Star WWars III Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
N1 -
N2 - @guisantes can you double check you were blocked N2?
N3 - @kcoughli doesn't specify what she was blocked by
N4 -
N5 - @hazelmoo
N6 - Caia

I have not caught up on the thread yet I just got out of gross lab but I just wanted to answer that it was Sunday night. Will check and see what night that actually is in a second
 
Nessy wasn't a big potential lynch candidate and I don't know if she was up for vote until you and LIS started talking about her last night.

This is my recollection, too. This is a mighty fast bandwagon - something that gives wolves good cover and wastes a day of conversation - with everyone pretty much saying, "sure, lynch Nessy" and not much else. BBC and genny had a lot more reasons behind their bandwagons.

As an out of the loop person, can someone tell me if we're lynching her for reasons, or just feels? Because I'm good with lynching her for reasons without regard to Jabba, but feeding chaos on feels seems like a bad idea to me.
 
This is my recollection, too. This is a mighty fast bandwagon - something that gives wolves good cover and wastes a day of conversation - with everyone pretty much saying, "sure, lynch Nessy" and not much else. BBC and genny had a lot more reasons behind their bandwagons.

As an out of the loop person, can someone tell me if we're lynching her for reasons, or just feels? Because I'm good with lynching her for reasons without regard to Jabba, but feeding chaos on feels seems like a bad idea to me.
she's been pushing players that have been outing wolves
 
Yeah I'm sorry I just reread the thread like 3 times but I am not quite understanding the reasons for nessy? If it's something concrete then definitely don't say anything to out the source, but if it's just feels then I would be inclined to look somewhere else, for today at least, because I don't want to give Jabba any more bounties unless we are sure about it (or at least pretty much sure).
 
This is my recollection, too. This is a mighty fast bandwagon - something that gives wolves good cover and wastes a day of conversation - with everyone pretty much saying, "sure, lynch Nessy" and not much else. BBC and genny had a lot more reasons behind their bandwagons.

As an out of the loop person, can someone tell me if we're lynching her for reasons, or just feels? Because I'm good with lynching her for reasons without regard to Jabba, but feeding chaos on feels seems like a bad idea to me.

Yeah I'm sorry I just reread the thread like 3 times but I am not quite understanding the reasons for nessy? If it's something concrete then definitely don't say anything to out the source, but if it's just feels then I would be inclined to look somewhere else, for today at least, because I don't want to give Jabba any more bounties unless we are sure about it (or at least pretty much sure).
For those asking, I have compiled a few things that stood out to me for nessy (these are in chronological order, by the way, starting with lynch 1). They are less solid than the BBC and genny lynches but I would also argue that all three of our wolf lynches in this game have had much much stronger evidence behind them than a typical wolf lynch, and though this is circumstantial evidence it gives me enough pause to want to lynch.

Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious of LIS too. Like BBC said, I think there's bound to be at least one wolf going for an easy mark... and even if he isn't wolfy he definitely isn't supporting village like he should be. Idk, I guess from my perspective we should wait until we have a confirmed/basically guaranteed wolf that comes up on the bounty list to figure out what the "prize" is. Even if it turns out to be awesome, it doesn't excuse the fact we may have lost a villager 🙁 Plus figuring out the prize likely wouldn't help us narrow down who the wolves are.

Lynch LIS
Note this is a day when BBC was the bounty.
Does anyone have any obvious evidence that would support Dy not being sketchy? I haven't had a chance to make a spreadsheet but looking through her posts on this thread so far there doesn't seem to be a lot of information one way or the other. Commentary has been rather benign haha.

Just read that wolves don't often support one another like that, but I guess my comment still stands so I'll post it anyway 😛
By this point Dy had been playing rather villagery, to me at least. I also thought this was strange phrasing: "Dy not being sketchy". Lots of noob wolves try to kill or lynch experienced players because they are convinced these are the people who will out them fastest and I would not be surprised if this is what this was.
Lynch CDO, reluctantly. I really don't think testing out the Jabba thing on someone who might be a villager is very helpful... Plus if Jabba does have some kind of chaos role/not really a villager role than I don't see why his employee wouldn't be as well.
This vote is very telling to me - the last vote in the tie between BBC/CDO and this is very tenuous reasoning. Also notice this is framed as chaos hunting rather than wolf hunting, a common strategy for wolves.

