The countdown..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aetherius

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know its not an ultimatum for a lot of schools, but let the craziness/tension/anxiety/excitement ensue!

counter.gif

What are you all doing to ease the nerves? My friends will definitely be receiving frantic phone calls/messages from me asking to hang out, especially when the countdown is in the single digits. :nailbiting: Or maybe I'll just hibernate :bag:.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Living a full and complicated life that leaves no time for worrying about things I have absolutely no control over.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Only 26 days ? Went by way too fast. I am so busy with school , I didn't even notice :confused:

Reactions: 1 users
:whistle:, keeping myself busy, friends, games, sports~! and work.

School, 2 job, and hanging out w wife :cool:

Full time job, Volunteering, and the wife. Pretty much the same as laughing gas

Writing a thesis, working 2 part-time jobs, working out

Swim, eat, brush my teeth, work, eat, work, swim, eat, floss my teeth, brush my teeth, sleep, and repeat.

LOL, 24 days, I think it will go really fast for me.
  • work week
  • school/exams
  • turkey feast/blackfriday shopping
  • start panicking for finals (aka study) :)
  • BAM! Dec 2 is the next day LOL
  • bam.jpg

• DEC 2, here!

Yeah, I guess I'm thinking about it too much.
The weeks ahead will definitely fly fast.
Next week: Boring work week, more deadlines and reports, etc.
Week after: Finishing up on my pre-December interviews -- got a couple lined up. Bittersweet moment, I'm definitely going to miss taking time off work to see different cities in the US, renting hotels and feeling adult-like, lol. I haven't really done much of that growing up, so I'm definitely liking it.
Week after next: Another 1/2 work week + turkey days
Then D-Day. :happy:

Looking at it right now, the wait is definitely not bad.
For those of you working, do your employers know you could potentially be resigning next year, if accepted?

Last edited:
Week after: Finishing up on my pre-December interviews -- got a couple lined up. Bittersweet moment, I'm definitely going to miss taking time off work to see different cities in the US, renting hotels and feeling adult-like, lol. I haven't really done much of that growing up, so I'm definitely liking it.

For those of you working, do your employers know you could potentially be resigning next year, if accepted?

Without interviews, i'm back to my normal routine. Although they were a bit hectic, I definitely enjoyed traveling, seeing new parts of the country and learning more about schools. It's also been suprisingly fun and enjoyable meeting the other interview candidates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm killing time by being an alumni interviewer for my undergrad. It's quite fun, and it's different being the interviewer instead of the interviewee!

I just have classes to finish in the meantime, but I want December to get here early. The wait is killing me. I'm so anxious

When I am not holed up inside writing said thesis, I go skydiving! :laugh:

I know its not an ultimatum for a lot of schools, but let the craziness/tension/anxiety/excitement ensue!

counter.gif

What are you all doing to ease the nerves? My friends will definitely be receiving frantic phone calls/messages from me asking to hang out, especially when the countdown is in the single digits. :nailbiting: Or maybe I'll just hibernate :bag:.

I'm just going to block it out and not think about it. December 2nd could be a very awkward day. I work at a dental clinic. Everyone knows when I find out and have all been very supportive. I just hope I don't get a rejection letter and still have to spend the rest of the day at work. On the other hand if all goes well I will be surrounded by the people who helped me get to where I'm and we can celebrate together.

Don't check you email until 12:30am, give the batch emails time

Can't believe the last 3 weeks of waiting are here already. D-Day last year feels like it was almost yesterday.

Can't believe the last 3 weeks of waiting are here already. D-Day last year feels like it was almost yesterday.
Holy crap, I'm didn't realize it was already down to 3 weeks. I think I'll see a movie Sunday night and maybe find a bar for the wait. That way I'll be prepared, good or bad news.

Reactions: 5 users
Holy crap, I'm didn't realize it was already down to 3 weeks. I think I'll see a movie Sunday night and maybe find a bar for the wait. That way I'll be prepared, good or bad news.

You should check out Thor. I thought it was definitely worth my 10 bucks haha

haha. I'm trying to decide if I should keep myself busy and not look until the morning and avoid SDN at all costs, or check AADSAS at midnight like everybody else and be here to celebrate or cry with SDN people.

haha. I'm trying to decide if I should keep myself busy and not look until the morning and avoid SDN at all costs, or check AADSAS at midnight like everybody else and be here to celebrate or cry with SDN people.
I'll have it open on my phone for sure at least. Gotta share this moment!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The responses are up by midnight on Dec. 2nd? That's awesome! I wonder if Ohio State does it the same way. All I know is this: "Remember, admission offers wll go out on Dec. 2. We will call candidates beginning at 10 am EST. Happy Monday!"

Are the schools required to put the offer on AADSAS at midnight, or does it vary by school? Either way, it's gonna be an exciting day!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. The responses are up by midnight on Dec. 2nd? That's awesome! I wonder if Ohio State does it the same way. All I know is this: "Remember, admission offers wll go out on Dec. 2. We will call candidates beginning at 10 am EST. Happy Monday!"

