The Roaring TWWenties (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Night 3

The woman settled into her seat in the theater, excited at the prospect of enjoying one of her favorite pastimes - talking pictures. It was such a relaxing activity. She had invited a few friends along...well, she acted like they were friends anyway. What she really wanted from them was information. It was a late night showing, and she was a little early, so they hadn't arrived yet. The first to arrive was a man wearing a hat and a charming smile. She smiled and waved him over. A man with a mustache who smelled of fish and a woman who was, for some reason, carrying a trombone joined them soon after. The lights dimmed and the show began.

------

Elsewhere, a stately woman was in her home, feeling the worst she had ever felt in her entire life. She had been to the doctor, but no one could help her. She slipped into a feverish sleep, from which she never awoke.

Dead is @PippyPony, who was the 19th Amendment to the Constitution, a villager with a secret double vote

--------

Several gunshots rang out in the crowded theater. Everyone panicked and ran for the doors. No one saw who had fired the gun. When the authorities entered, there was only one casualty.

Dead is @SARdoghandler, who was Talkies (Sound Film), a villager who could steal one player's results per night (RNG'd from 3 options)

It is now Day 4
Lynch deadline is 10pm EST

9 Players Remain


1. @SnowshoeDog143
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @Melchizedek
4. @BigCats
5. @EngrSC
6. @Barkley13
7. @dolphin106258
8. @mizchiefmanaged
9. @jenjen2020

Dead Zone

Alissa, Wolf, Janitor
Cubs- Car, Transporter
mpm - Chanel No. 5, Time Traveller
kata - Penicillin, Healer
lupin - Daisy Buchanan, Lover
Genny - Jay Gatsby, Lover
Wondering - Al Capone, poisoner
SAR - Talkies, Results Thief
Pippy - 19th Amendment, Double Voter​
 
Day 4 Party Like it's NOT the Roaring 20's Lynch Tally

Dolph (1) - jenjen
engr (2) - Barks, BC

3/9

Leading: @EngrSC
Missing: @dolphin106258 @Melchizedek @Animal Midwife @SnowshoeDog143 @mizchiefmanaged @EngrSC

Lynch deadline at 10pm EST (9.5 hours)

-1920s-usa-sheet-music-jazz-irvin-the-advertising-archives.jpg
 
Last edited:
Well I'm feeling good about my reads this game. The fact that the wolves keep killing sketchy people worries me a bit though. Anyways I'll stick with my lynch from yesterday

##lynch mel##$
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m literally not looking at voting these were all based on tone/gut/posts. I was planning to look at voting patterns today.
Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that given your behavior yesterday. Why do you need to look at the patterns to provide reasoning if you've already made a readslist?
 
Yeah, I don't know how I feel about that given your behavior yesterday. Why do you need to look at the patterns to provide reasoning if you've already made a readslist?
...I don’t know what my behavior is from yesterday aside from being busy. YOU GUYS LITERALLY always do this. You don’t have any behavior to go off of. I haven’t been here. That’s it, that’s the bottom line. Just say I’m not posting enough for you and be done stop trying to make it into some big thing you’ve figured out. And I was planning to look at voting patterns to see if that changed any of my reads on anyone or if they largely stayed the same. Am I allowed to do that? :bang:
 
...I don’t know what my behavior is from yesterday aside from being busy. YOU GUYS LITERALLY always do this. You don’t have any behavior to go off of. I haven’t been here. That’s it, that’s the bottom line. Just say I’m not posting enough for you and be done stop trying to make it into some big thing you’ve figured out. And I was planning to look at voting patterns to see if that changed any of my reads on anyone or if they largely stayed the same. Am I allowed to do that? :bang:
I don't understand why they would've changed when the only thing that's occurred a single nightkill since you've posted them. And, I'm sorry, but I will pressure people I don't think have posted enough. It's how the game works. If I can't read you, then I can't solve the game. When will the reasons be posted?
 
