The Roaring TWWenties (Game Thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like you to explain why tipsySAR sounds like she is admitting she did not realize Alissa was in jeopardy.

To follow up on this, if I had realized that Alissa and Barks were tied, I likely would have voted for Alissa. I realize that that means nothing as this is all after the fact but Barks' posts near the end that I read really fast sounded like village Barks to me and I was trying to not get her lynched D1. I had feels for Snowy and saw some movement there so thought that was likely my best move at the time. Which it wasn't. But it was also late anyway.
 
Phew, I'm caught up. FYI I have to be at work by 6:30am so I am almost always asleep by 10. Last night there wasn't anything compelling enough for me to change my completely arbitrary vote by the time I went to bed. But here are my current thoughts:

Mel attempted to dissuade votes for Alissa ... a little suspect now that we know Alissa was a wolf.
When Alissa piggy-backed onto my joke of a vote for barky, she discouraged voting for mpm ... perhaps mpm is a wolf?
SAR almost creating a lynch tie ... I'm a noob and I know that would lead to bad bad things but I'll shelf that concern for the time being.
Also, I know many of you are choosing to see the snowy and mpm voting for genny within the same minute of one another as coincidence. But what if mpm is wolf and it was a bad attempt at making Snowy, a villager, look suspect?

Congratulations mpm, you are the most shady to me at this moment.

Lynch MPM

It took me literally three read-thrus of that write up to figure out that you thought "Big Al" meant "AL-issa".

She's dead on the roster, dude. At the most stretchiest of stretches, the wolves have a Backup role and the mods strangely referenced a player's username instead of a role name... but I think it's way more likely there is a Godfather named Big Al.
And lastly, noob question - what is a Godfather?
 
And lastly, noob question - what is a Godfather?

@Animal Midwife probably has some more comments on what is/is not a Godfather but basically I think of it as Alpha Wolf by a different name.

The theme/flavor of a 1920s game involving prohibition fits more with a mob boss than with a wolf, which is why I brought it up.

And on that note, since we have some newer players... basically I am also saying that any village investigative roles may want to think twice about the validity of their results. I also think we should be prepared to have to lynch wolves in the correct order.

I am probably going to get feedback on how I have my own weird definitions for roles, but...
In traditional mafia games, some of the most common "bad guy" roles are:
  • Godfather = seen as Town (Village) when investigated; may also be unlynchable until all other bad guys are lynched
  • Strongarm = bad guy who can kill through protection and/or is unblockable
  • Mafia Goons = basically the same as a vanilla wolf (no abilities other than killing)
And on the village side of things, it is common to have an alignment Cop (checks people for good guy or bad guy) and a Doctor (protector).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can you explain this?

I said earlier that I don't think it's wrong to look at timestamps/post cadence, so I don't agree with people shaming you for doing that. In fact, I think it sounds like they are trying to shut down out-of-the-box thinking.

But I would like you to clarify what you mean by reflecting negatively and also what you mean by this being like last game.

I don’t like me acting stupid and trying to make reads D1 (like last game) to backlash negatively onto people’s view of you in general just because you were my manator, had so much faith in me noob game and were hyping me up
That would be pippy, who was bragging about her endlessly in last games' wolfchat (edit: or was it the game before? or was it just her role PM?

🙁
 

@Animal Midwife probably has some more comments on what is/is not a Godfather but basically I think of it as Alpha Wolf by a different name.

The theme/flavor of a 1920s game involving prohibition fits more with a mob boss than with a wolf, which is why I brought it up.

And on that note, since we have some newer players... basically I am also saying that any village investigative roles may want to think twice about the validity of their results. I also think we should be prepared to have to lynch wolves in the correct order.

I am probably going to get feedback on how I have my own weird definitions for roles, but...
In traditional mafia games, some of the most common "bad guy" roles are:
  • Godfather = seen as Town (Village) when investigated; may also be unlynchable until all other bad guys are lynched
  • Strongarm = bad guy who can kill through protection and/or is unblockable
  • Mafia Goons = basically the same as a vanilla wolf (no abilities other than killing)
And on the village side of things, it is common to have an alignment Cop (checks people for good guy or bad guy) and a Doctor (protector).
Godfathers can also be unkillable. Outside this though, I tend to take writeups with a grain of salt because they're usually just flavor (save for games ran by a few select mods). So I'm not too concerned about Godfathers/Alpha Wolves existing at this point.
 
paging @dolphin106258
Believe what you want, but you got the exact truth of what happened.

