-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread
Started by Coopah
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Lynch Kara
Because rng wolf roles like her. And to get another person out there, but will probably change after more people have checked in.
Because rng wolf roles like her. And to get another person out there, but will probably change after more people have checked in.
Checking in this morning while I have some spare time.
I have not seen "The Lion King" movie. So, I am not familiar with the movie's characters. Sheesh! I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be hopelessly lost in this game!
I thought "resources" means some type of power, artifact, ability, or item.
I'm also speculating that "dark thoughts" is referring to evil characters (because villains would have "dark thoughts"); and that "this new darkness" is referring to the main villain in this game.
I have not seen "The Lion King" movie. So, I am not familiar with the movie's characters. Sheesh! I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be hopelessly lost in this game!
I thought "resources" means some type of power, artifact, ability, or item.
I'm also speculating that "dark thoughts" is referring to evil characters (because villains would have "dark thoughts"); and that "this new darkness" is referring to the main villain in this game.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't have any "feels" for anyone right now.
********Checking in this morning while I have some spare time.
I have not seen "The Lion King" movie. So, I am not familiar with the movie's characters. Sheesh! I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be hopelessly lost in this game!
I thought "resources" means some type of power, artifact, ability, or item.
I'm also speculating that "dark thoughts" is referring to evil characters (because villains would have "dark thoughts"); and that "this new darkness" is referring to the main villain in this game.
How... how have you never seen the Lion king? Do you just not like happiness?

(But if you know Hamlet, you basically know the lion king)
********
Checking in this morning while I have some spare time.
I have not seen "The Lion King" movie. So, I am not familiar with the movie's characters. Sheesh! I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be hopelessly lost in this game!
I thought "resources" means some type of power, artifact, ability, or item.
I'm also speculating that "dark thoughts" is referring to evil characters (because villains would have "dark thoughts"); and that "this new darkness" is referring to the main villain in this game.
Here's the entire movie broken up into smaller sections.
I don't know why I have not seen the Lion King - especially since I love happiness and sweetness.********
How... how have you never seen the Lion king? Do you just not like happiness?
(But if you know Hamlet, you basically know the lion king)
********
AM, thanks for the link!
I have not seen "The Lion King" movie. So, I am not familiar with the movie's characters. Sheesh! I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to be hopelessly lost in this game!
********
How... how have you never seen the Lion king? Do you just not like happiness?
(But if you know Hamlet, you basically know the lion king)
********
**********I don't know why I have not seen the Lion King - especially since I love happiness and sweetness.
**********
Geez! Am I the only person in this game who has not seen Lion King?
*******Geez! Am I the only person in this game who has not seen Lion King?
(probably)
*******
I don't know why I have not seen the Lion King - especially since I love happiness and sweetness.
AM, thanks for the link!
Actually, scratch that. The camera recording it made me feel sick from the awkward movements. 🤢 Here's a better version.
@SkiOtter ... okay, I may be an outcast who has never seen Lion King ... that's true.
But ... I am a villager, and not a wolf.
But ... I am a villager, and not a wolf.
This comment made me raise an eyebrow, but I'm not sure what to make of it. It just seems super early to be hinting at what your role is.Either RNG had a sense of humour or there was a bit of modly intervention in role distribution.![]()
Responding to Pippy's comment that Coop's probably sticking close to the source material, so I'm a little confused by what you mean here?If that's the case, there shouldn't be too much stock in role reveals.
I know LotF's got other things on her mind at the moment, but this seemed like a weird, irrelevant thing to fixate on.I think several people did in the end. I just remember it was brought up during an on thread argument. I wanna say it was a Trilt game or Trilt was a heavy player at that point. I was paying enough attention to those details so likely I played too. I would guess, one of the last 2 I played.
Whaaaaat?! This needs to be fixed ASAP!I have not seen "The Lion King" movie. So, I am not familiar with the movie's characters.
