The Republic of Texas Thread - Part III - Where the West begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys looked at our countdown lately? OMG, is it true??? I'm too scared to look!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

OK, I just checked...not true. (The countdown has stopped, and it says that our fate has been determined!!) I almost had a heart attack!!!

And we have entered the last hour of the match....

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't been able to do any work today!

i hope that when I fail my upcomming quiz, I have a huge grin on my face :thumbup:

Hell, I know where I'm going and I am still hitting refresh like a mad man.

Weird.

Hahahaha:laugh:

That's called good ol' Texan empathy, my friend! :) That's exactly why I only applied here...there's no place like Texas, and no people like Texans!!:love:

Lucky ppl u..

Final Match results will be available at 12:01 am (Central Time) on February 15th. To view Match results, log in to your [Status of Application & Documents Received] page and click on [Enter School Match Preferences]. If you matched, the school will be listed towards the bottom of the page.

hmm. we haven't had any such luck with songs or stories from his medical career.

is this something he needs to be asked to do or will he get to it by himself?

The singing was kind of surprising each time. I am pretty sure that part was not "on request". On his past, you can usually get him to open up by starting a conversation about Hopkins or India. Also, if you get a chance, although I think this year was his last to go and if not it is only every other year in either case it would not apply, the Maastricht Trip is, from what I hear, a 24 hour marathon of little Dr. H tidbits. He really is a wealth of information and advice, and it is totally worth spending the time to get him to warm up to you.

hahah i've resolved not to sign into TMDSAS until after 12AM. too much stress to refresh. that and constant refreshing from all the texans waiting may cause a meltdown.

DesiMcatAcer said:
Good luck to everyone I wish all of you here get in your top choices in the match. As a re-applicant this year with a pre-match acceptance, it has been a long journey. If I could be of any help to any of you, feel free to PM me. Remember that match is still only a beginning and there is waitlist process and many people still get in. I hope all of you will be successful tonight. Good luck!

Major congrats dude. :thumbup:

And good luck to everyone tonight. I went through the match a couple of times. If you are one of the unlucky ones tonight, don't give up. Allow yourself a day or two to be depressed, then pick yourself up, knock off the dust, and get right back into the saddle.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

I ain't gonna get sappy but I do want to say this much.

This board has been a great addition to my basic support group (family, friends etc) because everyone knew what the other was going through. So for those who have helped and guided along the way, many, many thanks. I hope each of you get the spot you desire and deserve. If not this time, please don't give up.

Best wishes.

'Rambler

Members don't see this ad :)

And good luck to everyone tonight. I went through the match a couple of times. If you are one of the unlucky ones tonight, don't give up. Allow yourself a day or two to be depressed, then pick yourself up, knock off the dust, and get right back into the saddle.

Oh, and any UTSA peeps....if you have questions, feel free to drop me a PM and I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner.

What music is everyone listening to? I'm mixin' it up a bit tonight, but I made sure to sneak in a little Lenny Kravitz... "It ain't over 'til it's over!" :D

for those of you in Lubbock or further north, watch the roads, they suck right now

What music is everyone listening to? I'm mixin' it up a bit tonight, but I made sure to sneak in a little Lenny Kravitz... "It ain't over 'til it's over!" :D

Werd. EvoDevo's "courage" should be required reading for all who start this process. If things don't go your way read it in a few days and you'll be glad you did.

i wonder how many people are lurking... there has to be more than the 5 posters on here waiting for the match.

Werd. EvoDevo's "courage" should be required reading for all who start this process. If things don't go your way read it in a few days and you'll be glad you did.

Something tells me that I might be getting more info from you about this in about 40 mins or so.:scared: Gawd, I hope not!!

Best of luck everybody!! We're almost there!!!:luck: :luck:

around... killing time on other sites though

Good luck everyone! Hope to see some of you around in the fall :thumbup:

I'm not sure, but I think Frasier is my favorite sitcom, ever. Well, there's Scrubs, Seinfeld, the Office, I don't know. I guess I love them all? :cool:

if you're tired of refreshing the TMDSAS page, check your emails also. last year UTSW notified us more than an hour early, but that was when Dr. Wright was heading admissions. Since he's no longer here, things might be different now.

good luck to everyone! especially yourmom25!

Thanks Evo :) How is med school?

bah i'm here too. every few slides i'll switch to mozilla to hit F5, and go back to my notes.

also thank you all for the good luck wishes! it's nice to know i have support from strangers hahah.

I'm here too. Just watching Scrubs watching time tick on by.
Come on TAMU!

This board has been a great addition to my basic support group (family, friends etc) because everyone knew what the other was going through. So for those who have helped and guided along the way, many, many thanks. I hope each of you get the spot you desire and deserve. If not this time, please don't give up.

dittos :cool:

I tried checking my e-mail like Potato said, but hotmail's server says it's "too busy"!! WTF?? Maybe there are even more lurkers on here than we imagined! :)

I tried checking my e-mail like Potato said, but hotmail's server says it's "too busy"!! WTF?? Maybe there are even more lurkers on here than we imagined! :)

WTF... the hotmail server was too busy for me, also.

Best wishes.

'Rambler

I share the same sentiments :thumbup:

Is anybody else's heartbeat increasing.....mine is.:(..I've been following this thread religiously for about a month and it has been a great support system. I wish all of you the best of luck. Much love.:)

Also, I read the courage link and it was very touching........no matter what happens all, keep your heads up.....

Good luck everyone!!!:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: I can't believe its almost time...I almost don't want to check it...

It's pretty dang awesome, I tell you. A kick in the pants and all, but some amazing opportunities too. I've managed to scrub into something like 40 cases and I'm not even in third year yet.

You're going to have a blast. :)

Good luck everyone!!!:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: I can't believe its almost time...I almost don't want to check it...

Dude, you and me both! I feel like I'm being torn in half... I can't wait to find out, but I'm too chicken to check it!!:laugh:

:luck: Alright, good luck people. I wish everyone could match somewhere.

15 min.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off if TMDSAS decided not to do midnight this yr.

Kudos to what Rambler said. I really appreciate everyone especially the ones who have already picked their schools and are just rooting everyone on.

my heart rate is definitely increasing...i don't think i'll get in. i shouldn't be so pessimistic but oh well. if i get an acceptance it will feel that much better

Status
Not open for further replies.