If you look at that final lynch tally you will also find that almost all of our known wolves voted en bloc at the end of the lynch for cdo to attempt to bring it to a tie.

***relynch BBC***

Any thoughts on your lynch voting Caia? You just seem to post without any additional commentary/theories/information/anything.
This is the day after BBC's lynch avoidance and nessy immediately questions a relynch of BBC early in the day. There's a few other times later where I feel like she's throwing some suspicions at Caia as well, though the BBC lynch was a reasonable lynch and the reasoning behind relynching a character with a previous lynch avoidance is obvious.
Anyone have any thoughts on Ny's random lynch of SAR? Just because she felt like it? Haha. Not accusing her of being wolfy, but that was definitely strange... especially considering there was a pretty good BBC lynch bandwagon shaping up. But maybe that's just her play style, idk.
Similar to her Dy accusations above.

I am also going to add that there are a few behind the scenes things that are influencing my decision to lynch nessy today, but they would not be prudent to discuss. I feel fairly confident that this is a good lynch.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am also going to add that there are a few behind the scenes things that are influencing my decision to lynch nessy today, but they would not be prudent to discuss. I feel fairly confident that this is a good lynch.

That's really what I was trying to figure out - is there behind the scenes stuff that I'm not aware of and don't need the details of, or just the stuff on thread. Thank you!

****** Lynch Nessy ******
 
Thank you for that handy summary post vmh! I'm definitely leaning towards voting Nessie after reading through that. But I'm going to hold off voting for now until I get home and reread things, just to make sure I haven't missed anything else important since I had a crazy day yesterday and only briefly skimmed things.
 
Actually, screw it, I'm going to just ****lynch nessie*****

I was thinking on it, and I just can't get past her vote for Cdo. Especially since she did it very last minute. Looking back I didn't see this, but I remember when I was on the thread near close that night the tally was wrong and made it look as if her vote pulled cdo into the lead. Also she even asked a little bit before she voted why everyone was choosing cdo. I didn't think the one explanation post I saw (by pbc) was all that compelling and I agree that the reasoning she listed (not wanting the bounty to be tried) is a little weak.
 
Lastly, unbeknownst to him, Jabba's voice was heard over the radio frequencies saying "It's actually easier for me to win with the wolves, I just need to get enough bounties before end game so you guys can't all go down before that happens..."

Um does this read to anyone else like an ability or item overheard Jabba talking to the wolves?? And didn't realize he was being overheard? I feel like this tells us a lot of information actually if this is truly a PM conversation.

1. Jabba is wolf-aligned chaos (not terribly surprising I guess but good to know nonetheless)
2. Jabba knows who at least 1 wolf is (I feel like this is important!)
3. Jabba wants the game to slow down so we don't end it prematurely before his win conditions are met - to me this means he's going to pick players for bounty that are suspicious villagers, to extend the game. If he knew he was being overheard talking to wolves then I agree he'd be more likely to mark wolves for bounty to try to make us choose between Jabba or wolf, but if he didn't know...
4. Jabba can PM with a wolf - whether via a separate ability or is on the same planet as a wolf

Am I reading too much into this?

Couple things:
  • This sounds like someone may have used an ability or an item to put part of someone's PMs in the write ups, in which case it behooves the village to tell us who this was used on so we can choke Jabba to death with a chain in a lynch
  • Jabba appears to be wolf aligned chaos
  • The listing of nessie on bounty + the inclusion of this in write up honestly sounds like an attempt to potentially drive the village away from voting for nessie, which may be an attempt to help the wolves last longer in game
  • The avoid giving Jabba our leading lynch candidates early enough to place for bounties, it would probably be best to avoid discussion for "people I'll absolutely be voting for tomorrow" until the day you actually intend to vote for them
  • If you're really concerned about dying overnight before sharing consider sharing thoughts with group members via PM
But if it was truly "unbeknownst to Jabba" then he would be picking villagers to put up for bounty, since that would prolong the game.

Stupid Jabba.

