Texas A&M c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And even more TMDSAS drama!

I got a call yesterday from admissions informing me that they don't have my fall transcript yet and that, if it isn't received by the 27th, I can no longer be considered for admission. I requested my transcript from A&M (undergrad) while I was at the interview on January 3rd - A&M wasn't taking orders for fall transcripts until the 2nd anyway, and I wasn't sure if it went directly to the vet school or to TMDSAS. A&M printed it on Monday the 6th and mailed it to TMDSAS on the 7th. From there... nothing's happened. TMDSAS just tells me they have a "substantial backlog of transcripts" that they're processing. I explain this to the A&M admissions rep, who seemed rather clueless on what to do. I told her I was happy to bring it directly to the school if that would help. "Oh, no, we can't process them anyway, we'd just have to mail it to TMDSAS." Okay. So what does she suggest? "I guess just keep checking, and... I don't know." Thanks. Really. My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer (actually, the day before my interview - how's that for timing?) and has surgery scheduled for next week, and my cat was diagnosed with lymphoma on Friday and needs to work in some appointments with the vet... I guess around my mother's surgery. Chasing down a transcript isn't high on my list right now, but I guess this is where we are. It would just be nice if A&M had some idea on what they actually wanted done. My magic wand is clearly not working this month.

Anyway, rant over. I appreciate the opportunity to vent. :smack:
 
And even more TMDSAS drama!

I got a call yesterday from admissions informing me that they don't have my fall transcript yet and that, if it isn't received by the 27th, I can no longer be considered for admission. I requested my transcript from A&M (undergrad) while I was at the interview on January 3rd - A&M wasn't taking orders for fall transcripts until the 2nd anyway, and I wasn't sure if it went directly to the vet school or to TMDSAS. A&M printed it on Monday the 6th and mailed it to TMDSAS on the 7th. From there... nothing's happened. TMDSAS just tells me they have a "substantial backlog of transcripts" that they're processing. I explain this to the A&M admissions rep, who seemed rather clueless on what to do. I told her I was happy to bring it directly to the school if that would help. "Oh, no, we can't process them anyway, we'd just have to mail it to TMDSAS." Okay. So what does she suggest? "I guess just keep checking, and... I don't know." Thanks. Really. My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer (actually, the day before my interview - how's that for timing?) and has surgery scheduled for next week, and my cat was diagnosed with lymphoma on Friday and needs to work in some appointments with the vet... I guess around my mother's surgery. Chasing down a transcript isn't high on my list right now, but I guess this is where we are. It would just be nice if A&M had some idea on what they actually wanted done. My magic wand is clearly not working this month.

Anyway, rant over. I appreciate the opportunity to vent. :smack:
Ugh, I'm so sorry. Definitely stress you don't need right now 🙁 Sending you hugs and good wishes!
 
And even more TMDSAS drama!

I got a call yesterday from admissions informing me that they don't have my fall transcript yet and that, if it isn't received by the 27th, I can no longer be considered for admission. I requested my transcript from A&M (undergrad) while I was at the interview on January 3rd - A&M wasn't taking orders for fall transcripts until the 2nd anyway, and I wasn't sure if it went directly to the vet school or to TMDSAS. A&M printed it on Monday the 6th and mailed it to TMDSAS on the 7th. From there... nothing's happened. TMDSAS just tells me they have a "substantial backlog of transcripts" that they're processing. I explain this to the A&M admissions rep, who seemed rather clueless on what to do. I told her I was happy to bring it directly to the school if that would help. "Oh, no, we can't process them anyway, we'd just have to mail it to TMDSAS." Okay. So what does she suggest? "I guess just keep checking, and... I don't know." Thanks. Really. My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer (actually, the day before my interview - how's that for timing?) and has surgery scheduled for next week, and my cat was diagnosed with lymphoma on Friday and needs to work in some appointments with the vet... I guess around my mother's surgery. Chasing down a transcript isn't high on my list right now, but I guess this is where we are. It would just be nice if A&M had some idea on what they actually wanted done. My magic wand is clearly not working this month.

Anyway, rant over. I appreciate the opportunity to vent. :smack:
I’m so sorry to hear this. Makes the issues I had irrelevant. I wish you strength and hope you get through this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And it continues.

