-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Star WWars III Game Thread
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have an unfortunate amount of things to get done before 10PM CST tonight so after a brief skim it sounds like people are good being done with the bounty hunter thing, yet everyone is still voting for BBC based on a pseudo-sketchy paired role claim and the lynch avoidance she didn't realize she had. And maybe Lando is around bribing/redirecting people.
May I suggest that if BBC's partner is around and just is afraid to come out, you could just start a chain to one person in your PM group saying something to the effect of "I heard BBC does have a partner - pass it on" and then everyone passes it on to the person above them in the group (and if you're at the top PM the person at the bottom). It might tell the wolves which group you're in but at least you're helping clear your partner. If you just soft-vouched for them on thread I don't think that'll be enough to sway people at this point.
May I suggest that if BBC's partner is around and just is afraid to come out, you could just start a chain to one person in your PM group saying something to the effect of "I heard BBC does have a partner - pass it on" and then everyone passes it on to the person above them in the group (and if you're at the top PM the person at the bottom). It might tell the wolves which group you're in but at least you're helping clear your partner. If you just soft-vouched for them on thread I don't think that'll be enough to sway people at this point.
Yeah I'm sticking with my BBC lynch, I agree wholeheartedly with the points vetmedhead made - ie. that her character is just a bizarre and minor claim and that no paired partner has stepped forward. And like Caia said, she definitely took WAAAY too long to post that after lynch, makes me suspect she didn't have enough knowledge of star wars to come up with a fake role and was waiting on wolves to help her come up with a good backstory.
Also as an aside, someone mentioned being suspicious of genny and I wanted to add that I'm suspicious of her too right now (though not worrying about it until after bbc). She was way too pushy in pm's yesterday with me and was basically probing to see if I was Jabba or chaos, an seemed a little too excited about it. Granted, I haven't asked her many questions back yet, but it rubbed me the wrong way.
Also as an aside, someone mentioned being suspicious of genny and I wanted to add that I'm suspicious of her too right now (though not worrying about it until after bbc). She was way too pushy in pm's yesterday with me and was basically probing to see if I was Jabba or chaos, an seemed a little too excited about it. Granted, I haven't asked her many questions back yet, but it rubbed me the wrong way.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to have to
Lynch BBC
I don't really buy the role reveal. I'm fairly well versed in SW knowledge and had no idea who she claimed was.
I'm not ruling out there being a ship in game, as I was abducted and moved by (via?) a shuttle.
I'm also not quite past cdo either. Yes her claim seems plausible, but it wasn't even spelled correctly which made me unwilling to come off of her yesterday after her reveal. It really brought me back to child's play when trilt claimed the same role as someone else, did a copy/paste of the role and didn't have it bolded. I don't want to get fooled by any casual mistakes like that again.
Lynch BBC
I don't really buy the role reveal. I'm fairly well versed in SW knowledge and had no idea who she claimed was.
I'm not ruling out there being a ship in game, as I was abducted and moved by (via?) a shuttle.
I'm also not quite past cdo either. Yes her claim seems plausible, but it wasn't even spelled correctly which made me unwilling to come off of her yesterday after her reveal. It really brought me back to child's play when trilt claimed the same role as someone else, did a copy/paste of the role and didn't have it bolded. I don't want to get fooled by any casual mistakes like that again.
The more BBC talks, to more convinced I am that this is a good lynch. Yesterday morning she said she'd reveal when she came back if people were still lynching her.
Sorry, I'm not buying any of it. I think the obscure comic character was chosen to ensure no one else would have that role, and it wasn't well thought out. I'm sure at least one other wolf in the pack played the Rick & Morty game and thought of the ship as cover. That doesn't seemed to have panned out well either.
Then she comes back and makes NINE posts, with the first being fairly long, and no mention of revealing. If you had enough time for all of that, you had enough time to reveal.Considering enough of you thought I was Wolfy to tie for lynch lead almost up until close, it is a little entertaining that absolutely nothing was done to me last night. Track me, block me, seer me do whatever you want. Blocking wouldn't help village but it wouldn't prevent any kills because I'm not a wolf.
Though I'm also getting that LIS wants to lynch someone he thinks is a villager just to see what (positive or negative) effects the bounty has, which in my opinion is bad villager play. And if that's the reasoning everyone follows then I hope it works out for you.
Dy, regardless of what I did or said you wouldn't have changed your mind, you decided I was sketchy and nothing I do except dying is going to change that. I've played enough games with you to know that.