I also just read the "dark thoughts" bit in the writeup as referring to Scar's plotting, I'd be confused and a little annoyed if "good" characters from the movie are wolves. And I didn't read too much into the bit about resources, maybe referring to items, or just artistic license.
Thanks AM ... although I'm not sure I can watch the whole movie at this time. I'm going to have to rely on my "feels" and whatever at this time.Actually, scratch that. The camera recording it made me feel sick from the awkward movements. 🤢 Here's a better version.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Responding to Pippy's comment that Coop's probably sticking close to the source material, so I'm a little confused by what you mean here?
Well, if it's set up so the bad guys are actually wolves, no one's going to say "Wait, don't lynch me. I'm Scar." Some cover role will be made up.
*********@SkiOtter ... okay, I may be an outcast who has never seen Lion King ... that's true.
I'm also an outcast, but because I'm not playing, not because I haven't seen Lion King 😉
*********
This post made me feel as if Fern (BBC) is implying she is a villager with an ability. It sounded as if she blurted this comment out without thinking about its effect ahead of time.Either RNG had a sense of humour or there was a bit of modly intervention in role distribution.![]()
Fern's post made me feel as if Fern (BBC) is implying she is a villager with an ability. It sounded as if she blurted this comment out without thinking about its effect ahead of time.
I took it more as hinting what her role name is rather than any specific ability. Kind of like LIS' role name in the Telenova WW.
That's possible ... but I'll wait for more info from Fern because I can't figure it out right now.I took it more as hinting what her role name is rather than any specific ability. Kind of like LIS' role name in the Telenova WW.
[Question: should I refer to her as Fern, or BBC, or TGWTFT, or something else? Does anyone know?]
Just so ya know, role hunting is generally a wolf trait. 😵That's possible ... but I'll wait for more info from Fern because I can't figure it out right now.
[Question: should I refer to her as Fern, or BBC, or TGWTFT, or something else? Does anyone know?]
I didn't know that ... thanks for the info, Lupin.Just so ya know, role hunting is generally a wolf trait. 😵
You hadn't even posted at that point (I don't think) so of course there was no reason, I just randomly picked someone. Your strong reaction to one obviously random vote isn't making me want to change my vote either.Can I get a reason why for the random lynch? If it's because of my username.. not really a solid reason. It was used as a reason to lynch me in the immuno game. It was a waste of a lynch and it will be in his game as well.
You want to lynch mufasa?!? 😱 I'm keeping an eye on you!Lynch hmufasa
Just to finally make that joke on topic.
@Doctor-S
You have to promise us that you will watch sometime soon...less critical to playing the game and more critical to just general good health and well being haha
LK is only the best Disney movie everrr
You have to promise us that you will watch sometime soon...less critical to playing the game and more critical to just general good health and well being haha
LK is only the best Disney movie everrr
You hadn't even posted at that point (I don't think) so of course there was no reason, I just randomly picked someone. Your strong reaction to one obviously random vote isn't making me want to change my vote either.
You want to lynch mufasa?!? 😱 I'm keeping an eye on you!
Oh, I didn't mean for it to be taken as a strong reaction lol 🙂 Sorry about that. Makes sense since I hadn't posted at that point. I've been lynched before solely based on my username.
Okay, I will try to watch the Lion King in the future. Since all of you love the movie, it must be awesome! 🙂@Doctor-S
You have to promise us that you will watch sometime soon...less critical to playing the game and more critical to just general good health and well being haha
LK is only the best Disney movie everrr
Unofficial (but Offically Endorsed) Lynch Tally
cheat (1) - Jil
3m (1) - Pippy
hmoo (1) - AM
Snowy (1) - LOtF
Kara (1) - Snowy
5/26
lynch close in 8.5 hrs
cheat (1) - Jil
3m (1) - Pippy
hmoo (1) - AM
Snowy (1) - LOtF
Kara (1) - Snowy
5/26
lynch close in 8.5 hrs
I officially endorse this! Thx AMUnofficial Lynch Tally
cheat (1) - Jil
3m (1) - Pippy
hmoo (1) - AM
Snowy (1) - LOtF
Kara (1) - Snowy
5/26
lynch close in 8.5 hrs
Yes, and PS @Animal Midwife, Mufasa is a good guy 😉I think this was the first movie I bawled in the theatre watching it. Luckily I was sitting in the back so I could snot up my shirt.
