The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lynching me will at least plant the seed of how meta I was actually playing. Was I ever angry? Do I hate my life for real? Do I have an entire folder of depression gifs for lulz or for serious? Where does player MJ end and real MJ begin? Is MJ just saying meta because it gets on DVMD's nerves?
View attachment 218238

Unlynch kata
Lunch MJ... :mooning:

Members don't see this ad.

It's funny, while reading through today I was getting feels on kata and thought it was odd that no one else seemed to be noticing it.
I'm not liking the lack of participation from kata or LotF and could vote there next if they don't step things up and start providing some reads, but I want to crack the MJ egg first.

Ok damn it, I'm making my freaking spreadsheet finally. Who claimed/was the wildebeasts? Cause that would be a suspicion for wolf for me.
LIS was a wildebeest and a villager, he's dead. My guess is the wolves are the hyenas and Scar.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MJ, who would you lynch beyond Dubz?

Nobody has mentioned it lately but Kara still sets off my feelz. All I can really say is that when I read her posts I keep getting the mental image of a person with a blade hidden.

(I am not on a freaking computer people. You will not often get the long ISO posts on individual players nor the full lists of where I place people on my leaning reads out of me because I don't have the time or patience to go through all that ish on my phone and I will forget people. So if you feel like I don't contribute enough because I don't play copycat with the new post style, even as I (as promised) slowly increase play and involvement, suck it up buttercup. I will still find the freaking wolves eventually and have a damned good time doing it, I will just continue to ignore the comments that whine about me not posting in the proper style. And yes, some of my posts might not mean much to most of you, but especially as I get more and more involved, some of the stuff I say is targeted at certain people and their ticks. I will likely never change that because I like figuring out people.

Ok, since I am grouchy, probably time to get more pain meds on board. :)

Official Bear Tally

AM (1) - kara
MJ (6) - lyra, pippy, WZ, AM, cheat, zen
LOTF (2) - snowy, trilt
WZ (0) -
Kata (3) - dvm, jil, MJ
Karabiner (1) - lotf

Waffleometer: 3 (2 dvmd, 1 with preserves (MJ))
13/18 votes accounted for

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lynch MJ

His lynch reaction is extremely reminiscent of when he was a wolf, and I don't think his posted role template matches Sarafina (looks more like something for an animal than a named character).
That was actually my first thought whenever he made the post (and then I completely forgot about it until you brought it up again yesterday), but it's the "not much is told to us about..." that gets me. It may be a small tidbit, but to me that is not something a generic non-named animal would have. And while it doesn't preclude others from being vanilla, so far a known generic animal (wildebeest) did have an ability.

I actually protected vmh. I took a chance the wolves wouldn't target me because I said I was going to protect myself. On second thought there are a lot of better ways I could have done yesterday to actually be useful, but I obviously wasn't thinking smart.
fwiw, I don't think this was a bad choice. Not the right choice, but not bad.
I guess I don't entirely understand why having consistency in a role claim is more village than wolf (imo role consistency is kind of a neutral thing and doesn't lean someone one way or the other for me). It's easy for a wolf to toss out on thread that their role is minor, and also easy for them to pick a cover role early in the game and just roll with it. I was getting thrown by the Sarafina claim because she's just a very minor character and only had like one line in the whole movie.
Just, from having been on the mod side a lot... this happens way less often than you'd think. Most of the time a cover role is dropped early, it's because it is forced, a la STL in Pokémon with BI looking over his shoulder. Much easier to hold cards close until more of the field has been sussed out to figure out what may or may not have been taken.

Not saying it doesn't happen. And hey, MJ has most definitely fooled me before. But I feel better about him.
Leaving noobs alive is a good way to mess up villagers I feel like and sway the game towards wolves. Blind leading the blind sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
:rolleyes:

come onnnnn.
And then, I am behind, so if something has changed forgive me but I basically read the whole MJ thing as a 50/50 bet.

I don't see the kills being quite consistent with him, but I know he may not be contributing behind the scenes as much as he used to if his interactions are pretty consistent across SDN so a bunch of young wolves with him might be just trying to pick off people who intimidate them.

Serafina could easily be real, but would also be a pretty safe grab for a cover role. So I am waiting on a hint either way.
What exactly are you wanting from him? He defended. He's here. Question him and get the info you need.
MJ, who would you lynch beyond Dubz?

Nobody has mentioned it lately but Kara still sets off my feelz. All I can really say is that when I read her posts I keep getting the mental image of a person with a blade hidden.

(I am not on a freaking computer people. You will not often get the long ISO posts on individual players nor the full lists of where I place people on my leaning reads out of me because I don't have the time or patience to go through all that ish on my phone and I will forget people. So if you feel like I don't contribute enough because I don't play copycat with the new post style, even as I (as promised) slowly increase play and involvement, suck it up buttercup. I will still find the freaking wolves eventually and have a damned good time doing it, I will just continue to ignore the comments that whine about me not posting in the proper style. And yes, some of my posts might not mean much to most of you, but especially as I get more and more involved, some of the stuff I say is targeted at certain people and their ticks. I will likely never change that because I like figuring out people.