I contacted TMDSAS immediately after receiving the call on Friday, and, since that call was actually late Friday afternoon (why does anyone call with urgent business at a time like that anyway?), they didn't get back to me until this morning. They finally admitted that they probably lost my transcript. I send this on to Yolanda, along with a copy of the receipt from when I ordered the transcript over interview weekend, and ask what she'd like me to do.

She's clearly upset, telling me that I need to overnight a new copy of the transcript to TMDSAS, and that it's urgent I get all of this resolved by tomorrow morning because it's already late. She points out that transcripts are important and were due on the 15th; I remind her that I expressed concern over TMDSAS being slow when I talked to her on the 14th and that she told me not to worry, but no matter. So I got to reschedule my mother's pre-surgery evaluation appointment (and feel like the absolute lowest human being ever to walk the planet), camp out in the TAMU Registrar's office, and dump another $50 toward this nightmare, but... maybe that'll do it.

I'm just really tired of this process. It shouldn't be so hard.
 
*hugs* I'm so sorry this is happening to you. 🙁 I feel like you shouldn't be penalized for something that is obviously beyond your control! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

I appreciate everyone being supportive. For what it's worth, TMDSAS has assured me that they'll be watching for FedEx and process my transcript immediately. The TAMU registrar staff was also absolutely fantastic. I'm sure Yolanda and the crew at the vet school are just incredibly stressed and overwhelmed, so I'm hoping they come through as well.
 
I found Yolanda and the admissions Group to be very helpful and understanding but that TMDAS system needs some improvement.

I've had the same experience up until this, so that's why I'm assuming they're overwhelmed at the moment. I talked to a lot of people at interview weekend who had transcripts lost or misfiled by TMDSAS, so it seems like it shouldn't be a shock that it would happen in this round, too. Hopefully it'll all be resolved in the next day or two!
 
Apparently the tradition is that it's the date in February that corresponds to the entrance year - so for us, February 20th. I'm not sure I buy that, but probably around that time frame.
 
c/o 2019 and 2020 heard back Feb 18th
c/o 2021 Feb 27th
c/o 2022 Feb 22nd
c/o 2023 Feb 25th

That makes a lot more sense. One of the people who was swearing by the "date matches the entrance year" anecdote was insisting he'd heard on the 19th, but he texted me with the news on the 25th. I think it becomes a blur once they hear something!

I do imagine we'll hear something that last week of February. As overwhelmed as they've been this cycle, they got the interview invites out early, so I doubt final decisions will be later than the norm. So... less than a month left of waiting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG I'm in!!! I'm in total shock. How'd everyone else fare? I'm surprised there are no posts here - did emails just go out?
It’s the least they could do for you considering all you went through with your transcripts and all. Very happy everything worked out well for you.
 
It’s the least they could do for you considering all you went through with your transcripts and all. Very happy everything worked out well for you.

I was so glad to see your good news as well, given the struggle you had with the weather for your interview. I was texting a friend from undergrad who was also graced with good news today - turns out TMDSAS and A&M did the same thing to her regarding her transcript. I'm so grateful that we won't have to endure these messes for another cycle.
 
I had to laugh. My acceptance letter stated I had 1 missing pre-req to fulfill....organic 1??? How could I have completed orgo 2, biochem, labs, etc without orgo 1??? This was new since last time it was about statistics. I know I’m good and have the email from Yolanda to prove it saying all my pre-reqs are in order, but this school should really review this whole application process and proof read these important life changing emails before sending. Makes me wonder how many applicants get rejected because of this process and never get the opportunity to correct it. Another call needed on Monday. I’m ecstatic and honored to receive a spot but it doesn’t make you feel too confident in the system. I’d hope they don’t keep tract of your grades in the same manner.
 
I had to laugh. My acceptance letter stated I had 1 missing pre-req to fulfill....organic 1??? How could I have completed orgo 2, biochem, labs, etc without orgo 1??? This was new since last time it was about statistics. I know I’m good and have the email from Yolanda to prove it saying all my pre-reqs are in order, but this school should really review this whole application process and proof read these important life changing emails before sending. Makes me wonder how many applicants get rejected because of this process and never get the opportunity to correct it. Another call needed on Monday. I’m ecstatic and honored to receive a spot but it doesn’t make you feel too confident in the system. I’d hope they don’t keep tract of your grades in the same manner.

You overachiever you. Who needs stereochemistry?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just went to the office and they said that this year they are not mailing out anything and are only using email.
 
Okay! I emailed her on Friday. So I’m not sure if I will hear back but I’m sure she is really busy so maybe later this week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad