***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone start a Facebook page ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone had their portal updated with the checklist but have not received a phone call?

Has anyone had their portal updated with the checklist but have not received a phone call?
You’re not alone, I have not received a phone call but I can see the accepted student checklist.

Members don't see this ad :)
You’re not alone, I have not received a phone call but I can see the accepted student checklist.
Same here. No phone call or email but my checklist is there just like the screen shot. Still not 100% sure I've been accepted.

Same here. No phone call or email but my checklist is there just like the screen shot. Still not 100% sure I've been accepted.

I'm 99.9% sure you're accepted if you can see the Accepted Student Checklist, so try to enjoy your weekend if possible! Who knows, maybe they tried to call but mis-dialed?

Accpted! Got a call but no email and portal was updated. In hindsight I think I only did average during the interview - stuttered a lot and blanked out too. Class size is a bit larger so I am sure a lot of spots will continue to open up..

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted yesterday via phone call :soexcited: no email yet though

I woke up yesterday and the portal had an accepted student checklist, and then I received a "Congratulations" email around 1:00 MST - but I also never got a phone call. However, on my interview day the guy told my group that you can check the portal at midnight to see if you are accepted. Hence, portal change = acceptance. Hope this helped :)

PS. someone get the fb page goooooooing.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m so confused because I see the matriculation agreement and now the 1000 deposit is posted onto my checklist...yet no phone call or email. Is someone else is on the same boat as me?

C30A84A2-4D56-446A-872F-1D02F2C67A62.png
I’m so confused because I see the matriculation agreement and now the 1000 deposit is posted onto my checklist...yet no phone call or email. Is someone else is on the same boat as me?
I’m on the same boat, but I just went ahead and submitted the forms and my deposit anyway. I then got this email thanking me for my payment and saying I’m officially a midwestern student. I say we’re in!! Still sucks not getting a phone call or email though.

Reactions: 3 users
I woke up yesterday and the portal had an accepted student checklist, and then I received a "Congratulations" email around 1:00 MST - but I also never got a phone call. However, on my interview day the guy told my group that you can check the portal at midnight to see if you are accepted. Hence, portal change = acceptance. Hope this helped :)

PS. someone get the fb page goooooooing.

Here it is! Did it on my phone so feel free to fix it lol! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Will be declining my post-December interview spot, best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I will also be declining my post-december interview spot. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Will also be declining my post December. Wishing a lucky spot for someone.

I will be declining my offer this week! This was an amazing program though. Good luck everyone!!

anybody know if Midwestern AZ accept UNE online biochemistry class for pre-requisite?

Has anyone else not received a call or email but the portal acceptance info is open? Not sure if I should contact the office..

Has anyone else not received a call or email but the portal acceptance info is open? Not sure if I should contact the office..

I received a phone call, but no email yet. I wouldn't worry quite yet

Any current or former student can give us general advices on what to get before school starts? Any recommended dental instrument kit or stuffs like that?

Any current or former student can give us general advices on what to get before school starts? Any recommended dental instrument kit or stuffs like that?
Congratulations! I am a current D1. Enjoy your time, celebrate! As far as instruments goes, school provides everything. You will receive a MacBook Pro in your welcome packet, so no need to buy laptop either. You really don't need to buy anything, except for scrubs. Scrub color changes between black and navy for each starting class, ours is black so you will be wearing navy blue. Here they greatly care about professionalism and professional attire, they gives us the option of wearing business casual or scrubs and pretty much everyone wears scrubs. Honestly though, I would just relax and enjoy my time for now :) Congratulations again!

Congratulations! I am a current D1. Enjoy your time, celebrate! As far as instruments goes, school provides everything. You will receive a MacBook Pro in your welcome packet, so no need to buy laptop either. You really don't need to buy anything, except for scrubs. Scrub color changes between black and navy for each starting class, ours is black so you will be wearing navy blue. Here they greatly care about professionalism and professional attire, they gives us the option of wearing business casual or scrubs and pretty much everyone wears scrubs. Honestly though, I would just relax and enjoy my time for now :) Congratulations again!
Thanks! This is super helpful as I was browsing for a new laptop, now I guess I can just wait!! Also, does it has to be a particular brand of scrubs or can it just be anything?

Thanks! This is super helpful as I was browsing for a new laptop, now I guess I can just wait!! Also, does it has to be a particular brand of scrubs or can it just be anything?
No problem! No particular brand, as long as its navy blue. That being said, changing scrub color between black/navy for each starting class has been going on for some years now, but you never know if they decide to change it. You will receive a welcome email sometimes in spring, as I recall that's when they formally let you know what's your class scrub color. Probably it would be wise to hold off on purchasing scrubs until you receive that email.

