Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

@LetItSnow sure, here's what I got (yes I'm she, but I'll respond to whatever pronoun). If I think of anything else I'll post it, but I need to get off SDN and write a paper. Unless someone backs me up I don't expect the lynch to move, so I'm not wasting my day and hurting my marks. I'll check in to see if anyone has any questions for me, about my suspicions or role or other, but I'm not making this same argument a million times if I will end up in the exact same spot. For saying I haven't analyzed anything, go look back in my post history and you will see the whole paragraph I submitted a few nights ago when I wasn't at work all day.

I said I thought Cdo was a bad lynch. I voted for her in self defense, but made it clear I didn't like it. It would have made far more sense for me to jump on her early in the day when the votes were more even if all I cared about was staying alive. Alas, I wanted to actually play to my suspicions. I'm not putting on here exactly what she said, but the questions she had for me were not ones I would have expected from a wolf, noob or not.

LIS is as close to cleared as you can get, since he has a vouch from Dy, was attacked, and possibly seered (if that is what the presence was). Anyone who votes for him at this point would be either crazy or sketchy as hell. Possibly both. That makes me fairly suspicious of Hmoo, particularly since her determination to lynch him began several days ago. I will be looking into the other people who pushed for LIS in the first few days as well.

To continue on with Hmoo, she has contributed 0 strategy thoughts to the thread, has posted very little in general, which is odd because I remember her usually posting stuff of some substance. The highest level of reasoning she has given for any vote was for "weird comment" (regarding Ceke), feels, and "I like Ally's reasoning better than my feels" (for Kcough). The only vote that she actually led was LIS, and the logic for that was questionable at best, and not what I would have expected from a player that has played with LIS several times.

I'm a little suspicious of all those who jumped on LIS immediately (trying to find the tally from before everyone jumped off), since to me you were playing very similar to how you always do, and had more of a vouch than other players. Did I 100% trust it until the attack this morning? No. But between a vouch and playing like normal, there were a huge selection of unknowns to choose from.

Kcough's admitted lazy voting rubbed me the wrong way. I do think Ally's point about her jumping on the bounty for both WZ and I think is valid. Especially since everyone was so convinced it was chaos-driven at the time. It was weird, and LIS did the same thing (think it equally weird) but he has been shown to be village. Kcough in my experience does not play as "break the eggs" as LIS, which is what causes me to wonder if she either knows more about teh mechanism than anyone else, or if she was just happy to jump on village lynches with an excuse.

Nessy is starting to make me wonder as well, since she seems to be doing more of asking other people why they chose to lynch rather than coming up with her own thoughts. When she was my noob, she was pretty good at playing independently so that is a little different.

Cdo mentioned her concerns about Genny to me, and I agree that Genny is playing much like she did as a wolf in Immuno. However since I haven't seen her play villager in who knows how long I'm not sure anymore if that is just her play style or a wolf tell. I can't find any posts that directly support that thinking, it is just general feels.



With that, I will

lynch Hmoo


for now since overall I find her the most sketchy. Open to any reasons why I shouldn't. Kcough is probably my second pick.


I'm just frustrated. There are 2 people out there that can validate what I am saying and neither of them are willing to. I get why, at least for the possible seer, but it is stupid that there is proof floating out there and it won't help me. Whatever, hopefully this stuff helps the game regardless of how lynch goes for me tonight.

Here's the Wiki page for my role, for anyone wanting more info. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Xufal_D'uat That article is all I know, so don't bother asking me the specifics of where the character showed up when. I think it has been firmly established that I do not know the material. Since Jil says the character isn't in the movies, I would be curious to find out what other non-movie characters are in the game, and I think that is weird since Zen (to me) made it seem like the game was based around the movies.

Edited to make lynch vote obvious.


I don't really get that vibe from Hmoo but I do feel you on Genny. I've never played with her before, so it's possible that she normally has this style, but I don't have anything concrete. For now,

Unlynch BBC
 
***unlynch bbc*** Might be just doing a good snow job, but .... and I still keep vacillating, but... I wanted analysis and got it, do I'm going to play nice and hold my vote for now.