Anyway, needed to leave the house 10 minutes ago, I'll reveal when I get back on if this has picked up any more steam. This is a bad choice for village.
I feel quite strongly that this is chaos, or perhaps wolf (thinking wayyyy more likely chaos but I'm sure they aren't too sad about it either way) oriented. My thoughts are: if chaos chose someone that would be an easy target, they want that person to be lynched. That suggests that having that person lynched benefits chaos. Usually something that benefits chaos contributes to their win condition. I think it is dumb that you want to throw someone off the cliff just to see what happens, especially when it does appear like chaos was behind it.
Curious at the reasons why people think Jabba is villager? Didn't see any actual reasons in my skimming.
For those who are voting because you are suspicious: I wasn't paying attention and made a dumb comment. Considering I actually did go and do my reading afterwards, I'm annoyed that I will probably be lynched in the first two days for just trying to start conversation. I've already stated how stupid of a wolf I would have to be to have made that comment in the first place, I promise I'm not that terrible of a player.
I haven't been able to go over thread in detail because I've been working since my post this morning. I am willing to give 3M benefit of the doubt since she said she has never played a game with a mayor before.
For now lynch Coopah
Since I am thinking at least 1 wolf would have jumped on an easy target. Open to waffles, and if I am in the lead later I will simply vote in self defence.
Because I have played more with Dy and although she is wrong, she is playing the same way she always does and I don't have any reason to suspect her yet. You however have been just following along with what she was the first person to suggest, which is what I would expect from a new player wolf.
Sorry, missed something: what about the block is making Coopah get unlynched? Wolves and villagers alike can get blocked, depending on who the blocker is. Wait, just remembered something.
Unlynch Coopah
Dy, if anyone had done anything to me you'd have the info you want. I can't give you that since no one did anything, so I'm giving answers to your suspicions. If i don't get lynched I hope people throw actions at me tonight so you can all just believe me already
Thanks
Ally's thoughts on Kcough are interesting. I could vote there if anyone else jumped on, but I'm holding my vote for self defence ATM.
Lynch kcough. Might as well do it now.
I'll switch to cdo if need be, but I don't feel good about that lynch this early. I would way rather someone else.
Might have been Jil I meant to quote, whoever answered my block question
Ok, I don't like this lynch but I know I'm not a wolf. Unlynch kcough lynch cdo
You never role revealed to me, that's the first I've heard of a character name.
She did express being a vanillagee
Why on earth would you wait until the last 10min to reveal anyway? People were voting to lynch you for two days in a row. It would have been smarter to reveal earlier so people could talk and adjust their votes if they chose.I was going to reveal, and then you will notice I was conveniently absent the last 10 minutes of lynch because I was at work, on my phone, responsible for helping any person that came in the door. Surprise surprise it got busy, since 7pm is when it starts to pick back up after the dinner lull.
I've worked every Sunday night for every WW game I have ever played, and am always unreliable when I show up then. Go back and read other games if you don't believe me. I was also bad at closing lynches in Immuno on Sundays for the exact same reasons.
Sorry, I'm not buying any of it. I think the obscure comic character was chosen to ensure no one else would have that role, and it wasn't well thought out. I'm sure at least one other wolf in the pack played the Rick & Morty game and thought of the ship as cover. That doesn't seemed to have panned out well either.
I know people have already said this, but it makes me suspicious that BBC is claiming a comic character AND that no one seems to be able to corroborate the ship thing. Even if someone could somehow vaguely corroborate that comic characters are even in the game, that would maybe make me think twice about lynching BBC. But otherwise I just think all of this plus the sketchy death avoidance screams non-villager to me. AND I've been that villager with the sketchy death avoidance like, 5 times. But each time I immediately came out with my role and the terms of my avoidance (except the one time I was a neutral player 🙂 )
And like Caia said, she definitely took WAAAY too long to post that after lynch, makes me suspect she didn't have enough knowledge of star wars to come up with a fake role and was waiting on wolves to help her come up with a good backstory.
Still catching up from work, but I just had the same thought - it would take a lot of research to dig up a character like that, and could also be a product of unfamiliarity with the characters. Until said partner materializes, **lynch bbc**
I've been strategizing with Genny in PMs and haven't felt super sketchy vibes from her, but I will also admit that I'm terrible at reading her. She also hadn't been pushy about my role at all in our PMs.Yeah I'm sticking with my BBC lynch, I agree wholeheartedly with the points vetmedhead made - ie. that her character is just a bizarre and minor claim and that no paired partner has stepped forward. And like Caia said, she definitely took WAAAY too long to post that after lynch, makes me suspect she didn't have enough knowledge of star wars to come up with a fake role and was waiting on wolves to help her come up with a good backstory.
