The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think we're going to get anything with a Cheat lynch. She reads more nooby to me. But I'm also not sure I'd vote for Snowy...

I'm honestly wondering whether Coopah would include Sarafina. Now that seems like it would make a decent cover role (a character that could plausibly exist in game, but obscure enough to not, and thus be free to claim...)

ETA: agh, typed before I saw Snowy's role claim

BINGO... you're not going to get anything by lynching me I promise you that much

Members don't see this ad.

In all the WW games I've played I've never been a wolf... surprise.. I'm not a wolf in this one either.
This means nothing considering roles are RNG. There's a first time for everything.

Reactions: 1 user
Official Mod is Finally Paying Attention Lynch Tally:

SAR (0) -
Snowy (2) - VMH, SAR
hmoo (0) -
Deva (0) -
Lyra (0) -
MJ (5) - kcough, Pippy, Dr. S, Deva, cheat
Zensing (1) - Lyra
Am (1) - hmufasa
Cheat (5) - kara, mj, jil, AM, Snowy
Dr. S (3) - Zen, DVMD, WZ
LOTF (2) - Trilt, 3m

Waffleometer: 11 (LIS can be proud)

19/21 voting
FIVE MINUTES to lynch close

Roll call: @LadyOtheFarm @katashark

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to let cheat be for a day or two...I liked her responses today. Lyra I still have feels on but until we have evidence that wolves have cover roles I'm leaving that alone. The interaction with lupin gave me some eyebrow raises but I'm not good at interpreting those kinds of things. I wasn't feeling inclined to unlynch snowy until her role reveal actually, but glad I saw that before lynch close.

@SnowshoeDog143 can you confirm who you have protected up to this point?

:rolleyes: Here goes the wolf pile, as always. Mark my words, one of the people piling on me is a wolf. Probably trying to save the skin of another wolf that we were on the track of.

I'm Sarafina, by the way, Nala's mother, and a vanillager.

The eye roll/passive aggressive tone and the speed at which Dr. S reversed on you is honestly making me side-eye the hell out of both of you, but I'm willing to give you another day for people to call you out in case that's a fake role reveal. Since she is also on my wolfy list for doing exactly what she just did,

Unlynch MJ
Lynch Dr. S

Congrats on lynching a villager everyone, on my last game for three months.

You noobs suck, you literally ruin the game with your stupidity.

Yeah I probably won't be playing another one of these for awhile.

Members don't see this ad :)
CHECK YOUR VOTES. MJ, too late. But doesn't change anything anyway.

SAR (0) -
Snowy (2) - VMH, SAR
hmoo (0) -
Deva (0) -
Lyra (0) -
MJ (5) - kcough, Dr. S, Deva, cheat
Zensing (1) - Lyra
Am (1) - hmufasa
Cheat (3) - mj, jil, Snowy
Dr. S (6) - Zen, DVMD, WZ, pippy, kara, AM
LOTF (2) - Trilt, 3m

In case I was ever in danger of being lynched by everyone, I prepared this post ahead of time (because I am not a fast typist and might not have time to post this on the thread).

I am the ELEPHANT GRAVEYARD, a VILLAGER.

As a villager, I would be able to silence any player of my choosing; and the next day they would lose their ability to speak (though they could probably manage to scribble something in dirt).

Right now, the villagers need to know that I have NOT silenced any players in this game because I thought “silencing” anyone this early in the game would be much more beneficial to the wolves, and not useful to the villagers.

No, **** you for this. You give us nothing to work with, a half assed defense where you just reveal your sketchy role, and then insult people who are trying to play the game properly?

I think you've been on your "last game for months" for at least three games now and I'm tired of a guilt trip being part of your defense. Play better - try - or don't play.

Reactions: 1 users
I do have to agree re: DocS. I was fine with her yesterday, but these past few posts...seem odd. Almost scrambley (scramble-y...scrambling to back out of a hole)

No, **** you for this. You give us nothing to work with, a half assed defense where you just reveal your sketchy role, and then insult people who are trying to play the game properly?

I think you've been on your "last game for months" for at least three games now and I'm tired of a guilt trip being part of your defense. Play better - try - or don't play.
I was completely honest every step of the way. Honesty is sketchy, evidently.
guessdie.jpg

Alright well now I really wish I had switched to MJ instead of Doc S because I feel like he only gets that bitchy, especially towards noobs, when he's being lynched as a wolf.

(Sorry if we're not allowed to strategize between lynch close and writeup)

Reactions: 3 users

Didn't we have this same conversation when you were a wolf in the vet clinic game? Not helping your cause.

EDIT: ninja'd by Dubz; also oops on posting between close & write up.

Today wasn't a good day for the animals. They were all as nervous as can be. One or two farts were almost lethal. A few animals were seen whispering amongst each other, and others appeared to laze about. When they finally settled on someone they thought might be something nefarious, they let out their frustrations as only a pack of wild animals can.

Dead is @Doctor-S, the Elephant Graveyard, a VILLAGER who could silence even the mightiest lion's roar, leaving them unable to speak, but probably scribble something in the dirt.

It is now Night 3. Night closes at 9AM EDT. Get your night actions in.

Roster
1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
4. @kcoughli
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
9. @SARdoghandler
10. @hazelmoo
11. @Karabiner13
13. @DVMDream
14. @Mad Jack
15. @PippyPony
17. @vetmedhead
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
25. @Jilary

Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu
12. TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC) - The Water Hole
16. genny - Kovu
18. Lupin21 - Banzai
21. @LetItSnow - Wildebeest
24. @Doctor-S - Elephant Graveyard

Didn't we have this same conversation when you were a wolf in the vet clinic game? Not helping your cause.