Wasn't that me calling her that? I can't remember the game though. haha
Quick read through today, Dr S is twinging my feels so I'm throwing a vote her way. Working until 7pm CST so may not be around before close.
###Lynch Dr S###
Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
###Lynch Dr S###
Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So far, of those who have posted, I'm getting fairly neutral reads all around.
I'll lynch LIS to make things interesting.....
I'll lynch LIS to make things interesting.....
I'll probably change this later but for now I'm going to lynch BBC, as some of her posts are setting me off and are almost artfully unhelpful but seem like strategy at first glance.
No the word bothers me, not people using the analysis.
I knew what you meant. I was annoyed at it being a bit overplayed last game. There were literally entire pages of discussion about, uh, people's long-term play analysis.
Fine, but please don't lynch me for being quiet.
Yer kidding, right? I reserve the right to lynch you for any reason. 🙂
Just like I know you'd do to me. 🙂
It is why you see LIS post dump at once in these games.
Finally. Someone who gets it.
Though be sure the person's not dead when you vote for them
Ha.
Ha.
Ha.
lynch STL
Trilt is playing y'all, add her back in (being serious)
Sketchy
Thats so meta
#stillgotit
Wait. Is Jojo playing? Never mind, doesn't matter.
unlynch STL
lynch @thedrjojo
This sounds like a conversion game/wolves RNGed to roles 🙁.
I didn't get that from the opening post....... so far, not many people have said things that tweaked my ears, but this kinda did. Might come back to a first-day Zensing lynch.
I lied I'm back for another post.
From the writeup it sounds like the dead will have a role in the game.
Sure does. Seems to be popular lately. Still haven't decided what my personal opinion is. I really like what Trilt did last game with it, so it clearly can be done well. But some of the earlier attempts kinda failed miserable.
Can I get a reason why for the random lynch? If it's because of my username.. not really a solid reason. It was used as a reason to lynch me in the immuno game. It was a waste of a lynch and it will be in his game as well.
Seriously?
To be honest, most Day 1 votes start off random but are used to put pressure on players. I wouldn't worry too much about a single lynch vote. Unless, of course, it gains traction for silly reasoning.
Double seriously? Then you go and defend cheat for her? C'mon - let people defend themselves. Don't talk someone down from the edge.
Almost could vote AM for this.
Well ghost mufasa does appear in the movie, so I wonder if the dead are going to be giving advise in the writeups or something..
Yay for lore knowledge.
danggit 3m was going to be my first lynch vote and for that reason. But since her name is now on the table, I will find someone else 😛
Why on earth would you hold back just because someone else did????
So far, of those who have posted, I'm getting fairly neutral reads all around.
I'll lynch LIS to make things interesting.....
Approved.
Jerk.
I really want to retribution vote just to break a rule, but ... in the interests of trying to actually play:
unlynch thedrjojo
lynch zensing
(Yes, I know STL isn't playing.)
(Right?)
(Right?)
I also could come back to a cheatac lynch for that bizarrely-defensive reaction to a single D1 lynch vote.
Actually. I think I will.
unlynch zensing
lynch cheat
Actually. I think I will.
unlynch zensing
lynch cheat
I agree with DVMD regarding neutral reads. So far I'm not seeing too much from anyone that pushes them scum OR town. Just a bunch of meh.
Except DVMD. She's town. She wouldn't risk starting a nuclear war with me if she were actually scum.
Well ghost mufasa does appear in the movie, so I wonder if the dead are going to be giving advise in the writeups or something..
I thought the resources was referring to items, but could be wrong.
danggit 3m was going to be my first lynch vote and for that reason. But since her name is now on the table, I will find someone else 😛
Let me help you out there😉
Lynch Snowy
BBC always tends to come off sketch to me in the games I've played with her but why is she hinting at a role already?
