The Roaring TWWenties (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What about alissa made you think you'd go there in the short time you wrote you woke up from a nap to that woulda been your move?
On very VERY quick scan Barks seemed normal. Even though I initially withdrew my alissa vote because she finally did post it continued to give me some heebie jeebies like someone in wolf chat pinged her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Barks does not feel super wolfy to me but after a few wolf outings for her, I am realizing I always want to think she is village

I don't necessarily buy Mel's follow up argument to my question about why snowy -- that he could have jumped on mpm or Barks for a counterwagon instead of pushing a snowy lynch. The less obvious thing to do there as wolf would be to drive a new lynch, not jump on one of the existing ones. And I dunno, I don't really like how that snowy lynch picked up steam at the very end.

But I should probably re-read, because my effort in this game so far has been kind of non-existent.
 
Ha! alrighty. I am having weird feels about his timing of pushing snowy, so wasn't sure if it's his normal sketch. Guess that'll be a mystery I have popcorn for considering I also like he didn't want barks lynched. pros and cons equal at this point in time.
What is your read on SAR?

Your posts are overlapping a lot with the cursory feels I've had about various things and I don't know how to feel about that, because frankly I'm a bad villager and you are quite a good one.
 
Feel like this is just a repeat of last game. Sorry @PippyPony for reflecting negatively on you. 🙁
Can you explain this?

I said earlier that I don't think it's wrong to look at timestamps/post cadence, so I don't agree with people shaming you for doing that. In fact, I think it sounds like they are trying to shut down out-of-the-box thinking.

But I would like you to clarify what you mean by reflecting negatively and also what you mean by this being like last game.
 
Also @katashark and @dolphin106258 who have only posted like once.

I don't like that Engr had good conversation, but left without changing from their joke vote. But by this point there is getting to be too many noobs in my supposed pack. And I don't think wz would allow an rng wolf pack of all newer players.
 
Also @katashark and @dolphin106258 who have only posted like once.

I don't like that Engr had good conversation, but left without changing from their joke vote. But by this point there is getting to be too many noobs in my supposed pack. And I don't think wz would allow an rng wolf pack of all newer players.
I also doubt it's an all noob pack, but I don't remember dubz ever saying she dislikes those so don't think she altered RNG.
 
Because I looked at this post:

Also would like to hear reads from wondering who hasn't given any and BC who has only posted floof

and thought to myself "Kata and Dolphin also haven't posted much. Kata probably isn't a wolf because of her voting Alissa D1 and staying there. But why isn't Snowy questioning dolphin too?"
So I posted:

Why isn't Dolphin in this list?
Which happened to just barely ninja Snowy posting this :
Also @katashark and @dolphin106258 who have only posted like once.

The logic is consistent and the fact that she's now starting to take a stance on people and actively evaluating them makes me feel better enough to unlynch. She's still on my radar, but lower on my sketch list.

I just got on, couldn't figure out the updated tally. Agreed with your snowy feels. Didn't want to lynch Barks D1 and thought I saw another vote for snowy without realizing it was Alissa who was closest and my brain thought a tie between snowy and barks was better than just lynching barks

I may have had a bit of sangria tonight

Coming back to this. Prior to this post you were practically fluff posting, and I'm not sure I buy that you didn't see that Alissa was part of the tie...I'm more inclined to believe that you were hard pressed to find an alternative to Alissa getting lynched and you saw that I was asking people not to lynch barks so you thought snowy might be where people went last second.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Am I reading this right? Alissa is alive again?
It took me literally three read-thrus of that write up to figure out that you thought "Big Al" meant "AL-issa".

She's dead on the roster, dude. At the most stretchiest of stretches, the wolves have a Backup role and the mods strangely referenced a player's username instead of a role name... but I think it's way more likely there is a Godfather named Big Al.
 
kata didn't vote for alissa.
ahhhh she was on barks my bad. Exam brain. That puts kata back on my radar.


It took me literally three read-thrus of that write up to figure out that you thought "Big Al" meant "AL-issa".

She's dead on the roster, dude. At the most stretchiest of stretches, the wolves have a Backup role and the mods strangely referenced a player's username instead of a role name... but I think it's way more likely there is a Godfather named Big Al.
Yo will you chill out, I know my reading comprehension is shotty at best haha but Ms P's original post had only cubs on the dead list and Alissa back on the roster before she edited it.
 
I like the votes on wondering but I am going to

lynch mpm

due to some tone things plus the weird exchange about how she would be more inclined to lynch engr but didn't actually want to lynch her but later she did even though nothing had changed

Also this post from dolphin stood out to me as weird:
But cool that I get pushed for reasons but most people never dooooo.
 
Ok. I re-read and actually may have processed some things this time?

Lynch mpm

But I would also probably support a SAR lynch, and need to hear more from Wonder about where her guilt and anxiety is coming from before I call that one a bad lynch.
 
AM (1) - SAR
kata (1) - AM
jenjen (1) - genny
genny (1) - snowy
genny (2) - snowy, mpm
cubs (1) - barks
pippy (1) - BC
mpm (1) - wondering
barks (1) - kata
jenjen (2) - genny, mel
barks (2) - kata, engr
mpm () - wondering
alissa (1) - cubs
genny (3) - snowy, mpm, alissa
Lupin (1) - pippy
alissa (2) - cubs, miz
alissa (1) - cubs, miz
Lupin () - pippy
mpm (1) - Lupin
jenjen (1) - genny, mel
snowy (1) - mel
jenjen () - genny
mpm (2) - Lupin, genny
genny (2) - snowy, mpm, alissa
genny (1) - snowy, mpm
wondering (1) - snowy
kata () - AM
alissa (2) - cubs, AM
genny () - mpm
engr (1) - mpm
barks (3) - kata, engr, alissa
cubs () - barks
alissa (3) - cubs, AM, barks
snowy (2) - mel, dolphin

missing: jenjen, miz, wondering, pippy
 
Because I looked at this post:



and thought to myself "Kata and Dolphin also haven't posted much. Kata probably isn't a wolf because of her voting Alissa D1 and staying there. But why isn't Snowy questioning dolphin too?"
So I posted:


Which happened to just barely ninja Snowy posting this :


The logic is consistent and the fact that she's now starting to take a stance on people and actively evaluating them makes me feel better enough to unlynch. She's still on my radar, but lower on my sketch list.



