*-*-* The Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2011 *-*-*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone get transmitted to today? if so, when did you submit?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone please help me!

I've lived in Texas since I was 2 years old, my family lives here, works, has owned a house for over 15 years, etc. I left last July to complete a post-bacc program in NY which lasted from July-May. I was planning to submit my app tonight and now on the residency decision its saying im a NON RESIDENT

Are they serious? I was only gone 9 months and my mom still lived here. After the program I moved back into the house I've always grew up in. Im so frustrated bc I know TX only accepts 10% OOS residents :(

Someone please help me!

I've lived in Texas since I was 2 years old, my family lives here, works, has owned a house for over 15 years, etc. I left last July to complete a post-bacc program in NY which lasted from July-May. I was planning to submit my app tonight and now on the residency decision its saying im a NON RESIDENT

Are they serious? I was only gone 9 months and my mom still lived here. After the program I moved back into the house I've always grew up in. Im so frustrated bc I know TX only accepts 10% OOS residents :(

I am in the same boat. I've been living in Texas for 5 years, and I just came to Delaware with my family for a vacation. Just because I put Delaware as my permanent address, they're considering me non-state resident. I even gave them the proof of my residency, and they still dont believe me.:scared: I dont know what to do.

I'm sure if you call TMDSAS, they'll advise you. I've gone to school out of state for 3 years now, but since my parents live in TX, and I am their dependent, I have TX residency. Sounds like you guys have it too...so there should be a way to work things out!

Payment approved 6/29
Transmitted to schools 8/6

Will you get red flagged if you apply 3 times or more? I've already got any interview to Foster, so I'm thinking maybe not too much.

Last edited:
Anyone in the DFW area interviewing at Foster on Sept 2 interested in driving the 600 miles together?

Hey Guys,

FYI Spoke with Ms. Murphy today. UTH isn't conducting interviews until the first week of September.

So I submitted my TMDSAS on 8/3 and mailed my check on 8/4. I just finished and submitted my secondary for TX A&M and payed with credit card.

I'm allowed to complete secondaries before my primary is received right? I just want to make sure (kinda too late anyway lol).

So I submitted my TMDSAS on 8/3 and mailed my check on 8/4. I just finished and submitted my secondary for TX A&M and payed with credit card.

I'm allowed to complete secondaries before my primary is received right? I just want to make sure (kinda too late anyway lol).

You can start sending them right away

Yeah, I think all Texas secondary apps are separate from the primary. You can submit when they become available, per school.
Any insight into my question I asked earlier about re-applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I think all Texas secondary apps are separate from the primary. You can submit when they become available, per school.
Any insight into my question I asked earlier about re-applications?

This is my third time applying... Never had an interview before, but never heard of it being a bad thing. I know of many people that have reapplied 2 or 3 times actually... But never heard of being penalized for it. It shows that you are dedicated and determined to reach your goals. No one is going to think any less of you for that.

This is my third time applying... Never had an interview before, but never heard of it being a bad thing. I know of many people that have reapplied 2 or 3 times actually... But never heard of being penalized for it. It shows that you are dedicated and determined to reach your goals. No one is going to think any less of you for that.

I've heard both things. That it's good because it shows you're persistent and motivated, but that it's canceled out by the fact that nobody wanted you the last year. I would think it depends highly on the individual school.

Also, did anyone transmit today?

Well, here's how it went for me:
1st time: ended up getting a bad MCAT score but went with it anyways since the ball was rolling(committee letter and all).
2nd time: new MCAT score; got two interviews. Wait listed with both.
3rd time: Reapplied; tried to get new MCAT score but had family problems.
This time: Now I have a 32 on my MCAT; one interview is set up, so far.
I need to hurry and get my LoR from the DO I'm shadowing.
I'm hoping : /

I've heard both things. That it's good because it shows you're persistent and motivated, but that it's canceled out by the fact that nobody wanted you the last year. I would think it depends highly on the individual school.

Well, of course you need to continually be improving your experiences and stats... If you apply a million times with essentially the same application, the results will probably be the same.

