Successful Applicant Stats C/O 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's worse than hard, but I'm not looking back.
Yah I keep catching myself thinking about Edinburgh (technically I could still change my mind) but then go "no damn it!" Can't help but peek in the threads to see what they're up to, though. I'll go to Edinburgh's vet school vicariously I reckon.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! For those who said they wouldn't mind, would someone please send me their PS? I was working on mine yesterday and only ended up with ~1500 characters or so (I think you have something like 5000). I don't want to add fluff without it seeming verbose, but I would like to tie it all together with a theme. If I can check out someone's, I think that it would be a great help!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! For those who said they wouldn't mind, would someone please send me their PS? I was working on mine yesterday and only ended up with ~1500 characters or so (I think you have something like 5000). I don't want to add fluff without it seeming verbose, but I would like to tie it all together with a theme. If I can check out someone's, I think that it would be a great help!

Thanks!

if you email me your PS ill look over it and tell you what else you may want to talk about.

20 years old, Female, TN resident, First time applicant
BS in Animal Science (which I won't actually be getting!)

Applied: University of TN Knoxville
Interviewed/Accepted/Attending: UT Knoxville

Cumulative GPA: 3.62
Science GPA: 3.4
GRE: 660 V, 580 Q, 4.0 AW

Honors: National Society of Collegiate Scholars

Vet Experience:
600 hours small animal

Animal Experience:
200 hours zoo Herpetology intern
125 hours large animal + lifelong horse owner

Extracurricular Activities:
Fencing Club (the interviewers were interested in finding out what "fencing" meant!)

LORs:
Two vets I worked for over the summer of 2009
Herpetology Department head at the Knoxville Zoo

When I write it all down, my application does not look impressive at all. I was a 3+1 Pre-Vet student that had finished the pre-reqs, so my advisor said give it a shot. I think what really helped me was the interview--it was very laid back and I think I made a good impression. Sometimes though, I'm afraid they will take back their admission offer, because it still doesn't seem entirely real!

Fencing Club (the interviewers were interested in finding out what "fencing" meant!)

Picket, chain-link, split-rail, what's to wonder about? And then, of course, you mention a foil and they start thinking you build barriers with sandwiches or something.

As a fellow martial artist, you have my sympathy. In addition to fencing and a few hand-to-hand combat forms, I also participate in boffing (combat with weapons made of padded pvc pipe). Unfortunately, some people know only know the word "boffing" by the British definition... so I've learned to just put "mixed martial arts" on my resume :laugh:

Edit: I unthinkingly typed "mixed martial arts" just now, but the UFC thing is not what I meant... see below for explanation :oops:

Last edited:
Picket, chain-link, split-rail, what's to wonder about? And then, of course, you mention a foil and they start thinking you build barriers with sandwiches or something.

Haha, that's exactly what they said. At first they thought I was some kind of expert on different types of fences! :laugh:

I've learned to just put "mixed martial arts" on my resume :laugh:
But then don't you get UFC/Pride comments and people assuming you're some agro meat head?

Last edited:
But then don't you get UFC/Pride comments and people assuming your some agro meat head?

Oh, whoops, I just saw what I wrote and it's not what I wrote (on resumes/applications). Whoops :p Though the image of a mellow, petite student in the UFC is rather amusing. Anyway, no, that stuff is just scary.

I can't remember the exact wording, but I listed "martial arts" as the heading and then if there was space to elaborate I said I practiced a mix of forms, including [a couple better-known examples]. So I hope nobody came away with the impression that I did the UFC mixed thing... oh well, doesn't seem to have hurt me.

It was just a funny mental image:D Didn't mean to suggest that there was anything wrong with it.

Bumping this so that ANYONE who was accepted into a veterinary school may share their stats with the rest of SDN. You're in! Now give the rest of us hope. :)

I know that I'm part of the "ANYONE" mentioned, but I'd better not post. Let's just say if you work hard and stay focused in undergrad as a traditional student, you have a good chance of getting in.The whole point of this thread is to give hope and I think that this is probably the most useful thread for anyone applying.Kinda a pointless post, but I was thinking about what to write for a good 5 minutes, so I wanted to write something.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that I'm part of the "ANYONE" mentioned, but I'd better not post. Let's just say if you work hard and stay focused in undergrad as a traditional student, you have a good chance of getting in.The whole point of this thread is to give hope and I think that this is probably the most useful thread for anyone applying.Kinda a pointless post, but I was thinking about what to write for a good 5 minutes, so I wanted to write something.

