Texas A&M c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are people taking their guests/parents with them at their interview time or having them come later after the interview for the lunch and tour?

Members don't see this ad.

Are people taking their guests/parents with them at their interview time or having them come later after the interview for the lunch and tour?

I took my mom with me to check in. They have a place for parents to stay while you interview. My mom ended up going shopping and then swinging back around to join me for a tour and dinner.

Reactions: 1 user
For all the OOS interviewees, anyone watching the weather forecast for TX on Friday evening into Saturday morning. Could have a huge impact on flights and driving. Anyone know how the A&M handles this if Airports get shuts or there’s severe storms in the area?

Members don't see this ad :)
For all the OOS interviewees, anyone watching the weather forecast for TX on Friday evening into Saturday morning. Could have a huge impact on flights and driving. Anyone know how the A&M handles this if Airports get shuts or there’s severe storms in the area?

Honestly, you'll probably be okay. It's supposed to be bad, but mostly in brief bouts on Friday afternoon. I suspect you'll be able to get here, you just might face delays. I live down the street from the vet school - I'm happy to provide updates as we get a bit closer if that would help anyone.

I know the interview thing is super stressful (I'm SO glad it's over on the in-state side!). I don't think you need to add stress due to weather. Hang in there, and best of luck this weekend!

Honestly, you'll probably be okay. It's supposed to be bad, but mostly in brief bouts on Friday afternoon. I suspect you'll be able to get here, you just might face delays. I live down the street from the vet school - I'm happy to provide updates as we get a bit closer if that would help anyone.

I know the interview thing is super stressful (I'm SO glad it's over on the in-state side!). I don't think you need to add stress due to weather. Hang in there, and best of luck this weekend!
Thank you. I’m flying in from NJ tomorrow and my flight leaves at 6:30pm. I’ve tried to move it up but no luck so far. Not a lot of options to College Station...all connections. Even if I could get to Houston or Dallas I would drive the rest of the way. NJ/NY airports are so crowded getting last minute flights are impossible Whatever updates you have would be great. I’m exploring all options just in case...even flying south to Tennessee then driving to TX!!! If I can get a flight. Nothing like stress.

Thank you. I’m flying in from NJ tomorrow and my flight leaves at 6:30pm. I’ve tried to move it up but no luck so far. Not a lot of options to College Station...all connections. Even if I could get to Houston or Dallas I would drive the rest of the way. NJ/NY airports are so crowded getting last minute flights are impossible Whatever updates you have would be great. I’m exploring all options just in case...even flying south to Tennessee then driving to TX!!! If I can get a flight. Nothing like stress.

They may delay you - it wouldn't surprise me if they held you in Dallas for a bit (if they're being practical, but I guess airlines aren't always practical!). If you get stuck in either Dallas or Houston, those drives aren't terrible (Houston is obviously closer, but it's not like you necessarily get to pick). Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you need help getting in - the bad weather really should be fairly brief, but the timing of your flight might put you right in it. Deep breaths, it'll be okay!

They may delay you - it wouldn't surprise me if they held you in Dallas for a bit (if they're being practical, but I guess airlines aren't always practical!). If you get stuck in either Dallas or Houston, those drives aren't terrible (Houston is obviously closer, but it's not like you necessarily get to pick). Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you need help getting in - the bad weather really should be fairly brief, but the timing of your flight might put you right in it. Deep breaths, it'll be okay!
Thanks!!!!!

Okay, what I'm hearing so far... Apparently, it's hitting Dallas harder than anticipated, so DFW is already starting to cancel flights and close schools early. If your flight is going through the DFW airport, you're going to want to start looking at your options. DFW is notorious about shutting down the airport due to weather situations, so I guess I'm not shocked. That doesn't help you, though!

Aside from that, they're still anticipating that it'll be rough here this evening until about midnight, and then it'll clear out and be fine. Giving the timing of your flight, that's obviously not good for you, and it's quite possible you won't get a lot of sleep, but I wouldn't panic just yet.