Ok, since I am grouchy, probably time to get more pain meds on board. :)
Oh look a question. lol.

I'm not requiring a "copycat with the new post style," (whatever the heck that means), you've just given nada so far this game beyond excuses about why you're busy and why you can't give reads and whatnot. I'm busy af these last couple days, but you don't see me wasting my limited time making excuses for it. I just get my reads in.

Reactions: 3 users
lynch Kata

to put a vote/pressure on board, and from my previous ISO feels. Going to iso people again.

Yawn Lynch Tally
AM (1) - kara
MJ (6) - lyra, pippy, WZ, AM, cheat, zen
LOTF (2) - snowy, trilt
WZ (0) -
Kata (4) - dvm, jil, MJ, deva
Karabiner (1) - lotf

Waffleometer: 3 (2 dvmd, 1 with preserves (MJ))
14/18 votes accounted for

I wasn't trying to defend MJ. I was just making observations. First people don't like me because I'm barely here. Now I'm here and really trying today and that's still sketchy? Whatever folks. I'm trying my best.

lynch mj

so that i don't end up getting lynched.

Hmm, but you're ok with Lyra's vanillager claim? I haven't seen you call her out. Interesting
At risk of throwing subtlety out the window... Lyra called out a major character that wouldn't make sense as a vanillager. I don't believe her vanillager claim, but I believe her role given no one else has said anything, so I believe that she's lying for the right reasons.

MJ set the ground early for claiming a vanillager role, but between his response sounding wolfy and the fact that I'm now doubting vanillagers exist at all, I no longer trust the vanillager claim. Setting up the vanillager claim without outside pressure at start sounds like a wolf who started the game attempting to claim vanillager and is now stuck with it; Lyra sounds like someone trying to sound less important than she is. So, yes, I'm more OK with Lyra's claim than MJ's.

I don't know if wildebeests are super minor. While there aren't any named wildebeests in the movies, I'm sure that everyone vividly recalls the scene in the movie where the wildebeests trample Mufasa to death

Sarafina shows up on most lists of googling "lion king main characters" and with the role description D1 and multiple people vouching for lyra as vanillager (so there are noted vanillager roles out there), I will take MJ's reveal right now.

I'm torn on the MJ issue. Honestly the fact that WZ feels he's wolfy makes me think he's less wolfy since she is usually wrong about him. I see what everyone is seeing, and I agree he could have either started with a cover role or lucked out on picking that role. For now I'll put my vote elsewhere.

What do you think of MJ voting based on your feels yesterday?

At risk of throwing subtlety out the window... Lyra called out a major character that wouldn't make sense as a vanillager. I don't believe her vanillager claim, but I believe her role given no one else has said anything, so I believe that she's lying for the right reasons.

MJ set the ground early for claiming a vanillager role, but between his response sounding wolfy and the fact that I'm now doubting vanillagers exist at all, I no longer trust the vanillager claim. Setting up the vanillager claim without outside pressure at start sounds like a wolf who started the game attempting to claim vanillager and is now stuck with it; Lyra sounds like someone trying to sound less important than she is. So, yes, I'm more OK with Lyra's claim than MJ's.
There's very rarely a game that doesn't have 1-2 vanillagers, I find your idea that no vanillagers exist to be suspect. And it won't really matter, this is too deep in to really matter. I just hope that all of this talking will give you guys enough evidence to sort out which of the people that were supporting me/throwing me under the bus might have been a wolf once you see that I rolled vanillager.

Coming outright and saying your role when you're a vanillager carries no potential of loss, hence why I just did it. I've got no cards to hold, just an alignment.

Kara's vote seems random. I haven't found AM to be particularly sketchy. I'm always wary of Zen just because she's a good player.

Actually I was going to ask AM about her top wolf reads, because I don't feel like I've heard a lot of her reads. And there were a couple interactions in the first couple days that were giving me weird vibes. I will try to find them later. Maybe I am biased because Kara thinks a lot like me, but I have been finding her posts pretty reasonable with original thoughts. And she's kept discussion up a couple times when there wasn't many people talking which I like.

I'll agree I'm wary of Zen too for that reason.

Is this really happening though? Most people I are vouching for her based on role rather than vanillager I feel like.

Oh maybe. That would make sense. Honestly, I still think a lot of her posts are sketch, but I'm not pushing her because multiple people believe her and said to back off that vote (which I consider as vouching villager - but true not necessarily vanilla).

