Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Just got my call from the dean. 4:30pm ET

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my call from the dean. 4:30pm ET
I also got called by the dean! Around 4:15 central time. I was not waitlisted and am in state for anyone wondering, and interviewed in person on the 6th.

Reactions: 1 user
I also got called by the dean! Around 4:15 central time. I was not waitlisted and am in state for anyone wondering, and interviewed in person on the 6th.
Congratulations! Do you mind me asking what letter your last name starts with? I’m trying to figure out if they’re calling by alphabetical order.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Do you remember the area code you got the call from? I get so many spam calls that I don’t usually pick up unknown numbers

I was accepted yesterday around 5pm CT. In state, interviewed jan6th.

Reactions: 1 users
I wanted to know what the style of the virtual interview is for MWU-Illinois dental? Is it mmi format? or is it solo? is it faculty only 1:1?
I tried to get some info but I have not been successful anywhere........
Plz help me.

Congratulations! Do you remember the area code you got the call from? I get so many spam calls that I don’t usually pick up unknown numbers
it should be a 630 are code number

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah it was 630, i usually don't answer unknown numbers but it didn't mark it as a scam and said it was coming from the area

Accepted via call today around 6pm CT. In state and was not waitlisted

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! When you guys interviewed, did they say when you can expect to hear back from them?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! When you guys interviewed, did they say when you can expect to hear back from them?
no they did not. i interviewed the 6th of last month and they said committee was going to meet that day but never confirmed when we'd hear back

no they did not. i interviewed the 6th of last month and they said committee was going to meet that day but never confirmed when we'd hear back
Hi! Sounds good and thank you so much for your response :)

got the acceptance call around 6pm cst last night! interviewed jan 10, oos, and was not waitlisted beforehand :)

Reactions: 2 users
Got an acceptance call around 5:30 PST last night:) I interviewed January 5th and was not waitlisted. I’m also OOS!

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone knows when will their virtual interviews be available? Should I get an in-person app or virtual ?

I wanted to know what the style of the virtual interview is for MWU-Illinois dental? Is it mmi format? or is it solo? is it faculty only 1:1?
Plz help me.
May i know how did you get a virtual interview? Im trying to get one but i cant find any virtual interview on their portal

Plz help me.
for me the virtual interview it was 2 faculty and they took turns asking you questions, there was also a group discussion where they give you different scenarios and you just discuss it with your group while a faculty is there to help guide the conversation. hope that helps!

Thank you . I was trying to schedule my virtual interview through their website but all available interviews are in person. Do you recommend me to go in person or wait for them to open up virtual interviews ?
for me the virtual interview it was 2 faculty and they took turns asking you questions, there was also a group discussion where they give you different scenarios and you just discuss it with your group while a faculty is there to help guide the conversation. hope that helps!

Thank you . I was trying to schedule my virtual interview through their website but all available interviews are in person. Do you recommend me to go in person or wait for them to open up virtual interviews ?
Why don't you contact them and see about virtual interview opportunities that way you may get an idea. I personally went in person and it was a nice experience, I enjoyed it.

I would try to email or call them to see if there is still virtual interview spots, maybe at this point they only offer in person who knows. I wouldnt wait tho, the more you wait it just means more applicants theyre seeing and possibly offering seats to before you

does anyone know if we get an acceptance packet and letter in the mail? Or is it all just thru the online portal?

does anyone know if we get an acceptance packet and letter in the mail? Or is it all just thru the online portal?
I got a letter in the mail and then sometime after another package with some stickers and a brochure.

Just got an interview invite. Will be turning it down. There's still hope everyone!

I got accepted off of the waitlist yesterday at 5 pm cst!

Reactions: 4 users