If you think as a wolf I'd do something so attention gathering and not even save the wolf up for lynch doing it? That's just a sad assessment of my wolf game. I guarantee you the wolves knew where the tally was better than my drunk and scrambling brain and if I was a wolf and going to be on at the last minute instead of just quietly lurking, I'd have gone to barks.

If Barks flips wolf too, now I will agree that would make me look sketchy af
okay fine agree to disagree on our interpretation of your actions last night.

Moving on. Who are you looking at today?
 
genny AND I were voting for you, and then we voted for snowy.
I don't know why you think I ever voted for Snowy yesterday. Is it because I liked your post?
I also noticed the quick flip flop on genny's part where she said she wanted to lynch Mel for lynching a noob... and then immediately got after SAR for defending a noob...
It's all about the context. Defending a noob who hasn't said anything warrants an eyebrow raise imo, just because noobs can also be wolves, and it's easy for another wolf to shrug off a soft defense like that as just wanting to keep noobs playing.
But at the same time, I also agree with SAR that it's not good practice to seriously have noobs up for lynch day 1 if you want to keep them playing, so Mel's vote + his natural aura of sketchiness also warranted a comment.
The only noob vote I was OK with was mine, which was made early in a joking manner that made it clear (I hope) that I wasn't going to stay on that vote. The fact that Alissa took it seriously was weird. And that she picked me over Mel as her lynch vote when we were both on jenjen.
 
I don't know why you think I ever voted for Snowy yesterday. Is it because I liked your post?
ahhhh gotchya I misread I remembered you liked my post lynching snowy and then unlynched noobnoob right after said post and lynched someone else, I thought that someone else was snowy.

Retracted.

if its not apparent, I'm playing on the fly while studying for an exam tomorrow.
 
Lynch SAR

@SARdoghandler Instead of just defending your actions yesterday, I want to know what you're doing to wolf hunt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like the votes on wondering but I am going to

lynch mpm

due to some tone things plus the weird exchange about how she would be more inclined to lynch engr but didn't actually want to lynch her but later she did even though nothing had changed

Also this post from dolphin stood out to me as weird:
I feel better about mpm today. Barks, Lupin, AM also seem fine. I would like to add snowy and miz here too, but not sure about that.
Wondering, mel, kata, pippy, jenjen, engr, dolphin do not seem fine yet.
Geez, y'all. I was spending yesterday with my family and then had to drive back up to school today in spring break traffic. I know I joke that WW is my life, but some things are more important.

Onto the game...

genny came out swinging D1, felt like she was riding the high of last game, which is a good sign. Don't know if I agree with the "don't lynch the noob" hypocrisy as someone who was still sitting on the first jenjen vote, but overall she feels fine.
AM feels like AM, so she can go into the village pile too.
Pippy... I want to say village, but I can't help but wonder if her "I don't want AM to share her thoughts until tomorrow" post in response to jenjen was an attempt to pull the protector (if there is one this game) onto AM to ensure that the real kill would go through. Gave me a twinge of fishing like she did in the game where we wolfed together.
I'm actually not sketched out by Barks for once, and I think it's likely she was the village counterwagon to alissa. Really makes me wonder about the early votes on her from kata and Engr, who dropped their votes and skedaddled- could be joke votes turned into an actual counterwagon when it became clear alissa was in danger. I would put Engr as more likely to be a wolf than kata because Engr could have jumped onto kata's vote knowing that kata wouldn't return before close.
I would be interested to see if there were actually two village counterwagons, Barks and Snowy- I think if Snowy flips village, I would want to flip Mel and then, if wolf, dolphin. I could see a scenario where the Barks counterwagon wasn't getting enough steam, so other wolves came in to start a new one. I could see a Engr/Mel/maybe dolph pack based on that.
After rereading some, I find dolphin popping by with a lynch and then disappearing to be sus
To Everyone that mentioned finding dolphin sketchy or otherwise unnerved by her play so far:
I know none of you are voting there right now, but have your thoughts/feels on dolphin evolved in the past couple hours?
 