That said, I feel like the lore points people have made are valid game-mechanic analysis, so I'm uneasy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any thoughts on your lynch voting Caia? You just seem to post without any additional commentary/theories/information/anything.

Sure, I can explain my thought process some. I used to be a polly poster and would verbalize all the things all the time but I'd say my style has changed since then (haven't played much in the recent couple of years but was overly active before then).

I unlynched BBC because I felt like that was a lot of verbal diarrhea on a role for a wolf. Usually it's more simple. I have next to no knowledge of Star Wars beyond the very general plot so I'm going on things other than content for my decisions unless someone else brings something content-related up.

I relynched BBC when Jilary said that the character was only in the comics (which I acknowledged in a separate post before voting) and I feel like that tipped the scales back to more likely wolf.
 
@LetItSnow sure, here's what I got (yes I'm she, but I'll respond to whatever pronoun). If I think of anything else I'll post it, but I need to get off SDN and write a paper. Unless someone backs me up I don't expect the lynch to move, so I'm not wasting my day and hurting my marks. I'll check in to see if anyone has any questions for me, about my suspicions or role or other, but I'm not making this same argument a million times if I will end up in the exact same spot. For saying I haven't analyzed anything, go look back in my post history and you will see the whole paragraph I submitted a few nights ago when I wasn't at work all day.

I said I thought Cdo was a bad lynch. I voted for her in self defense, but made it clear I didn't like it. It would have made far more sense for me to jump on her early in the day when the votes were more even if all I cared about was staying alive. Alas, I wanted to actually play to my suspicions. I'm not putting on here exactly what she said, but the questions she had for me were not ones I would have expected from a wolf, noob or not.

LIS is as close to cleared as you can get, since he has a vouch from Dy, was attacked, and possibly seered (if that is what the presence was). Anyone who votes for him at this point would be either crazy or sketchy as hell. Possibly both. That makes me fairly suspicious of Hmoo, particularly since her determination to lynch him began several days ago. I will be looking into the other people who pushed for LIS in the first few days as well.

To continue on with Hmoo, she has contributed 0 strategy thoughts to the thread, has posted very little in general, which is odd because I remember her usually posting stuff of some substance. The highest level of reasoning she has given for any vote was for "weird comment" (regarding Ceke), feels, and "I like Ally's reasoning better than my feels" (for Kcough). The only vote that she actually led was LIS, and the logic for that was questionable at best, and not what I would have expected from a player that has played with LIS several times.

I'm a little suspicious of all those who jumped on LIS immediately (trying to find the tally from before everyone jumped off), since to me you were playing very similar to how you always do, and had more of a vouch than other players. Did I 100% trust it until the attack this morning? No. But between a vouch and playing like normal, there were a huge selection of unknowns to choose from.

Kcough's admitted lazy voting rubbed me the wrong way. I do think Ally's point about her jumping on the bounty for both WZ and I think is valid. Especially since everyone was so convinced it was chaos-driven at the time. It was weird, and LIS did the same thing (think it equally weird) but he has been shown to be village. Kcough in my experience does not play as "break the eggs" as LIS, which is what causes me to wonder if she either knows more about teh mechanism than anyone else, or if she was just happy to jump on village lynches with an excuse.

Nessy is starting to make me wonder as well, since she seems to be doing more of asking other people why they chose to lynch rather than coming up with her own thoughts. When she was my noob, she was pretty good at playing independently so that is a little different.

Cdo mentioned her concerns about Genny to me, and I agree that Genny is playing much like she did as a wolf in Immuno. However since I haven't seen her play villager in who knows how long I'm not sure anymore if that is just her play style or a wolf tell. I can't find any posts that directly support that thinking, it is just general feels.



