StardeWW Valley - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Don't love any of this defense, tbh.
And Bob may be a "newer" player but he's played enough games where I think he should see the flaw with the jailing logic he's got here. I was gonna point it out earlier in the day when he mentioned it the first time but I got distracted.

^ AM got to it before I did
I always love when ppl track me, jail me, etc when I’m village. It gives me hope that I will gain an ally that can attest that I’m village.

Me being jailed should make me less likely to be wolf to some degree. I thought sharing would be helpful on some level. If there is a reason to not share, then plz inform me
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@kdswg It's not MY fault that a stunning confluence of events happened to our seer!

Also I hope u remember what ur meta is supposed to be

I wanna yeet kdawg.

Actually imma do it
I don’t remember their actual name
For the real ping and sketchy follow up
Unyeet AM
Yeet kdawg



LOOK MA IM VOTING EARLY

I can actually get on board with this.

unyeet gen
yeet kds

few thoughts, mostly vibes at this point. Maybe its noob solidarity but true is leaning slightly village for me, kinda seems like he's village trying to learn from village mistakes in past game. I was genny's sidecar in bounty hunting, and their vibe seems the same although with the mechanics of that game idk if thats helpful. Neutral on most others.

was referencing the discusion earlier about him being NK because he was "too village"

I only followed the first few days of bowling but based on a quick search she seemed a little more open with reads and confrontational than she did in bounty hunting but, again, idk how much I should read into that considering the weirdness of bounty hunting

As her sidecar I was actively following her, with bowling I was just vibing so I don't remember anything specific of y'alls gameplay

zenge-leaning wolfy
AM-leaning wolfy but not trusting myself bc of everyone elses reactions so more neutral
Dana-leaning wolfy

I feel like I haven't really seen anything of substance from bob, barks, sporty, and genny, so I haven't seen enough to get a read on any of them. Dana hasn't said much other than jumping on what other have said about me so I would be interested in more from her

to be fair, she did this twice (or was it once?) in the noob game so I buy that this is just her instinct

this is the other moment I was thinking of, she voted herself out of frustration (I think?) after being flustered by miya's fake role reveal. Granted, she tried to vote miya again after, and miya was already the clear leader so it had no impact. So I guess we haven't seen this self-sacrifice before, but I can kinda buy that her default frustration response is self sacrifice

I am too, I know bounty hunting is a bad game to compare to but she's reading more similar to that game than what I saw of her in bowling, and we're like 84 years into D1 now so I would expect more from village!genny by now

pls, vets know each others history so joke votes don't need explanations bc yall arent grilled for it. I was both wolfy for the one liner and then wolfy for the defense?? I cant win😩

I know its been explained before but I have the memory of a goldfish, what does WIFOM mean?

I havent seen a convincing argument for anyone else so I'm staying true to my gut for a bit. I don't remember what the argument for dubz was, so I dont feel comfortable flopping yet

Ok, I’m finally caught up. I’m feeling worse about sporty after last night, the vanilla reveal, moaning about making it to endgame, and the below post

Come across as very theatrical to me.

I’m feeling better about zenge, but I still haven’t seen anything that clears cubs for me so
Yeet cubs

Genny is a wildcard, she could be with pretty much anyone. Of the players I dont really have a read on, bob and PSV don't seem to have given much thought to cubs
kdswg's reads are hard to compile since they're pretty scattered, but she mentioned village-reading true. She wildly leaps around as far as genny is concerned, from "she seems village" to "she seems wolfy" and then "she seems neutral." This could be her panicking about how to describe a packmate or her trying to feel out the vibes with players she's trying to get misyoten. She leaves bob, barks, and sporty out of a read attempt. She lightly defended stoat when stoat was catching some heat for her apparent sacrifice for kdswg. If kdswg's salt yeet at the beginning was a w/w ploy to do some distancing, it majorly backfired considered there was the potential to get a wagon on stoat and it ultimately was what attracted sus to kdswg. I'm having a hard time seeing stoat/kdswg as w/w. When sporty was majorly in danger kdswg threw out a casual "this feels theatrical" but makes no great effort either to save her or urge her to go down. Interestingly she elected to vote cubs even though she stated sporty was her strongest wolf read.
Unfortunately the players she was attracting the most attention to are all dead now (zenge, samac, cubs, Dana) so I don't think we can clear anyone except AM (for the bussing thing). I would think there would be an effort to distance rather than completely ignoring each other on thread so I guess genny comes out of this looking the worst but it's just one data point.
 