Also as an aside, someone mentioned being suspicious of genny and I wanted to add that I'm suspicious of her too right now (though not worrying about it until after bbc). She was way too pushy in pm's yesterday with me and was basically probing to see if I was Jabba or chaos, an seemed a little too excited about it. Granted, I haven't asked her many questions back yet, but it rubbed me the wrong way.
Could you expand on this a little?I'm not ruling out there being a ship in game, as I was abducted and moved by (via?) a shuttle.
I guess abducted is over exaggerating it, but I was moved to Endor by a pilot coming to my door and marching me into an imperial shuttle.Could you expand on this a little?
So there was a PILOT, the ship didn't come of it's own accord.I guess abducted is over exaggerating it, but I was moved to Endor by a pilot coming to my door and marching me into an imperial shuttle.
So I was unsure whether a ship would totally be out of the question for the game. I'm not sure if it was the pilot or shuttle that was more responsible for my movement.
I haven't had time to check yet, but I know someone else did move N1
I haven't had time to check yet, but I know someone else did move N1
So there was a PILOT, the ship didn't come of it's own accord.
This. Ninja'd me while I was typing the same thing haha.
Teep, I realized that I misspelled it. I was concerned that I was going to get lynch, and I did not have a lot of time left, so I wanted to type as fast as I could, and in the process, misspell my role. This is the title of the PM I got from Zensing.I'm also not quite past cdo either. Yes her claim seems plausible, but it wasn't even spelled correctly which made me unwilling to come off of her yesterday after her reveal. It really brought me back to child's play when trilt claimed the same role as someone else, did a copy/paste of the role and didn't have it bolded. I don't want to get fooled by any casual mistakes like that again.
Star WWars III - Gamorrean Guard
I've been strategizing with Genny in PMs and haven't felt super sketchy vibes from her, but I will also admit that I'm terrible at reading her. She also hadn't been pushy about my role at all in our PMs.
I just sent her another pm just basically asking to talk more/see if she had anything to say. Like I said, I didn't ask her much because it was early in the game and I didn't have a reason to probe, so I was just answering her barrage of questions which just seemed a little off to me. So we'll see, I'll reassess how I feel tomorrow after I talk to her a bit more.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That would be me.So I was unsure whether a ship would totally be out of the question for the game. I'm not sure if it was the pilot or shuttle that was more responsible for my movement.
I haven't had time to check yet, but I know someone else did move N1
lol she does tend to do that. Like I said, I'm terrible at reading Genny so her not setting off bells for me right now doesn't really say much about her either way.I just sent her another pm just basically asking to talk more/see if she had anything to say. Like I said, I didn't ask her much because it was early in the game and I didn't have a reason to probe, so I was just answering her barrage of questions which just seemed a little off to me. So we'll see, I'll reassess how I feel tomorrow after I talk to her a bit more.
? People got suspicious of me for not immediately knowing Leia/Luke/etc were part of the rebels but you haven't heard of the most famous movie scenes in the last 50 years? Let me please add this to my list of game thoughts I posted earlier.I don't know the series but this wouldn't make sense to me.
I agree with this, but only if your role isn't super important. As much as I don't want to be lynched, isolating an important role to one group is dumb villager play.I have an unfortunate amount of things to get done before 10PM CST tonight so after a brief skim it sounds like people are good being done with the bounty hunter thing, yet everyone is still voting for BBC based on a pseudo-sketchy paired role claim and the lynch avoidance she didn't realize she had. And maybe Lando is around bribing/redirecting people.
May I suggest that if BBC's partner is around and just is afraid to come out, you could just start a chain to one person in your PM group saying something to the effect of "I heard BBC does have a partner - pass it on" and then everyone passes it on to the person above them in the group (and if you're at the top PM the person at the bottom). It might tell the wolves which group you're in but at least you're helping clear your partner. If you just soft-vouched for them on thread I don't think that'll be enough to sway people at this point.
Yes, I took a while to post after lynch, because I was AT WORK. I was on my phone way more than acceptable up until lynch closed, then set it down and actually did my job. When I got off at 10:30pm PST, I left and got home, then messaged Zen about the results and posted on thread. Again, look at literally any other WW game I have played and you will see almost all my major posts are between 11:00pm and 11:30pm PST, sometimes later. If you don't believe then go look yourself and see. There has been nothing different between my place style this game and my play style in other games. If there is please tell me so that I can address it.Yeah I'm sticking with my BBC lynch, I agree wholeheartedly with the points vetmedhead made - ie. that her character is just a bizarre and minor claim and that no paired partner has stepped forward. And like Caia said, she definitely took WAAAY too long to post that after lynch, makes me suspect she didn't have enough knowledge of star wars to come up with a fake role and was waiting on wolves to help her come up with a good backstory.
