***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got invited to interview this morning and when I looked on the portal, it said no available dates at this time. Anybody else have the same issue?

Members don't see this ad.

I got invited to interview this morning and when I looked on the portal, it said no available dates at this time. Anybody else have the same issue?

When I was scheduling this early morning it only had one date left in September

I got off the interview waitlist!!!! I got an email saying I was waitlisted last week and just received another email inviting me to interview. Ahhhhh! I'm excited!

Did you contact them or do anything to get off the interview waitlist ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you contact them or do anything to get off the interview waitlist ?
No. I just waited it out until they contacted me again. I read that someone heard back three weeks after the initial waitlist interview email, but I heard that was rare. I didn't expect to hear back from them so soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview few days ago. Interview date: 9/5. International student. Stat: 3.64 overall, 3.61 sGPA, AA23, TS22, PAT20.

Reactions: 1 user
I received an waitlist email last Saturday and just got an email for interview this morning. I really though the "on hold" email was bad news .

I received an waitlist email last Saturday and just got an email for interview this morning. I really though the "on hold" email was bad news .

I was waitlisted yesterday. I hope I'm as luck as you. I've been reading previous threads about those who are waitlisted and I've been getting discouraged.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I also got the waitlist email last week and got invited for an interview yesterday! I originally panicked when I got the waitlist email because I assumed the worst but I'm not sure what their process is behind waitlisting applicants and then very quickly offering them interviews. I'll be there September 21st!

Reactions: 1 users
Add one more to the interview waitlist train. Received the notification late last night. Here's to hoping the good news keeps rolling about receiving an actual invite!

My app has been verified but I haven't received their supp, how long after being verified did you guys receive it?

My app has been verified but I haven't received their supp, how long after being verified did you guys receive it?
I turned in my app to MWU-AZ on July 1st, and they didn't send me the email with the supplemental and link to make an account on their portal until July 10th

I turned in my app to MWU-AZ on July 1st, and they didn't send me the email with the supplemental and link to make an account on their portal until July 10th

Thanks! In that case, I'll most likely receive mine in the next week or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody interviewing on September 19th? I'll be there!

I'm just curious, so did everyone who received a wait list email received an interview invite the following week ? Or are they still some people who haven't heard back after the wait list email ?

I'm just curious, so did everyone who received a wait list email received an interview invite the following week ? Or are they still some people who haven't heard back after the wait list email ?

No I was wait listed on July 1st and haven't heard anything back

I was just waitlisted this week so I'll let you know next week

Emailed 7/14 - waitlisted for interview
AADSAS submitted 7/1, supplemental submitted 7/10
Stats 3.89 GPA-o, 3.85 GPA-s, 24 AA, 24 TS, 21 PAT
Love this school and hoping to hear back soon! Best of luck to everyone out there applying/interviewing!!!

Emailed 7/14 - waitlisted for interview
AADSAS submitted 7/1, supplemental submitted 7/10
Stats 3.89 GPA-o, 3.85 GPA-s, 24 AA, 24 TS, 21 PAT
Love this school and hoping to hear back soon! Best of luck to everyone out there applying/interviewing!!!

You have great stats, I'm sure you'll get plenty of interviews!! Good luck!

I received an interview waitlist email on 7/1. I called them to get feedback on why and they told me it's because I don't have dental employement on my application.
3.65 oGPA
3.74 science
21 AA, 21 TS, 18 PA

Does everyone getting interviews have dental employment?

I received an interview waitlist email on 7/1. I called them to get feedback on why and they told me it's because I don't have dental employement on my application.
3.65 oGPA
3.74 science
21 AA, 21 TS, 18 PA

Do you have shadow hours though ?

3.65 oGPA
3.74 science
21 AA, 21 TS, 18 PA

Seriously? I was waitlisted as well on 7/1 and I don't have dental employment. That's a crazy excuse to waitlist someone, especially with your stats! Here's to hoping for the best!

I got a "deny interview" email 2 weeks after my waitlist for interview. It doesn't seem like they keep their waitlisted people waiting for too long, I'd expect to hear back from them with an interview or a rejection soon within weeks.

3.65 oGPA
3.74 science
21 AA, 21 TS, 18 PA

I have 3 years experience as a dental assistant and 800 hrs of shadowing. I was waitlisted and got an interview after a week.

