The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:bang: at myself. Forgot that MJ talked about his role earlier in the game.

Given that my role specifically states "You are X! There's not much told to us about X, so as a result you are a vanillager...but you are still a part of the circle of life!" I find it unlikely that a major role would be a vanillager, unless this is a very vanillager heavy game.

I can just maybe see a character as minor as Sarafina described that way, but my initial impression was that MJ wasn't a named character.

MJ, thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Eh, even when I do post or vote, this is how I always end up feeling.
howtomakesushi.jpg

Eh, even when I do post or vote, this is how I always end up feeling.
View attachment 218215
I would totally just throw that fish and rice in a bowl and eat the **** out of it. Depending on if the wrap was still crunchy or already moist, you can eat that by itself... Either way eating fish is a win. Gotta find the bright side. Now get the hell out from under the table and finish convincing me one way or another whether to lynch you or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my god, it's not a tantrum, it's **** talk. When somebody is typing "omfg noob diaf wtf I don't know why you even try" during a game of LoL it's not because they actually hate you, it's because they're giving you **** for being a noob. Rule number one of gaming is don't take anything personally. Unless it's football (the soccer kind), in which case the **** talking is 10x more violent and escalates to physical violence on occasion.
Lol I didn't take it that way at all, it sounds like you're just trying to play the sympathy card and blame other people for voting for you when you're not even really trying (just posting irrelevant memes now? Really?). I think I said this in immuno and I'll say it again, if you don't want to play then don't, no one's forcing you to sign up.

Except I was only told that I felt "safe and protected" and nothing about blocking. So as far as I can tell, identical ability to what snowy is claiming.
The wording of my PM was different, but also said nothing about blocking.

Still didn't make it back before lynch. Imaginary MDT timezone sucks sometimes.

I can see why people switched to Dr. S because her play can be confusing, distracting, and occasionally all over the place as it seemed to be today. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least a wolf or two in that lynch or in the pile onto cheat before that. Not thrilled about the lack of real defense from cheat - but I did read over all that rather quickly and will need to go back over to make any rational thoughts.

I'd like to hear more from Zensing tomorrow. Out of the people on the Dr. S lynch, she's the only one I haven't at least put one tick into the villager category at least once this game. I forget she's playing a lot of the time which also raises my eyebrows. Based on my current spreadsheet and given the role reveals from today which I'm willing to sit on for now (especially Snowy, with the earlier mention of the night acton confirmed by Lyra - I wouldn't expect both those role claims to be hiding wolves so tucking them over to villager for now anyway), might be heading that direction tomorrow.

Nope. Was really trying to catch up and post several times today. I still have suspicions on Kara and Pippy from what I read this morning, but damned if I can remember who posted the commentary on them that swayed me that way. The lynch didn't head that way at all so I haven't gotten any further than that on reading them.

Okay. Well, that kills my silencing theory.

I can see why people switched to Dr. S because her play can be confusing, distracting, and occasionally all over the place as it seemed to be today. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least a wolf or two in that lynch or in the pile onto cheat before that. Not thrilled about the lack of real defense from cheat - but I did read over all that rather quickly and will need to go back over to make any rational thoughts.

The weird thing about cheat is she appears absolutely sketchy, but the way she reacts to being lynched feels like looking at myself in the mirror. She acts just like I used to. Quiet and not knowing how to defend... I'm just so lost on what to do.

The weird thing about cheat is she appears absolutely sketchy, but the way she reacts to being lynched feels like looking at myself in the mirror. She acts just like I used to. Quiet and not knowing how to defend... I'm just so lost on what to do.

I absolutely agree. I actually have a note on my spreadsheet that says "Made a post that sounds EXACTLY like how I feel in WW games". Definitely waffle territory on my sheet, but idk if I want to go there? Therefore going to look elsewhere at least for now, now that Cheat is posting more. Might have to come back again for another look though.

Well, I'm just going to put out there that I was also protected N1. This is not me looking for the other protector, if there is one, to speak up. Please do not. Just putting all info on the table so people can assess...I'm not sure what to think about it myself right now.

It definitely seems weird to have two protectors. But I don't feel like it is a fair wolf role like wolf blocker is (like wouldn't a wolf protector always just block a fellow wolf?).

An item maybe? Pretty sure I've seen that before.

Maybe or I'm wondering if the dead have something to do with it, because they are suppose to have a role in the game, but I don't know what it could be.

Lol I didn't take it that way at all, it sounds like you're just trying to play the sympathy card and blame other people for voting for you when you're not even really trying (just posting irrelevant memes now? Really?). I think I said this in immuno and I'll say it again, if you don't want to play then don't, no one's forcing you to sign up.

The wording of my PM was different, but also said nothing about blocking.
I never said I don't want to play. I'm playing very straightforward. I said how I felt, people said, "oh, how you feel is wolfy."

I then revealed my role, to which people said, "oh, that's wolfy."

I need to start cataloging all of the times people say I sound wolfy. I've yet to break five posts in any game in the past 18 months without having accusations thrown my way post mayoral election, and this game is no exception. That's part of where my ambivalence comes from- no matter what I do, I'm always accused of being a wolf. Every game. Forever. So I just say **** it, reveal my role, and let the villagers lynch me like they do every game. So go ahead, lynch me. It's all so tiresome. I'm not tired of playing werewolf, I'm tired of you all being terrible at reading me.
wwfuture.jpg

As to random memes, they aren't really random, they're just meta.

I never said I don't want to play. I'm playing very straightforward. I said how I felt, people said, "oh, how you feel is wolfy."

I need to start cataloging all of the times people say I sound wolfy. I've yet to break five posts in any game in the past 18 months without having accusations thrown my way post mayoral election, and this game is no exception. That's part of where my ambivalence comes from- no matter what I do, I'm always accused of being a wolf. Every game. Forever. So I just say **** it, reveal my role, and let the villagers lynch me like they do every game. So go ahead, lynch me. It's all so tiresome. I'm not tired of playing werewolf, I'm tired of you all being terrible at reading me.
View attachment 218217
As to random memes, they aren't really random, they're just meta.

I'm stealing this meme.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw you make a statement about how Jilary felt. Not how you felt. Big difference.

For the record, that's the only reason why I unlynched you. Or did you miss that part?

Ok but dude, you are acting wolfy. You've been generally absent, you piggybacked on other people's votes, and then you tossed out some passive-aggressive **** talk when you were challenged. It literally ticks every box for what you do as a wolf, so how is reading that as wolfy being equated with being terrible at reading you?? If there is any chance you're a villager, then it's time to cowboy up and start convincing people not to lynch you. Because I'll be honest, I am like oooone more "none of the noobs understand me" comment away from contingency lynching you right now.

Definitely a possibility. I haven't gotten any items or seen any mentioned so would be nice to know if anyone has had an item.
I haven't so far.

I can just maybe see a character as minor as Sarafina described that way, but my initial impression was that MJ wasn't a named character.
"There's not much told to us about X" Huh, that actually does seem specific enough + consistent with Sarafina. Damn, that would have to be a somewhat long con if fake.

Maybe or I'm wondering if the dead have something to do with it, because they are suppose to have a role in the game, but I don't know what it could be.
Hm, I guess I could see it as a possibility. Trying to remember the last game where the dead had a sort-of role.

Hm, I guess I could see it as a possibility. Trying to remember the last game where the dead had a sort-of role.
Both of the most recent games have, telenovela had messages from the dead and Trilt's period game (is that what we're calling it? lol) had everyone start out as a vanillager and the dead gave out abilities.

Reactions: 1 user
So, I got slammed by emergencies in the 20 minutes before we closed. I left work at 9PM... 2 hours after close.

Anyway, post lynch thoughts...

1. LoTF.... I don't think I've seen a single game related post. I've been letting it slide because new baby. Congrats, by the way, but I can't continue to let it slide.

2. WTF is cheat's defense. I felt some villager posts when she initially came into the thread, but they died and I didn't really see a legitimate defense.

3. Two protectors is odd. For whoever asked how that would benefit a wolf and wouldn't they just use it on wolves. Nope, easy enough to protect a villager, target a different and exactly how many people would lynch a protector? Unless you had good reason to lynch, you wouldn't, so it is a good role for a wolf to have.

4. @Mad Jack are you going to fake ban yourself now? ;)

5. Katashark... we all miss lynches, don't hate you/mad at you but it is one thing to miss a lynch and catch up post thoughts and another to post "everyone must hate me, missed lynch" and then abandon thread. Post something. Analyze people, post thoughts. +1 wolfy here.

