The Republic of Texas XXXVII: Get up. Look up. Show up. Never Give up.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no schools showing up under my list (including prematch). The system is doing its thing... lets all relax and see where tomorrow takes us
Hahaha yup just want it to be 8 am tomorrow already!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I have no schools showing up under my list (including prematch). The system is doing its thing... lets all relax and see where tomorrow takes us

Did you use the app though?

I saw one school on my app around 2pm I just didn't think much of it tbh

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes y’all, glitchy behavior by a website when new data is being entered is about as reliable as reading tea leaves.
But come back on line tomorrow and share your news!

On the app, I can only see my match school (I ranked a school #1 that I prematched to)

Reactions: 1 user
It's their first year with this app right? Probs just a bug

Just to add to eveyone’s anxiety, I only see two/four of the schools I ranked above my prematch. Lol

Just curious, do the majority of applicants end up relying on the match or have a prematch going in?

Just curious, do the majority of applicants end up relying on the match or have a prematch going in?
That’s not a statistic I have seen quoted. Part of it is that many of those without a prematch will match on match day, and those with one or more prematches may end up enrolling at none of those.
The statistics usually published are # accepted and # matriculating.

Members don't see this ad :)
It mostly depends on what schools you’ve interviewed at, I think. Schools like UTSW apparently use mostly pre-match and waitlist movement. Long, on the other hand, claims they are very match heavy.

That’s not a statistic I have seen quoted. Part of it is that many of those without a prematch will match on match day, and those with one or more prematches may end up enrolling at none of those.
The statistics usually published are # accepted and # matriculating.
They should add total number of interviewed as well

Do the schools enter candidates in descending order or do they blanket accept/reject?

I am going to stay up as late as I can doing school work because I know my day is not going to be productive at all tomorrow, no matter the result. Besides, I can fall asleep easier if I'm too tired.

...or I could take a benadryl lol

Reactions: 1 users
UTMB sent out acceptance emails at 1:00am. My bf got one but he is in an early acceptance program.

Just two, UTMB and TCOM. Was really hoping for UTMB but... now I gotta wait to see what 8am brings
I know some early emails went out but a couple of my friends who matched to Utmb last year got the email at 8

I know some early emails went out but a couple of my friends who matched to Utmb last year got the email at 8
Do you know if other people also got early emails last year? Then maybe some more were sent at 8? Here’s to hoping

Do you know if other people also got early emails last year? Then maybe some more were sent at 8? Here’s to hoping
I don’t know anyone else that matched there so it’s possible. But idk. I wouldn’t worry too much atm (like that’s possible)

I got a new email notification and got so excited and it was just a new deal from Groupon :)

Reactions: 4 users
Work is gonna be rough tomorrow

I haven’t be able to sleep either, but that’s because I’m working a night shift atm. I get out just in time for the results tho!

we can only match to one school right? If we match to our second choice, will we be placed on WL of our first choice?

we can only match to one school right? If we match to our second choice, will we be placed on WL of our first choice?

Yep, you’ll come out with only one school. Any schools ranked below your match will go away. You’ll stay on the WL for any school above your matched school until June 1st.

Just got off of work and find myself wanting to stay awake until 8 am to hear the news from you all. You're on the doorstep! Rooting for you all!!

giphy.gif

No match with 5 II. Idk what to say

Reactions: 8 users
Matched to Texas Tech! Very very blessed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.