Texas A&M c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine still is not working. Does anyone happen to have an email address that's being answered in the event it doesn't go up for me later today? I have one more final exam and then I'm leaving town, so email seems easier than calling.

I emailed “[email protected]” yesterday night, and they responded this morning.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know how many people get invited to interview?

Does anybody know how many people get invited to interview?

IIRC approximately 250 applicants (IS and OOS combined) get invited to the interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So in looking at past admissions statistics, for 2017 it said only 16 OOS applicants interviewed for 11 seats out of 478 qualified apps, 24 for 14 seats out of 550 in 2016. That all the OSS interviews they do? Nothing for last year. Anyone know the stats for 2018?

So in looking at past admissions statistics, for 2017 it said only 16 OOS applicants interviewed for 11 seats out of 478 qualified apps, 24 for 14 seats out of 550 in 2016. That all the OSS interviews they do? Nothing for last year. Anyone know the stats for 2018?

They only admit about 10 OOS applicants, so 14-16 is about how many OOS applicants they would interview.

Since it appears that everyone received responses Tuesday last week whether accepted for interviews, alternate or rejected, does absolute silence mean I’m in some fourth category? I’ve heard nothing since confirming the supplemental application was received. Does it not seem strange that I’ve heard nothing? Anyone else in the same situation?

Since it appears that everyone received responses Tuesday last week whether accepted for interviews, alternate or rejected, does absolute silence mean I’m in some fourth category? I’ve heard nothing since confirming the supplemental application was received. Does it not seem strange that I’ve heard nothing? Anyone else in the same situation?

I would call Yolanda! She is the admissions coordinator.

I have not heard a thing from them either.
I am a Texas resident and I put in Texas A&M as a fallback.
Did you make a phone call to the admission's office?
I am in Germany and it is kind of hard for me to make phone calls. If you happen to know anything, please let me know.

That does seem strange. Call the admissions office today. Yolanda will most likely answer and be able to help! Best of luck!

That does seem strange. Call the admissions office today. Yolanda will most likely answer and be able to help! Best of luck!
tried to call but it went straight to the voice mail.
is Yolanda Brinkman the right name?
I do not see her phone number but a link to her/his email.
I guess I should email then.

Thanks for the advice.

tried to call but it went straight to the voice mail.
is Yolanda Brinkman the right name?
I do not see her phone number but a link to her/his email.
I guess I should email then.

Thanks for the advice.
Yes, Yolanda Brinkman is the admissions coordinator. Hopefully they are just out for lunch. Maybe try sending an email and try calling again in a couple of hours.

I think the original communication from them in email and on website was that Dec 20 was decision day. Confused that there seem to have been decisions ahead of Friday.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the interview invite email last Tuesday which I think were the first ones that went out. Maybe they do it in waves.

That was my initial thought, but this seems like a really long break between sets! (surfing - waves - you know...;))

Well it was apparently an email glitch having something to do with my ISP. Affected others as well, so if anyone hasn’t heard anything definitely call or email Admissions right away since everything was sent out last week. Frustrating, but Yolanda is looking into it and hopefully this will work out.

I have not heard a thing from them either.
I am a Texas resident and I put in Texas A&M as a fallback.
Did you make a phone call to the admission's office?
I am in Germany and it is kind of hard for me to make phone calls. If you happen to know anything, please let me know.
I hope you were able to contact Yolanda as well. If the message didn’t show up in your spam folder you may have had the same kind of email problem I did. Just knowing status would be nice!

Well it was apparently an email glitch having something to do with my ISP. Affected others as well, so if anyone hasn’t heard anything definitely call or email Admissions right away since everything was sent out last week. Frustrating, but Yolanda is looking into it and hopefully this will work out.
OOS rejected. But at least now I know! Sounds like they’ve been having serious issues in getting word out to many. Should use that portal...

I was working 12 hour shift today and I asked my family member to contact the admission's office.
after multiple emails and phone calls, I got my answer.
I sent out the supplemental application fee via mail and it must have been lost as I am currently in Germany with a military order.
They FINALLY sent me an automated email saying my fee has not arrived TODAY and a few minutes later, Yolanda sent me an email saying that if that was an error contact her directly.

my family member called her and she said, UNLESS I have a proof I sent it before, all my application will be VOID.

I effing used regular mail and a check.

It would have been super nice IF
1. they accepted electronic payment or
2. they said we should send it via certified mail or
3. they sent out the automated email; to request the fee again, MONTHS ago.

I guess I should give up at this point but it makes my blood boil that they made bunch of loopholes in their application system.

I basically wasted hundreds of dollars and a year in my career path.

Hope there are no other people who are having same issues with me.

Does anyone know if A&M will change your interview date? I have another scheduled on the same day. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this before?

Happy holidays everyone. Here’s wishing everyone a great 2020 and that we all get an acceptance to A&M! Class of 2024!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if/when we will get an interview day itinerary sent to us?

Does anyone know if/when we will get an interview day itinerary sent to us?

IIRC, we won’t get an itinerary. There isn’t much going on during the interview days besides the tour, the interviews, and the dinner/banquet in the evenings.

Does anyone know what the dress code for the dinner is?