With that, I will

lynch Hmoo


for now since overall I find her the most sketchy. Open to any reasons why I shouldn't. Kcough is probably my second pick.


I'm just frustrated. There are 2 people out there that can validate what I am saying and neither of them are willing to. I get why, at least for the possible seer, but it is stupid that there is proof floating out there and it won't help me. Whatever, hopefully this stuff helps the game regardless of how lynch goes for me tonight.

Here's the Wiki page for my role, for anyone wanting more info. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Xufal_D'uat That article is all I know, so don't bother asking me the specifics of where the character showed up when. I think it has been firmly established that I do not know the material. Since Jil says the character isn't in the movies, I would be curious to find out what other non-movie characters are in the game, and I think that is weird since Zen (to me) made it seem like the game was based around the movies.

Edited to make lynch vote obvious.

I admire your strategy and reasoning here, but I'm a villager. If I were a wolf, I would be laying low instead/going with the flow of B-lining for someone (LIS) with little evidence besides feels (sorry @LetItSnow 😛). I have an immuno exam tomorrow so I'm not able to read/post as much as I would want, but after 10 AM tomorrow I'll be able to contribute more.

I liked my KC lynch from the other day, so I might go there... I never thought BBC was a good lynch candidate which is why I haven't lynch voted for her yet. I think Jabba's trying to play us.
 
I feel like a comic-based claim would be a safe fake claim since I believe? it was stated to be based on the movies.
Why the eff would I choose a role from the comics when it was stated (and I stated above that I was under the impression) the game was about the movies?!?! That is probably the dumbest thing I could do as a wolf. It would be far safer to just go with a tiny movie character, because it wouldn't stand out as not fitting in. Why would I even mention how I thought that was weird and wanted to check if anyone else had comic roles?! I'd just be digging my grave.
 
Why the eff would I choose a role from the comics when it was stated (and I stated above that I was under the impression) the game was about the movies?!?! That is probably the dumbest thing I could do as a wolf. Why would I even mention how I thought that was weird and wanted to check if anyone else had comic roles?! I'd just be digging my grave.

Well, why would FB pick a pathogenic bacteria last game instead of a competely benign one? I don't tend to analyze it too much.

Here's what Zen said in the sign-ups:
I wanted to use characters from the Original Trilogy, and a lot of the wider story is about the large and powerful Empire trying to find and destroy the smaller but committed Rebels.
 
Just interested in why you don't buy her role. To me it sounds sketchy which isn't the best if she were to make up a name.

Part of my problem with her role is that as far as I know, it only appears in the comics and every other role we've seen have made some kind of appearance in at least one movie.
The same reasoning as above. With the roles stated so far being very movie-centric, it's odd that her role is a smaller role, especially with there being such a wealth of minor SW characters that could be roles. And I don't believe that someone else is a ship, so unless the ship is willing to step forward my vote stays where it is
 
Also regarding BBC, I don't like this role claim. The language doesn't strike me right, the character claimed is bizarre (and, if you're a wolf, a character you can claim with almost certainty that no one else would already have that role), and I feel like they don't fit in with what I know about the rest of the village.

The only thing giving me pause is the claim of having a paired partner, but there has been silence on all fronts for that and it is really strange to me that someone would be a space ship in this game, especially since all roles revealed thus far in write-ups appear to be sentient beings and I cannot recall any instances of a space ship being sentient in Star Wars. So, why would there be a game with roles that are all (roughly speaking) people and one person who is ostensibly a space ship? It doesn't sit right with me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also regarding BBC, I don't like this role claim. The language doesn't strike me right, the character claimed is bizarre (and, if you're a wolf, a character you can claim with almost certainty that no one else would already have that role), and I feel like they don't fit in with what I know about the rest of the village.

The only thing giving me pause is the claim of having a paired partner, but there has been silence on all fronts for that and it is really strange to me that someone would be a space ship in this game, especially since all roles revealed thus far in write-ups appear to be sentient beings and I cannot recall any instances of a space ship being sentient in Star Wars. So, why would there be a game with roles that are all (roughly speaking) people and one person who is ostensibly a space ship? It doesn't sit right with me.
Granted, if anyone has reason to believe there are other roles out there that are inanimate objects I would be willing to listen to those objections.
 
