-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas A&M c/o 2024
Started by blueheeler
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Cooper’s.mom
Full Member
I heard there was 30!Got mine - #3! Anyone know how many are waitlisted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Norma&Winston
Full Member
Recently I've seen 11 and 17, but those numbers could have not been updated by the time classes started. There isnt a lot of information out there that I've found that is reliable/: I'm number 11 so I'm right there with you in the grey area ;-;I’m number 18....do we know how many they’ve gone down to in the past? I feel like it was only a few but I’m not sure.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cooper’s.mom
Full Member
I’ve heard a range of 7 to 22 throughout the last few years
caseywelsh
New Member
Any alternates get an email today? They said they were gonna send it out and I still haven’t received anything 🙁
One of my friends who is an alternate got an email today with her ranking on the waitlist
caseywelsh
New Member
Are there separate waitlists for OOS and IS?
It's the same waitlist for in and out of state.
caseywelsh
New Member
I’ve heard a range of 7 to 22 throughout the last few years
Last year I know they took at least through 14 because one of my friends was 14th on the waitlist and they called her the day before orientation for class and told her she had been offered a spot.
I happen to personally know someone declining their OOS seat at A&M!!! Best of luck to you!!!#1 on OOS alternate list. Can’t believe I’m this close to my dream school!
Omg this is great news thanks for telling me!!! I can rest easy now! 🙂I happen to personally know someone declining their OOS seat at A&M!!! Best of luck to you!!!
Would any IS accepted/waitlisted people be willing to share their stats? Im preparing to re-apply and would really appreciate it so I can see where I could improve for next cycle!
I messaged you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Norma&Winston
Full Member
Could those low on the alternate list update when they get pulled off? I'm curious if they will do them all in bulk on a single day or they update asap.
Will do! Does Texas follow the April 15th deadline like the other schools?Could those low on the alternate list update when they get pulled off? I'm curious if they will do them all in bulk on a single day or they update asap.
Cooper’s.mom
Full Member
I just asked someone who got accepted and they said April 15th!Will do! Does Texas follow the April 15th deadline like the other schools?
Cooper’s.mom
Full Member
If anyone is still looking for a place to stay next year, I have a room for rent in my condo and I’d love to have another vet student as a roommate! Just DM me
Anyone know what they are going to do about the application review session that they usually hold in May?
Anyone know what they are going to do about the application review session that they usually hold in May?
They cancelled the summer anatomy workshop, so I doubt they’d hold in-person application reviews. Last year you could request a paper via email that listed how your application compared to the applicant pool. I’d imagine the admissions committee would email all those interested in reapplying.
SBS From NJ
Full Member
Hi everyone. Giving up my OOS seat today. Although a very tough choice I decided that it was more convenient to stay closer to NJ. Good luck to everyone!!!
Hi everyone. Giving up my OOS seat today. Although a very tough choice I decided that it was more convenient to stay closer to NJ. Good luck to everyone!!!
This might sound weird from a stranger on the internet, but... I'm bummed. I was looking forward to meeting you. You know, whenever this madness ends and we can actually do things "in person" again!
I do understand, though, and I hope all goes well for you!
Norma&Winston
Full Member
I emailed about this yesterday and they let me know that they plan on doing a similar one over Zoom, but haven't worked out the details yet!Anyone know what they are going to do about the application review session that they usually hold in May?
SBS From NJ
Full Member
I was tough especially since I know how hard it is to get an OOS seat at A&M. If I didn’t have to connect through several airports it be a much easier decision. Newark NJ to College Station is a rough one. Now we just need to pray this ends and we can have normal in person classes!!!This might sound weird from a stranger on the internet, but... I'm bummed. I was looking forward to meeting you. You know, whenever this madness ends and we can actually do things "in person" again!
I do understand, though, and I hope all goes well for you!
Anyone aware of when waitlist should be notified and if they contact by phone or email? Getting pretty anxious and checking my email like crazy. Also a loan question, does anyone know if A&M participates in the program for the Health Professions Student Loan and Loans for Disadvantaged Students?
Anyone aware of when waitlist should be notified and if they contact by phone or email? Getting pretty anxious and checking my email like crazy. Also a loan question, does anyone know if A&M participates in the program for the Health Professions Student Loan and Loans for Disadvantaged Students?
