Texas A&M c/o 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got my email today, I’m #2!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Got mine - #3! Anyone know how many are waitlisted?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m number 18....do we know how many they’ve gone down to in the past? I feel like it was only a few but I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m number 18....do we know how many they’ve gone down to in the past? I feel like it was only a few but I’m not sure.

Recently I've seen 11 and 17, but those numbers could have not been updated by the time classes started. There isnt a lot of information out there that I've found that is reliable/: I'm number 11 so I'm right there with you in the grey area ;-;

I’ve heard a range of 7 to 22 throughout the last few years

Last year I know they took at least through 14 because one of my friends was 14th on the waitlist and they called her the day before orientation for class and told her she had been offered a spot.

#1 on OOS alternate list. Can’t believe I’m this close to my dream school!

Reactions: 3 users
#1 on OOS alternate list. Can’t believe I’m this close to my dream school!
I happen to personally know someone declining their OOS seat at A&M!!! Best of luck to you!!!

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Would any IS accepted/waitlisted people be willing to share their stats? Im preparing to re-apply and would really appreciate it so I can see where I could improve for next cycle!

Would any IS accepted/waitlisted people be willing to share their stats? Im preparing to re-apply and would really appreciate it so I can see where I could improve for next cycle!

I messaged you!

Could those low on the alternate list update when they get pulled off? I'm curious if they will do them all in bulk on a single day or they update asap.

Reactions: 1 user
Could those low on the alternate list update when they get pulled off? I'm curious if they will do them all in bulk on a single day or they update asap.
Will do! Does Texas follow the April 15th deadline like the other schools?

If anyone is still looking for a place to stay next year, I have a room for rent in my condo and I’d love to have another vet student as a roommate! Just DM me

Anyone know what they are going to do about the application review session that they usually hold in May?

Anyone know what they are going to do about the application review session that they usually hold in May?

They cancelled the summer anatomy workshop, so I doubt they’d hold in-person application reviews. Last year you could request a paper via email that listed how your application compared to the applicant pool. I’d imagine the admissions committee would email all those interested in reapplying.

Hi everyone. Giving up my OOS seat today. Although a very tough choice I decided that it was more convenient to stay closer to NJ. Good luck to everyone!!!

Hi everyone. Giving up my OOS seat today. Although a very tough choice I decided that it was more convenient to stay closer to NJ. Good luck to everyone!!!

This might sound weird from a stranger on the internet, but... I'm bummed. I was looking forward to meeting you. You know, whenever this madness ends and we can actually do things "in person" again!

I do understand, though, and I hope all goes well for you!

I emailed about this yesterday and they let me know that they plan on doing a similar one over Zoom, but haven't worked out the details yet!

This might sound weird from a stranger on the internet, but... I'm bummed. I was looking forward to meeting you. You know, whenever this madness ends and we can actually do things "in person" again!

I do understand, though, and I hope all goes well for you!
I was tough especially since I know how hard it is to get an OOS seat at A&M. If I didn’t have to connect through several airports it be a much easier decision. Newark NJ to College Station is a rough one. Now we just need to pray this ends and we can have normal in person classes!!!

Anyone aware of when waitlist should be notified and if they contact by phone or email? Getting pretty anxious and checking my email like crazy. Also a loan question, does anyone know if A&M participates in the program for the Health Professions Student Loan and Loans for Disadvantaged Students?

Anyone aware of when waitlist should be notified and if they contact by phone or email? Getting pretty anxious and checking my email like crazy. Also a loan question, does anyone know if A&M participates in the program for the Health Professions Student Loan and Loans for Disadvantaged Students?

Yes! They participate in both the HPSL and LDS!

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist status? :)

Has anyone heard anything about the waitlist status? :)
Got in touch with Yolanda today and she said that they are still working on everything and are hopefully going to try and be in touch by next week about the alternate list. I can only imagine how crazy things are for them right now

I got my call with an offer today! #2 on the alternate list, good luck to everyone else!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got a call today! #3 on the alternate list, good luck guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Well I got an email close to 5pm saying that my phone number could not be reach and to contact Yolanda regarding my alternate status. Apparently they called my home phone number instead of my cell and I am away from home and my parents were not home to answer. So I guess I have to wait until Monday to hear anything.

Well I got an email close to 5pm saying that my phone number could not be reach and to contact Yolanda regarding my alternate status. Apparently they called my home phone number instead of my cell and I am away from home and my parents were not home to answer. So I guess I have to wait until Monday to hear anything.
What spot on the waitlist are you?

I thought there was only one list, curious to how they assign the spots if there are two separate lists

I thought there was only one list, curious to how they assign the spots if there are two separate lists

I’ve always thought there were two lists? If an OOS applicant declines their acceptance, then that spot will go to another OOS applicant. Same goes for the IS waitlist. If an IS applicant declines their acceptance, that seat will be filled by another IS applicant on the waitlist.

I’ve *heard* that if they get through the entire OOS waitlist and there is still a remaining OOS seat to be filled, then they use the IS waitlist to fill that spot.

I’ve always thought there were two lists? If an OOS applicant declines their acceptance, then that spot will go to another OOS applicant. Same goes for the IS waitlist. If an IS applicant declines their acceptance, that seat will be filled by another IS applicant on the waitlist.

I’ve *heard* that if they get through the entire OOS waitlist and there is still a remaining OOS seat to be filled, then they use the IS waitlist to fill that spot.
There is only one waitlist for both IS and OOS and there are only 30 people on it.

This may be a silly question, but does anyone know if starting a new application on TMDSAS will close out or impact my current application/alternate status?

I am majorly confused now haha, I guess we'll just see what happens!
You can call and ask about the waitlist. That’s what I did and was able to get this information about it. They do acknowledge that while almost all other schools have separate waitlists for IS and OOS, Texas does not.

Finally got my acceptance!! Woo! It was kinda odd, I never got another call or another email from Yolanda. I ended up getting an email at 11pm saying my alternate status had changed and that my acceptance was due by April 15th. Then I got another email at 1:30 am with the correct dates. Really hoping my acceptance went through. I’m very worried since it’s hard to get ahold of their office right now. Should I get a confirmation email soon? Anyways super excited to meet all of y’all this fall!

Finally got my acceptance!! Woo! It was kinda odd, I never got another call or another email from Yolanda. I ended up getting an email at 11pm saying my alternate status had changed and that my acceptance was due by April 15th. Then I got another email at 1:30 am with the correct dates. Really hoping my acceptance went through. I’m very worried since it’s hard to get ahold of their office right now. Should I get a confirmation email soon? Anyways super excited to meet all of y’all this fall!

Congrats! I got an email confirming they received my paperwork about a month and a half after I originally submitted the forms. :oops:

Heard today they got to #4 on the waitlist. But nothing beyond that. Kind of hoping they are just really behind on things and they are going to pull more people soon. I guess I always thought after the April 15th deadline there was the biggest jump in the waitlist and then it trickles from there? Anyone else know how it's trended in the past?

• Sad
Heard today they got to #4 on the waitlist. But nothing beyond that. Kind of hoping they are just really behind on things and they are going to pull more people soon. I guess I always thought after the April 15th deadline there was the biggest jump in the waitlist and then it trickles from there? Anyone else know how it's trended in the past?
Who’d you hear that from?

Yeah I got called a week ago, I received the email on Monday

Any updates on the waitlist number they are at?

Found out today they got to #9 on the waitlist, but was also told that there is little to no movement during June and July and to not expect it to move from here :(

With that said, does anyone know someone who has been pulled from the alternative list in June/July in years past? tia