**** The Official UMKC Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

wjc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All. I didn't see this one and I thought I would get it started. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

This thread is for the dental school. Good luck to you too, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything at all yet?:whistle:

Well, hold tight, looks like last year nobody heard anything much until late August and then it was slow going from there.

Sorry folks, I don't go on here too much. I got my interview invite for UMKC a couple weeks ago and have it scheduled for this Monday 8/18! The only reason why I heard back so soon was because I'm a Hawaii Resident. For Hawaii Residents we interview with an alumni in Hawaii and they were trying to get us in before going back to the "mainland" for schooling. I don't feel comfortable with releasing my scores because they aren't the best, but I do have to say I probably got the interview because of my Hawaii Residency status as well as my extracurricular activities. Best of luck to you all! I wish there was some sort of insight on these interviews because I'm a little nervous!

Awesome, thanks for posting. I always wondered how they handled Hawaii residents. Don't worry about the stats too much, you did something right to earn the interview. GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 1 user
Does UMKC show up on anyone's AADSAS as received/under review? I have received my confirmation after payment and secondary application, but I still do not see it listed on AADSAS.

Mine shows up as received/under review and did so pretty quickly after I submitted and paid

I got an interview already and mine says received/under review. So I'm guessing they don't use it as much as other schools because it doesn't say invited to an interview? I'm not to sure though.

Mine is on the AADSAS page now. Now I just need one of those interviews you mentioned! Lol

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck! Hope you hear back soon with good news! I just finished my interview yesterday :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My AADSAS mail out date was 7/18. I received an email that my application was complete on 7/28, which also gave me a link to pay the $35 fee online. On 8/6 I received an email that I got an interview, and in that email was the D.D.S. Survey that I had to fill out prior to the interview.

My timeline is going to be different then most of yours though. Since I'm a Resident of Hawaii, I had to interview in Hawaii with two alumni and they were trying to get us to interview before leaving Hawaii for school in the mainland, which is why I had such an early notification for an interview. So to answer your question I'm OOS, but from a state where they have an agreement to accept a certain amount of those state residents :)

I just set up my interview today. Anyone on here have any suggestions, recommendations, or simply something I should expect for the interview?

I have my interview on Monday so PM me then and I'll let you know how it went! Just an FYI be prepared to set aside a lot of time to fill out their secondary.. It was pretty intense to say the least, ha.

How long during the day are the interviews supposed to last?

9am - 3:30 pm it seems like it'll be a pretty legit and informative day

Well the actual interview goes about an hour from what I've heard

Ugh. I was hoping to cover the time from work with a doctors appointment or something. Of course, I need to be invited first….

Thank you for the info, and good luck. Do you mind saying what state you are a resident of?

Kansas. When I called to set up my interview they didn't give me an option of days, so I think they just schedule one day at a time until it fills up. Maybe? So I'm sure you have time to be invited!

Kansas here too! I hope they have some leeway with the interview dates, I got a great training position at my job, but it makes getting away hard! On top of it being a great school, my wife and I own a house in northern Johnson county and she works just a few blocks away from the school. Getting into UMKC would just about be a dream come true. Moving would be rough and we may not get to keep our dog. :( I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed.

I'm sure if you explain your situation to them WHEN you get your invite (ha, gotta keep things positive) they'll understand. They know that people have lives and commitments and should hopefully find that to be a good quality. Best of luck to you!! PM me when you get your invite and I'll give you a heads up on what to expect!

Congrats on getting interviews!! I've done my interview already and I strongly advise you guys to really know your secondary application. The questions asked during the interview was pretty much questions that were on your secondary. With that said, the secondary is pretty lengthy, but just put some time and effort into it and you should be fine. If you guys didn't know they only interview on Mondays (from what I was told anyways). Best of luck to all you guys!!!!

I got my invite today. Anybody else interviewing on 9/15?

Anyone else get an interview? Especially in state students...

Last year I had received an invitation by mid August...nothing so far this year.

I heard a rumor that their is a writing sample during your interview? any truth to that?

I have an interview scheduled for 9/26! When I called, I was told this was the only day available so I had to take it (not the best of timing with a genetics and biochem test the next week). Has anyone had their interview yet and could offer some advice or explain what it was like?

Got my invite today! :)

Rejected via email today. Arkansas resident. 22 DAT, 3.78 GPA 3.73 sGPA.

Me too. Just got their rejection email :( 21AA, 22TS

Oh wow. Wishing you two luck elsewhere. I still haven't heard from them....now I'm going to be scared to open any email I get from them.

Oh wow. Wishing you two luck elsewhere. I still haven't heard from them....now I'm going to be scared to open any email I get from them.
Interviewed there on Monday and they said they were doing interviews until the first week in November, so good luck, hopefully you get some good news soon, they informed me of my interview with two weeks notice

Interviewed there on Monday and they said they were doing interviews until the first week in November, so good luck, hopefully you get some good news soon, they informed me of my interview with two weeks notice
Thanks for good wishes. Just found my rejection in my junk mail. I've had the good fortune to get interviews at Nebraska and OSU, but damn, didn't want to move and lose the house. Gonna drown my sorrows in a Latte.

Thanks for good wishes. Just found my rejection in my junk mail. I've had the good fortune to get interviews at Nebraska and OSU, but damn, didn't want to move and lose the house. Gonna drown my sorrows in a Latte.
I feel ya. I got my rejection, too. I only rent in the area, but I love KC. Can't decide if it would be worth it to apply one more cycle if I get accepted elsewhere. I don't like that you can't ask for feedback on your app until Jan 1st.

Did anyone else get the academic update email today?

Do we have to have each professor send a separate email for the classes we are enrolled in now?

Did anyone else get the academic update email today?

Do we have to have each professor send a separate email for the classes we are enrolled in now?
I was wondering that same thing. Also has anyone done any volunteering or research, I haven't done any for the semester

Anybody else's AADSAS portal status change from 'Invited to Interview' a couple days ago? Getting closer...

OMG! Mine didn't change :scared: I'm starting to get worried now :( did anyone who got rejected have their status change?!?! UMKC is my #1 choice and I'd be soooooo devastated if I got rejected after being invited to an interview :nailbiting: especially since I felt good about it also!

OMG! Mine didn't change :scared: I'm starting to get worried now :( did anyone who got rejected have their status change?!?! UMKC is my #1 choice and I'd be soooooo devastated if I got rejected after being invited to an interview :nailbiting: especially since I felt good about it also!
They either
1. Haven't gotten to your application yet
2. Forgot about you

Recieved/under review, it barely changed at the end of last week

Mine changed too from invited for an interview to received/under review. Is this a good sign then? Because I just freaked out a little bit when I saw that change.

For people who have the recieved/under review what does your decision date say?