That says more about you than me; I've already stated that I don't know the source material. Though if someone who knows the series doesn't know the character I'm curious how on Earth I was supposed to come up with it for a role considering the lack of them being mentioned anywhere else.I'm going to have to
Lynch BBC
I don't really buy the role reveal. I'm fairly well versed in SW knowledge and had no idea who she claimed was.
I'm not ruling out there being a ship in game, as I was abducted and moved by (via?) a shuttle.
I'm also not quite past cdo either. Yes her claim seems plausible, but it wasn't even spelled correctly which made me unwilling to come off of her yesterday after her reveal. It really brought me back to child's play when trilt claimed the same role as someone else, did a copy/paste of the role and didn't have it bolded. I don't want to get fooled by any casual mistakes like that again.
Yup, I said I would and I intended to. Did I wait for a while? Again, yup, because I didn't want to reveal unless I absolutely had to (I always wait until dire measures to reveal, nothing new there. Again, just go look at other games I've played in. I feel like Summons might be a good example, iirc). When I went to go do so real life happened and I missed it because again, work. Since I couldn't reveal until results were posted anyway I just set down my phone until I got home. See post above about how I then posted everything at a time completely on par and similar to every other game I have played.The more BBC talks, to more convinced I am that this is a good lynch. Yesterday morning she said she'd reveal when she came back if people were still lynching her.
Then she comes back and makes NINE posts, with the first being fairly long, and no mention of revealing. If you had enough time for all of that, you had enough time to reveal.
Why on earth would you wait until the last 10min to reveal anyway? People were voting to lynch you for two days in a row. It would have been smarter to reveal earlier so people could talk and adjust their votes if they chose.
Sorry, I'm not buying any of it. I think the obscure comic character was chosen to ensure no one else would have that role, and it wasn't well thought out. I'm sure at least one other wolf in the pack played the Rick & Morty game and thought of the ship as cover. That doesn't seemed to have panned out well either.
I'm going to go grab my PM convo with Zen that I mentioned earlier and put it up here. I'm grasping for straws here, you guys are wrong.
At least all the info will be out here for you guys to use from now on.
Also wondering if perhaps that seer was wolfy. I'm assuming what happened last night was seering, not sure what other ability would fit. Though the presence was neither evil nor good (or whatever the wording was). Regardless, it could explain why LIS was attacked last night if they saw something of interest when they seered him. Also could be another reason why they didn't come support me, if it wasn't someone who was just scared to reveal their ability to the wolves.
At least all the info will be out here for you guys to use from now on.

Also wondering if perhaps that seer was wolfy. I'm assuming what happened last night was seering, not sure what other ability would fit. Though the presence was neither evil nor good (or whatever the wording was). Regardless, it could explain why LIS was attacked last night if they saw something of interest when they seered him. Also could be another reason why they didn't come support me, if it wasn't someone who was just scared to reveal their ability to the wolves.
? People got suspicious of me for not immediately knowing Leia/Luke/etc were part of the rebels but you haven't heard of the most famous movie scenes in the last 50 years? Let me please add this to my list of game thoughts I posted earlier.
I agree with this, but only if your role isn't super important. As much as I don't want to be lynched, isolating an important role to one group is dumb villager play.
Yes, I took a while to post after lynch, because I was AT WORK. I was on my phone way more than acceptable up until lynch closed, then set it down and actually did my job. When I got off at 10:30pm PST, I left and got home, then messaged Zen about the results and posted on thread. Again, look at literally any other WW game I have played and you will see almost all my major posts are between 11:00pm and 11:30pm PST, sometimes later. If you don't believe then go look yourself and see. There has been nothing different between my place style this game and my play style in other games. If there is please tell me so that I can address it.
That says more about you than me; I've already stated that I don't know the source material. Though if someone who knows the series doesn't know the character I'm curious how on Earth I was supposed to come up with it for a role considering the lack of them being mentioned anywhere else.
Yup, I said I would and I intended to. Did I wait for a while? Again, yup, because I didn't want to reveal unless I absolutely had to (I always wait until dire measures to reveal, nothing new there. Again, just go look at other games I've played in. I feel like Summons might be a good example, iirc). When I went to go do so real life happened and I missed it because again, work. Since I couldn't reveal until results were posted anyway I just set down my phone until I got home. See post above about how I then posted everything at a time completely on par and similar to every other game I have played.