If Bob is village somehow then I agree it makes most sense there was a wolf already on his wagon.

The wagons were close enough I just still don't really expect there would have been bussing. @Animal Midwife can you point me to the bussing in Barks's history that you're talking about? I know I've modded wolf!barks twice recently I just can't remember what happened with those packs.
 
If Bob is village somehow then I agree it makes most sense there was a wolf already on his wagon.

The wagons were close enough I just still don't really expect there would have been bussing. @Animal Midwife can you point me to the bussing in Barks's history that you're talking about? I know I've modded wolf!barks twice recently I just can't remember what happened with those packs.
I'm referring to Wedding Redux, specifically, if it's something you'd like to review for yourself.
 
Regarding me in jail: there would’ve been a really good chance I would’ve turned in the NK, the extra kill or both. And in that situation there has to be 3 OG for someone else to turn in the kills (or someone already converted).

And I would have to be absent for both nights as part of a wolf pack.

And I would have never helped out a packmate with my vote.

It starts to get to be a really thin case that people are tunneling on. The evidence against me is: sus bc I’m absent and my normal sus posts.
The last line is a little disingenuous. It does suck if you're village, I feel that myself, but the POE is the POE largely because of pushes and votes on kdswg. I haven't seen anyone say "bob is busy therefore wolf".
 
The last line is a little disingenuous. It does suck if you're village, I feel that myself, but the POE is the POE largely because of pushes and votes on kdswg. I haven't seen anyone say "bob is busy therefore wolf".
I agree, and Bob was also trying to use his inactivity as justification for why he isn't a wolf since if he were wolfing he would've tried to be around more. It feels a bit like grasping at straws.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree with True that those are the main reasons I'm village reading you but I'm still not ready to yeet you yet, so take heart!
I mean, it's still disappointing because I feel like I've been villaging as hard as I can, and while I get I was wrong on kdswg, I would hope that was worth something.

I like you guys too, though.
 
The last line is a little disingenuous. It does suck if you're village, I feel that myself, but the POE is the POE largely because of pushes and votes on kdswg. I haven't seen anyone say "bob is busy therefore wolf".
If anything, I've said multiple times that the fact that Bob wasn't around yesterday evening is one of the biggest reasons I'm willing to consider that he's not a wolf.
 
I mean, it's still disappointing because I feel like I've been villaging as hard as I can, and while I get I was wrong on kdswg, I would hope that was worth something.

I like you guys too, though.
I really don't think you're the wolf, but you are in the same bucket as me and Stoat- there is no mechanical or voting-based reason why we can't be the wolf from the perspective of people who are not us.
 
Like there is a 0% chance that I am a wolf.

>1 wolf is tricky. To me that would mean a N1 conversion. Bc N2 conversion plus extra kill seems like a lot for one night regarding amount of actions for Wolfpack
Okay, so unless there's something that can actually mechanically clear you, I want to hear about why others are more than likely to be a wolf (like wolfy progressions) instead of any more about the jailing.
 
I remember you village-reading AM, yes. But kdswg was quite absent, and you have been busy too, so not sure it follows that there would have been much chance for overlap to coordinate interacting with each other. I feel like those kinds of strategic moves also get forgotten a bit when one wolf is focusing on defending themselves from very early d1.