Are the schools required to put the offer on AADSAS at midnight, or does it vary by school? Either way, it's gonna be an exciting day!

They're not required to, but they WANT to get their top picks that they are interested in and the earliest they can tell you is that date, usually dec 1.

Im looking forward to thanksgiving week which is a little bit closer. Then it will get real

Every day, I wake up and think of how many days are left :O I've been exercising and working!

I can't wait WOW.... I will be at work on Monday December 2, I will keep phone next to me all day long.....

I can't wait to get that phone call and say "sayonara" to my professor who continued to count my interview days as "absent" days.

I didn't realize that AADSAS updated at midnight... I searched old threads and saw that it updated at 8AMish EST.

EDIT: Just emailed AADSAS customer service. Hopefully we get a concrete answer on Monday. Will post back with any update. :)

Last edited:
lol to be honest, checking SDN during the wait almost drove me crazy :rofl:

For three years I've had these three patients that kept asking me over and over , so did you get accepted? At some point I told them I am not going to apply anymore because was annoying to tell them over and over, no I got rejected from NYU!! Its funny that these three patients are on my schedule to have their teeth clean on December 2!! Would really love to finally be able to tell them "YES I got accepted".....Cannot wait, crossing fingers

For three years I've had these three patients that kept asking me over and over , so did you get accepted? At some point I told them I am not going to apply anymore because was annoying to tell them over and over, no I got rejected from NYU!! Its funny that these three patients are on my schedule to have their teeth clean on December 2!! Would really love to finally be able to tell them "YES I got accepted".....Cannot wait, crossing fingers
:thumbup:

We Basically have 2 more weeks of waiting. Its crazy! So close. I pray we all wake up to good news on that day!

Is there a chance that the AADSAS mobile portal will update on Nov. 30th at midnight?

Is there a chance that the AADSAS mobile portal will update on Nov. 30th at midnight?
Maybe December 1 , I have seen posts last year when aadsas made mistake and a lot of students were able to see their status the day before for few hours then aadsas realized and changed it...

I wish I could just hibernate until that fateful day...I'm so anxious from waiting and annoyed/stressed out by all the people in my life asking me if I have any news.

Reactions: 5 users
I wish I could just hibernate until that fateful day...I'm so anxious from waiting and annoyed/stressed out by all the people in my life asking me if I have any news.

It is especially worse when it's your mother asking everyday if there is news, as if I haven't said "December 2 is the earliest" 6 million times already. *bangs head on wall*

Reactions: 3 users
So I know most schools don't do scholarships but for those that do, will they let people know on Dec 2? I know usc does not do this since they don't use it for recruiting, but not sure about other schools...

So I know most schools don't do scholarships but for those that do, will they let people know on Dec 2? I know usc does not do this since they don't use it for recruiting, but not sure about other schools...

I think it totally depends on the school. I think some schools give their scholarship offers at the same time. Others, though, let you know a little bit later. Dr. Chuck told us that the scholarship committee meets in early December and that those who are selected will receive their scholarship offer ~1 week after acceptances are mailed out.

And guys, don't get anxious when people ask you! You are very fortunate to have people in your life who care about you. :) I have kept a lot of folks (parents, teachers, good friends) very updated on my dental school process--all of the bad included--and I am glad to have had their support throughout.

I think it totally depends on the school. I think some schools give their scholarship offers at the same time. Others, though, let you know a little bit later. Dr. Chuck told us that the scholarship committee meets in early December and that those who are selected will receive their scholarship offer ~1 week after acceptances are mailed out.

And guys, don't get anxious when people ask you! You are very fortunate to have people in your life who care about you. :) I have kept a lot of folks (parents, teachers, good friends) very updated on my dental school process--all of the bad included--and I am glad to have had their support throughout.

Maybe I'm missing something, who is Dr. Chuck?

Maybe I'm missing something, who is Dr. Chuck?
He's the director of admissions for Case Western that posts on SDN. :)

Also, back with news from the AADSAS rep. They said that IT IS POSSIBLE that the School Decisions page will update at 12:00AM (in either EST or whatever time zone the school is in, it is all depending on what the school would like to do). I was told that schools use the decision tab freely and at their own pace, so if a school decides to post decisions at 12:00AM on December 2nd, they can do so.

:D well, I guess you can make that trip to the bar on Dec. 1st. Haha.

Reactions: 2 users
He's the director of admissions for Case Western that posts on SDN. :)

Also, back with news from the AADSAS rep. They said that IT IS POSSIBLE that the School Decisions page will update at 12:00AM (in either EST or whatever time zone the school is in, it is all depending on what the school would like to do). I was told that schools use the decision tab freely and at their own pace, so if a school decides to post decisions at 12:00AM on December 2nd, they can do so.

:D well, I guess you can make that trip to the bar on Dec. 1st. Haha.
Oh, I didn't apply to case western no wonder I was confused!