Okay, what I'm hearing so far... Apparently, it's hitting Dallas harder than anticipated, so DFW is already starting to cancel flights and close schools early. If your flight is going through the DFW airport, you're going to want to start looking at your options. DFW is notorious about shutting down the airport due to weather situations, so I guess I'm not shocked. That doesn't help you, though!

Aside from that, they're still anticipating that it'll be rough here this evening until about midnight, and then it'll clear out and be fine. Giving the timing of your flight, that's obviously not good for you, and it's quite possible you won't get a lot of sleep, but I wouldn't panic just yet.
Thanks for the updates. Shockingly enough I was able to get a flight into Houston which landed at 8:30pm. Then drove to College Station through the hardest downpours I’ve ever seen!! But my father and I made it. Yolanda at the school was very helpful and emailed me throughout the day checking on my status. Now I can focus on my interview. I can’t thank you enough for your weather reports.

Thanks for the updates. Shockingly enough I was able to get a flight into Houston which landed at 8:30pm. Then drove to College Station through the hardest downpours I’ve ever seen!! But my father and I made it. Yolanda at the school was very helpful and emailed me throughout the day checking on my status. Now I can focus on my interview. I can’t thank you enough for your weather reports.

I'm so glad you made it safely. Storms like that aren't terribly common here (at least, there are way fewer severe storms than I dealt with living in DFW), so it's unfortunate you'd get so unlucky on that front. I hope all goes well from here on out. Good luck with the interview!

I was so nervous for the first room that I definitely bombed that first one. I think I recovered okay, but it definitely wasn't one of the interviews where I felt like I 100% aced it. I'm kind of worried. I thought the prompts were fair, but some were quite difficult to think of solid answers in those little 2 minutes.

I think I did OK. I felt I answered the questions to the best of my ability but I was nervous for the first one. I was a little unfamiliar with this process as all my other interviews were more conversational and about getting to know me and about my experiences. I found it challenging to talk for 6 minutes straight. I answered the questions to the point but didn’t want to ramble on just to fill up the time. Once I got past my main points that was where it became more difficult. But to put everyone’s minds at ease no one came out of the interviews saying they did great and nailed it. All sentiments were the same. All in all I counted 36 applicants but I’m not sure for how many OSS seats now that they are increasing the class size but I’m sure they over accept a bit. I guess it’s now up to our interviewers to decide our fate. Now we all keep our fingers crossed. On a side note the student ambassadors were a great group!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else just receive a missing prereq email for courses you've already taken? I graduated with my bachelor's in 2017 and it says I'm missing gen chem 2 and ochem!

Did anyone else just receive a missing prereq email for courses you've already taken? I graduated with my bachelor's in 2017 and it says I'm missing gen chem 2 and ochem!
Yes! They've told me I'm missing a bunch of pre-reqs that I've already taken like Stats and English??? I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm going to call in the morning because there's no way that's correct.

I did also. Missing 2 classes that I took 2years ago.

I saw on past threads that this has happened in previous years. I just sent an email about my erroneous email. Please share whatever you hear. I think we have enough stress!!!

I got an email indicating that I'm missing 3 hours of English. I knew that wasn't true, so I called Yolanda. She says the system is being terribly glitchy. Don't panic - you're probably all fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the animal nutrition pre-req is now a mandatory requirement? I know it was “strongly recommended” and you received extra points if it was complete, but it’s flagged as deficient on my application.

Follow Up: If they release offers in February, would I have time to complete the Kansas or Oklahoma course by May? (CA - doesn’t offer classes)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the animal nutrition pre-req is now a mandatory requirement? I know it was “strongly recommended” and you received extra points if it was complete, but it’s flagged as deficient on my application.

Follow Up: If they release offers in February, would I have time to complete the Kansas or Oklahoma course by May? (CA - doesn’t offer classes)
Animal nutrition has been a required course for several years now by the veterinary program at A&M. It's a prerequisite, so you need to take it before May 31st, 2020 in order to matriculate in the class. The six extra points is only granted to an applicant if he or she completes all pre-requisites (including animal nutrition) before submitting their TMDSAS application.

I've just received an email from them stating my pre-reqs are all in order except my statistics course is "lower-level", and they require a higher level stats course? I was never aware of this, but I'm sending them the syllabus because I really don't want to retake this course.

I've just received an email from them stating my pre-reqs are all in order except my statistics course is "lower-level", and they require a higher level stats course? I was never aware of this, but I'm sending them the syllabus because I really don't want to retake this course.

I'm still blown away that they're hanging on to this requirement. I was fortunate and was made aware of this fairly early - after I'd taken stats at a community college, but a few semesters before graduation. I ended up taking their "higher level" stats course at A&M.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the prof you get, but in my experience... The community college class? Somewhat challenging, especially the second half. The A&M class? Most ridiculously easy thing I've ever taken. The material? Almost identical... except the community college class covered more topics in a lot more detail.

I really hope they don't give you a hard time over this. It's rather nuts, and the equivalent courses across universities are so inconsistent in difficulty and topics covered that it seems silly. The equivalent course at UNT was heavily calc-based and notoriously difficult, so I'm glad I waited and took it after my transfer, but it hardly seems right.

I'm still blown away that they're hanging on to this requirement. I was fortunate and was made aware of this fairly early - after I'd taken stats at a community college, but a few semesters before graduation. I ended up taking their "higher level" stats course at A&M.

I'm sure it has a lot to do with the prof you get, but in my experience... The community college class? Somewhat challenging, especially the second half. The A&M class? Most ridiculously easy thing I've ever taken. The material? Almost identical... except the community college class covered more topics in a lot more detail.

I really hope they don't give you a hard time over this. It's rather nuts, and the equivalent courses across universities are so inconsistent in difficulty and topics covered that it seems silly. The equivalent course at UNT was heavily calc-based and notoriously difficult, so I'm glad I waited and took it after my transfer, but it hardly seems right.
Thank you! I've just read descriptions of courses that TAM would accept from their own school, and they are the exact concepts we learned in my supposedly lower level class. I'm really hoping they accept the syllabus because I've already graduated and don't want to enroll just to take stats over again. It's a bit frustrating because if I'd known, I'd of course taken a stats course that was "higher-level".

I received this email also and are sending the syllabus. I took a biology statistics class that was required as part of my major and was a very difficult class worth 4 credit hours and was an upper level class. A higher level stat course at my university would be exactly the same class. The prerequisites requirements state 3 hours of statistics and nothing about higher level. Keep me updated what u find out and and I’ll do the same.

I'm really not a fan of how they're handling things this year. On one hand, I don't object to it being an applicant's responsibility to make sure he or she completes all the prereqs. On the other... it's a confusing system, and most applicants are trying to keep up with differing prereqs for multiple schools. A&M's prereq website does indicate that statistics is a class that "must be found at a 4-year institution only," but it seems like a bit of a mental leap to assume that applicants would know that it must also carry a 300/3000 or 400/4000 course number, be found within a math/stats department only, or whatever hoops they're making you all navigate now. The equivalent course site is really only helpful if you're at a school in state.

I do wish they'd sent out the prereq letters back in November like they've done in previous years - if not for all of us, then at least for those of you from out of state. I feel it's rather cruel to have you go to the time and expense to travel for the interview... only to be told that you didn't meet the prereqs AFTER the semester has already started and it's too late to do much about it.

I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm really not a fan of how they're handling things this year. On one hand, I don't object to it being an applicant's responsibility to make sure he or she completes all the prereqs. On the other... it's a confusing system, and most applicants are trying to keep up with differing prereqs for multiple schools. A&M's prereq website does indicate that statistics is a class that "must be found at a 4-year institution only," but it seems like a bit of a mental leap to assume that applicants would know that it must also carry a 300/3000 or 400/4000 course number, be found within a math/stats department only, or whatever hoops they're making you all navigate now. The equivalent course site is really only helpful if you're at a school in state.

I do wish they'd sent out the prereq letters back in November like they've done in previous years - if not for all of us, then at least for those of you from out of state. I feel it's rather cruel to have you go to the time and expense to travel for the interview... only to be told that you didn't meet the prereqs AFTER the semester has already started and it's too late to do much about it.

I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for all of you.
I agree with you! I took the course at my four year undergrad, but it's a 200 level class. When I was looking at their pre-reqs I only saw "statistics" and never really questioned that it had to be a 300 or 400 level class. I'm pretty worried and frustrated because I put so much energy and stress into Texas A&M (not to mention expenses to travel and interview), and to hear from them now saying that my pre-reqs aren't satisfactory and that I'd have my app withdrawn would be such a blow. Thanks for your response; it's made me feel a lot better!! I've just emailed the syllabus, so let's see what they say :(

• Sad
What I don't get is why are they just now figuring out missing pre-req's???? Why would they have people go through the expense of interviewing if they don't meet the pre-req's? Except for online nutrition type courses, it's too late for most people to register for a spring semester course.

What I don't get is why are they just now figuring out missing pre-req's???? Why would they have people go through the expense of interviewing if they don't meet the pre-req's? Except for online nutrition type courses, it's too late for most people to register for a spring semester course.
Right?? I would have thought I would've been taken out of the applicant pool wayyyyy before interviews. I feel like their overall system is very glitchy.

I agree 100% since they could have let us know long ago before my semester started. I’m already 2 weeks into it. Not to mention the time and expense of traveling to Texas. Totally inconsiderate of them. I looked into the 3000 classes at my university and the only one offered is Applied Statistics for Engineers and scientists. Not exactly a Veterinary Track. 4000 courses focus on data management and analysis with SAS and applied Machine Learning. Our stat classes should be sufficient. This is the only school that I’ve heard wants upper level statistics classes.

1st time applicant who applied only to A&M this cycle. I was shocked at how unorganized the process was, especially after lurking on the forums of other schools. I was not invited to interview, and as I prepare for the next application cycle, I am having a very hard time getting excited about reapplying to A&M, even though it is where I am currently an undergrad. I am still shocked that the subject line of the email sent to applicants not invited to interview was "deny before interview letter". I have talked with a few people I know currently in the program and they were very surprised about how this application cycle was handled, it was much different than in previous years. I had a number of other problems with the whole application process and with the way it was handled by the school. I know most people still on this thread are applicants who have already interviewed (please don't take my problems with the process the wrong way, getting an interview at A&M is an amazing accomplishment and it is a top notch program!!), but I am curious on y'alls thoughts on how A&M compared to the other schools you applied to.

Reactions: 3 users
1st time applicant who applied only to A&M this cycle. I was shocked at how unorganized the process was, especially after lurking on the forums of other schools. I was not invited to interview, and as I prepare for the next application cycle, I am having a very hard time getting excited about reapplying to A&M, even though it is where I am currently an undergrad. I am still shocked that the subject line of the email sent to applicants not invited to interview was "deny before interview letter". I have talked with a few people I know currently in the program and they were very surprised about how this application cycle was handled, it was much different than in previous years. I had a number of other problems with the whole application process and with the way it was handled by the school. I know most people still on this thread are applicants who have already interviewed (please don't take my problems with the process the wrong way, getting an interview at A&M is an amazing accomplishment and it is a top notch program!!), but I am curious on y'alls thoughts on how A&M compared to the other schools you applied to.

THAT was the subject line on the email? OMG, I'm so sorry. That seems terribly inconsiderate to people who have put an extraordinary amount of time and energy into this process.

I only applied to A&M as well, so I can't really compare to other schools. Like you, though, I know people who are currently in the program, and the process has been handled at least somewhat better in previous years. I'm not sure what the problem is. I also had quite a few problems with TMDSAS (which, judging from the people I talked to over interview weekend, was a common situation as well), so I think that makes it worse. I really do hope they resolve some of these issues in future cycles. This is a difficult and stressful process under the best of circumstances. It seems outright cruel to be making it worse... and I don't get the vibe that these are people who would be intentionally cruel, which makes me wonder what's actually up this year.

THAT was the subject line on the email? OMG, I'm so sorry. That seems terribly inconsiderate to people who have put an extraordinary amount of time and energy into this process.

I only applied to A&M as well, so I can't really compare to other schools. Like you, though, I know people who are currently in the program, and the process has been handled at least somewhat better in previous years. I'm not sure what the problem is. I also had quite a few problems with TMDSAS (which, judging from the people I talked to over interview weekend, was a common situation as well), so I think that makes it worse. I really do hope they resolve some of these issues in future cycles. This is a difficult and stressful process under the best of circumstances. It seems outright cruel to be making it worse... and I don't get the vibe that these are people who would be intentionally cruel, which makes me wonder what's actually up this year.
YES! I know a few people who saw the subject line and didn’t even open the email- just sent it straight to the trash.

I am still shocked that the subject line of the email sent to applicants not invited to interview was "deny before interview letter".

I am so sorry that happened to you. :-( That must have been disheartening to read.

For me personally, every other school I applied to or met with was much more personable and welcoming. Prerequisites were reviewed back in November prior to any interview dates so we had time to make adjustments if necessary to our spring schedules. Ohio State, which is comparable in size is so much more organized with the admissions process. I’ve had nothing but issues from the get go. From the TMDAS, the initial receipt of my transcripts, the mis-reading of my courses, cashing my supplemental application check, getting to Texas through the storms last week, the emails about missing courses Tuesday to now this about an upper level statistics course. I’ve contacted the school so many times I think Yolanda has me as a contact in her phone. I think A&M is relying too much on technology reading apps and making determinations rather than performing personal reviews of the applicants. Even the interview I found very impersonal and robotic. I do believe the program once accepted is fantastic and the school is amazing. The facility and students I met there were awesome and I would be very disappointed to have come this far only to be denied due to the lack of information on the pre-requisites on the website, which only seems to cater to instate applicants. I guess that’s why there are so few OOS applicants interviewed. All we can do now is hope for admissions to grant us a stay of execution and review the syllabus. Good luck to everyone in this situation.

For me personally, every other school I applied to or met with was much more personable and welcoming. Prerequisites were reviewed back in November prior to any interview dates so we had time to make adjustments if necessary to our spring schedules. Ohio State, which is comparable in size is so much more organized with the admissions process. I’ve had nothing but issues from the get go. From the TMDAS, the initial receipt of my transcripts, the mis-reading of my courses, cashing my supplemental application check, getting to Texas through the storms last week, the emails about missing courses Tuesday to now this about an upper level statistics course. I’ve contacted the school so many times I think Yolanda has me as a contact in her phone. I think A&M is relying too much on technology reading apps and making determinations rather than performing personal reviews of the applicants. Even the interview I found very impersonal and robotic. I do believe the program once accepted is fantastic and the school is amazing. The facility and students I met there were awesome and I would be very disappointed to have come this far only to be denied due to the lack of information on the pre-requisites on the website, which only seems to cater to instate applicants. I guess that’s why there are so few OOS applicants interviewed. All we can do now is hope for admissions to grant us a stay of execution and review the syllabus. Good luck to everyone in this situation.
100000% agree. Every single other school I applied to and interviewed at was so much more organized. I don't know if its just the TMDSAS system in general that makes things so glitchy, but all the misinformation and incorrect emails cause so much unnecessary stress we don't need. Especially not reviewing our pre-reqs BEFORE extending interviews. The very thought of having to toss my app after interviewing because we were not aware that stats had to be "higher level" when (to my knowledge) no other schools require this, makes me want to scream. I loved the facilities and the students there, but this entire process with Texas AM has definitely been the most stressful out of all the other schools. I was so so excited to interview there, but I won't lie that my enthusiasm about the school has been a bit dampened by this process.

100000% agree. Every single other school I applied to and interviewed at was so much more organized. I don't know if its just the TMDSAS system in general that makes things so glitchy, but all the misinformation and incorrect emails cause so much unnecessary stress we don't need. Especially not reviewing our pre-reqs BEFORE extending interviews. The very thought of having to toss my app after interviewing because we were not aware that stats had to be "higher level" when (to my knowledge) no other schools require this, makes me want to scream. I loved the facilities and the students there, but this entire process with Texas AM has definitely been the most stressful out of all the other schools. I was so so excited to interview there, but I won't lie that my enthusiasm about the school has been a bit dampened by this process.
I completely agree. It does completely suck all the enthusiasm you have regarding the school. Please if you hear anything from them please post and I will do the same.

For what it's worth... I had a very similar experience with A&M as an undergrad. I realize that undergrad admissions is very separate from the vet school admissions - heck, freshman admissions is actually quite separate from transfer admissions. But this seems to be a theme with the school. I applied to transfer into A&M's biology department about two years ago. I didn't even apply anywhere else, as I didn't think I needed to - 4.0 GPA, all requirements completed, good essays and LORs, extensive work experience, awards, leadership positions, etc. I mean, it's a state school, right?

I was automatically rejected. I had too many hours for the biology department to review me. I'm a nontraditional student with a previous degree, so it's not like I'd just been taking a ton of random classes, but they didn't even read my file to see that. I was devastated. I applied to quite a few other schools to transfer in the next semester and was accepted to all of them, including Cornell (figured I could just finish my undergrad and go on to vet school there). On a whim, I tried to apply to A&M again, this time using Academic Fresh Start. I didn't have high hopes, and I'd been so soured on the whole thing that I didn't think I even wanted to go to A&M anymore. Ironically, I submitted my application in the morning, and I actually had an acceptance by that same afternoon. That was followed by a significant amount of scholarship money. Finances were ultimately the only reason I swallowed my pride and decided to go to A&M despite my bad feelings.

I do really love the school. I expected that if they couldn't give any individual attention to applications, they probably didn't for enrolled students, either, particularly given how huge the school is. That wasn't my experience. Despite big classes, I've been close with a lot of my professors and found them quite helpful. The registrar was incredibly attentive through all the trouble I had with TMDSAS (ironically due to me being Academic Fresh Start, but there ya go). I've never had trouble getting help from the offices here. The students are a fantastic group of people, and the town... well, you get used to it.

I'm hoping vet school is the same way. This process is utterly disastrous, and I think it's traumatized everyone here to various degrees. But the way my friends talk about the school - the program, the faculty, the other students - leads me to hope that it's as fantastic as the undergrad program has been for me.

So... let's hope we all get through this unscathed, and I truly hope we're all classmates this fall. Maybe one day we'll even be able to laugh about this. Or at least move past it.

For what it's worth... I had a very similar experience with A&M as an undergrad. I realize that undergrad admissions is very separate from the vet school admissions - heck, freshman admissions is actually quite separate from transfer admissions. But this seems to be a theme with the school. I applied to transfer into A&M's biology department about two years ago. I didn't even apply anywhere else, as I didn't think I needed to - 4.0 GPA, all requirements completed, good essays and LORs, extensive work experience, awards, leadership positions, etc. I mean, it's a state school, right?

I was automatically rejected. I had too many hours for the biology department to review me. I'm a nontraditional student with a previous degree, so it's not like I'd just been taking a ton of random classes, but they didn't even read my file to see that. I was devastated. I applied to quite a few other schools to transfer in the next semester and was accepted to all of them, including Cornell (figured I could just finish my undergrad and go on to vet school there). On a whim, I tried to apply to A&M again, this time using Academic Fresh Start. I didn't have high hopes, and I'd been so soured on the whole thing that I didn't think I even wanted to go to A&M anymore. Ironically, I submitted my application in the morning, and I actually had an acceptance by that same afternoon. That was followed by a significant amount of scholarship money. Finances were ultimately the only reason I swallowed my pride and decided to go to A&M despite my bad feelings.