Also regarding BBC, I don't like this role claim. The language doesn't strike me right, the character claimed is bizarre (and, if you're a wolf, a character you can claim with almost certainty that no one else would already have that role), and I feel like they don't fit in with what I know about the rest of the village.

The only thing giving me pause is the claim of having a paired partner, but there has been silence on all fronts for that and it is really strange to me that someone would be a space ship in this game, especially since all roles revealed thus far in write-ups appear to be sentient beings and I cannot recall any instances of a space ship being sentient in Star Wars. So, why would there be a game with roles that are all (roughly speaking) people and one person who is ostensibly a space ship? It doesn't sit right with me.

There was a spaceship of some sort in the rick and morty game that was paired with a morty. Could be mods borrowed a similar idea for this game or BBC used the idea for her role claim
 
Well, why would FB pick a pathogenic bacteria last game instead of a competely benign one? I don't tend to analyze it too much.

Here's what Zen said in the sign-ups:
Well, hers actually worked out for her, congrats to her on making up a good role. And a pathogenic bacteria that was part of the body and wasn't completely in the stratosphere mechanic-wise.

We are talking about me making up a role that wasn't even in what the game is about. The original trilogy are movies, am I correct?. That doesn't make sense in any dimension what so ever, and I have stated how I thought it was odd. I would hope if I did come up with this that another wolf would have vetoed it by now, since I definitely would have checked in before posting anything on thread.

We are also talking about me claiming a partnered role KNOWING that no one would be able to help me. That just sets myself up to get lynched when no one is around to bail me out.

Ack. I swear, I am not lying here. If you all think I am I might as well lynch myself and see if that is enough for Zen to close early and let us all move on with our lives.
 
There was a spaceship of some sort in the rick and morty game that was paired with a morty. Could be mods borrowed a similar idea for this game or BBC used the idea for her role claim
Yeah, I was think about that mechanic in the R&M game. I would argue though that Rick's spaceship was way more important to the series than this spaceship is to SW. If it was Han looking for the Millennium Falcon (and this wasn't a game where Han would clearly be a wolf) I would be more willing to believe it, but why do a mechanic like that for something so esoteric?
 
There was a spaceship of some sort in the rick and morty game that was paired with a morty. Could be mods borrowed a similar idea for this game or BBC used the idea for her role claim

I am bugged about that. If I were the supposed other half of the pair, I would have risked getting that info out through an intermediary. The risk is worth it if it really saves a villager.

Sigh. I am all over the map on the BBC vote.
 
I think the general consensus was somewhere between Rogue One and Episode IV, though it may be a bit later in the timeline (so into the original series).

So, when Lando was still a dick who was not working with the Rebels?

I don't even think Lando shows up until episode V, so I would say yes. (people with more Star Wars knowledge than me feel free to correct here)

Yes this would be true if thats the correct timline. I don't know if I would classify Lando as empire though.
 
I don't even think Lando shows up until episode V, so I would say yes. (people with more Star Wars knowledge than me feel free to correct here)

I'm just trying to narrow it down because of ... someone's ... earlier comment that Lando would be a wolf because he (later) became a rebel general, etc.

Seems like bad logic, then, based on where we're at on the timeline.
 
Yes this would be true if thats the correct timline. I don't know if I would classify Lando as empire though.
Lando is very much chaotic neutral until the end of Empire when Vader double crosses him. He wants the Empire to stay out of his business but isn't exactly a Rebel supporter either (again, until Vader crosses him).
 
But it wouldn't put him in the small core group of rebels that the mod envisioned for this game.