Oh maybe. That would make sense. Honestly, I still think a lot of her posts are sketch, but I'm not pushing her because multiple people believe her and said to back off that vote (which I consider as vouching villager - but true not necessarily vanilla).
Yeah, exactly. I feel the same way. Sketchy, but enough people told me to let it go, so I did. Like Hmoo who was a villager.

There's a lot of gassing people down going on in this thread.... ;) :p
It took me a good 15 seconds of staring to realize what you meant... :laugh: practical-fried brain

Hm, 3m hasn't been on yet today. Kara...she's made a decent amount of posts of substance, which at first glance made me think village--but rereading her history, there's something about it that minorly sketches me out. She put the idea out there that Lupin may have hidden a wolf among her shortlist, made the odd offhand comment about being on the same wavelength as Pippy, and made a lot of quick/busy posts that I could read as possible wolf-playing-helpful. Voted for SAR, unlynched after the info, switched to cheat and then switched to DocS. I wolfed with her in the immuno game and thought she did a pretty awesome job, so it may be a stretch, but I could see her playing sneakily and trying to establish herself as village while putting dead-end theories out there.

It took me a good 15 seconds of staring to realize what you meant... :laugh: practical-fried brain

Hm, 3m hasn't been on yet today. Kara...she's made a decent amount of posts of substance, which at first glance made me think village--but rereading her history, there's something about it that minorly sketches me out. She put the idea out there that Lupin may have hidden a wolf among her shortlist, made the odd offhand comment about being on the same wavelength as Pippy, and made a lot of quick/busy posts that I could read as possible wolf-playing-helpful. Voted for SAR, unlynched after the info, switched to cheat and then switched to DocS. I wolfed with her in the immuno game and thought she did a pretty awesome job, so it may be a stretch, but I could see her playing sneakily and trying to establish herself as village while putting dead-end theories out there.
Thank you

Will also add that I'd like to hear some more from LOTF, karabou, deva, and kata tomorrow. I may not be able to check in before lynch close (at a meeting) but those are some folks I've been having a hard time getting good reads on.

Will also add that I'd like to hear some more from LOTF, karabou, deva, and kata tomorrow. I may not be able to check in before lynch close (at a meeting) but those are some folks I've been having a hard time getting good reads on.
I've really been trying today to put more thoughts out there on thread and actually be around.

More Yawn Lynch Tally
AM (1) - kara
MJ (8) - lyra, pippy, WZ, AM, cheat, zen, kata, vmh
LOTF (2) - snowy, trilt
WZ (0) -
Kata (4) - dvmd, jil, MJ, deva
Karabiner (1) - lotf

Waffleometer: 3
16/18 votes accounted for
Roll call: @mmmdreamerz @SARdoghandler

ONE HOUR LEFT.

I've really been trying today to put more thoughts out there on thread and actually be around.

Where are your reads then? I've seen maybe one or two... about MJ and zen. Not really giving many reads but you are quick to respond to people mentioning your name.

Reactions: 2 users
I just skimmed like six hours of thread posts after class, so you'll have to give me until later tonight to read your posts a little more thoroughly. I knew when I was reading through that I wouldn't have time to be thoughtful about deciding whether or not to lynch you, which is why I didn't lynch you tonight so I can have some time to reassess some thoughts tonight.

Where are your reads then? I've seen maybe one or two... about MJ and zen. Not really giving many reads but you are quick to respond to people mentioning your name.

kara - her vote seems a bit random. i've never played with her, but some posts put me off.
zen - too good for me to ever trust her. lol. could go either way.
snowshoe - we seem to be agreeing a lot - like on the lyra thing, which throws me off. usually my thoughts don't align with someone that well, so could be trying to make me trust them.
MJ - I just thought was being regular ole MJ. To me, plays the same as either wolf/villager. could go either way for me. i believe the role though.
lotf - just seems super busy with a new baby
vmh and you - seem fine.
wz - feels off. nothing really to go off of though.
lyra - believe role, don't believe ability. i don't want to lynch her.

i really have nothing solid. just general feelings.

Lads and ladettes, it's been a good run. You can close the lynch or whatever, I really don't feel like sticking around to fight about this.

Well, time for my last words.
giphy.gif

:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:
Oh, and I really am a villager. And I really am depressed and overworked and have very little patience.
:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Reactions: 2 users
kara - her vote seems a bit random. i've never played with her, but some posts put me off.
zen - too good for me to ever trust her. lol. could go either way.
snowshoe - we seem to be agreeing a lot - like on the lyra thing, which throws me off. usually my thoughts don't align with someone that well, so could be trying to make me trust them.
MJ - I just thought was being regular ole MJ. To me, plays the same as either wolf/villager. could go either way for me. i believe the role though.
lotf - just seems super busy with a new baby
vmh and you - seem fine.
wz - feels off. nothing really to go off of though.
lyra - believe role, don't believe ability. i don't want to lynch her.

i really have nothing solid. just general feelings.