I do really love the school. I expected that if they couldn't give any individual attention to applications, they probably didn't for enrolled students, either, particularly given how huge the school is. That wasn't my experience. Despite big classes, I've been close with a lot of my professors and found them quite helpful. The registrar was incredibly attentive through all the trouble I had with TMDSAS (ironically due to me being Academic Fresh Start, but there ya go). I've never had trouble getting help from the offices here. The students are a fantastic group of people, and the town... well, you get used to it.

I'm hoping vet school is the same way. This process is utterly disastrous, and I think it's traumatized everyone here to various degrees. But the way my friends talk about the school - the program, the faculty, the other students - leads me to hope that it's as fantastic as the undergrad program has been for me.

So... let's hope we all get through this unscathed, and I truly hope we're all classmates this fall. Maybe one day we'll even be able to laugh about this. Or at least move past it.
Me too.

I’m certain the school, faculty and students are great, that I have no doubt about. It’s the admissions process that needs improvement.

It’s been a full two days since I sent them the syllabus along with a contact at my schools department of statistics with no response. Any other time I’ve contacted them I received an answer right away. I would’ve thought I’d get a yes/no or at least a “we are looking into it” response by now. Hoping no response is a good thing.

It’s been a full two days since I sent them the syllabus along with a contact at my schools department of statistics with no response. Any other time I’ve contacted them I received an answer right away. I would’ve thought I’d get a yes/no or at least a “we are looking into it” response by now. Hoping no response is a good thing.
Same here. No response. Not sure what to think of it.

I can tell you this. I compared The Texas A&M 3000 statistics for biology syllabus to Florida States 2000 statistics for biology syllabus and the courses are exactly the same in every single module learned. It’s obvious that the 3000 “upper” level course at A&M is equivalent to a 2000 level course at my university. I’m praying they also compare and realize that there is no difference and should accept mine as meeting the requirement.

My thought? They would normally advise you to take something else that fulfills their ideals... but they usually send prereq letters out in November. Now, it's too late for you to fix or change anything, but you've already invested in the interview process. I'm guessing they don't know how to handle this predicament now that they're in it.

My thought? They would normally advise you to take something else that fulfills their ideals... but they usually send prereq letters out in November. Now, it's too late for you to fix or change anything, but you've already invested in the interview process. I'm guessing they don't know how to handle this predicament now that they're in it.
I bet you are right. That’s probably why they haven’t responded to me yet. I would have expected a response that they received my email and that they will look into it, but to have not received anything back after 3 days makes me think they aren’t sure what to answer. Guess we can only keep our fingers crossed because I would be thrilled to attend A&M!!!

A&M very rarely got back to me in a timely manner when I emailed them. I sent an email way back in May about the supplemental application and never got a response from them to this date. :eek: I personally would either email them again on Monday or call on Monday to expedite the process tbh.

A&M very rarely got back to me in a timely manner when I emailed them. I sent an email way back in May about the supplemental application and never got a response from them to this date. :eek: I personally would either email them again on Monday or call on Monday to expedite the process tbh.
Good advice. Thanks.

I've just called and asked about stats, and they told me my stats course is approved! I hadn't received an email back and Yolanda said they were just swamped which is probably why, but at least there's some good news.

• Love
Thank you. I figured there had to be a reason for the lack of response. I’ll do the same and post back with what they say about mine. Considering the syllabus is exactly the same I would expect they accept mine too. Just like your ID “fingers crossed”

They told me my stats class was also approved. No I can relax. Thank you fingers crossed for your messages!!!
Good luck. I hope we get to meet in August on orientation day.

• Love