To Everyone that mentioned finding dolphin sketchy or otherwise unnerved by her play so far:
I know none of you are voting there right now, but have your thoughts/feels on dolphin evolved in the past couple hours?
Has dolphin even posted today? I don't know how my feelings would have changed since she hasn't brought any new info to the table since my post.
 
To Everyone that mentioned finding dolphin sketchy or otherwise unnerved by her play so far:
I know none of you are voting there right now, but have your thoughts/feels on dolphin evolved in the past couple hours?
My feelings about her haven't changed beyond "where is she?" I find her voting, then disappearing sketch. I switched my vote from her to mypetmoose however, because I was the only one voting for dolphin and I find both her and mypetmoose sus, so if I wanted to have a chance at lynching one of them I had to switch to mypetmoose.
 
Lynch SAR

@SARdoghandler Instead of just defending your actions yesterday, I want to know what you're doing to wolf hunt.

About 0 right now.

Weekends are **** for me participation-wise for a myriad of reasons and I was hoping the game was going to start earlier.

I am going to try and ISO a few people now that didn't make my village-lean list and make an educated vote instead of scrambling. Odds are I will likely also not be around at close. So that when ya'll decide to lynch me tonight you don't have to wonder if I'm lurking.
 
Well the frustrating thing is that on ISO I can get behind both a mpm or a dolph lynch. Which means at this point I really don't have anything new to add.

MPM's tone has felt different this game - almost boderline smug? If I had to put a word to it.

Dolph is mostly based off of VCA at this point tbh. She knows that her wolf meta is typically seen as lurking so the lack of participation isn't something I'd necessarily expect on a wolf outing from her. But like I said, I'm not a huge fan of where she sat at the end.

Feeling better about Snowy, and find it unlikely that both she and mpm would be wolves together. Knowing that Alissa was wolf, I can tinfoil that the Dolph vote onto Snowy was to potentially save Alissa without a wolf having to be obvious and jump onto Barks.

Will keep ISOing as I have time but I'm in the middle of meal prepping and have a 2.5 hour drive tonight to head to my next rotation so no promises

lynch mpm
 
I think she gets sketchier by the minute.

What are your feelings on dolphin?
Null right now.

I'm more irritated by the people who mentioned that she was sketchy for "dropping a vote and disappearing" which yeah, if she disappeared for a while and then came back would lend credence to the theory that she's a wolf, but she's been gone almost a day now? (More?). So people continuing to hold on to that theory....doesn't sit well with me.
 
Null right now.

I'm more irritated by the people who mentioned that she was sketchy for "dropping a vote and disappearing" which yeah, if she disappeared for a while and then came back would lend credence to the theory that she's a wolf, but she's been gone almost a day now? (More?). So people continuing to hold on to that theory....doesn't sit well with me.
Her presence or absence doesn’t really mean anything to me, especially when a good amount of people have been absent today and that’s not what I thought was weird anyway.
 
Sorry guys I suck this weekend. I’ll be better over the week when I’m not trying to catch up on errands

******lynch solphin******

Was originally not opposed to the MPM lynch but I don’t particularly like how it built up pretty quickly. Need more dolphin posts and also don’t like that she was on a counter lynch to Alissa.
 
Also this post from dolphin stood out to me as weird:

Ah I do see where she's coming from with everyone continuously calling her sketchy yesterday. Need to hear more from her before I decide where I stand on her.

I feel better about mpm today. Barks, Lupin, AM also seem fine. I would like to add snowy and miz here too, but not sure about that.
Wondering, mel, kata, pippy, jenjen, engr, dolphin do not seem fine yet.

Why are you fine with Lupin?

I am feeling that Engr is probably village based on yesterday's interactions. Her objections to certain comments came across as village skepticism when I read them in context of other comments.