I'm confused, aren't you voting MJ right now? And if it helps we aren't quite on the same wavelength because I don't agree with half+ of these reads :p

What do you think of MJ voting based on your feels yesterday?
I'm not sure I entirely understand your question. Are you asking how I felt about MJ yesterday? Because I can't say I really remember. Initially I remember being unsure of his role claim until Zen quoted his post from earlier, then I believed it. When he posted about trusting my judgement, my first thought was "Boy, that comment there is gonna get you lynched!" because other people were expressing concern about me at the time. Then I couldn't decide if he was trying to pocket me or if he was really a wolf and hoping that when he got lynched as a wolf it would cast shade in my direction. If he's a wolf, I'm inclined to believe he was given a cover role and didn't make that up, it's also possible he is telling the truth. Those are my current feels disregarding WZ's current reads on him.

Night closed. Results pending. Check your votes.

More Yawn Lynch Tally
AM (1) - kara
MJ (8) - lyra, pippy, WZ, AM, cheat, zen, kata, vmh
LOTF (2) - snowy, trilt
WZ (0) -
Kata (4) - dvmd, jil, MJ, deva
Karabiner (1) - lotf

tenor.gif

Yes, 'oh the shame' may be appropriate today. The residents of the savannah were appalled to find two of their own brutally murdered overnight. Some of the animals were accused of behaving differently lately. Others kept to themselves. One lion cub was seen taking pouncing lessons from an adolescent lion. Discussion centered on who might be responsible for the killings. Several named were bandied about, until one was settled upon. Surely, this character is up to no good?

Lynched is @Mad Jack, Sarafina, a VILLAGER without any abilities.

It is now night 4. 17 players remain. Night will close at 9 am Eastern. Don't forget about night actions.

Roster:
1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
9. @SARdoghandler
11. @Karabiner13
13. @DVMDream
15. @PippyPony
17. @vetmedhead
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
25. @Jilary

Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu
12. TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC) - The Water Hole
16. genny - Kovu
18. Lupin21 - Banzai
21. LetItSnow - Wildebeest
24. Doctor-S - Elephant Graveyard
10. @hazelmoo - Nala
4. @kcoughli - Rafiki
14. @Mad Jack - Sarafina

I not sure if I'm letting my feelings get in the way, but like I said last night, the way cheat acted seemed a lot like how frustrated I would get when lynched wrongly. And Dr. S' contradictions felt off at the time.

I guess I just thought it odd that after you were questioning DrS so much you didn't switch your vote until right before lynch closed. Almost so it wouldn't look bad on you. But I understand your reasoning now

They probably figured she would be protected, which she should have been every night. Side eyeing both apparent protectors real hard, even though I don't know the identity of the second...
Makes sense for the wolves to wait and try her on a double kill night so they at least wouldn't go a night without a kill if she was protected.

haha, yeah I thought of this after I posted. That's what I get for posting quickly rather than letting myself have fully formed thoughts

I actually protected vmh. I took a chance the wolves wouldn't target me because I said I was going to protect myself. On second thought there are a lot of better ways I could have done yesterday to actually be useful, but I obviously wasn't thinking smart.

I can understand this, although I remember from Star Wars that you're pretty good at picking up on roles so just a bit surprised you didn't protect kcough

Dang it, I thought we were onto something today. :(

One lion cub was seen taking pouncing lessons from an adolescent lion.
I wonder if this is referring to something in particular, or just artistic license.

I've played with him for 3 years and I refuse to believe that I'll ever be able to accurately read him. Besides that, he plays much differently now than he used to. That's why I didn't go back any further than a year. Unfortunately the village MJ data in the last couple months is nonexistent.

I honestly don't want everyone to just rely on my read of the situation so please, have your own thoughts and opinions and discuss other options.

Dubz is starting to remind me of when she wolfs and genuinely gets upset at people following her or doing things that aren't good for the village. Not sure if I'm seeing things there or not

lynch MJ

His lynch reaction is extremely reminiscent of when he was a wolf, and I don't think his posted role template matches Sarafina (looks more like something for an animal than a named character).

Also, the fact that we've found no vanillagers, even among a wildebeest, makes me doubt that one exists, which makes me doubt MJ's original role template.

In the intro post Coop alluded to not being able to use role PMs or role templates to be able to tell if people are village or not so this seems odd to mention. The way kills are being done also reminds me of how Zen tried to get the quiet players killed off in .WW

Sorry MJ. At least I know the trend of reading you wrong continues.

Dubz is starting to remind me of when she wolfs and genuinely gets upset at people following her or doing things that aren't good for the village. Not sure if I'm seeing things there or not
I genuinely get upset at people following me when I village too. More wary than upset actually. Because typically I'm wrong so it's weird to me for people to agree with me.