Oh don't be shy! We tend to get a LOT of non-trads posting here, and I'm sure there are a bunch of traditional students wondering where they stand too.

Go ahead and post! Sometimes I think this forum is SO over-run by non-trads or those of us with unusual combinations of stats that the people who have "normal" (good GPA, average GRE, moderate amount of experience) applications get intimidated.

Not sure how I missed the MMA discussion. :lol: Boffing, now, most people do that but don't mention it on VMCAS. ;)

TT-I know I'm part of the anyone...so here ya go :p

24 years old, Female, NE resident, First time applicant
BS in Biology w/ minor in chemistry (I hate chemistry, but it was 1 extra very easy class...actually only chem class I made an A in)

Applied: Oklahoma State University as OOS
Accepted/Attending: OkSU

Cumulative undergrad GPA: 3.2, Cum Grad GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 3.7ish
GRE: 560 V, 720 Q, 4.5 AW (Verbal was 340 on my first try and then I studied) :)

Lots of Honors/Awards associated with presenting my research at regional and national meetings.

Vet Experience:
2000+ hours small/exotic animal

Animal Experience:
1000+ cattle and llama farm, research, Humane soc. volunteer

Lots of tutoring in math and sciences, camp councelor for autism camps, softball coach, science fair judging, lots of extra curricular stuff with research/zool dept.

LORs:
Two vets I worked for from 2004-2007
Current MS advisor at OkSU

I didn't have an interview with OkSU b/c I'm OOS. I feel that the only reason I got in was that I have a 4.0 in grad school and average everything else. Also, it may have helped that I am actually at OkSU doing my MS and I personally know and work with a few people from the Vet school for my project...but I like to think that it's not about who I know.

Also, it may have helped that I am actually at OkSU doing my MS and I personally know and work with a few people from the Vet school for my project...but I like to think that it's not about who I know.

The way I look at it is that even if it is because of who you know - those people still have to believe in you, and obviously you've made an impression on them! :thumbup:

I didn't have an interview with OkSU b/c I'm OOS. I feel that the only reason I got in was that I have a 4.0 in grad school and average everything else. Also, it may have helped that I am actually at OkSU doing my MS and I personally know and work with a few people from the Vet school for my project...but I like to think that it's not about who I know.

Don't sell yourself short.

You have good vet experience, good animal experience, good extracuricular activities, a good science gpa, an amazing improvement in your verbal gre. I would say you are pretty darn good all around. Exactly the kind of all-around candidate schools like to see.

Congrats, you deserved it!

If anyone wants to make a huff about applications being about "who you know"... then they'll have a hard time defending a lot of their own vet/animal experience in the first place, because connections are incredibly valuable in actually finding opportunities to shadow/work/volunteer/etc anyway, and without those connections they'd probably be SOL :)

I fought it forever but recently realized that the real world really is a lot about "who you know"... and as long as you're not portraying yourself dishonestly (cough... people that get into med school with a 2.0 and 20 MCAT just because Daddy is chief of medicine), then all the more power to you! I also second what Nyanko said. Congrats!!

"Who you know" equals "making your own luck". It's a good thing.

Thanks guys. It makes me feel a bit better about getting in. I have insecurities about "why did they pick me?" but you've made me feel better. :)

So for anyone who thinks they will never get in (which was me 3 years ago)...the moral of my story is this: go to grad school, work your ass off while still finding fun things to do, and schmooze with people in power if necessary. :)

Well here it goes.

20 years old, 3 years for prerequisites classes, 1st time applying

LA Resident

Applied and Accepted: LSU

Cumulative GPA: 4.0

GRE: Q:660, V:670 (1370)

Vet Experience: Job shadowed two vets, and worked with zoo vet technician

Animal Experience: 500+ zoo hours

Extracurricular Activities: high school student ambassador, education intern at zoo, active at church, biology club

LOR: two vets that I briefly :oops: job shadowed for a few weeks
Zoo vet technician that I worked with since I was 14
Zoo director that knew me since I was 14
Professor

I was definitely a "numbers" applicant. For the high school students just starting undergrad, enjoy your college time, but getting good grades can really help.