I hadn't caught up yet, but she tagged me in that post so I responded before I had a chance to read everything.
I know there's a 'you killed my father' 'i am your father' scene, but I don't know anything about who kills whom or what happens.
By kill avoidance you mean night kill right? Or does it apply to lynches too 🙂
If you are attacked by anyone you will survive.
Please explain to me how I was supposed to assume this meant lynch.
Please explain to me how I was supposed to assume this meant lynch.
Can you copy and paste your full role description? I know you described what you could do, but I don't remember you posting it verbatim, and I'm just curious to see exactly how Zensing worded the entire thing.
Well when I was told in my emperor pm that Ny would protect me from any kill attempt. I took it to mean lynch too. So, yeah, I'm not actually sure why you didn't think that's what it meant.Please explain to me how I was supposed to assume this meant lynch.
Please explain to me how I was supposed to assume this meant lynch.
Of course, even if this is true, it doesn't really mean much with regards to being townie vs scum.
Anyway, few more things and then I have to go into my zoology lab. I will not be around until after lynch, unless I conveniently take a washroom break at lynch close.
1. Please look into who jumped on my bandwagon in the last few days, I would highly suspect a wolf is in there somewhere because I was far too easy of a target to pass up.
2. Was LIS protected or did he have a kill ability, do we know? Because if it was kill avoidance that means we have multiple of that in the game, and I would be curious what that means in terms of # of wolves, or possible strong man roles (someone mentioned sometime earlier in the thread a role they thought might fit that??? Or am I going crazy?)
3. I still think the Jabba thing is sketch, and do not recommend doing it every single night because if they are chaos I would think a very fair win condition would be to get a certain # of people lynched. I'm not as creeped out as I was by it since the credits that came from it definitely benefited village, but I have a gut feeling something about it isn't as it seems.
Anyway, good luck village! 🙂
PS this is the soonest I have ever died in a WW game. I don't like it. 😛
1. Please look into who jumped on my bandwagon in the last few days, I would highly suspect a wolf is in there somewhere because I was far too easy of a target to pass up.
2. Was LIS protected or did he have a kill ability, do we know? Because if it was kill avoidance that means we have multiple of that in the game, and I would be curious what that means in terms of # of wolves, or possible strong man roles (someone mentioned sometime earlier in the thread a role they thought might fit that??? Or am I going crazy?)
3. I still think the Jabba thing is sketch, and do not recommend doing it every single night because if they are chaos I would think a very fair win condition would be to get a certain # of people lynched. I'm not as creeped out as I was by it since the credits that came from it definitely benefited village, but I have a gut feeling something about it isn't as it seems.
Anyway, good luck village! 🙂
PS this is the soonest I have ever died in a WW game. I don't like it. 😛
(And an argument could be made that a wolf would be more likely to ask about lynch protection than a villager. It would be the first question on my mind as a wolf.)
Anyway, few more things and then I have to go into my zoology lab. I will not be around until after lynch, unless I conveniently take a washroom break at lynch close.
1. Please look into who jumped on my bandwagon in the last few days, I would highly suspect a wolf is in there somewhere because I was far too easy of a target to pass up.
2. Was LIS protected or did he have a kill ability, do we know? Because if it was kill avoidance that means we have multiple of that in the game, and I would be curious what that means in terms of # of wolves, or possible strong man roles (someone mentioned sometime earlier in the thread a role they thought might fit that??? Or am I going crazy?)
3. I still think the Jabba thing is sketch, and do not recommend doing it every single night because if they are chaos I would think a very fair win condition would be to get a certain # of people lynched. I'm not as creeped out as I was by it since the credits that came from it definitely benefited village, but I have a gut feeling something about it isn't as it seems.
Anyway, good luck village! 🙂
PS this is the soonest I have ever died in a WW game. I don't like it. 😛
1. There's like half the players on your lynch. Of course there are a wolf or two in it. It's meaningless to say "go look into who jumped on my bandwagon."
2. I was protected, but I suppose nobody except me and the protector "know" that. I don't have any kill avoidance to (pretend?) to be confused about.
3. More to the point, it appears the Jabba bounty is just getting a one-time ability to redirect someone else's action - it's not so potent an ability (at least, at this point in the game) that I think it makes sense to give it much consideration. Which is exactly why I pushed hard to test it early - now we know, we can move on.