Well, here's how it went for me:
1st time: ended up getting a bad MCAT score but went with it anyways since the ball was rolling(committee letter and all).
2nd time: new MCAT score; got two interviews. Wait listed with both.
3rd time: Reapplied; tried to get new MCAT score but had family problems.
This time: Now I have a 32 on my MCAT; one interview is set up, so far.
I need to hurry and get my LoR from the DO I'm shadowing.
I'm hoping : /

You will get in this time. Now that your stats are better, that was likely the only reason you didn't get in last time... Did you mention your reapplicant status and did you keep getting many more ECs during this time?

Just submitted today:xf:

I'm a re-applicant from 2008, interviewed and got one TX waitlist. Was accepted into a post-bacc and finished in May. Should have never went bc my GPA stayed the same but oh well...I still learned alot.

I'm re-taking the MCAT on 24th and hoping to get into a school so that I can stay home in Texas :)

You will get in this time. Now that your stats are better, that was likely the only reason you didn't get in last time... Did you mention your reapplicant status and did you keep getting many more ECs during this time?
The biggest improvement is the MCAT. I have improved my EC's, mostly in the realm of patient interaction(volunteering at an HIV clinic, for example).

The early interview invite is certainly a relieving sign, I'll tell you.

Does anyone find it comically expected that it takes 2 days to receive confirmation of your payment check, yet i'm heading into my second week of transcript waiting and no sign of them receiving it yet.

Can't blame the system though... it's all about the MONNEEEHH

:rolleyes:

Good luck with applications and interviews 2011 crowd!! :luck: :c)

does the payment recieved date or the transcripts recieved date determine your submission date ?

Last edited:
does the payment recieved date or the transcripts recieved date determine your submission date ?

You have to have your transcripts in, and they need to receive your payment in order to get verified.

You have to have your transcripts in, and they need to receive your payment in order to get verified.

Yeah, but my payment was recieved earlier than my transcripts. so what date should I look at to see when my app. will be transmitted?

Yeah, but my payment was recieved earlier than my transcripts. so what date should I look at to see when my app. will be transmitted?

Well then if your app is complete, and your payment has been received, then they still need to get your transcripts in order to start processing your application. The time it took for me to be transmitted to schools after I was complete and my payment was received was exactly a month, but that was in June. I dont know what verification times are around now- probably slightly longer than a month.

Well then if your app is complete, and your payment has been received, then they still need to get your transcripts in order to start processing your application. The time it took for me to be transmitted to schools after I was complete and my payment was received was exactly a month, but that was in June. I dont know what verification times are around now- probably slightly longer than a month.

thanks!

Nope. Mine was submitted 6/29, received payment 7/2.. but one of my transcript is not yet processed and it's been a week (I only have 3 classes on there at most...). I don't know what's taking so long! :scared:

So, I was looking at my status page today (still processing- payment received 8/6) and I noticed that my GPA calculation has changed!! It went DOWN from the original calculation, dropping me just below a 3.0!!
Additionally, I have applied before and it was calculated over a 3.0 previously. I emailed them about what's up but wanted to see if anyone else had this happen??? What did they tell you??
Thanks.

my transcript status just changed from "pending" to "recieved/approved". How long till transmission? still waiting on couple other transcripts to have the "recieved/approved" status

So, I was looking at my status page today (still processing- payment received 8/6) and I noticed that my GPA calculation has changed!! It went DOWN from the original calculation, dropping me just below a 3.0!!
Additionally, I have applied before and it was calculated over a 3.0 previously. I emailed them about what's up but wanted to see if anyone else had this happen??? What did they tell you??
Thanks.

I dropped too, by .02. Weird. =\

Stareleven, when did you have your transcript mailed??

I'm still waiting on mine to be received and am getting kinda impatient.

Stareleven, when did you have your transcript mailed??

I'm still waiting on mine to be received and am getting kinda impatient.

I think this transcript was recieved on 7/9, and the status of it just changed.

