Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, if we're going to poke holes....

When Teepster was tracked attacking me, it wasn't obvious to the tracker what he was doing (just that he visited me). It had to be sussed out based on knowing someone not-Teep was protecting me, therefore Teep had to be the one attacking me.

So it stands to reason the mods wouldn't reveal that Genny was converting (or seering or ... whatever) when she visited Caia.

All to say, I don't think it can be ruled out that Genny was converting. Unless I'm missing something.

At the same time, I think this is a back-burner issue. Focus on finding originals, then worry about the fluff.

I agree that it would be dumb to seer+convert the same person the same night.

That is fair -- I agree, I just have to say it would be dumb, I can't help it. 🙂
 
Would it though? It's happened before where wolves submitted someone nonconvertible for conversion and so lost that conversion chance. It's also happened once where wolves "converted" chaos.

Gwen, it would be dumb to do both on the same person on the same night. If the conversion failed, it would tell you they couldn't be converted, you don't need seering for that. Use the seering on someone else and then come back to that person the conversion failed on if you really wanted to know. This is pretty basic wolf strategy.

Am I taking crazy pills??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gwen, it would be dumb to do both on the same person on the same night. If the conversion failed, it would tell you they couldn't be converted, you don't need seering for that. Use the seering on someone else and then come back to that person the conversion failed on if you really wanted to know. This is pretty basic wolf strategy.

Am I taking crazy pills??
Lol no, I'm taking the crazy pills I think. Complete brain fart that being on the /same/ night is dumb.

Bedtime for Gwen
 
Is anyone else getting feels for FillyBay? I've been rereading some of her posts and it's not sitting well with me.
I don't think lynching wz is going to bring us a wolf. That feels too easy for day 1 and I know wz would be so mad if she's a villager. I don't know the theme all that well but Jabba doesn't really scream villager to me.

Lynching Karabou because she might always be a wolf seems silly too. She has to be a villager at some point [emoji23]

BBC's comments didn't come off as not knowing who the villagers would be...plus I'm pretty sure that was announced in the sign up thread.

That being said, I'm not sure who to vote for now. But since I'm feeling BBC is not super wolfy,

******lynch Ceke*******

Busy weekend at home in PA with no wifi/laptop but I'm back home tomorrow 🙂

I don't like the BBC vote again. I agree it feels lazy and I don't think its going to get us a wolf. What is the reason for the wz vote today?

Hmm, so does this sound like BBC had a lynch avoidance?

Did someone even get to the keep the bounty if BBC got away?

I was redirected last night...do you guys think WZ was able to do that before death? or someone got that ability as bounty? Or we have a wolf or chaos redirector?

Cept if you look at the next day I'm the last vote on BBC. I thought I was pushing her to a lynch but I ended up being a tie. Got her lynch avoidance out of the way either way because of my vote.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe. So then who are you thinking of, vmh?
I think I may have used up all of the Force I had with me for finding wolves this game and now I have to actually read this thread more closely to reassess my feels. 😛

Right now, I have some suspicions of nessy based on the tie lynch between cdo and BBC and some tunneling on what I find to be vaguely unusual players to tunnel on based on their gameplay (I think it was Dy and Ny with some other posts about pippy).

I am reading through this on mobile though, and it is unfortunately frustrating to do lynch analysis since three of our wolf lynches were either unanimous or close to it, so it's hard to find wolves quietly voting to save their own. Emperor vote and D1 & D2 lynches will probably give us interesting info, but I'll need more time to look through some things.
 
Also, does anybody know anything about the imperial prison? I'm thinking about something genny said but I haven't been blocked so I don't know enough about that mechanism to figure out if she was lying or if something else was going on.
 
Right now, I have some suspicions of nessy based on the tie lynch between cdo and BBC and some tunneling on what I find to be vaguely unusual players to tunnel on based on their gameplay (I think it was Dy and Ny with some other posts about pippy).

This all works for me - both the cdo/BBC stuff and the Pippy things. Pippy is strong village.
 
This all works for me - both the cdo/BBC stuff and the Pippy things. Pippy is strong village.
I also found some comments just a little too jokey/off, but this is also standard play for a lot of noobs (and also this is a game) so I wasn't sure how much stock to put into it.