Anyway, few more things and then I have to go into my zoology lab. I will not be around until after lynch, unless I conveniently take a washroom break at lynch close.
1. Please look into who jumped on my bandwagon in the last few days, I would highly suspect a wolf is in there somewhere because I was far too easy of a target to pass up.
2. Was LIS protected or did he have a kill ability, do we know? Because if it was kill avoidance that means we have multiple of that in the game, and I would be curious what that means in terms of # of wolves, or possible strong man roles (someone mentioned sometime earlier in the thread a role they thought might fit that??? Or am I going crazy?)
3. I still think the Jabba thing is sketch, and do not recommend doing it every single night because if they are chaos I would think a very fair win condition would be to get a certain # of people lynched. I'm not as creeped out as I was by it since the credits that came from it definitely benefited village, but I have a gut feeling something about it isn't as it seems.
Anyway, good luck village! 🙂
PS this is the soonest I have ever died in a WW game. I don't like it. 😛
Before you disappear, can you copy and paste your description like I asked? That should only take a second if you really have that role PM sitting in your inbox...
I believe you were protected and I believe I know how (as in role, not as in who) just based off a notification I received previously.1. There's like half the players on your lynch. Of course there are a wolf or two in it. It's meaningless to say "go look into who jumped on my bandwagon."
2. I was protected, but I suppose nobody except me and the protector "know" that. I don't have any kill avoidance to (pretend?) to be confused about.
3. More to the point, it appears the Jabba bounty is just getting a one-time ability to redirect someone else's action - it's not so potent an ability (at least, at this point in the game) that I think it makes sense to give it much consideration. Which is exactly why I pushed hard to test it early - now we know, we can move on.
Before you disappear, can you copy and paste your description like I asked? That should only take a second if you really have that role PM sitting in your inbox...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Things that have been mentioned that are pushing me towards the BBC lynch
- Comic book (non-movie) character role claim
- Role description from R&M game
- Saying she wasn't here in the last 10 min to role reveal . . . ? That's a terrible strategy. Also, promising to reveal yesterday but choosing not to.
- Not realizing her death avoidance would apply to lynch. This I can almost rationalize as BBC is a newer player, so it could be she's just never come across this mechanism/wording before. But she said something about starting WW a game or two after R&M, so I'm less comfortable giving her the benefit of the doubt.
- No one vouching for her. Not even a "I have reason to believe . . . " Seemingly nothing making it's way through pm, even though there should be a paired role and perhaps a seer out there who would want to save her if they believed her.
There's just too much not to vote BBC today.
Lycnh BBC
- Comic book (non-movie) character role claim
- Role description from R&M game
- Saying she wasn't here in the last 10 min to role reveal . . . ? That's a terrible strategy. Also, promising to reveal yesterday but choosing not to.
- Not realizing her death avoidance would apply to lynch. This I can almost rationalize as BBC is a newer player, so it could be she's just never come across this mechanism/wording before. But she said something about starting WW a game or two after R&M, so I'm less comfortable giving her the benefit of the doubt.
- No one vouching for her. Not even a "I have reason to believe . . . " Seemingly nothing making it's way through pm, even though there should be a paired role and perhaps a seer out there who would want to save her if they believed her.
There's just too much not to vote BBC today.
Lycnh BBC
This felt weird to me. I feel like if it's your partner you should have an idea of the importance of their role. Oh and should also be pretty psyched to have them come forward and clear you in a somewhat safeish manner.I agree with this, but only if your role isn't super important. As much as I don't want to be lynched, isolating an important role to one group is dumb villager play.
Yeah I have to do it now, pending someone or a group coming forward.
Lynch BBC
I get the rationality of the vote but I'm just not feeling it.
Current lynch tally
BBC 24 (ally, dy, WZ, cyndia, genny, nessy, guis, karabiner, mmdream, cdoconn, gwen, SAR, vmh, Jilary, caia, LIS, snowshoe, FB, LotF, coopah, teep, pippy, PBC, kcoughli)
SAR 1 (nyanko)
hmoo 1 (BBC)
Not voting 2 (hmoo, ski)
Deadline about 1hr
BBC 24 (ally, dy, WZ, cyndia, genny, nessy, guis, karabiner, mmdream, cdoconn, gwen, SAR, vmh, Jilary, caia, LIS, snowshoe, FB, LotF, coopah, teep, pippy, PBC, kcoughli)
SAR 1 (nyanko)
hmoo 1 (BBC)
Not voting 2 (hmoo, ski)
Deadline about 1hr
I get the rationality of the vote but I'm just not feeling it.
