirected me, and can use it to redirect someone tonight. Dumb of me to say that: yes. Though getting lynched today will still result in me dead just as much as night kill, and I assume the bounty coin being taken out of the game upon my death.

5. There was some presence, not good or evil, with me last night. Not sure what ability was used on me, but if you were a seer I would appreciate you sharing what you saw since it will say the exact same thing I've already told you. Except don't do that because it will be very obvious who you are due to bandwagon city, and villagers should keep their seer. So please enjoy watching someone you know is a villager get lynched. 🙂

6. Since the bounty does actually give something positive, you might as well lynch me while you get the reward for it. Otherwise this is just a distraction from wolf hunting. I could believe Jabba is villager as well as chaos now (and I mean could be wolf too but the others are more likely), but if they chaos please be careful about doing what they want in the future.

7. I'll post my full thoughts/suspicions when I get home so you can analyze it after I'm dead. Along with anything else people want.

8. Any actual questions? I've explained myself, fully role revealed, and will answer anything you want. Just ask. I don't have much hope of convincing anyone that I'm not lying, the combination of bad luck/idiotness on my part is making that hard.

Lastly @alohacat319 i want that sketchy villager award you won last game
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Want to explain what you mean here? You were the one that blocked Wildzoo last night?
Yes, that I was the one who had the item last night. Didn't want to waste it on BBC, who had invited investigation (so wasn't going to be doing the wolf kill), and my original plan had been to use it on LIS, but dy cleared him. WZ was basically a shot in the dark. Since the kill attempt was stopped by a protector rather than a block, I conclude from that that WZ wasn't the person who made the attempt.