To all of the non-traditional students, I have always been deeply impressed by your experience and will definitely be seeking your help come this fall.

Time for sleep and tomorrow I'll see all the fun replies on that tragedy of a post.

HEY! We're nicer than you're giving us credit for! :D

Your stats are insane by the way. Congrats on your acceptance and thanks for sharing!

Sorry this has taken so long for me to post--- I tried to post it a few times a while back and my beast of a computer deleted it, twice. I decided to post it now because a friend of a friend just asked to see my personal statement and I realized that its application time for a whole new crew and that this might be helpful or at least give some people hope J.

25, F, CA resident, first time applicant
AZ born and raised; Undergrad: William and Mary

Applied: Colorado, VMRCVM, Dublin, Massey, Tufts, UC Davis, Western, Wisconsin
Rejected: Colorado, VMRCVM (they never sent the letter, I had to call and ask :p), Wisconsin, Tufts
Interviewed: Western, Davis
Waitlisted: Western, Waitlisted for an interview at Tufts
Admitted: Massey, UC Davis
Withdrew: Dublin, Western

Attending: UC Davis!!!!!!!!

GPA, my Achilles heel in the application process, my whole application approach was to draw attention elsewhere
Reported Cumulative: 3.03
Primary Undergrad Inst: 2.87 (all other institutions my GPA averages to about 3.9)
Required science (for Davis): 2.6, really. Overall science was closer to a 3.0

GRE: Verbal: 670, 95%
Quantitative: 770, 88%
Analytical: 5.5, 90%

Veterinary experience hours at application: ~5000, mostly in two places: 1) a wildlife rehabilitation center, an hour and a half away from my house, where I volunteered in the hospital and did an externship with the vet (I’ve never NOT had a good time at the wildlife center) and 2) A spinal cord injury research lab where I worked full time after college studying spinal cord injury and its possible treatments on pre-clinical, rodent models. I did a lot of animal surgeries, got a lot of great experience and was miserable at this job.
I also have a smattering of other vet experiences, just to get exposure. Also, in my essay I expressed interest in surgery so between application and interview I shadowed at a big surgical referral center to show that I’d taken the time to gain surgical experience outside of the lab and wildlife settings.

Animal experience: ~1500: Work in several labs in college; wildlife rehabilitation (including marine mammal, very fun and very smelly); wildlife research while abroad in Africa.

Community activities: A lot of volunteer experience, I think ive just always volunteered, the most interesting of this was teaching English while abroad in Africa. I also led an alternative spring break trip in college. Other community activities were things like sports, club involvement in college etc.

Other employment: 5 years on and off at a steakhouse (high school and breaks from college) as well as a smattering of other hospitality type jobs (including one at bakery for dog treats)

Honors and Awards: National Merit Finalist (funny anyone still cares when I’m 25); Fulbright Hayes Group Projects Abroad grant which covered my flight to and from Africa

LORs: PI from my lab; college professor who had me in both class and as a lab employee; Vet at wildlife center I externed/ volunteer at

I’ve always wanted to go to Davis so my application was (by and large) Davis oriented. I took a job in CA after college to get more experience and to establish CA residency. I also met with the admissions office a couple times, both by phone and in person to see what I had to do to overcome my GPA. When they told me to get experience with a wildlife vet, I committed to driving 140 mile round trip to get to a wildlife vet who worked on sundays and wouldn’t interfere with my job. To get more wildlife experience I also worked with seals and sea lions on Saturdays and for a year didn’t have weekends. Davis told me to get a high GRE score and I spent my entire two week winter vacation from work studying.
It sucked but it all paid off. In my interview at Davis they didn’t even bring up my GPA. When I did, they just kind of waved it off and said the rest of my application showed that I had put in a lot of work since college.

Sorry this has taken so long for me to post--- I tried to post it a few times a while back and my beast of a computer deleted it, twice. I decided to post it now because a friend of a friend just asked to see my personal statement and I realized that its application time for a whole new crew and that this might be helpful or at least give some people hope J.