I got a "deny interview" email 2 weeks after my waitlist for interview. It doesn't seem like they keep their waitlisted people waiting for too long, I'd expect to hear back from them with an interview or a rejection soon within weeks.
Hey this maybe a stupid question but what are the odds of getting your application reopen if received a deny for interview email. I to also got a denied interview =(

Hey this maybe a stupid question but what are the odds of getting your application reopen if received a deny for interview email. I to also got a denied interview =(

Is the "deny interview" the same thing as "waitlisted for interview"?

I was trying to distinguish the same thing so I to would like to know? but as for subject line mine didn't mention anything about waitlist. Just a "Best of Luck" sorta line

Those are two separate emails. There is a "Waitlist for Interview" email and a "Deny Interview" email.

Did you call them to ask why they denied you? They usually give feedback if you call. Did you have any employment in the dental field?

3.65 oGPA
3.74 science
21 AA, 21 TS, 18 PA

I received an invite for interview and I do have dental employment. But thats a silly reason to not interview somebody, especially if their stats/shadowing are above average. They should say somewhere on their website that its a requirement if that's true

For those who got waitlisted then received an interview, could you post your stats if you haven't already?

Has one else gotten other feedback from them?

I went to a dental assisting school, I'm CDA too but I've never gotten dental employment because right after I graduated from that program I went to summer school to start on my undergrad degree. I've been in summer school ever since also to finish my degree. Plus, I'm from a rural area there aren't many job opportunities/dentists are only looking for full-time assistants, and working on-campus at my university pays more than outside employers. This makes me nervous.

Deny interview email this morning. Re-applicant.
oGPA: 3.25
sGPA: 3.15
Post Bacc GPA: 3.90 (38 credits; Neuroscience and Oral Histology)
DAT: 21AA, 20TS, 24RC, 19PAT, 21QR: Nothing below 18
Shadowing: 800 hours across several specialties
Volunteer: 200 hours including dental clinic
Dental employment (Lab tech and dental real estate analyst)

My GPA is probably just too low. Good luck to everyone else on here.

That is really strange.. I would think that since your postbacc GPA is high they would consider that & place more emphasis on it. Good luck to you! I'm sure you will have a bunch of interviews at other schools with the experience and DAT scores that you have.

That is really strange.. I would think that since your postbacc GPA is high they would consider that & place more emphasis on it. Good luck to you! I'm sure you will have a bunch of interviews at other schools with the experience and DAT scores that you have.

My thoughts exactly, but thanks for the encouragement. Good luck to you this cycle!

I got the waitlist email 6/29, then an interview invitation 7/8 like a lot of the others.
Residency: UT
oGPA: 3.49 sGPA: 3.62
DAT: 21AA, 22BIO, 20GC, 23OC, 22TS, 23RC, 23PAT, 17QR
I have a little over 100 hours shadowing total, mostly with a general, some with a pediatric (mostly general procedures), and some with an oral surgeon. Definitely no dental employment!

I just scheduled an interview. I just checked the portal and saw they gave me a couple of dates but still havn't gotten an email.

I wasn't waitlisted. 3.31 gpa 3.23 science 24 AA 22 TS.

So sorry to hear about you guys. Will you contact the school and ask for feedback? If so, please let us know for their reasoning.

I got denied and the way they look at applicants is not right. They are bunch of idiots. i am glad i was denied to this school dat aa 20 science 22

I got denied and the way they look at applicants is not right. They are bunch of idiots. i am glad i was denied to this school dat aa 20 science 22

Did you just receive an email today?

Sorry to hear of your news. But if I'm gonna be honest, that sense of entitlement of an attitude is down right nasty.

Reactions: 8 users
Interview Invitation: 7/22
Application Status Complete Email from MWU: 7/15
Interview Date: 10/2
Residency: CA
oGPA: 3.78 sGPA: 3.71
DAT: 24AA, 22BIO, 24GC, 22OC, 22TS, 20PAT, 23RC, 27QR
I am a career changer (high school science teacher for 5 years) and have 900 hours of dental shadowing/work experience.

Intervie denied goodluck to the rest glad they give out rejections early instead of making us wait forever

Status
Not open for further replies.