I get it. There are parts of BBC's defense that feel right to me. But there are parts that feel wrong. And the whole lore bit sticks out to me. As does the mystery partner.
In the end, I finally landed on too much smoke not to lynch. If we don't lynch today and break the egg, we're going to have to some time.
Spoiler alert!At the end of Return of the Jedi Vader does a heel face turn and kills the Emperor instead of Luke, then has a heart to heart with Luke before he dies. It's a pivotal moment in Vader's redemption arc in the story and I would argue gives him potential as an autoconvert, though I'm not really positive that mechanism is even in this game.
😛 ;P
I'm still on the fence because some of the things BBC's said seem to make sense, but there are others that concern me including that she gave out a comic book character when this game is supposed to be based on the original trilogy of movies, that she supposedly has a spaceship partner that no one will own up to, and her kill avoidance that she didn't realize could be used on a lynch too and not just a night kill and she didn't ask for further clarification so,
Lynch BBC
Lynch BBC
Everything matters...Lynch BBC bc it doesn't matter what I do at this point
No, you should always vote based on how you feel, even if it may be a "throw away" vote. Maybe it won't make a difference in the outcome of this lynch, but maybe it will, or maybe it will affect future lynches, especially if you explain why you are, or are not, voting for a particular person.Lynch BBC bc it doesn't matter what I do at this point
Lynch closed, results pending
***
Oh well, I put forth a valiant effort. Good luck villagers!
***
Oh well, I put forth a valiant effort. Good luck villagers!
***
Fina;l lynch tally
BBC 26 (ally, dy, WZ, cyndia, genny, nessy, guis, karabiner, mmdream, cdoconn, gwen, SAR, vmh, Jilary, caia, LIS, snowshoe, FB, LotF, coopah, teep, pippy, PBC, kcoughli, ski, hmoo)
SAR 1 (nyanko)
hmoo 1 (BBC)
BBC 26 (ally, dy, WZ, cyndia, genny, nessy, guis, karabiner, mmdream, cdoconn, gwen, SAR, vmh, Jilary, caia, LIS, snowshoe, FB, LotF, coopah, teep, pippy, PBC, kcoughli, ski, hmoo)
SAR 1 (nyanko)
hmoo 1 (BBC)
Everything matters...
No, you should always vote based on how you feel, even if it may be a "throw away" vote. Maybe it won't make a difference in the outcome of this lynch, but maybe it will, or maybe it will affect future lynches, especially if you explain why you are, or are not, voting for a particular person.
Maybe normally, but if BBC has a bounty on her head I might as well take part since there is no chance of my vote actually lynching someone else...
Today’s discussion was more was far more clear-cut than yesterday’s. The group gathered around BBC, demanding to know how she escaped them at Jabba’s palace. She tried to hold them off, protesting that she was a real bounty hunter and begging for someone to help her find her ship, but very few were convinced. She was tried, handcuffed, and restrained far more thoroughly than yesterday before being dragged back to Jabba’s palace.
Jabba glanced over at the assembled mob and started speaking. ”Da chuda! Coona tee-tocky malia?”
Bib Fortuna stepped forward smoothly to translate for his master. “I see that you have returned with the bounty” He looked at BBC, who glared at him from her chains. “Ah, you have taken additional precautions to prevent her escape. Good”
Jabba produced what might pass as a smile. “Grancha! Bargon won chee kospah.”
“Jabba is pleased! You will definitely be rewarded. Here.” Fortuna handed a pouch to the closest member of the mob. “Now, leave BBC here and step back.”
Everyone, including Fortuna stepped off of the grating on the middle of the floor. “Ateema!” Jabba shouted, and the grating dropped. BBC gave a short yell as she fell through.
The grating rose, and everyone stepped forward cautiously to peer through. The lighting was bad, but they could hear scraping sounds as BBC struggled against her bindings. This was soon drowned out by a roar and thudding stomps that shook the room as the Rancor entered.
Some leaned forward to watch the anticipated carnage, while others looked away to avoid it. However, everyone jumped back as a blue light and a familiar hum filled the underground arena. When faced with the Rancor, BBC had used the Force to open her restraints and then ignited the lightsaber she had hidden on her.
The Rancor blinked for a moment in the sudden light as BBC entered a fighting stance. It took a step to the side, judging the reactions of its now-sunrising prey. BBC turned, then raised a hand to Force-throw a rock at the Rancor.