Rejected: Colorado, VMRCVM (they never sent the letter, I had to call and ask :p), Wisconsin, Tufts

GPA, my Achilles heel in the application process, my whole application approach was to draw attention elsewhere
Primary Undergrad Inst: 2.87 (all other institutions my GPA averages to about 3.9)

Veterinary experience hours at application: ~5000, mostly in two places: 1) a wildlife rehabilitation center, an hour and a half away from my house, where I volunteered in the hospital and did an externship with the vet (I’ve never NOT had a good time at the wildlife center) and 2) A spinal cord injury research lab where I worked full time after college studying spinal cord injury and its possible treatments on pre-clinical, rodent models. I did a lot of animal surgeries, got a lot of great experience and was miserable at this job.
I also have a smattering of other vet experiences, just to get exposure. Also, in my essay I expressed interest in surgery so between application and interview I shadowed at a big surgical referral center to show that I’d taken the time to gain surgical experience outside of the lab and wildlife settings.

Animal experience: ~1500: Work in several labs in college; wildlife rehabilitation (including marine mammal, very fun and very smelly); wildlife research while abroad in Africa.

Community activities: A lot of volunteer experience, I think ive just always volunteered, the most interesting of this was teaching English while abroad in Africa. I also led an alternative spring break trip in college. Other community activities were things like sports, club involvement in college etc.

Other employment: 5 years on and off at a steakhouse (high school and breaks from college) as well as a smattering of other hospitality type jobs (including one at bakery for dog treats)

Honors and Awards: National Merit Finalist (funny anyone still cares when I’m 25); Fulbright Hayes Group Projects Abroad grant which covered my flight to and from Africa

LORs: PI from my lab; college professor who had me in both class and as a lab employee; Vet at wildlife center I externed/ volunteer at

I’ve always wanted to go to Davis so my application was (by and large) Davis oriented. I took a job in CA after college to get more experience and to establish CA residency. I also met with the admissions office a couple times, both by phone and in person to see what I had to do to overcome my GPA. When they told me to get experience with a wildlife vet, I committed to driving 140 mile round trip to get to a wildlife vet who worked on sundays and wouldn’t interfere with my job. To get more wildlife experience I also worked with seals and sea lions on Saturdays and for a year didn’t have weekends. Davis told me to get a high GRE score and I spent my entire two week winter vacation from work studying.
It sucked but it all paid off. In my interview at Davis they didn’t even bring up my GPA. When I did, they just kind of waved it off and said the rest of my application showed that I had put in a lot of work since college.

Congrats. I think yours is one of the most complete well-thought out postings and application. Well done on overcoming your undergrad and showing others how it is done!

Yay Llama Slug! You sound like a well-rounded and dedicated person. I can't wait to meet you (and everyone) in the fall. :)

Thanks guys :oops:!

Im actually blushing from all the complements.

Can't wait to start in the fall:D!

Congrats Llama Slug!!! It sounds like you were really smart with the way you went about overcoming your GPA. Shows that you don't need a post-bac or masters if you stay dedicated and strategize. Were you always good with standardized testing??? Your GRE's rock!

LlamaSlug, you are my new hero.

Way to go Llama Slug. I am soo happy for you. You have shown that a lower GPA is not a death sentence and have given me as well as a few other SDN hopefuls some hope. Thank you! And a BIG CONGRATS!!! :woot:

I think you are my twin! That is funny. You know how you search and search these threads to find that one person who got in that has the most similar stats and experience? Well I just found mine! I moved from AZ to California just last year. I do research surgeries. And I have like 10 years of restaurant experience and work as a waitress on the side now, in a steak house! And my GPA is somewhat similar. I hope Davis will see in me what they saw in you. I'm working hard to recover from a bad undergrad! Thanks for the hope! You made my year! :xf:

Thought it might be time to bump this thread back up for all you class of 2015 applicants...

And, here goes nothing...

Oklahoma resident, Female, 30 years old, first-time applicant.
B.S in Zoology from Oklahoma State University, May 2003

Applied: Oklahoma State

Interviewed: Oklahoma State
Waitlisted: Oklahoma State
Accepted: Oklahoma State
Attending: Oklahoma State

Cum GPA: 3.4
Science: 3.2
Last 45: 3.1

GRE: 1060
Bio GRE: 500

Vet Experience:
-Mixed Animal ~4400 hours (2.5 years as head technician)

-Small Animal~1000 hours (Relief technician at sister clinic)
-Diagnostics (with some research)~8300 hours (4.5 years as lab technologist)

Vet/Animal Experience:
-Primary Caretaker ~2000 hours (@ a rare and endangered species center)

-worked ~30 hours/week throughout college at Staples

-Runner’s Club

LORs:
-Mixed animal clinician I worked under.