You've said a lot you would have been around to help her out, but can you talk about what exactly you would have done when the other leading option on the board was you?
I would’ve voted Dana D1 to protect. I would’ve voted kdswg D2 once they voted me. Would’ve just added more distance. This actually happened with chaos and me. I wouldn’t have ignored it. I would’ve been all over the village cred at that point
 
See previous reasoning

I probably might switch to Bob but I need time to mourn

I’m starting to sound like AM
Fwiw no one is howling at me right now. The Bob vote I have is one I'm not 100% sold on, it would just be clarifying for me to see the results and out of the process of elimination, it seems a valid yeet to make. If he is village then there's other progressions (Barks, Dubz, True or PSV though neither of those two seem wolfy to me; and Dubz has already been raked over before by Zenge)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The last line is a little disingenuous. It does suck if you're village, I feel that myself, but the POE is the POE largely because of pushes and votes on kdswg. I haven't seen anyone say "bob is busy therefore wolf".
I am not knocking voting me for my normal sus posts. So I am being sincere on that. And I did get sus early for being absent. Again. I say to push low posters.

But my VCA and votes don’t make me look wolfy bc I have voted you and sporty.

What makes you think I’m acting and behaving like a wolf??
 
And the Winner of the Egg Hunt Is.... ABIGAIL - D3 Tally

1644202324657.png


Bob (3) - Truey, AM, stoaty
PSV ()
True (1) - Bob
stoaty (1) - Sporty

5/9 voting
Missing: PSV, genny, Dubz, Barky

Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Monday, 2/7 (~23 hours)
 
Fwiw no one is howling at me right now. The Bob vote I have is one I'm not 100% sold on, it would just be clarifying for me to see the results and out of the process of elimination, it seems a valid yeet to make. If he is village then there's other progressions (Barks, Dubz, True or PSV though neither of those two seem wolfy to me; and Dubz has already been raked over before by Zenge)
I really don’t see how you can keep PSV on that list. And I really don’t see how you can keep True off- edit- nm- I see true on there
 
Fwiw no one is howling at me right now. The Bob vote I have is one I'm not 100% sold on, it would just be clarifying for me to see the results and out of the process of elimination, it seems a valid yeet to make. If he is village then there's other progressions (Barks, Dubz, True or PSV though neither of those two seem wolfy to me; and Dubz has already been raked over before by Zenge)
I understand the reasoning for the vote. I do not, however, understand why you’re trying to sell me so hard on it.
 
So then is your POE revised?
True- most wolfy. Mainly VCA
WZ- can’t shake my bad feels and VCA don’t help
Genny/Barks- either could bus a sinking ship
Stoat (conversion possibility- tone seems changed. I originally would’ve tipped my hat if I was fooled. Now the posts seem different. Too concrete)
PSV/Sporty- decent VCA and both poor conversion targets
AM- most village but would be a good conversion target since rest of village bloc gone
 
True- most wolfy. Mainly VCA
WZ- can’t shake my bad feels and VCA don’t help
Genny/Barks- either could bus a sinking ship
Stoat (conversion possibility- tone seems changed. I originally would’ve tipped my hat if I was fooled. Now the posts seem different. Too concrete)
PSV/Sporty- decent VCA and both poor conversion targets
AM- most village but would be a good conversion target since rest of village bloc gone
so basically everyone is a wolf
 
kdsw was already in the lead. Barks took Bob out of the lead. Those are different things.
No? This was the tally posted right before I voted:
CAST Your Votes - D2 Tally (#2129)

stardew fish.gif


Sporty (2)]- Bob, Sporty
genny (1) - Dubz
kdswg (2) - AM, cubs
Bob (3) - Truey, PSV, stoats
cubs (1) - kdswg
stoaty ()
True (1) - Barky
PSV ()
Dubz (1) - Zenge
AM ()

@BobLoblaw78, you are in the lead!
11/12 voting
Missing: @genny

Vote closes at 9pm EST (8pm CST/6pm fantasyland) on Saturday, 2/5 (<15 minutes)

Unyeet true
Yeet kdswg


Forgive me mods
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad