The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MJ, who would you lynch beyond Dubz?

Nobody has mentioned it lately but Kara still sets off my feelz. All I can really say is that when I read her posts I keep getting the mental image of a person with a blade hidden.

Wish I could tell you that I was a clown in this game but I don't think that would fit with the theme :) To answer your question from last night, it was Kcough's post that got you thinking about me and Pippy

It took me a good 15 seconds of staring to realize what you meant... :laugh: practical-fried brain

Hm, 3m hasn't been on yet today. Kara...she's made a decent amount of posts of substance, which at first glance made me think village--but rereading her history, there's something about it that minorly sketches me out. She put the idea out there that Lupin may have hidden a wolf among her shortlist, made the odd offhand comment about being on the same wavelength as Pippy, and made a lot of quick/busy posts that I could read as possible wolf-playing-helpful. Voted for SAR, unlynched after the info, switched to cheat and then switched to DocS. I wolfed with her in the immuno game and thought she did a pretty awesome job, so it may be a stretch, but I could see her playing sneakily and trying to establish herself as village while putting dead-end theories out there.

You think more highly of my wolfing skills than I do. All I remember in that game was trying to stay under the radar and try to fool some of the wolf mentors. All my comments have been how I'm thinking about the game. Probably because my first game I was a wolf, I tend to approach the game by thinking like a wolf which I realize leads to a lot of WIFOM. Normally there have been people that post WIFOM in response to my posts which makes me think about it and stop but no one had done that so far. I'll try to think about that going forward. Knowing I don't have much time each day, I've been trying to get my thoughts out and they tend to be concise

Will also add that I'd like to hear some more from LOTF, karabou, deva, and kata tomorrow. I may not be able to check in before lynch close (at a meeting) but those are some folks I've been having a hard time getting good reads on.

Now that I've caught up and see the results, I'm going to go back and see who I'd like to hear more from tomorrow

I wonder if this is referring to something in particular, or just artistic license.
I might know. In which case, I think these are hints to the roles of the people up for lynch.

If not, I would suspect it is part of someone's role to investigate people this way. Since I really think I see who these people are, I think the first.

I'm feeling feels in pippy's direction actually.
This has been another suspicion of mine, but I go back and forth on it. Everytime I trend to thinking wolfy, I see something that pulls me back the other way, so hence I haven't acted on it at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wish I could tell you that I was a clown in this game but I don't think that would fit with the theme :) To answer your question from last night, it was Kcough's post that got you thinking about me and Pippy
Thank you for that. It is at least a part of it, but reading your posts by myself I keep wondering. There just hasn't been anything solid for me to pin my hat on.

tumblr_o7ekrlcJ1r1qlu8two2_500.gif

All kidding aside, you know I can never be upset with you over WW. I mean, we've got a long line of betrayal going back years at this point, every game is just water under the bridge when it goes south.

Reactions: 2 users
Dubz is starting to remind me of when she wolfs and genuinely gets upset at people following her or doing things that aren't good for the village. Not sure if I'm seeing things there or not.

I think she is playing more like the period game then the last game she was a wolf (though I didn't play that game so I wasn't following as closely). I have slight feels to her, but more like if she were a third party (if that's in the game) then a wolf.. Or it could just be me normally reading her sketchy as I almost always do.

I'm feeling feels in pippy's direction actually.

I agree. She didn't say much today and I think it's weird she didn't ask MJ anything more today or comment on the LoTF/kata/kara discussions earlier because she normally has a lot to say (or did I just miss it?). Also the I'm confused comment. Some things she has said I have definitely agreed with this game, so gotta read through tomorrow and decide whether I should move her to my wolf leans. Might vote there tomorrow.

I'm sorry I missed lynch last night guys. Got stuck at work ridiculously late. I should be able to go through the thread after my class today and get caught up!

Dubz is starting to remind me of when she wolfs and genuinely gets upset at people following her or doing things that aren't good for the village. Not sure if I'm seeing things there or not
Sorry MJ. At least I know the trend of reading you wrong continues.

I genuinely get upset at people following me when I village too. More wary than upset actually. Because typically I'm wrong so it's weird to me for people to agree with me.
I also get grumpy when people just latch onto my ideas and don't contribute, but WZ is ringing my alarms. Started yesterday around the MJ lynch... I feel like she is generally more actually unwilling to lynch him, not just putting up all the pretenses about it and eventually "settling" there. Just didn't read genuine to me. My vote may go there next since nobody seems to be biting for lotf.

I think she is playing more like the period game then the last game she was a wolf (though I didn't play that game so I wasn't following as closely). I have slight feels to her, but more like if she were a third party (if that's in the game) then a wolf.. Or it could just be me normally reading her sketchy as I almost always do.
Gotta say, I'm never gonna get orange the fact that my game is going down in history as the "period game." Lol.

Reactions: 5 users
I agree. She didn't say much today and I think it's weird she didn't ask MJ anything more today or comment on the LoTF/kata/kara discussions earlier because she normally has a lot to say (or did I just miss it?). Also the I'm confused comment. Some things she has said I have definitely agreed with this game, so gotta read through tomorrow and decide whether I should move her to my wolf leans. Might vote there tomorrow.
I think I got a twinge when she was like "WZ and I are on the same page!" a couple days ago but kind of ignored it at the time. Now I just get the feeling she's not quite playing like herself. We had talked about her meta beingn difficult to maintain as a villager or a wolf, so I'm hesitant to jump on her just for that (would be a little hypocritical of me) but it's still making me wary.
I also get grumpy when people just latch onto my ideas and don't contribute, but WZ is ringing my alarms. Started yesterday around the MJ lynch... I feel like she is generally more actually unwilling to lynch him, not just putting up all the pretenses about it and eventually "settling" there. Just didn't read genuine to me. My vote may go there next since nobody seems to be biting for lotf.
Are...are you saying it's somehow a bad thing not to have a blind spot towards him? I spent a good amount of time yesterday going through his posts from old games. Obviously it led me to the wrong conclusion but I would not call my vote "settling."

The villagers were tired of being scared. They were just tired period. Always sleeping with one eye open, waiting to find killers, it was exhausting. Maybe some had gone crazy, they were seen talking to themselves under the stars. Most animals slept in hudles and in shifts for protection. Except one. Pumbaa slept off by himself, no one wanted to sleep near him because of his sleep farts. So when they awoke to find his best friend wailing over his corpse, they miiiight have felt a little guilty.

Dead is @SARdoghandler Pumbaa, a VILLAGER, who could chat with his best friend whenever he wanted. Boy I hope Timon's ok.

It is now Day 5. 16 players remain. Lynch closes at 9PM EST.

Roster:
1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
11. @Karabiner13
13. @DVMDream
15. @PippyPony
17. @vetmedhead
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
25. @Jilary

Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu
12. TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC) - The Water Hole
16. genny - Kovu
18. Lupin21 - Banzai
21. LetItSnow - Wildebeest
24. Doctor-S - Elephant Graveyard
10. hazelmoo - Nala
4. kcoughli - Rafiki
14. Mad Jack - Sarafina
9. @SARdoghandler - Pumbaa

Members don't see this ad :)
If people have been getting items as Pippy said they maybe might be, could we have some discussion on those items and how they've been used? I'm kind of doubting their existence when it's day 5 and I haven't seen them mentioned at all, and there's no reason to keep item usage under wraps.

Reactions: 1 users
Well I feel like there are a handful of people we haven't heard much from. Less than me that is. Anyone have any thoughts? We need to get another wolf.. losing a lot of villagers

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

The above posts from the above people all came off weird to me when I was trying to read back through.

Now get the hell out from under the table and finish convincing me one way or another whether to lynch you or not.

Lotf's post seemed to be calling MJ out that he needed to be playing more and felt forced in a sketchy wasylike some of her other posts that I've read...

So yeah had to go back to September to find the last time MJ was a villager. Oddly enough the last couple times he was village (Animorphs, Under the Sea, Magical, Minecraft, DRoP) he was never, as far as I can tell, in serious danger of being lynched. I can't find a single village game in the last year where he responded the way he did last night, whereas it has been his MO for several wolf games. Hell I can't even find the last time he was lynched as a villager.

The only conclusion I can come to is that we all have him figured out and he must be a wolf now.

lynch MJ

Really that's the ONLY conclusion? idk this came off super sketch to me (though overall I would say that WZ hasn't read overly wolfy to me before this post)

LYNCH MJ due to everything that has been said. Keeping the same mode as other games that he has been a wolf. And even though he was standing up for me last night his comment brought a lot of attention due to how it was worded

I've been defending cheat early on because she seemed to be playing how she has tended to in the past. Now that she's made it farther than she has usually, though, I feel like random posts like this that are just agreeing with what everyone else has already said are making me feel less convinced of her villager status.

I cannot pin point something specific, but I should say that I'm starting to have feels for Kara...

I got an item yesterday night. A leaf platter of grubs. I ate it and it said I felt safe and happy :shrug:

I would like to hear from 3m as well and I could still switch to deva or lotf but to put a bit of pressure on her:

Lynch Pippy

Really that's the ONLY conclusion? idk this came off super sketch to me (though overall I would say that WZ hasn't read overly wolfy to me before this post)
That was a bit tongue in cheek that I suppose didn't come across.

Reactions: 1 user
Lupin's D1 vote and focus on cheat makes me more comfortable she is probably village. But I didn't like her no defense on the day she was up for lynch.

Can anyone vouch (strongly or slightly) for Kara? I think her posts are coming off village but since everyone is worried about her it might make me feel better about her.

I had an item last night. It allowed me to ask the spirits a question.

I can understand this, although I remember from Star Wars that you're pretty good at picking up on roles so just a bit surprised you didn't protect kcough

Sigh I know I should have.. I was playing it like a basic game when I should have been playing it more like a theme game (not that that probably makes sense to anyone but me) Anyways I'm back on track I hope. (Also I think I have a trend of unintentionally screwing kc over most games - sorry kc)

Okay Everyone: now I know this is mechanics, but what are your thoughts on conversions, chaos, neutral being in the game? And what do you think chaos would be if in game? The main characters seem pretty black and white so maybe a resource?

Last edited:
Sigh I know I should have.. I was playing it like a basic game when I should have been playing it more like a theme game (not that that probably makes sense to anyone but me) Anyways I'm back on track I hope. (Also I think I have a trend of unintentionally screwing kc over most games - sorry kc)

Okay Everyone: now I know this is mechanics, but what are your thoughts on conversions, chaos, neutral being in the game? And what do you think chaos would be if in game? The main characters seem pretty black and white so maybe a resource?

Who did you protect last night?

I think I was blocked last night. Wording isn't exactly clear to me so I am getting clarification.

If people have been getting items as Pippy said they maybe might be, could we have some discussion on those items and how they've been used? I'm kind of doubting their existence when it's day 5 and I haven't seen them mentioned at all, and there's no reason to keep item usage under wraps.

I have not had any items

Well I feel like there are a handful of people we haven't heard much from. Less than me that is. Anyone have any thoughts? We need to get another wolf.. losing a lot of villagers

Who would you like to hear from then?

If Zen is right about the non-animal roles being Elephant Graveyard, Pride Rock, and The Water Hole and there aren't anymore non-animal roles, then I don't think Pride Rock would be chaos or neutral

Who would you like to hear from then?

cheat already said that she wanted to hear from vmh.

If Zen is right about the non-animal roles being Elephant Graveyard, Pride Rock, and The Water Hole and there aren't anymore non-animal roles, then I don't think Pride Rock would be chaos or neutral

Did I miss something? Zen said there aren't anymore non-animal roles?

The Almost Noon Lynch Tally

Pippy (1) - Snowy
Zensing (1) - WZ
Kata (1) - DVMD

Waffles: 0
3/16 Voting
Lynch closes in just over 9 hours

Is this a you trust Zen? Because I think she was just speculating and not that she knew for sure. This sounds sketch like you don't want us to think there are any others that *may* be a wolf o_O

Also pride rock could be neutral, because it didn't care who ruled on it. But I guess if the watering hole was village, pride rick is probably village too.

cheat already said that she wanted to hear from vmh.

Did I miss something? Zen said there aren't anymore non-animal roles?

I was quoting cheat's second post after Snowy said VMH was probably village so I was wanting cheat to give more than just a generic wanting to hear from people who haven't posted much

No Zen didn't say there aren't anymore non-animal roles. I'm doing this from memory and I think it was Zen that made a guess after BBC died that if there were anymore non-animal roles, then they would likely be elephant graveyard and pride rock. Elephant graveyard was DrS so I'm guessing pride rock is also in the game and would not be neutral or chaos.