-Small animal clinician/owner I worked under.
-Virologist I worked under at diagnostics lab.
-Director of diagnostics lab.

All four evaluators are local DVM’s.

I guess that didn't hurt too bad...kinda like ripping off a bandaid ;)

So, there you go…there is definitely hope! My GPA’s and GRE scores are far less than stellar…I think the roundabout way in which I worked for 8 years in the field and then applied for the first time pretty much sealed the deal for me. I think if you have mediocre grades you can prove your dedication by putting in lots and lots of time, having excellent LOR’s and a well thought out PS...

Honors and Awards: National Merit Finalist (funny anyone still cares when I’m 25); .

haha yay national merits! and I don't care how many cool points I lose, I plan on using my National Merit card till the day I die!

"excuse me ma'am you were speeding 30 mph over the speed limit. can I see your insurance and license please?"

"yes, I'm so sorry I was late to my national merit meeting"

"national merit? oh, well, no problem, this sort of thing happens - no need for a ticket though! slow down next time! Have a good day!"

This does happen right in real life right?? Maybe I'm a little bit too used to how well I was treated in undergrad :p

22, F, CA resident, 1st time applicant
Undergrad: UC San Diego

Applied: UC Davis, Western, Colorado State, Washington State
Rejected: Colorado, Washington, Western
Interviews: UC Davis, Western
Waitlisted: UC Davis
Attending: UC Davis!!!!!! (major luck involved, considering what number I was on the waitlist)

Cumulative GPA (@ time of application, 1 more yr of undergrad remaining): 3.42
Science GPA: 3.40 (not including one W received)
GRE: V 530, Q 700, A 4.0
V 650, Q 720, A 5.0

Vet Experience:
Small Animal ~1300 hrs
- Worked summers at a clinic as a vet tech since I was a junior in high school
- Vet tech at another SA clinic for 1 quarter during school
- Volunteer at another SA clinic for 2 quarters
- 1 week trip to Loreto, Mexico with World Vets to perform free spays/neuters and medical procedures at the local animal shelter
Small Animal Emergency ~40 hrs
- Volunteered at an emergency/specialty clinic for 1 quarter (went back to work with their avian/exotics vet my senior yr)
Wildlife Rehab ~270 hrs
- Medical externship at a wildlife rehab facility with their on-site vet plus volunteering afterwards

Animal Experience:
Wildlife Rehab ~50 hrs
- Animal care at a wildlife rehab facility
Marine Mammal ~15 hrs (Very few, but I put it on my app anyway!)
- Some feedings and cleaning at a rehab facility

LORs:
- 2 vets at the small animal clinic I've been working at for 5 yrs (I've heard that it is sometimes frowned upon to get 2 recommendations from the same place?)
- wildlife vet I did my externship with

Extracurriculars:
Wushu (Chinese martial arts)

In terms of my academic record, I had withdrawn from one class and it was overall pretty inconsistent (getting worse). I explained why on the application and wasn't asked about it during my interview (at Davis).

I worked really hard to get my hours in, which means a lot of the time I had no life during the summers (especially the summer I went to Mexico, worked, and did the wildlife externship; incidentally, the summer I was applying). I always planned out my summers ahead since I had the most free time then. I also tried really hard to get a variety of experience - much research and phone calls. I only had small animal (daytime practice) experience up until my junior year in undergrad, when I started getting into wildlife.

Davis has been my number one for so many years that I still don't believe I'm going in about a month!

Hope this helps some of you...

Last edited:
Attending: UC Davis!!!!!! (major luck involved, considering what number I was on the waitlist)

What rank were you, if you don't mind me asking? Or what digits?

Yah I keep catching myself thinking about Edinburgh (technically I could still change my mind) but then go "no damn it!" Can't help but peek in the threads to see what they're up to, though. I'll go to Edinburgh's vet school vicariously I reckon.

It's crossed my mind to do a rotation at Edinburgh my 4th year...

What rank were you, if you don't mind me asking? Or what digits?

Don't mind at all. I was 8, with 11 people declining the offer before getting to the waitlist (since they had overaccepted 11). I was actually the last one to get accepted into the class.... you can imagine my shock, especially when I was told there was pretty much no chance! I had even already planned out what I was going to do before reapplying.