Coming back to this. Prior to this post you were practically fluff posting, and I'm not sure I buy that you didn't see that Alissa was part of the tie...I'm more inclined to believe that you were hard pressed to find an alternative to Alissa getting lynched and you saw that I was asking people not to lynch barks so you thought snowy might be where people went last second.

Believe what you want, but you got the exact truth of what happened.

If you think as a wolf I'd do something so attention gathering and not even save the wolf up for lynch doing it? That's just a sad assessment of my wolf game. I guarantee you the wolves knew where the tally was better than my drunk and scrambling brain and if I was a wolf and going to be on at the last minute instead of just quietly lurking, I'd have gone to barks.

If Barks flips wolf too, now I will agree that would make me look sketchy af
 
Geez, y'all. I was spending yesterday with my family and then had to drive back up to school today in spring break traffic. I know I joke that WW is my life, but some things are more important.

Onto the game...

genny came out swinging D1, felt like she was riding the high of last game, which is a good sign. Don't know if I agree with the "don't lynch the noob" hypocrisy as someone who was still sitting on the first jenjen vote, but overall she feels fine.
AM feels like AM, so she can go into the village pile too.
Pippy... I want to say village, but I can't help but wonder if her "I don't want AM to share her thoughts until tomorrow" post in response to jenjen was an attempt to pull the protector (if there is one this game) onto AM to ensure that the real kill would go through. Gave me a twinge of fishing like she did in the game where we wolfed together.
I'm actually not sketched out by Barks for once, and I think it's likely she was the village counterwagon to alissa. Really makes me wonder about the early votes on her from kata and Engr, who dropped their votes and skedaddled- could be joke votes turned into an actual counterwagon when it became clear alissa was in danger. I would put Engr as more likely to be a wolf than kata because Engr could have jumped onto kata's vote knowing that kata wouldn't return before close.
I would be interested to see if there were actually two village counterwagons, Barks and Snowy- I think if Snowy flips village, I would want to flip Mel and then, if wolf, dolphin. I could see a scenario where the Barks counterwagon wasn't getting enough steam, so other wolves came in to start a new one. I could see a Engr/Mel/maybe dolph pack based on that.
 
I would be interested to see if there were actually two village counterwagons, Barks and Snowy- I think if Snowy flips village, I would want to flip Mel and then, if wolf, dolphin. I could see a scenario where the Barks counterwagon wasn't getting enough steam, so other wolves came in to start a new one. I could see a Engr/Mel/maybe dolph pack based on that.
Thoughts on the mpm vote yesterday? She was also pretty close to being lynched
 
Pippy... I want to say village, but I can't help but wonder if her "I don't want AM to share her thoughts until tomorrow" post in response to jenjen was an attempt to pull the protector (if there is one this game) onto AM to ensure that the real kill would go through. Gave me a twinge of fishing like she did in the game where we wolfed together.
I just want to say I am tickled by this lol

Flattery, my fave

But no. I basically had AM as pretty hard village by that point, thought she might be the kill choice, and given that she has a tendency to be wrong in early game (sorry AM), I didn't want to have her loudly spew some incorrect reads in all caps and let wolves feed off of that for days lol
 
lynch Engr
I am feeling that Engr is probably village based on yesterday's interactions. Her objections to certain comments came across as village skepticism when I read them in context of other comments.

I am in strong agreement with some of your other reads (e.g. I also noticed the quick flip flop on genny's part where she said she wanted to lynch Mel for lynching a noob... and then immediately got after SAR for defending a noob...) but I agree that if Snowy gets lynched and flips village then I want Mel lynched next.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Believe what you want, but you got the exact truth of what happened.

If you think as a wolf I'd do something so attention gathering and not even save the wolf up for lynch doing it? That's just a sad assessment of my wolf game. I guarantee you the wolves knew where the tally was better than my drunk and scrambling brain and if I was a wolf and going to be on at the last minute instead of just quietly lurking, I'd have gone to barks.

If Barks flips wolf too, now I will agree that would make me look sketchy af
So, I think I agree that you were not lurking and had no idea what the tally was... but in light of that, I would like you to explain this comment:

I just got on, couldn't figure out the updated tally. Agreed with your snowy feels. Didn't want to lynch Barks D1 and thought I saw another vote for snowy without realizing it was Alissa who was closest and my brain thought a tie between snowy and barks was better than just lynching barks

I may have had a bit of sangria tonight
Mmm. In vino veritas.
 
Thoughts on the mpm vote yesterday? She was also pretty close to being lynched
I think the people on her yesterday are village- genny and Lupin- which is at least more than I can say for the folks on your lynch. It does ping a little bit that alissa flipped to you instead of mpm- gives me soccer vibes. I can see how mpm read wishy-washy yesterday, and she seemed to vanish after 8 (thinking that alissa could push the Barks lynch onwards so that mpm wouldn't be in danger?), so I can fit her into my pack theory if I squint. I guess it boils down to whether I think there was an absentee wolf or if losing alissa was a better option than exposing other wolves.