The Rancor saw its opportunity and charged. BBC, startled, stopped levitating the rock and jumped to the side. Unfortunately, the arena was small, and she couldn’t jump entirely out of the way. One of the Rancor’s claws gouged her side as it went past. However, the Rancor did not escape unscathed - BBC’s lightsaber caught it just under its arm and dug into its chest.
The Rancor bellowed, stumbled into the wall, and then slid to the floor. BBC, too, collapsed from her wounds. As she lost consciousness, she thought she could hear a voice shouting “Stoopa Jeedai! Wonkee chee sa kreepsa mah Rancor…”
You have lynched BBC, Obi-wan Kenobi, Rebel, with one kill avoidance who would seer as a villager.
Night deadline 8am ET. 27 players remain
Roster
Tatooine
1. @SnowshoeDog143
2. @Coopah
3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
5. @awesomenessity
6. @Caia
Hoth
7. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter
Cloud City
14. @Filly Bay
15. @hazelmoo
16. @cdoconn
17. @WildZoo
Endor Moon
8. @Teepster87
20. @Karabiner13
21. @mmmdreamerz
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler
Death Star mk 1
25. @vetmedhead
26. @nyanko
27. @genny
28. @PrincessButterCup
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia
Dead
22. Ceke2002 - Owen Lars, villager, no powers
19. raf2769 - Tusken Raider, villager, 1x assassin
18. BeautifulBritishColumbia, Rebel, unseerable w/1 kill avoidance
Jabba glanced over at the assembled mob and started speaking. ”Da chuda! Coona tee-tocky malia?”
Bib Fortuna stepped forward smoothly to translate for his master. “I see that you have returned with the bounty” He looked at BBC, who glared at him from her chains. “Ah, you have taken additional precautions to prevent her escape. Good”
Jabba produced what might pass as a smile. “Grancha! Bargon won chee kospah.”
“Jabba is pleased! You will definitely be rewarded. Here.” Fortuna handed a pouch to the closest member of the mob. “Now, leave BBC here and step back.”
Everyone, including Fortuna stepped off of the grating on the middle of the floor. “Ateema!” Jabba shouted, and the grating dropped. BBC gave a short yell as she fell through.
The grating rose, and everyone stepped forward cautiously to peer through. The lighting was bad, but they could hear scraping sounds as BBC struggled against her bindings. This was soon drowned out by a roar and thudding stomps that shook the room as the Rancor entered.
Some leaned forward to watch the anticipated carnage, while others looked away to avoid it. However, everyone jumped back as a blue light and a familiar hum filled the underground arena. When faced with the Rancor, BBC had used the Force to open her restraints and then ignited the lightsaber she had hidden on her.
The Rancor blinked for a moment in the sudden light as BBC entered a fighting stance. It took a step to the side, judging the reactions of its now-sunrising prey. BBC turned, then raised a hand to Force-throw a rock at the Rancor.
The Rancor saw its opportunity and charged. BBC, startled, stopped levitating the rock and jumped to the side. Unfortunately, the arena was small, and she couldn’t jump entirely out of the way. One of the Rancor’s claws gouged her side as it went past. However, the Rancor did not escape unscathed - BBC’s lightsaber caught it just under its arm and dug into its chest.
The Rancor bellowed, stumbled into the wall, and then slid to the floor. BBC, too, collapsed from her wounds. As she lost consciousness, she thought she could hear a voice shouting “Stoopa Jeedai! Wonkee chee sa kreepsa mah Rancor…”
You have lynched BBC, Obi-wan Kenobi, Rebel, with one kill avoidance who would seer as a villager.
Night deadline 8am ET. 27 players remain
Roster
Tatooine
1. @SnowshoeDog143
2. @Coopah
3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
5. @awesomenessity
6. @Caia
Hoth
7. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter
Cloud City
14. @Filly Bay
15. @hazelmoo
16. @cdoconn
17. @WildZoo
Endor Moon
8. @Teepster87
20. @Karabiner13
21. @mmmdreamerz
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler
Death Star mk 1
25. @vetmedhead
26. @nyanko
27. @genny
28. @PrincessButterCup
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia
Dead
22. Ceke2002 - Owen Lars, villager, no powers
19. raf2769 - Tusken Raider, villager, 1x assassin
18. BeautifulBritishColumbia, Rebel, unseerable w/1 kill avoidance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also, @hazelmoo, please don't post strategy between closing and write-up. Nothing major in this case, but I think that's twice in a row.
Yaaaaaas! Good job village! We got one!
For the first time ever the Jedi mind trick didn't work on the Stormtroopers. 😉
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 100K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K