If someone could I would appreciate nessy being looked into in some fashion.
 
Also, does anybody know anything about the imperial prison? I'm thinking about something genny said but I haven't been blocked so I don't know enough about that mechanism to figure out if she was lying or if something else was going on.

What about it? I was blocked on N2 (I think it was N2...)
 
Tonight was definitely more active than the previous night. Many villagers were disturbed when they were woken by blaster fire in the middle of the night. They stayed inside and prayed that it wouldn't be their house that was visited.

As it turns out, none were, because tonight's target was outside of her house. Coopah spent this night as she had spent the last several, watching someone's door to track who visited them. Unfortunately, she was so intent on her task that she never noticed the figure sneaking up behind her. She was blasted into slag without a chance to respond.

Dead is Coopah, IG-88, villager, who would see everyone who visited her target each night.

Lastly, unbeknownst to him, Jabba's voice was heard over the radio frequencies saying "It's actually easier for me to win with the wolves, I just need to get enough bounties before end game so you guys can't all go down before that happens..."

Lynch deadline 10pmET 23 players remain
Roster
Tatooine

1. @SnowshoeDog143
3. @Gwenevre
4. @guisantes
5. @awesomenessity
6. @Caia
21. @mmmdreamerz
20. @Karabiner13

Hoth
7. @Jilary
9. @kcoughli
10. @PippyPony
11. @LetItSnow
12. @dyachei
13. @SkiOtter

Cloud City
14. @Filly Bay
15. @hazelmoo
16. @cdoconn

Endor Moon
23. @allyphoe
24. @SARdoghandler
25. @vetmedhead

Death Star mk 1
26. @nyanko
28. @PrincessButterCup
29. @LadyOtheFarm
30. @Cyndia

Dead
22. Ceke2002 - Owen Lars, villager, no powers
19. raf2769 - Tusken Raider, villager, 1x assassin
18. BeautifulBritishColumbia - Obi-Wan Kenobi, Rebel, unseerable w/1 kill avoidance
17. WildZoo - Cornelius Evazan, villager, redirector
8. Teepster87 - Leia, Rebel, allowed wolves to kill and convert
27. genny - Luke, Rebel, seer
2. Coopah - IG-88, villager, reverse tracker



 
NOTICE​
JABBA the HUTT has posted a bounty on
@awesomenessity
​
for today only. If she is lynched, one lucky person responsible for her lynch will be rewarded handsomely by Jabba!​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right now, I have some suspicions of nessy based on the tie lynch between cdo and BBC and some tunneling on what I find to be vaguely unusual players to tunnel on based on their gameplay (I think it was Dy and Ny with some other posts about pippy).

So I can explain this part... haha. I'm super nooby with not a ton of time to check in on the game, so usually whatever theories I could have come up with have already been posted. So instead of just being like "yeah same", I try to poke around other things that haven't been looked into yet in the hope of uncovering something interesting. But clearly have been unsuccessful in that regard 😛
 
Lastly, unbeknownst to him, Jabba's voice was heard over the radio frequencies saying "It's actually easier for me to win with the wolves, I just need to get enough bounties before end game so you guys can't all go down before that happens..."
Couple things:
  • This sounds like someone may have used an ability or an item to put part of someone's PMs in the write ups, in which case it behooves the village to tell us who this was used on so we can choke Jabba to death with a chain in a lynch
  • Jabba appears to be wolf aligned chaos
  • The listing of nessie on bounty + the inclusion of this in write up honestly sounds like an attempt to potentially drive the village away from voting for nessie, which may be an attempt to help the wolves last longer in game
  • The avoid giving Jabba our leading lynch candidates early enough to place for bounties, it would probably be best to avoid discussion for "people I'll absolutely be voting for tomorrow" until the day you actually intend to vote for them
  • If you're really concerned about dying overnight before sharing consider sharing thoughts with group members via PM
 
Couple things:
  • This sounds like someone may have used an ability or an item to put part of someone's PMs in the write ups, in which case it behooves the village to tell us who this was used on so we can choke Jabba to death with a chain in a lynch
  • Jabba appears to be wolf aligned chaos
  • The listing of nessie on bounty + the inclusion of this in write up honestly sounds like an attempt to potentially drive the village away from voting for nessie, which may be an attempt to help the wolves last longer in game
  • The avoid giving Jabba our leading lynch candidates early enough to place for bounties, it would probably be best to avoid discussion for "people I'll absolutely be voting for tomorrow" until the day you actually intend to vote for them
  • If you're really concerned about dying overnight before sharing consider sharing thoughts with group members via PM
That's exactly what I thought as well when I read it..
 