If the "unbeknownst to him" is accurate, and this is the result of some sort of ask-a-mod mechanism, then we can rely on it. Jabba's bounties were on WZ(no), BBC (yes), BBC (yes), hmoo (no), Ski (no), nessy (today, so unknown), which is 2 as of this morning's write-up. So we have to identify all the wolves without letting Jabba predict the villager lynches. My reading of the "you guys can't all go down" is that Jabba needs more bounties than there are remaining wolves, so lynching someone with a high probability of being a wolf is a good idea, even if they give Jabba a bounty. But if we aren't pretty sure Jabba's pick is a wolf, we ought to lynch elsewhere.

I tried to do hypotheticals for the message being propaganda from chaos-Jabba, but it just ended up as WIFOM, so I think I'm inclined to trust the "unbeknownst to him" part.

Has someone already gathered for their own purposes the arguments (and supporters of those arguments) for nessy, and could post them? I'm at work and really ought to be working, so won't have a chance to analyze until later today.

Edit for grammar.

Okay so yeah, this fits with what I was thinking.

N1 -
N2 - @guisantes can you double check you were blocked N2?
N3 - @kcoughli doesn't specify what she was blocked by
N4 -
N5 - @hazelmoo
N6 - Caia
Interesting, I don't recall ever mentioning being blocked on thread. Did I say it somewhere? It was N4 and it was via the ale.
This is my recollection, too. This is a mighty fast bandwagon - something that gives wolves good cover and wastes a day of conversation - with everyone pretty much saying, "sure, lynch Nessy" and not much else. BBC and genny had a lot more reasons behind their bandwagons.

As an out of the loop person, can someone tell me if we're lynching her for reasons, or just feels? Because I'm good with lynching her for reasons without regard to Jabba, but feeding chaos on feels seems like a bad idea to me.
Agreed about feeding chaos at this point, especially since we know he's not working to help the village according to the write up.

I see that there has been some behind-the-scenes stuff on Nessy, so I guess that might be the direction to go today, but I'm loathe to just do it because the bounty says so.

Finally I have some info to share about Coopah that I'll put in another post.
 
So I was a little suspicious of Coopah last night since she seemed to imply she knew all the night blocks that had occurred, which I found interesting because I hadn't mentioned being blocked. Granted I was blocked by the ale, so not inherently wolfy (guessing it's an item floating around) but still was curious. So I had the mouse droid tracker last night and used it on Coopah and this was the result:
coop visited VMH and dy last night

I know it says visited, so theoretically it should just be who Coopah was targeting, but I wasn't sure if it would include people who visited her as well.

Putting it out there so you all can analyze it, it may mean nothing, but didn't want to keep it to myself.
 
Okay, I can get behind some behind the scenes things then. I also PM'd nessy in an attempt to see if she has anything to say, but unless she says something really groundbreaking,

Lynch nessy
 
Here:

All blocks? Blocking mechanisms I have heard of include a wookiee, the ale, and now supposedly an imperial prison. Not everyone I assume mentions that they were blocked when they were.

You were responding to Coopah about a block but looking back, Coopah was directing that post to hazelmoo.

I just searched prison in the thread.
 
So I was a little suspicious of Coopah last night since she seemed to imply she knew all the night blocks that had occurred, which I found interesting because I hadn't mentioned being blocked. Granted I was blocked by the ale, so not inherently wolfy (guessing it's an item floating around) but still was curious. So I had the mouse droid tracker last night and used it on Coopah and this was the result:


I know it says visited, so theoretically it should just be who Coopah was targeting, but I wasn't sure if it would include people who visited her as well.

Putting it out there so you all can analyze it, it may mean nothing, but didn't want to keep it to myself.

Coopah asked me who I thought she might want to watch and I said someone that has achieved solid villager status, which included dy and VMH and a couple others.

She said she couldn't use it on herself.

So I'm not sure how she visited two people. Maybe an item?
 
You realize I never said in that post that I was blocked. And this was me being suspicious of Coop for saying that she knew about all the night blocks.

I understand that but given the post you quoted was this:
What were you blocked by on N3? On my spreadsheet I have all blocks accounted for already, so I'm double checking this.

I thought you were saying you were blocked. Didn't realize Coopah was talking to Hazelmoo. My mistake.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Coopah asked me who I thought she might want to watch and I said someone that has achieved solid villager status, which included dy and VMH and a couple others.

She said she couldn't use it on herself.

So I'm not sure how she visited two people. Maybe an item?