If wondering flips wolf, I would very much like to flip Engr next.
Can you explain why? I don’t think Wondering and I have been canoodling by any means and she said she had feels about me on D2. I can’t imagine she’d throw that out there if I was also a wolf (and she voted to lynch me)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't understand why they would've changed when the only thing that's occurred a single nightkill since you've posted them. And, I'm sorry, but I will pressure people I don't think have posted enough. It's how the game works. If I can't read you, then I can't solve the game. When will the reasons be posted?
Yes but you’re acting like I’ve given you all this information to go off of for my attitude or tone on the game when I haven’t. And it’s annoying. You are framing it as pressure now, but you weren’t earlier. That’s my point. And if you can’t read me why are you voting me. At least say you think I’m Wolfy. Otherwise that’s just an easy reason to place a vote. And I haven’t been keeping up with every single second of this game like I wanted because work has been a mess therefore, none of the reads I put out were based on voting at all. Generally when I place reads I like to have voting be part of my reasoning, therefore going back to look at it today may have changed my thoughts on people. But I wasn’t sure, so I was just trying to tell you up front all the reads were based on gut feels and how I read their posts. But now you’re trying to spin it into something sketchy to support your vote on me that you’re saying is actually without reason now, because you have no read on me.
 
Yes but you’re acting like I’ve given you all this information to go off of for my attitude or tone on the game when I haven’t. And it’s annoying. You are framing it as pressure now, but you weren’t earlier. That’s my point. And if you can’t read me why are you voting me. At least say you think I’m Wolfy. Otherwise that’s just an easy reason to place a vote. And I haven’t been keeping up with every single second of this game like I wanted because work has been a mess therefore, none of the reads I put out were based on voting at all. Generally when I place reads I like to have voting be part of my reasoning, therefore going back to look at it today may have changed my thoughts on people. But I wasn’t sure, so I was just trying to tell you up front all the reads were based on gut feels and how I read their posts. But now you’re trying to spin it into something sketchy to support your vote on me that you’re saying is actually without reason now, because you have no read on me.
So why don't you help me by giving reasons behind your readslist?
 
Can you explain why? I don’t think Wondering and I have been canoodling by any means and she said she had feels about me on D2. I can’t imagine she’d throw that out there if I was also a wolf (and she voted to lynch me)
Do you have any thoughts to where you plan to vote?
 
Do you have any thoughts to where you plan to vote?
Honestly I’m not sure, which is why I haven’t voted yet ... and I may end up voting for you to save myself :shrug:

But, like you, I’m re-reading bits and pieces trying to see if anything jumps out at me. The only thing that is obvious to me about you is that you have been absent-ish (but then again I have too), you missed a vote, and you deliberately caused a tie, which baffles me. Could be innocent but could also be malevolent.
 
Honestly I’m not sure, which is why I haven’t voted yet ... and I may end up voting for you to save myself :shrug:

But, like you, I’m re-reading bits and pieces trying to see if anything jumps out at me. The only thing that is obvious to me about you is that you have been absent-ish (but then again I have too), you missed a vote, and you deliberately caused a tie, which baffles me. Could be innocent but could also be malevolent.

Only talking about the tie part.. I think dolphin just likes ties. She did that last game as village and everyone jumped on her for that.
 
Honestly I’m not sure, which is why I haven’t voted yet ... and I may end up voting for you to save myself :shrug:

But, like you, I’m re-reading bits and pieces trying to see if anything jumps out at me. The only thing that is obvious to me about you is that you have been absent-ish (but then again I have too), you missed a vote, and you deliberately caused a tie, which baffles me. Could be innocent but could also be malevolent.
Lol I caused the tie on purpose yes, but didn’t plan to leave it, did it early enough in the day that it could’ve easily been broken, and then when the tie was remade later, voted for wondering and unlynched Mel so there wasn’t a tie. I get why you think it’s sketchy, but also like hello it wasn’t that bad.
 
Ah yes the classic wolf strategy of teaming up with a buddy, claiming joke vote, voting close together, voting for a veteran player. Yes yes beautiful play lmao.

I posted my vote feeling all fun and silly and noticed that snow happened to do the same at the exact same time. It doesn't sway my feelings towards them at all though obviously.

Why is it weird?

Sent from my SM-G960U using SDN mobile
Poor mpm had such solid feels this game. I am sorry I missed the vote where you died in a tie.
Who was/is your manator. I would like to slap them for not beating this "Timestamp analysis" behavior out of you during your noob game.


Maybe AM doesn't want you to......get off...... :naughty:



I disagree with almost all of this post.