Lastly, unbeknownst to him, Jabba's voice was heard over the radio frequencies saying "It's actually easier for me to win with the wolves, I just need to get enough bounties before end game so you guys can't all go down before that happens..."

Stupid Jabba.

If the "unbeknownst to him" is accurate, and this is the result of some sort of ask-a-mod mechanism, then we can rely on it. Jabba's bounties were on WZ(no), BBC (yes), BBC (yes), hmoo (no), Ski (no), nessy (today, so unknown), which is 2 as of this morning's write-up. So we have to identify all the wolves without letting Jabba predict the villager lynches. My reading of the "you guys can't all go down" is that Jabba needs more bounties than there are remaining wolves, so lynching someone with a high probability of being a wolf is a good idea, even if they give Jabba a bounty. But if we aren't pretty sure Jabba's pick is a wolf, we ought to lynch elsewhere.

I tried to do hypotheticals for the message being propaganda from chaos-Jabba, but it just ended up as WIFOM, so I think I'm inclined to trust the "unbeknownst to him" part.

Has someone already gathered for their own purposes the arguments (and supporters of those arguments) for nessy, and could post them? I'm at work and really ought to be working, so won't have a chance to analyze until later today.

Edit for grammar.
 
Couple things:
  • This sounds like someone may have used an ability or an item to put part of someone's PMs in the write ups, in which case it behooves the village to tell us who this was used on so we can choke Jabba to death with a chain in a lynch
  • Jabba appears to be wolf aligned chaos
  • The listing of nessie on bounty + the inclusion of this in write up honestly sounds like an attempt to potentially drive the village away from voting for nessie, which may be an attempt to help the wolves last longer in game
  • The avoid giving Jabba our leading lynch candidates early enough to place for bounties, it would probably be best to avoid discussion for "people I'll absolutely be voting for tomorrow" until the day you actually intend to vote for them
  • If you're really concerned about dying overnight before sharing consider sharing thoughts with group members via PM

I don't know. Nessy wasn't a big potential lynch candidate and I don't know if she was up for vote until you and LIS started talking about her last night. I mean I think it definitely fits with the Jabba chooses who some people will vote for and since you two were the ones talking about it, theres a bigger chance that more people will join in because you guys have lead us to the other wolves. But, I don't know if the wolves would give us the name of a wolf just to protect her for a day or two? I don't have feels for Nessy either way, so I'm going to look over my notes and see where conversation goes.
 
I don't know. Nessy wasn't a big potential lynch candidate and I don't know if she was up for vote until you and LIS started talking about her last night. I mean I think it definitely fits with the Jabba chooses who some people will vote for and since you two were the ones talking about it, theres a bigger chance that more people will join in because you guys have lead us to the other wolves. But, I don't know if the wolves would give us the name of a wolf just to protect her for a day or two? I don't have feels for Nessy either way, so I'm going to look over my notes and see where conversation goes.
This is my point though - assuming Jabba's bounties are a night action they likely thought our conversation would direct lynch votes for today and decided to put in night actions based on that. LIS and I collectively have been decently involved in the most recent wolf lynches and our random lynch discussions on thread aren't necessarily bad things to think about when making bounty decisions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm kinda of the opinion that we should completely ignore Jabba and who they've put up. We shouldn't let it influence lynching who is thought to may be a wolf. If we have multiple that need lynching, lynching whoever Jabba hasn't put up would be reasonable.

It could be something else, but it could also be a wolf putting something in the write-up, but I don't doubt getting bounties helps Jabba.

I just don't think we'll necessarily be sure someone is a wolf going forward.