That's all for tonight

Last edited:

I wanted to post a "thank you" note before I left, but I needed to run back to AMC.

I enjoyed playing in this game; it was fun, unpredictable, clever and addictive!
Big thanks and hugs to all players and mods in this zany, but lovable "WW" family! :biglove:

Reactions: 6 users

MJ, thoughts?

When MJ first said he was X, not much is known about X, I actually thought he might be Sarafina so his reveal made sense to me

It definitely seems weird to have two protectors. But I don't feel like it is a fair wolf role like wolf blocker is (like wouldn't a wolf protector always just block a fellow wolf?).

Depends on if there is a rezzer and when the dead could start playing a role. If there is a rezzer (you should probably use your ability sooner rather than later), then there would be a delayed add to dead chat and they would likely not start playing a role until N2. If there isn't a rezzer, then I guess it's possible for them to start playing a role N1

Some thoughts from reading back through

AM wanted cheat to give a defense but then switched to DrS when she wasn’t convinced. Also questioned DrS for the sudden change in vote but didn’t give an explanation for her own change in vote. Kept questioning DrS but didn’t change until just before lynch closed

MJ, I believe the role reveal. Earlier someone brought up that vanilla would be a bold claim when Lyra brought it up so it’s possible this is a true role. Does he get this upset when he's not a wolf though?

LoTF has reappeared but still not much there

The night was filled with activities and danger. Some animals watched others while they slept. Others were busy killing. The morning seemed unusually quiet, but they couldn't figure out why. Suddenly an animal exclaimed "There's no music! Where is Rafiki?" All the animals raced to his tree to check on him and found he had been ripped limb from limb.

Dead is @kcoughli, Rafiki, a VILLAGER could look into the hearts of any animal he chose.

Well they were distracted with Rafiki others use this as an opportunity. Suddenly they heard a roar of pain and they ran back to their sleeping spots. Bleeding on the ground they found Nala. All efforts to save her were in vain.

Dead is @hazelmoo, Nala, a VILLAGER who could bring back one of the fallen.

It is now Day 4. Lynch closes at 9PM EST.

Roster
1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
9. @SARdoghandler
11. @Karabiner13
13. @DVMDream
14. @Mad Jack
15. @PippyPony
17. @vetmedhead
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
25. @Jilary

Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu
12. TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC) - The Water Hole
16. genny - Kovu
18. Lupin21 - Banzai
21. LetItSnow - Wildebeest
24. Doctor-S - Elephant Graveyard
10. @hazelmoo - Nala
4. @kcoughli - Rafiki

I was blocked last night so that is a thing in the game.

I was curious as to why Kcough wasn't a kill the previous night. It's a PM lite game so she kind of gave herself away outing Lupes. Why LIS instead?

The night kills are also curious, no noobs have been killed. It also looks like my idea of non-animal kills is out and the wolves have an EON extra kill

For now
lynch AM
for what I said earlier

I will probably be on sporadically until Monday when clinics start but I'll try to get on as often as I can

I was curious as to why Kcough wasn't a kill the previous night. It's a PM lite game so she kind of gave herself away outing Lupes. Why LIS instead?

The night kills are also curious, no noobs have been killed.

Ugh beating myself up because kc was an obvious target last night for this reason and I didn't think about it :arghh: Sorry I suck at this protecting business guys :(

That is curious, but probably because it's easier to trick newer players endgame then it is to trick experienced players?

AM wanted cheat to give a defense but then switched to DrS when she wasn’t convinced. Also questioned DrS for the sudden change in vote but didn’t give an explanation for her own change in vote. Kept questioning DrS but didn’t change until just before lynch closed

I not sure if I'm letting my feelings get in the way, but like I said last night, the way cheat acted seemed a lot like how frustrated I would get when lynched wrongly. And Dr. S' contradictions felt off at the time.

F you wolves :mad:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm probably going to regret not lynching MJ but his role does fit the description he gave. May come back to it.

I was protected again last night, same message as before.

The night kills are also curious, no noobs have been killed. It also looks like my idea of non-animal kills is out and the wolves have an EON extra kill
They probably figured she would be protected, which she should have been every night. Side eyeing both apparent protectors real hard, even though I don't know the identity of the second...
Makes sense for the wolves to wait and try her on a double kill night so they at least wouldn't go a night without a kill if she was protected.