Yeah I agree. I guess considering the others who were villagers, he could be. Especially if credits are his ability. Or chaos (though I'm not sure if he's a strong enough role for a chaos). Good convert? But don't the wolves usually decide who to convert? so probably not..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also regarding BBC, I don't like this role claim. The language doesn't strike me right, the character claimed is bizarre (and, if you're a wolf, a character you can claim with almost certainty that no one else would already have that role), and I feel like they don't fit in with what I know about the rest of the village.

The only thing giving me pause is the claim of having a paired partner, but there has been silence on all fronts for that and it is really strange to me that someone would be a space ship in this game, especially since all roles revealed thus far in write-ups appear to be sentient beings and I cannot recall any instances of a space ship being sentient in Star Wars. So, why would there be a game with roles that are all (roughly speaking) people and one person who is ostensibly a space ship? It doesn't sit right with me.
If I was going to make up a role, what the smartest thing to do would have been to choose a unnamed member of some animal species. That way even if there was another one, I could still salvage the role claim since having several would make sense.
(wolves you're welcome for the free advice here, I don't recommend taking it)

Seriously, what do you guys want?!
 
So, when Lando was still a dick who was not working with the Rebels?
In SW Rebels, Lando is a smuggler with ties to the forming Rebel faction at the time, but he didn't throw his lot in with the Rebels until Empire Strikes Back.

Yes this would be true if thats the correct timline. I don't know if I would classify Lando as empire though.
"Empire" classification doesn't matter much in this game. Owen Lars was not Empire, but he was a villager because he wasn't Rebel.
 
Yeah I agree. I guess considering the others who were villagers, he could be. Especially if credits are his ability. Or chaos (though I'm not sure if he's a strong enough role for a chaos). Good convert? But don't the wolves usually decide who to convert? so probably not..
Could just as easily be an auto-convert, depending on how closely this game will follow story mechanics (I'm thinking of STL's HIMYM game when saying this)
 
You didn't role reveal in until late last night way after lynch closed. I'd have more belief if you had done it during the lynch. :shrug:
I was going to reveal, and then you will notice I was conveniently absent the last 10 minutes of lynch because I was at work, on my phone, responsible for helping any person that came in the door. Surprise surprise it got busy, since 7pm is when it starts to pick back up after the dinner lull.
I've worked every Sunday night for every WW game I have ever played, and am always unreliable when I show up then. Go back and read other games if you don't believe me. I was also bad at closing lynches in Immuno on Sundays for the exact same reasons.
 
If I was going to make up a role, what the smartest thing to do would have been to choose a unnamed member of some animal species. That way even if there was another one, I could still salvage the role claim since having several would make sense.
(wolves you're welcome for the free advice here, I don't recommend taking it)

Seriously, what do you guys want?!
But we were also just discussing the advantages of claiming a crappy role as a wolf, because a bad role claim can serve as an inoculation against suspicion in this game since a wolf would be expected to claim something inconspicuous.

It's very much a WIFOM moment and at this point I would rather lynch you to find out the truth than leave a sketchy unknown out there who sets off a lot of alarm bells for me.
 
I don't know if I would classify Lando as empire though

I am going off memory, but Lando was running a free community, right? Basically free from Empire influence was the claim, and traders could come and trade without paying taxes. But in reality, he was working for the Empire behind the scenes, which is why it was so successful. And it is only with his betrayal of an old friend, Han, that Lando decides to really fight the Empire, rather than as a cover. (And even then, I thought the Empire put a bounty on him, forcing his hand)

That is all from memory, but I would expect Lando to at least start as village in this case.
 
Well, why would FB pick a pathogenic bacteria last game instead of a competely benign one? I don't tend to analyze it too much.

Here's what Zen said in the sign-ups:

The same reasoning as above. With the roles stated so far being very movie-centric, it's odd that her role is a smaller role, especially with there being such a wealth of minor SW characters that could be roles. And I don't believe that someone else is a ship, so unless the ship is willing to step forward my vote stays where it is

Also regarding BBC, I don't like this role claim. The language doesn't strike me right, the character claimed is bizarre (and, if you're a wolf, a character you can claim with almost certainty that no one else would already have that role), and I feel like they don't fit in with what I know about the rest of the village.