So with the waitlist, anything's possible. :laugh:

Don't mind at all. I was 8, with 11 people declining the offer before getting to the waitlist (since they had overaccepted 11). I was actually the last one to get accepted into the class.... you can imagine my shock, especially when I was told there was pretty much no chance! I had even already planned out what I was going to do before reapplying.

So with the waitlist, anything's possible. :laugh:

wow that is so great!!! probably will be your best summer right? lol I am so happy for you!!

This isn't my first post, I had an account here before but I can't remember the login.

24, F, CA resident, 1st time applicant
Undergrad: UC Irvine

Applied: Davis, Glasgow, Dublin, Penn, Wisconsin, Edinburgh
Rejected: Davis, Glasgow, Penn, Wisconsin, Edinburgh
Waitlisted: Dublin
Attending: Dublin :luck:

Cumulative GPA drum roll please... 2.836. Took an immuno class after and got an A. Also got an A in a micro bio lab and lec but that was after the application was due.
Science GPA: 2.842 (bio classes were high but physics and some of the chem didn't help)

Vet Experience:
(The application asked for the quantity in terms of days)
~550 days: Spinal cord injury research using rat and mouse models. I had 3 separate positions in this lab (undergraduate researcher, then lab helper and finally full-time lab tech). This job was very hands-on: lots of surgery, pre/post-op care and behavior testing along with bench work as well. Llamaslug was my co-worker and we helped each other through the hell that was this job. The work was amazing but the environment turned us into walking soul-less skeletons.
~26 days: Spent Sundays at a small animal clinic. It was fairly understaffed which meant that I had a lot of hands-on work but it also meant that I was my own teacher sometimes.
-I had a few other random vet experiences as well but they're not worth mentioning.
-After the application I began volunteering at an equine hospital so that I could have 3 major fields of vet med experience. I notified the Atlantic Bridge (Dublin's North American application service) and they said that they would include the note in the application. They are very helpful and very nice people to work with.

Animal Experience:
-English show jumping from childhood through high school
-Horse trainer assistant (kept horse health records and helped manage things at the barn while the trainer was away for shows.
-.National Animal Health Emergency Response Corps . (government job). They have a list of animal care professionals to call in case of large-scale emergencies like Katrina etc. I was never called but it was nice to have on my application.
-Pet sitting and bearded dragon breeding (very small scale) :)

LORs:
-PI from brain-computer interface lab (who was also my professor for 2 classes)
-PI from spinal cord injury lab

Dublin only wanted two letters, my other VMCAS apps had letters from my horse trainer and an equine vet.

Extracurriculars:
Undergraduate researcher:
-Biomedical engineering lab--rat and chick embryo dissections, neuron culture and fabrication of microfluidic culture devices.
-Brain-Computer Interface lab--using electrode caps and EEG to allow people to communicate via a computer when completely paralyzed.
-Various volunteering jobs for charities sprinkled throughout life

Sun and Ski club in high school
National Student Leadership Conference
Academic Sorority (only 2 quarters, wasn't for me)
Job shadowing MDs in high school and college
Smattering of academic awards

I feel like applying through Atlantic Bridge rather than VMCAS helped in my case. It would have been so easy to just click the box next to Dublin but I did their separate application instead. Maybe this showed them some extra effort? Their application is pretty free-form. I was able to stick everything I wanted in there because they didn't have word limits (unlike the dreaded VMCAS--how are we supposed to convey how an experience shaped us with those damn limits?!). Since they were the only ones seeing it, I was also able to tailor it to their program and show that they were my first choice. I even mentioned an interest in Irish history/ literature in my personal statement.

Anywho, I never thought I'd get in on my first try. I was going to take a year to strengthen my application or even get a post-bac. Then I thought about how great if would be if I did get in this year.

Hopefully this helps some of you! I remember reading this thread before and thinking that I didn't have a chance.

Thanks! It's been pretty useful having a varied background that's focused on neuroscience :)

It's crossed my mind to do a rotation at Edinburgh my 4th year...
It's crossed my mind as well. I'll definitely be studying abroad for at least a portion of my vet school (or well, I'll definitely try to...) it's just a matter of where. It would seem kind of counter-productive though to just go to another country that closely resembles the US in terms of medical procedures.