Mine also dropped by .02 from what was originally calculated but I wasn't really bothered enough to do anything about it

What is really weird about mine is that the original TMDSAS calculation changed. When I submitted it, it said one thing, and now 4 weeks later it is different. I haven't altered anything that I input and TMDSAS said that they haven't done anything on their end.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a sudden, unexplained GPA change?

how do we all move to the TMDSAS verification thread? that way all of this information is more organized

What is really weird about mine is that the original TMDSAS calculation changed. When I submitted it, it said one thing, and now 4 weeks later it is different. I haven't altered anything that I input and TMDSAS said that they haven't done anything on their end.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced a sudden, unexplained GPA change?

Mine did something like that. Once the GPA calculation thing was fixed, it listed my sGPA as something. Then 2 weeks after I submitted and all my transcripts had been verified for a week, it changed before it was actually transmitted.

I know this is a bit ******ed of me, but I just now noticed that Baylor was not on the list of schools to select on TMDSAS. I didn't notice this before because I just checked off all the boxes in the medical category. Do I have to do something separate for Baylor primaries? Thanks.

I know this is a bit ******ed of me, but I just now noticed that Baylor was not on the list of schools to select on TMDSAS. I didn't notice this before because I just checked off all the boxes in the medical category. Do I have to do something separate for Baylor primaries? Thanks.

http://www.amcas.org

The plus side is, if you want to apply out of state, you'll have an app ready. Best of luck.

how do we all move to the TMDSAS verification thread? that way all of this information is more organized
I got the ball rolling again: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=734117

In a mad rush to submit TMDSAS, I neglected to submit the "optional" essays. My PS is pretty much my life story anyhow, so I didn't feel like I had anything else to add that my PS wouldn't tell them. I talked about my unique professional background as an engineer and how being sick as a kid I grew to love the hospital environment.

Question is: did this error cause me to lose out on any hope of an interview? I though my stats (3.73/37Q) would be enough to at least get my foot in the door...

okay the tmdas personal statements stuff has thrown me for a loop, thought I had a hell of a personal statement worked out for amcas only to find the texas one is shorter and there's a seond one too --yikes! Did this screw over other people or what??

Question is: did this error cause me to lose out on any hope of an interview? I though my stats (3.73/37Q) would be enough to at least get my foot in the door...

Dont flip out now. You have great stats that are more than enough to get you an interview, and if you do reasonably well, an acceptance.
I personally did not complete the optional essays, and neither did a lot of people.

okay the tmdas personal statements stuff has thrown me for a loop, thought I had a hell of a personal statement worked out for amcas only to find the texas one is shorter and there's a seond one too --yikes! Did this screw over other people or what??

its only 300 characters less for TMDSAS. Just cut a sentence here and there and you should be within the limit.
If you dont have anything worth writing about for the optional essays, then dont waste your time and submit when you are ready.

thanks addo, I did find it easier to do some cutting than I'd imagined. It was just one more thing making me freak out.

Dont flip out now. You have great stats that are more than enough to get you an interview, and if you do reasonably well, an acceptance.
I personally did not complete the optional essays, and neither did a lot of people.

its only 300 characters less for TMDSAS. Just cut a sentence here and there and you should be within the limit.
If you dont have anything worth writing about for the optional essays, then dont waste your time and submit when you are ready.

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I was kinda worried for a while. I guess we just have top remember it all works out in the end :p

YES! Invite to UTH! Two interview invites so far! So happy!

Mine did something like that. Once the GPA calculation thing was fixed, it listed my sGPA as something. Then 2 weeks after I submitted and all my transcripts had been verified for a week, it changed before it was actually transmitted.

How long after they changed your GPA did they transmit you? They changed my gpa today, kinda wondering if I'm next.

Payment Rec - 7/8

I am having a major crisis. I have been looking everywhere for a skirt-suit but I cannot find one anywhere that isn't frilly and unprofessional. Ann Taylor and Banana Republic are way out of my price range. Where else can I find one?

I am having a major crisis. I have been looking everywhere for a skirt-suit but I cannot find one anywhere that isn't frilly and unprofessional. Ann Taylor and Banana Republic are way out of my price range. Where else can I find one?

Wear a pant-suit. I think a women in a full pant-suit with high heels is both sexy and professional. It looks less secretarial too, much more confident.