Anyone wants to live on campus?

Got a rejection email today.. Interviewed Oct. Thought interview well but guess not :(

Got a letter about the alternate list today :unsure:

I received an interview request from MWU at AZ (super excited) but I have been caught up with some family emergencies. I had wanted to select a date this week, however I saw:

"No dates available.
You will be notified when more
dates are made available."

Does this mean it's over for me? I have called the school and someone had written my name down but I am not sure what to do. Anyone else in the same boat?

Alternate list letter in mail today..interviewed late oct

Rejection letter in mail today. Interviewed Early September.

Literally nothing. All notes, PPTs, handouts, will be given to you via Blackbord (which is why they give you the laptops). You’ll get to pick out loupes and all that stuff first week. They’ll give you your typodonts and everything the first week as well. Don’t buy any books or materials. Just show up. Ready. With black scrubs. Doesn’t matter on the brand.

Got a letter about the alternate list today :unsure:

sooooooo many people get pulled off the alternate list. The class isn’t even filled right now. They pull people off once more interviews are completed. I can’t even begin to tell you how many of my classmates were pulled off alternate list. Don’t get discouraged.

I received an interview request from MWU at AZ (super excited) but I have been caught up with some family emergencies. I had wanted to select a date this week, however I saw:

"No dates available.
You will be notified when more
dates are made available."

Does this mean it's over for me? I have called the school and someone had written my name down but I am not sure what to do. Anyone else in the same boat?

No it’s not over. Interviews continue through March. The class isn’t even filled, they just send out the initial invites on December 1st. No worries at all. Schedule your interview and rock it. I interviewed in March (2 years ago) and they called me the next day. At that point the class still wasn’t filled.

Thank you for your information. I have a question, do we need to collect human extracted teeth before the school starts?

Accepted this morning!!!! I am so excited!!!

Does anyone know how strict MWU is regarding a prior speeding ticket showing up on the Certiphi background check??? :(:oops:

I interviewed yesterday and was accepted on the spot, but haven't received any official email or anything. How did you check?
You can log onto the portal and see if the accepted checklist is available for you. But being accepted on the spot is awesome! Congratulations!

I interviewed yesterday and was accepted on the spot, but haven't received any official email or anything. How did you check?
That's awesome you found out right away! That's the worst part is waiting but Congratulations!! Glad the interview tips helped!

Im trying to message you, can you please reach out to me i have some questions! :)

Thank you for your information. I have a question, do we need to collect human extracted teeth before the school starts?

Hey there,
I didn't collect any teeth before starting. First quarter you will be mostly working with plastic teeth (typodont teeth), you may have 1 or 2 projects with natural teeth, which school will provide. After that at the end of each quarter, you will receive a jar with liquid chemical inside and ask you to collect teeth. They will tell you the number of projects you will get to do with natural teeth depends on how many teeth your class (as a whole) collects. I can ask this question when we get back from Christmas break, but I am pretty sure you will need to have the proper chemical to store those teeth in, which you will not have access to until you start school. But I will get back to you on that.

Hey there,
I didn't collect any teeth before starting. First quarter you will be mostly working with plastic teeth (typodont teeth), you may have 1 or 2 projects with natural teeth, which school will provide. After that at the end of each quarter, you will receive a jar with liquid chemical inside and ask you to collect teeth. They will tell you the number of projects you will get to do with natural teeth depends on how many teeth your class (as a whole) collects. I can ask this question when we get back from Christmas break, but I am pretty sure you will need to have the proper chemical to store those teeth in, which you will not have access to until you start school. But I will get back to you on that.
Thank you so much! Merry Xmas!

There should be an opening for Jan 11th right now. Just cancelled my interview & withdrew my app. Good luck guys!

Hi everyone! It looks like we have a few current MWU students here, great! I am also a D1, so I can help answer any questions you have. Congrats on being accepted!

Waitlisted Dec 14
Accepted Dec 19
Undergrad GPA: 3.74 MSc. 4.0
DAT: Bio 21 Chem 19 RC 19 AA 20 PAT 19
Was told that to improve my file I should write a letter of intent. Didn't end up writing one prior to acceptance. Excited for the new adventure!

Waitlisted Dec 14
Accepted Dec 19
Undergrad GPA: 3.74 MSc. 4.0
DAT: Bio 21 Chem 19 RC 19 AA 20 PAT 19
Was told that to improve my file I should write a letter of intent. Didn't end up writing one prior to acceptance. Excited for the new adventure!

Congratulations! Midwestern is a fantastic choice. We all look forward to meeting you in August!

Current D1 here! Congrats on getting into Midwestern, it's an amazing program! Let us current students know if you have any questions!!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.