1. I agree that alissa's eagerness and then subsequent quietness is something to red flag, but its definitely not strong enough that its worth a vote. I feel like this is a reach/overjustification

2. My gut reaction to people being overly sweet to the new players is :eyebrow: and I'm worried that you've given away village cred waaaay too easily (almost like you KNOW they are village and are just finding a good way to lock-in an early village read/pocket them.)

So sketch points to you.



You KNOW what I'm going to say about this. This is reading like your wolf-tell. Knock it off.


I'm not sure what this is reference to? If its about the dance monkey video, it works fine for me so :shrug:


lol at the noob calling the other noob a noob.
@PippyPony :slap:

Now you're finding justification to keep your vote there after the fact. Your initial vote there was poorly informed and makes a lot of assumptions (we know that some people didn't get the notification from the tags).

You yourself said she was hyper excited to play another game. I haven't played with her in many games or if I have, she hasn't registered to me before, but do you think she would be able to contain that excitement enough to lurk? (I'm asking for your opinion, not being rhetorical to throw shade on your analysis).
Well then maybe you should fix the forums oh great one 😛
If its going to bother you here's the original link haha

Because its mostly NAI. People play and post as they can, if anything I would think wolves would be MORE cognizant of voting together at the exact same time as one another, and purposely avoid doing it.

Unlynch NoobNoob
Mods does she know the game started?

Lynch Snowy


I’ve had a good track record of accurately wolf reading her. she’s usually very non-commital to her votes to begin with but she switched away from her joke genny vote after like.....barely any pushback from genny. The jumpiness makes me gut think Wolf!Snowy.
So these are all the posts where Mel intentionally tries to cast lots of shade about cubs voting Alissa some quite early in the day where she was in no danger so less likely to be a problem as a wolf partner. But obviously with the flip a bigger issue.
Barks I’m leaning toward village especially after the vote yesterday unless both were wolves which doesn’t seem likely with barks and alissa’s interaction.

I was getting whiplash from genny's posts from yesterday but now feeling better about her.

I got village feels from this but don't want to speculate too much of what I read this post as hinting at



Engr - I'm getting a lot of noob vibes and I'm questioning if it's being played up intentionally or not. For some reason I'm getting feels here

AM - Feels like normal AM but her play style will always rub me the wrong way so just going to keep an eye.

lynch Engr

Check your votes!!


Day 2: Bring on the tommy guns Lynch Tally

Snowy ()
Wondering (4) - AM, snowy, Barks, kata
bigcats (1) - Lupin
mpm (4) - Pippy, Engr, jenjen, SAR
SAR (2) - genny, Mel
Engr (3) - bigcats, mpm, Wondering
dolph (1) - miz

15/16

A tie!!!

missing: @dolphin106258

Lynch closes at 10PM EST
We had that vote for engr trying to make a more valid place for a vote instead of herself definitely makes me feel better about engr in retrospect, idk how I forgot she did this but here we are.
lynch Engr
Day 3 placeholder Lynch tally
Wondering (5)
- AM, jenjen, SAR, Barks, Snowy
Mel (1) - genny
Engr (1) - BC

7/13

Leader: @WonderingStudent

Missing: @WonderingStudent @PippyPony @dolphin106258 @mizchiefmanaged @Melchizedek @EngrSC

Lynch closes at 10p EST (9.5 hours)
Now this confuses me obviously engr is in no danger so why not just jump on wondering if Bc is the other wolf just to help herself out. I don’t know how it helps to vote engr when wondering had such a large lead.
what's going on now? Can we not lynch me on a day when I have an exam so I can actually defend myself? The second half starts in 5 mins and then we have a class happy hour so sorry losers, but I'm gonna be having fun instead of dealing with y'all's bull**** 😛

1. If you're lynching me because I was asking questions about why people were lynching alissa, I might point out that Pippy has been doing the same thing with Wondering.

2. I'm the one who initially spotlighted the fact that wondering was off with the whole "timestamp" analysis, so if you're wolf reading her, why am I also a good lynch?

3. If you're lynching me because I went after snowy please see most games where I push and badger the people I know I can read (AM, snowy, and genny) to get them talking so I can get an early eval on them.

Still think SAR is wolfy and would back that vote.