The only thing giving me pause is the claim of having a paired partner, but there has been silence on all fronts for that and it is really strange to me that someone would be a space ship in this game, especially since all roles revealed thus far in write-ups appear to be sentient beings and I cannot recall any instances of a space ship being sentient in Star Wars. So, why would there be a game with roles that are all (roughly speaking) people and one person who is ostensibly a space ship? It doesn't sit right with me.

Yeah, I was think about that mechanic in the R&M game. I would argue though that Rick's spaceship was way more important to the series than this spaceship is to SW. If it was Han looking for the Millennium Falcon (and this wasn't a game where Han would clearly be a wolf) I would be more willing to believe it, but why do a mechanic like that for something so esoteric?

Okay you guys have gone back to convincing me.

lynch BBC
 
Yeah I agree. I guess considering the others who were villagers, he could be. Especially if credits are his ability. Or chaos (though I'm not sure if he's a strong enough role for a chaos). Good convert? But don't the wolves usually decide who to convert? so probably not..

It is more typical for wolves to pick converts, but there are games with autoconverts.
 
I'm just trying to narrow it down because of ... someone's ... earlier comment that Lando would be a wolf because he (later) became a rebel general, etc.

Seems like bad logic, then, based on where we're at on the timeline.
That was me that suggested he could be one. I am pretty limited on my Star Wars knowledge so when I saw credits given as a refund from Lando, I googled him and read up on him some. The Star Wars website said that he has a blaster pistol and is part of the Rebel Alliance. I didn't really know when he first made an appearance in the movies, but if he isn't in them until V, then I don't know. If we still have Death Star I, we can't be that far then.
 
But we were also just discussing the advantages of claiming a crappy role as a wolf, because a bad role claim can serve as an inoculation against suspicion in this game since a wolf would be expected to claim something inconspicuous.

It's very much a WIFOM moment and at this point I would rather lynch you to find out the truth than leave a sketchy unknown out there who sets off a lot of alarm bells for me.

Truth. And I did vow to never again get suckered by some shady bs claim like people did with the Boba Fett move in the first Star Wars game.
 
It is more typical for wolves to pick converts, but there are games with autoconverts.
There have also been people who converted themselves, eh @PrincessButterCup? 😉

But yeah, usually autoconverts I've seen had story-specific reasons for doing so (like a dragon dying for specific characters in the DRoP game). If I had to guess at an autoconvert in this game I would actually guess Vader, based on ROTJ.
 
Thats what I figured. This doesn't really seem like a game theme for autoconversions so I'm thinking more along the lines of LOtF opinion on Lando just being village or vmh's chaos theory.
Just to clarify, I wasn't proposing he was chaos. Chaotic neutral is a character alignment in dungeons & dragons where the characters care more about themselves than anything else. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There have also been people who converted themselves, eh @PrincessButterCup? 😉

But yeah, usually autoconverts I've seen had story-specific reasons for doing so (like a dragon dying for specific characters in the DRoP game). If I had to guess at an autoconvert in this game I would actually guess Vader, based on ROTJ.
Vader would convert to a rebel?
 
Enough people have spit my own thoughts back at me that I can't really justify holding back any longer.

Lynch BBC

And I will be around if anybody who can back BBC, even through an intermediary, wants to come forward.

Her plea reads village to me, but there is just so much weirdness with the role claim... I would love someone to give me a reason to look elsewhere.
 
Vader would convert to a rebel?

I don't know the series but this wouldn't make sense to me.
At the end of Return of the Jedi Vader does a heel face turn and kills the Emperor instead of Luke, then has a heart to heart with Luke before he dies. It's a pivotal moment in Vader's redemption arc in the story and I would argue gives him potential as an autoconvert, though I'm not really positive that mechanism is even in this game.