So far I'd like to hear from Kata. Looking back over the lynch last night I found Kata odd. Her top suspect was me yet she voted MJ for self-preservation. I don't think it was really at a point where it would have needed self preservation as it was a slow lynch and seemed like most people were going with MJ. Also seemed like Kata was around near the end of lynch so she should have been able to switch if needed

Is this a you trust Zen? Because I think she was just speculating and not that she knew for sure. This sounds sketch like you don't want us to think there are any others that *may* be a wolf o_O

Also pride rock could be neutral, because it didn't care who ruled on it. But I guess if the watering hole was village, pride rick is probably village too.
I'm honestly all over the place this game as I'm mostly doing things from memory. It's more I trust Zen's speculation about the non-animal roles than how I feel about Zen

I agree. She didn't say much today and I think it's weird she didn't ask MJ anything more today or comment on the LoTF/kata/kara discussions earlier because she normally has a lot to say (or did I just miss it?). Also the I'm confused comment.
I had to work, and then I went to dinner with my husband who got mad at me for trying to check my phone at dinner. Got home around lynch close, was exhausted/slightly tipsy, made that one comment, and passed out on the couch by ~9:30. I know, I lead a glamorous life.

But honestly, I don't think that my opinion would have changed even if I had been able to say more stuff yesterday -- MJ was ticking every single box for what I saw him do as a wolf in the vet clinic game, and reading through his comments yesterday didn't change my mind. The behavior stood out to me because he was specifically antagonizing me in that game, and it was...memorable haha. So, I was honestly surprised when he flipped village because I thought I finally had some solid feels on someone. (And, as an aside, I'm a little ticked because I thought his noob **** talking was just a wolfy thing for him, but apparently it's just an MJ thing. I don't know if he has always done that, but regardless, it's not my fave).

I think I got a twinge when she was like "WZ and I are on the same page!" a couple days ago but kind of ignored it at the time. Now I just get the feeling she's not quite playing like herself. We had talked about her meta beingn difficult to maintain as a villager or a wolf, so I'm hesitant to jump on her just for that (would be a little hypocritical of me) but it's still making me wary.
Simultaneous laugh/sigh at this, because I have been thinking about this conversation a lot. Every day I've had to work this week (Monday, Tuesday, yesterday), I've gotten called out for my play style being different. So yeah, PSA: don't ever back yourself into a corner where you have to post huge volumes of stuff, because the moment you stop, people think it's sketchy. I'm not sketchy, guys. I just have a job, and am also kind of sucking at this game.

But, day off today and 3 biochem lectures that I need to get busy procrastinating, so sounds like a perfect opportunity to get back in the miiiiiix

I'd like to hear from @Trilt and @Devastating a little more. I'm not getting any reads from the people that are actively posting.

No Zen didn't say there aren't anymore non-animal roles. I'm doing this from memory and I think it was Zen that made a guess after BBC died that if there were anymore non-animal roles, then they would likely be elephant graveyard and pride rock. Elephant graveyard was DrS so I'm guessing pride rock is also in the game and would not be neutral or chaos.

I'd expect The Outlands to be in here too. So if not the Pride Rock, I could see that place being chaos/neutral.

I'm honestly all over the place this game as I'm mostly doing things from memory. It's more I trust Zen's speculation about the non-animal roles than how I feel about Zen

So, if I'm understanding correctly, you trust Zen's speculation but are unsure of Zen?

Seriously, we're going to talk about what may or may not exist in the game instead of discussing people and who does or doesn't seem wolfy???

Reactions: 2 users
As I said earlier, I found Kata's lynch odd last night.

Dubz I've been having feelings I couldn't put a finger to and then last night with the MJ lynch they just went up.

Trilt I'm having a hard time getting a read on. She seems to not be as assertive as usual with her opinions. There are times she is but it seems like during lynches she's almost pulling her punches

Zen I've been waffling on. At times she says things I agree with and then there are times like during the lynch yesterday where she says things that put her more towards wolf

Lynch WZ

Seriously, we're going to talk about what may or may not exist in the game instead of discussing people and who does or doesn't seem wolfy???

We can discuss you, if you want, since your comments yesterday (while entertaining) did nothing to alleviate my earlier concerns about you posting increased fluff.

Although, this post is a step back in the right direction.

@PippyPony that's cool. I realize there is irl stuff in people's lives that take up time but your big long post was pretty much just excuses so I'll wait for your further analysis of stuff before I decide if I want to move my vote :p

We can discuss you, if you want, since your comments yesterday (while entertaining) did nothing to alleviate my earlier concerns about you posting increased fluff.

Although, this post is a step back in the right direction.

Seriously, I didn't just post fluff yesterday, maybe you need to go reread.. you weren't even around yesterday