She also told me she was going to watch vmh. I don't know why she watched two people though. Item? But if the wolves were going to kill her they wouldn't have necessarily known who she was going to kill (unless me or caia is a wolf. And I'm not and even if caia is the convert I doubt dy or vmh are original wolves that she was trying to protect)
 
I am not really sure about nessy. I'm still kind of caught on Jabba to be honest. Though I guess watching what Jabba does going forward could tell us a little more about who it might be. I have some ideas but I don't really want to put them out there quite yet as they are not fully formed. Mostly based on the style of the leaked message and some leaps of logic.
 
:thinking: Interesting. Do we know who has been blocked on which nights? I'm interested in putting together a blocking timeline for this prison block specifically.

The Imperial Prison block (which is what others have called it, I haven't seen it personally) sounds like a village block. So I'm curious about why you're trying to find the village blocker, if that's what you're doing.

Did anything happen to you last night?
 
Hey @Jilary just trying to piece some information together. N1 did you get any message (besides the scarred man one) that seemed like a potential wolf action?
 
But if the wolves were going to kill her they wouldn't have necessarily known who she was going to kill (unless me or caia is a wolf. And I'm not and even if caia is the convert I doubt dy or vmh are original wolves that she was trying to protect)

Wait, what? Why do you think Coopah was trying to kill anyone? She was the reverse tracker, according to the writeup.

You were on my list of wolves back on Tuesday, before the bandwagons started, and this comment makes me feel good about that placement.
 
Wait, what? Why do you think Coopah was trying to kill anyone? She was the reverse tracker, according to the writeup.

You were on my list of wolves back on Tuesday, before the bandwagons started, and this comment makes me feel good about that placement.

Whoops thats what quick texting on your phone does kids. I meant who she was trying to track. She definitely wasn't trying to kill anyone.
 
Sorry, gang, I am doing vet school interviews all day.

Nessie is almost def a wolf - was tracked last night and visited Coopah.

***re-lynch nessie***

I agree with Caia about ignoring Jabba.

Will try to assess/comment more tonight.
 
Sorry, gang, I am doing vet school interviews all day.

Nessie is almost def a wolf - was tracked last night and visited Coopah.

***re-lynch nessie***

I agree with Caia about ignoring Jabba.

Will try to assess/comment more tonight.
Lynch Nessie

Though I loath doing it based on the jabba info from the write up.

Hey @Jilary just trying to piece some information together. N1 did you get any message (besides the scarred man one) that seemed like a potential wolf action?
I don't think so. There was the scarred man, the neutral presence and everything else seemed village like.
 
Sorry, gang, I am doing vet school interviews all day.

Nessie is almost def a wolf - was tracked last night and visited Coopah.

***re-lynch nessie***

I agree with Caia about ignoring Jabba.

Will try to assess/comment more tonight.

I hate following the Jabba thing, but have had quite a lot of suspicions about Nessy from PMs and with this added fact I'd rather catch a wolf then not.

Lynch Nessy
 
The Imperial Prison block (which is what others have called it, I haven't seen it personally) sounds like a village block. So I'm curious about why you're trying to find the village blocker, if that's what you're doing.

Did anything happen to you last night?
I'm not trying to find the village tracker, I'm actually interested in who was blocked N1. I was told by genny that she was blocked by the prison N1 but she told someone else she had tracked them N1 and I am curious to discover which was true. It may mean that whoever was blocked N1 (if not Genny) could be a wolf since Genny gave a block message that I believe to be true. If not it could be possible that whoever had a tracking item N1 could be a wolf. It could also all just be lies, it's just something that's been bothering me that I wanted to find out more about.
 
The Imperial Prison block (which is what others have called it, I haven't seen it personally) sounds like a village block. So I'm curious about why you're trying to find the village blocker, if that's what you're doing.

Did anything happen to you last night?
Also nothing happened to me last night. Did anyone else get a message after being tracked by Coopah? My last message from the mods was them telling me I had been moved to Endor.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not trying to find the village tracker, I'm actually interested in who was blocked N1. I was told by genny that she was blocked by the prison N1 but she told someone else she had tracked them N1 and I am curious to discover which was true. It may mean that whoever was blocked N1 (if not Genny) could be a wolf since Genny gave a block message that I believe to be true. If not it could be possible that whoever had a tracking item N1 could be a wolf. It could also all just be lies, it's just something that's been bothering me that I wanted to find out more about.
Where did genny say she tracked someone N1?