Lynch Wondering

For self-prez. May or may not be back depending on my tipsy level

Edit to make lynch bold
Yeah Mel did this...idk if that helps my feels for him or not.
Engr, then Mel +/- dolphin (can’t decide if I think Mel started the counterwagon as a wolf and dolphin just happened to vote there too or if I think Mel cast the first vote and dolphin opportunistically hopped on or if I think they’re both wolves). Wondering is on the lower end of my list but there are enough people adamantly convinced about her that I’m down to see if there’s fire to accompany that smoke.
Don’t like this post. And still after all the reading I just did I couldn’t tell you why BC is hung up on engr.
Just woke up. Sorry I work overnights, get off at 8 am and sleep during the day after. I'm too tired to read this thread in depth right now when I'm already under a lot of stress IRL and need to be productive today. I already let the stress of having to write reads yesterday while at work get to me.

Lynch mel
Day 3 SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND Lynch tally
Wondering (5)
- AM, jenjen, SAR, Barks, Mel
Mel (5) - genny, pippy, snowy, dolphin, Wondering
Engr (1) - BC

11/13

Leader: TIE
@WonderingStudent & @Melchizedek

Missing: @mizchiefmanaged @EngrSC

Lynch closes at 10p EST (3.75 hours)

giphy.gif
yeah I don’t see how Mel is a wolf in this scenario...like unless they just don’t care and are causing the most confusion possible.
 
Unlynch engr
Lynch BC


I swear if someone doesn’t vote here and I die. I’m gonna be so mad. This is my day off I am trying to be on here and help despite my poor play the other days.
 
@dolphin106258 Are you done catching up and ready to share reasoning?
Yeah here, you consistently voted for two wolves especially wondering hard core, if you were actually gonna bus that hard and be a wolf well...then good for you. But I have you village. Jenjen just based on posts and tone I still have her as village. Miz despite being here less than I’d like I still have her village although it is a bit more neutral to village leaning. Snowy I still have as village based on voting patterns, even tho at the moment I’d love for snowy to vote BC instead of Mel. Engr I still have as neutral but based on votes of other players I have a hard time thinking they’d be a wolf.
BC and Mel are what I’ve got left for wolves, obviously based on my vote I have BC higher up than Mel, because while I have his D1 behavior as very Wolfy that last part of my previous post where wondering ties it with him...doesn’t exactly give me great confidence for him being a wolf.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*******lynch Mel******

I don’t feel terrible about wondering on ISO and I’ve gotten a few minor pocket vibes from Mel.
Oh, and

lynch Wondering

and please don’t think I’m suspicious if I don’t change votes between 9 and 10pm. K thanks 😛
Also these got left off accidentally but these basically re-tied the final tally and is really the only “sketch” thing I have for Miz, but since I also have suspicion for Mel it’s not exactly something I can get too upset about.
 
Yeah here, you consistently voted for two wolves especially wondering hard core, if you were actually gonna bus that hard and be a wolf well...then good for you. But I have you village. Jenjen just based on posts and tone I still have her as village. Miz despite being here less than I’d like I still have her village although it is a bit more neutral to village leaning. Snowy I still have as village based on voting patterns, even tho at the moment I’d love for snowy to vote BC instead of Mel. Engr I still have as neutral but based on votes of other players I have a hard time thinking they’d be a wolf.
BC and Mel are what I’ve got left for wolves, obviously based on my vote I have BC higher up than Mel, because while I have his D1 behavior as very Wolfy that last part of my previous post where wondering ties it with him...doesn’t exactly give me great confidence for him being a wolf.
So you can't see a world where anyone but Mel/BC are wolves? But also want zero pressure on Mel? Is there a specific reason BC must be voted before Mel?
 
Also these got left off accidentally but these basically re-tied the final tally and is really the only “sketch” thing I have for Miz, but since I also have suspicion for Mel it’s not exactly something I can get too upset about.

I am feeling like if mel isn't a wolf, miz probably is. How yesterday played out made me feel they probably aren't both wolves.
 
So you can't see a world where anyone but Mel/BC are wolves? But also want zero pressure on Mel? Is there a specific reason BC must be voted before Mel?
No if mel or BC weren’t wolves my only other possibles are Miz or engr. But I wouldn’t start with them. And no Mel can have pressure but I didn’t see you or jenjen moving off of me anytime soon which is why I made the comment about snowy. And no I just feel a bit more confident in my BC read than Mel. But if more people I have village want Mel to go first I would move.