IIRC, we won’t get an itinerary. There isn’t much going on during the interview days besides the tour, the interviews, and the dinner/banquet in the evenings.
Thank you! I just thought maybe they’d send us a document with all the times and what our day would look like. Along with dress code for dinner and things like that.

Hey guys, if my interview invite says 8am, is that check in time or start the first station time? Just trying to plan when to arrive since I live a couple of hours away and can't stay in College Station the night before.
Thanks!

Hey guys, if my interview invite says 8am, is that check in time or start the first station time? Just trying to plan when to arrive since I live a couple of hours away and can't stay in College Station the night before.
Thanks!

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm 7am, so I'm thinking surely they couldn't expect people to arrive much earlier than that?

Thanks!

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm 7am, so I'm thinking surely they couldn't expect people to arrive much earlier than that?

It's the time you have to check-in by! There are two mandatory orientation sessions (~1 hr total) you have to attend before your interview starts. After the first presentation concludes, you will be led to another room where Dr. Cornell will review the MMI process. Then, Dr. Cornell will lead your interview group to the interview location, so your interview will technically start approx. an hour after your check-in time. I hope that makes sense!

It's the time you have to check-in by! There are two mandatory orientation sessions (~1 hr total) you have to attend before your interview starts. After the first presentation concludes, you will be led to another room where Dr. Cornell will review the MMI process. Then, Dr. Cornell will lead your interview group to the interview location, so your interview will technically start approx. an hour after your check-in time. I hope that makes sense!

Thank you so much! I assumed if they wanted us significantly before the given time, they'd say so, but.... heaven knows things have been a bit disorganized on their end this year.

So I just called and the dress code for dinner is casual; they said something like jeans and a shirt.

Does anyone know if they require you to send in your fall transcripts?

Does anyone know if they require you to send in your fall transcripts?

They do! They’ll give you the date you need to submit it by after your interview.

Does anyone have info on how many OOS applicants are waitlisted after the interview? Looking at their admission stats, it looks like about half of OOS applicants who interview are are accepted, but there's no info on how many of those were off waitlist or directly accepted. I should probably chill, but it's hard not to stress :arghh:

Good luck to everyone interviewing tomorrow! Y'all are going to do amazing!!!! :heckyeah:

Hey Guys! I purchased GroundShuttle passes from the airport to TAMU but have since changed my travel plans. If anyone still needs shuttle passes I'll sell them to you discounted since they authorize "credit" transfer but no refunds. (For current students the value is good for one year).

Does anyone know where to find our interview times?? :arghh:

Does anyone know where to find our interview times?? :arghh:

I think if you contact admissions either email or call they should be able to help you! Idk if you will be able to contact them and get a response back in time though for tomorrow but it’s definitely worth a shot!

I think if you contact admissions either email or call they should be able to help you! Idk if you will be able to contact them and get a response back in time though for tomorrow but it’s definitely worth a shot!
Thank you! I had a difficult time confirming the interview and forgot to write down the time ... I'm going in early tomorrow to ask.

Transcripts are due January 15th to TMDSAS. TMDSAS does not accept electronic transcripts, only physical! Yolanda said that the sooner transcripts are sent in, the sooner we will hear back.

Transcripts are due January 15th to TMDSAS. TMDSAS does not accept electronic transcripts, only physical! Yolanda said that the sooner transcripts are sent in, the sooner we will hear back.
Like we have to have them sent off by January 15? Or they have to be received by January 15? Bc tmdsas was closed from 12/24-1/01 and they say it takes up to 21 days to have your transcript received and processed :confused:

Like we have to have them sent off by January 15? Or they have to be received by January 15? Bc tmdsas was closed from 12/24-1/01 and they say it takes up to 21 days to have your transcript received and processed :confused:

I’m not sure! :/ That’s what they told me after the interview. I graduated a couple years ago, so I don’t know anything about sending in Fall transcripts unfortunately. I’m thinking that A&M wants the transcripts sent by the 15th, but I’d double check w/ Yolanda just to be sure. Last year, I got a paper stating this information after the interview, but I didn’t receive that this year.

IMG_8530.JPG

This is what the letter I received last year at the interview stated.

Is the dinner of Friday or Saturday? Just trying to adjust my travel schedule since I’m coming from Tallahassee.

View attachment 291733

This is what the letter I received last year at the interview stated.
Ok that makes sense! The way the paper reads too makes me think just make sure to have it sent out by that deadline. Especially since we can’t change how long the tmdsas processing times are. And yeah same I wish they had done the sheets this year w the info and pre req stuff.

Does anyone know if we were to call the school if they would give us the names of our interviewers that day?

Does anyone know if we were to call the school if they would give us the names of our interviewers that day?
I personally would not. While it is nice you want to have as many cards in your hands to be prepared as possible, this is not the point of an interview. First impressions are something that is a daily occurrence in our profession. Just put your best foot forward and do your best. It is about getting to know you. Show them. It is not about them.

I was going to send one thank you note to the admissions committee.

oh, did you guys already interview? Yeah, while thank you's are nice, it is not something to send out individually. :)

Yeah! In-state interviews were completed yesterday and friday. I think OOS interviews are on this upcoming saturday.