Yes! They participate in both the HPSL and LDS!
singledogmom
New Member
Got in touch with Yolanda today and she said that they are still working on everything and are hopefully going to try and be in touch by next week about the alternate list. I can only imagine how crazy things are for them right nowHas anyone heard anything about the waitlist status? 🙂
Cooper’s.mom
Full Member
I got my call with an offer today! #2 on the alternate list, good luck to everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well I got an email close to 5pm saying that my phone number could not be reach and to contact Yolanda regarding my alternate status. Apparently they called my home phone number instead of my cell and I am away from home and my parents were not home to answer. So I guess I have to wait until Monday to hear anything.
singledogmom
New Member
What spot on the waitlist are you?Well I got an email close to 5pm saying that my phone number could not be reach and to contact Yolanda regarding my alternate status. Apparently they called my home phone number instead of my cell and I am away from home and my parents were not home to answer. So I guess I have to wait until Monday to hear anything.
1st on OOSWhat spot on the waitlist are you?
Norma&Winston
Full Member
I thought there was only one list, curious to how they assign the spots if there are two separate lists
I thought there was only one list, curious to how they assign the spots if there are two separate lists
I’ve always thought there were two lists? If an OOS applicant declines their acceptance, then that spot will go to another OOS applicant. Same goes for the IS waitlist. If an IS applicant declines their acceptance, that seat will be filled by another IS applicant on the waitlist.
I’ve *heard* that if they get through the entire OOS waitlist and there is still a remaining OOS seat to be filled, then they use the IS waitlist to fill that spot.
singledogmom
New Member
There is only one waitlist for both IS and OOS and there are only 30 people on it.I’ve always thought there were two lists? If an OOS applicant declines their acceptance, then that spot will go to another OOS applicant. Same goes for the IS waitlist. If an IS applicant declines their acceptance, that seat will be filled by another IS applicant on the waitlist.
I’ve *heard* that if they get through the entire OOS waitlist and there is still a remaining OOS seat to be filled, then they use the IS waitlist to fill that spot.
Norma&Winston
Full Member
I am majorly confused now haha, I guess we'll just see what happens!There is only one waitlist for both IS and OOS and there are only 30 people on it.
Norma&Winston
Full Member
This may be a silly question, but does anyone know if starting a new application on TMDSAS will close out or impact my current application/alternate status?
singledogmom
New Member
You can call and ask about the waitlist. That’s what I did and was able to get this information about it. They do acknowledge that while almost all other schools have separate waitlists for IS and OOS, Texas does not.I am majorly confused now haha, I guess we'll just see what happens!
Finally got my acceptance!! Woo! It was kinda odd, I never got another call or another email from Yolanda. I ended up getting an email at 11pm saying my alternate status had changed and that my acceptance was due by April 15th. Then I got another email at 1:30 am with the correct dates. Really hoping my acceptance went through. I’m very worried since it’s hard to get ahold of their office right now. Should I get a confirmation email soon? Anyways super excited to meet all of y’all this fall!
Finally got my acceptance!! Woo! It was kinda odd, I never got another call or another email from Yolanda. I ended up getting an email at 11pm saying my alternate status had changed and that my acceptance was due by April 15th. Then I got another email at 1:30 am with the correct dates. Really hoping my acceptance went through. I’m very worried since it’s hard to get ahold of their office right now. Should I get a confirmation email soon? Anyways super excited to meet all of y’all this fall!
Congrats! I got an email confirming they received my paperwork about a month and a half after I originally submitted the forms. 😳
singledogmom
New Member
Heard today they got to #4 on the waitlist. But nothing beyond that. Kind of hoping they are just really behind on things and they are going to pull more people soon. I guess I always thought after the April 15th deadline there was the biggest jump in the waitlist and then it trickles from there? Anyone else know how it's trended in the past?
Cooper’s.mom
Full Member
Who’d you hear that from?Heard today they got to #4 on the waitlist. But nothing beyond that. Kind of hoping they are just really behind on things and they are going to pull more people soon. I guess I always thought after the April 15th deadline there was the biggest jump in the waitlist and then it trickles from there? Anyone else know how it's trended in the past?
singledogmom
New Member
We’re friendsWho’d you hear that from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
singledogmom
New Member
Were you able to get off the waitlist at #2? My friend said she got an email from them and it went to her junk folder.Who’d you hear that from?
Cooper’s.mom
Full Member
Yeah I got called a week ago, I received the email on Monday
singledogmom
New Member
Found out today they got to #9 on the waitlist, but was also told that there is little to no movement during June and July and to not expect it to move from here 🙁
singledogmom
New Member
With that said, does anyone know someone who has been pulled from the alternative list in June/July in years past? tia