Also, if they do have EON extra kill as it seems, two protectors makes me slightly less suspicious. The second one might even be EON, I don't think anyone else said they were protected n2.

Reactions: 2 users
I was also protected last night.

Also, can someone explain to me why they moved off of MJ? He's pulling his classic guilt tripping in my opinion and I'm inclined to lynch him today but I feel like I'm missing some huge reason why everyone decided he's good.

Lynch MJ

The role claim sounds plausible, but Sarafina's a minor enough character that she may not have been included, and therefore would be safe for a wolf to claim. And like I said last night, he's acting a hell of a lot like he has in the past when he was a wolf, he seems to have completely stopped trying to contribute.

Also, can someone explain to me why they moved off of MJ? He's pulling his classic guilt tripping in my opinion and I'm inclined to lynch him today but I feel like I'm missing some huge reason why everyone decided he's good.
I moved off of him because of the role claim - it seemed believable and consistent with his earlier statements, so I figured it was at least worth giving someone the chance to contest it in case it was a fake claim.

But as I said last night, unless he does some pretty spectacular defending today, I am inclined to park my vote there again and leave it there. Was not thrilled with how his behavior yesterday mimicked his behavior in the last game that we both played.

And speaking of getting him to actually buck up and defend,

************Lynch MJ************

sent from ma fone

So we have 3 protections apparently happening last night? VMH, WZ, and Snowy (I'm assuming you protected yourself as you are saying). I am concerned that while 2 protector roles might not be super odd, 3 seems a bit far fetched. Unless we are thinking there are protection items floating around. I think Pippy mentioned that she was fairly confident items were involved but this still confuses me to some extent and I'm just not entirely sure what to think about it.

The only thing giving me pause is that his role claim now seems pretty consistent with an early-game post regarding his role description (see Zen's post). He's definitely acting no differently from his usual wolf behavior though, so aaaagh. I would've remained parked there today.

Lynch MJ

The role claim sounds plausible, but Sarafina's a minor enough character that she may not have been included, and therefore would be safe for a wolf to claim. And like I said last night, he's acting a hell of a lot like he has in the past when he was a wolf, he seems to have completely stopped trying to contribute.

The only thing giving me pause is that his role claim now seems pretty consistent with an early-game post regarding his role description (see Zen's post). He's definitely acting no differently from his usual wolf behavior though, so aaaagh. I would've remained parked there today.

I don't know if I've ever played with MJ, but I am conflicted. The exasperated giving up feels like genny last game or AM when they are village. But the condescendingness. I'm not sure about. But I think I agree with Deva on this, his role description D1 is consistant with his role. And if wildebeest was added, I wouldn't be too surprised to see other minor characters.

I would like to hear more from LoTF and Kata today as they both checked in last night, but kata didn't post any comments and LoTF didn't post much content either. I don't know if fluff posts are part of her meta, but that's pretty much all she's posted this game so I would like to hear her top suspicions and why.

Lynch LoTF

So we have 3 protections apparently happening last night? VMH, WZ, and Snowy (I'm assuming you protected yourself as you are saying). I am concerned that while 2 protector roles might not be super odd, 3 seems a bit far fetched. Unless we are thinking there are protection items floating around. I think Pippy mentioned that she was fairly confident items were involved but this still confuses me to some extent and I'm just not entirely sure what to think about it.

I actually protected vmh. I took a chance the wolves wouldn't target me because I said I was going to protect myself. On second thought there are a lot of better ways I could have done yesterday to actually be useful, but I obviously wasn't thinking smart.

LYNCH MOAR!!!!! Tater Tot Lynch Tally

AM (1) - kara
MJ (2) - lyra, pippy
LOTF (1) - snowy

Waffleometer: 0
4/18 votes accounted for

Lynch ends ~7.75 hours

I'm not sure I understand your logic here. You "would've remained parked there"? It's still early in the day -- what's stopping you from putting out a lynch vote? Seems a little bit wishy-washy.
I thought the beginning of that post made it clear...

I actually protected vmh. I took a chance the wolves wouldn't target me because I said I was going to protect myself. On second thought there are a lot of better ways I could have done yesterday to actually be useful, but I obviously wasn't thinking smart.

Oh okay, thanks for that clarification! I was really struggling to wrap my head around how the heck we suddenly had so much protecting going on. This makes much more sense.