EDIT: ninja'd by Dubz; also oops on posting between close & write up.
Bad luck for him if he is a wolf again because vet clinic was the last game he played and I'm sure he didn't want to come right back to wolfing.

I'd like to let cheat be for a day or two...I liked her responses today. Lyra I still have feels on but until we have evidence that wolves have cover roles I'm leaving that alone. The interaction with lupin gave me some eyebrow raises but I'm not good at interpreting those kinds of things. I wasn't feeling inclined to unlynch snowy until her role reveal actually, but glad I saw that before lynch close.

@SnowshoeDog143 can you confirm who you have protected up to this point?

N1: Lyra because she sounded like she had an ability. I was waffling between her and genny due to genny's confidence with the old/young thing. But I thought Lyra was probably had an ability and I was just guessing about genny.

N2: Myself. I had a list of 4 villagers + myself I thought were important or had pretty strong village feelz at that point and rolled an rng.

Last time I was protector and tried to figure out the wolf targets and protect them, I ended up protecting wolves over half the game. I did the same strategy night 1, and then Lyra was sketch the next day and I was wondering if the wolves played me, so last night I decided to rng between myself (who I know is village) and my top suspected PRs and strong village feels people. Now the wolves know who I am maybe I should probably protect myself again tonight :(

Well, I'm just going to put out there that I was also protected N1. This is not me looking for the other protector, if there is one, to speak up. Please do not. Just putting all info on the table so people can assess...I'm not sure what to think about it myself right now.

Agree that MJ's tantrum feels an awful lot like his posts in the vet clinic and immuno games when he was a wolf, I may vote him tomorrow. Going to look back over things and see who was pushing to lynch DocS, in light of her flipping villager.

Well, I'm just going to put out there that I was also protected N1. This is not me looking for the other protector, if there is one, to speak up. Please do not. Just putting all info on the table so people can assess...I'm not sure what to think about it myself right now.
Well, that's interesting. How common is it for games to have two protectors?

Also, Dr. S not silencing anyone makes me think someone else has that ability as well.

It really depends on the other mechanics in the game. I've seen even/odd protectors, I've seen a regular protector and a block/protect combo, I just don't know about having two full village protectors in a game this size. Especially since snowy can apparently protect herself.

Agree that MJ's tantrum feels an awful lot like his posts in the vet clinic and immuno games when he was a wolf, I may vote him tomorrow. Going to look back over things and see who was pushing to lynch DocS, in light of her flipping villager.
Oh my god, it's not a tantrum, it's **** talk. When somebody is typing "omfg noob diaf wtf I don't know why you even try" during a game of LoL it's not because they actually hate you, it's because they're giving you **** for being a noob. Rule number one of gaming is don't take anything personally. Unless it's football (the soccer kind), in which case the **** talking is 10x more violent and escalates to physical violence on occasion.

I’ve been trying to find other villagers to trust in this game because I believe that trust (versus paranoia) is useful to find wolves. This has been one of the hardest things for me to do because everyone seems to sound sketchy at one time or another in these games.
That might be a long wait since the general gist of these games is trust nobody. And since I didn't catch up before lynch close, better luck next time on getting a sweetheart role so you have someone to trust.

I know she's insanely busy with a new baby but the wording of this post is what made me :eyebrow:
I typed that, thought it sounded sketchy, but after an hour of having to do other things and not getting any further on a better way to phrase it and get out that I really was looking forward to playing with Lupes and so was bummed (and then LIS too...). I also realize saying this doesn't help settle me on affiliation for anybody, but I haven't been able to play in a while and even I can admit to enjoying playing with some people.

On mobile now but I thought I just got a couple of notifications that LOTF liked my long posts last night, but still hasn't checked in today? Is she silenced?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
You did. I have been trying all day to read through and post. I fail. I guess I gotta go to the read and post as I go. Normally I can pull even a few minutes but my 2 year old is evil.

I'm not being lazy, I just don't have anything to hide, so I'm just going right out with it. The nice thing about being vanilla is you've got nothing to lose so there's no reason to not just be straightforward.

That being said, anyone ever stop to think about Nala's father?

Because it's probably Mufasa.

At best, it's Scar.

In all cases, The Lion King is about feline incest.

I just ruined your childhood.

You're welcome.
I had been thinking this ever since watching it the first time. And that if Nala and Simba aren't related, it would only be because Simba failed to kill off all the prior sire's young to bring the queens into heat. (Maybe one was only barely pregnant...)

Not sure how common it is, but I think I've seen even/odd protectors before.
This was my first thought as well, but if snowy's claim they they protected themself is true then they couldn't be either an even or an odd night protector sense they ostensibly used that ability two nights in a row.

This was my first thought as well, but if snowy's claim they they protected themself is true then they couldn't be either an even or an odd night protector sense they ostensibly used that ability two nights in a row.

Oh yeah. I guess wolf protector/blocker is way more likely.

Oh yeah. I guess wolf protector/blocker is way more likely.
Except I was only told that I felt "safe and protected" and nothing about blocking. So as far as I can tell, identical ability to what snowy is claiming.

Also, just for the record, were you silenced @LadyOtheFarm ?
Nope. Was really trying to catch up and post several times today. I still have suspicions on Kara and Pippy from what I read this morning, but damned if I can remember who posted the commentary on them that swayed me that way. The lynch didn't head that way at all so I haven't gotten any further than that on reading them.

An item maybe? Pretty sure I've seen that before.