Forgot to vote this morning. Attempting and apparently failing to avoid social media.
Lynch Snowy
I could also go for Cheat or AM, though to me Cheat's response to the lynch vote was typical for her.
Snowy is because of one of the first comments she made that stuck out to me (on phone and not going to go look for it so I'll find it later) and on her RNG vote after that.
Lynch Snowy
I could also go for Cheat or AM, though to me Cheat's response to the lynch vote was typical for her.
Snowy is because of one of the first comments she made that stuck out to me (on phone and not going to go look for it so I'll find it later) and on her RNG vote after that.
(Yes, I know STL isn't playing.)
(Right?)
No, STL is not playing. 🙂
Ffs people I said my role name made me laugh. I shared nothing about ability or lack there of. If you can figure out my role based on that I am extremely impressed.
I also agree that cheat was awkwardly defensive over one vote but I think she's done that before in a prior game and was village.
Unlynch LIS, he responded about as I expected.
Unlynch LIS, he responded about as I expected.
Granted, I am the first one to admit I have not seen the Lion King. Just saying.Quick read through today, Dr S is twinging my feels so I'm throwing a vote her way. Working until 7pm CST so may not be around before close.
###Lynch Dr S###
Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile
To be truthful, I'm not feeling anything very strongly about anyone right now. I'll go back and look at posts.
Why on earth would you hold back just because someone else did????
I wanted to do it to get 3m talking up front, but it was already done so no use double voting there unless I start getting wolfy vibes from her.
Let me help you out there😉
Lynch Snowy
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you explain what this means?Forgot to vote this morning. Attempting and apparently failing to avoid social media.
Lynch Snowy
I could also go for Cheat or AM, though to me Cheat's response to the lynch vote was typical for her.
Snowy is because of one of the first comments she made that stuck out to me (on phone and not going to go look for it so I'll find it later) and on her RNG vote after that.
Are you having telephone conversations/social media conversations with Snowy or with other players in this game?
Lynch Kara
Because rng wolf roles like her. And to get another person out there, but will probably change after more people have checked in.
This sounds like a "let's get the conversation going" on this thread. It doesn't seem unusual to me.
Also, just for the record, cheat seems to have a trend of over-reacting to lynch votes D1 and getting lynched as a villager. I don't find her reaction out of her normal. I'd prefer to give her at least another day so she doesn't stay noob forever lol.
BBC comments are sketchy weird, but I've only played with her once when she was a wolf so I might be biased to that. Also, I think she said she was gone for the rest of the day, so I don't really want to lynch her based off 3 comments when she can't defend.
Also where is @PippyPony ? She is usually an ever talkative force on thread so it's odd she only posted twice so far? 😛
BBC comments are sketchy weird, but I've only played with her once when she was a wolf so I might be biased to that. Also, I think she said she was gone for the rest of the day, so I don't really want to lynch her based off 3 comments when she can't defend.
Also where is @PippyPony ? She is usually an ever talkative force on thread so it's odd she only posted twice so far? 😛
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Lynch snowy
Only one I've gotten any kind of feels from so far. Reluctance to put a second vote on 3m was odd, since having a bunch of people with one vote doesn't make for a very useful lynch.
Only one I've gotten any kind of feels from so far. Reluctance to put a second vote on 3m was odd, since having a bunch of people with one vote doesn't make for a very useful lynch.
I also agree that cheat was awkwardly defensive over one vote but I think she's done that before in a prior game and was village.
Unlynch LIS, he responded about as I expected.
Did you just pocket me? 🙂
I wanted to do it to get 3m talking up front, but it was already done so no use double voting there unless I start getting wolfy vibes from her.
I still don't get it. There were votes for lots of people, so one vote wouldn't necessarily get 3m talking. So you seem to be defeating your own stated goal.
Weak wolf for Snowshoe.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 32K
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 101K