I am in strong agreement with some of your other reads (e.g. I also noticed the quick flip flop on genny's part where she said she wanted to lynch Mel for lynching a noob... and then immediately got after SAR for defending a noob...) but I agree that if Snowy gets lynched and flips village then I want Mel lynched next.

Then do you think kata is a wolf? Or that alissa was the only wolf trying to save herself?
 
To follow up on this, if I had realized that Alissa and Barks were tied, I likely would have voted for Alissa. I realize that that means nothing as this is all after the fact but Barks' posts near the end that I read really fast sounded like village Barks to me and I was trying to not get her lynched D1. I had feels for Snowy and saw some movement there so thought that was likely my best move at the time. Which it wasn't. But it was also late anyway.

This makes no sense. But I also feel like if there was a tie, SAR would have voted to break it towards barks if she was a wolf and not just make a three way tie with one being a wolf.

I don’t like me acting stupid and trying to make reads D1 (like last game) to backlash negatively onto people’s view of you in general just because you were my manator, had so much faith in me noob game and were hyping me up


🙁

Would be nice to have some reads from you

You are sounding more like village pip today than yesterday. I just really can't let go of that missing vote though.

Wolf pip cares more about her wolf team then to probably let it get to this. And she didn't have a solid position on either barks or alissa which would have made it easy to find a reason to vote barks

Dolph is mostly based off of VCA at this point tbh. She knows that her wolf meta is typically seen as lurking so the lack of participation isn't something I'd necessarily expect on a wolf outing from her. But like I said, I'm not a huge fan of where she sat at the end.

VCA for dolphin is one vote out of like one post.. which is barely VCA.
 
Her presence or absence doesn’t really mean anything to me, especially when a good amount of people have been absent today and that’s not what I thought was weird anyway.
who said I was talking about you specifically Ms. Jumpy 😉
more aimed towards NoobNoob, genny (and by extension maybe pippy because pippy mentioned that she agreed with genny's reads, but didn't say if she agreed with specifically finding dolphin sketchy or not.), and I guess now SAR too.

speaking of pippy

[In response to Lupin]

Your posts are overlapping a lot with the cursory feels I've had about various things and I don't know how to feel about that, because frankly I'm a bad villager and you are quite a good one.
[In response to genny]
Would it help if I told you I have almost identical reads, and that you are on my villager list at this time?
[In response to BC]
I am in strong agreement with some of your other reads
Also -- I strongly dislike the unbridled defensiveness in this comment.

@dolphin106258 where you at
You're doing a lot of head nodding and "I agree with you" type things and its making my skin crawl. Since when have you been so .....amenable?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not convinced about SAR being wolfy. Her comment to AM about angry reacts sounded very village and I don't think a wolf would complain about their feelings being hurt from them. Also, as I stated before I think if she was around enough to pippy her lynch vote as a wolf she would have broken the tie away from alissa and not make a three-way tie.
 
Sorry guys. I was in the city for most of the day and expected to be back way before lynch close. Looked at my phone when I was on the train home at 10:02 pm *facepalm*. But I guess that mini-heart attack from realizing I missed lynch close was worth it since we got a wolf.



I reject this ^ statement 👎

-------------------------------

Feel like this is just a repeat of last game. Sorry @PippyPony for reflecting negatively on you. 🙁
I don’t like me acting stupid and trying to make reads D1 (like last game) to backlash negatively onto people’s view of you in general just because you were my manator, had so much faith in me noob game and were hyping me up


🙁

Anyone else notice that after the thought that mpm and I were wolves because we posted at the same time for the same person, that wondering has had no other analysis and has just been trying to play on peoples emotions to feel bad for her?
 
Anyone else notice that after the thought that mpm and I were wolves because we posted at the same time for the same person, that wondering has had no other analysis and has just been trying to play on peoples emotions to feel bad for her?
I definitely noticed and have wondering in my sus pile.
 
Anyone else notice that after the thought that mpm and I were wolves because we posted at the same time for the same person, that wondering has had no other analysis and has just been trying to play on peoples emotions to feel bad for her?
Currently trying to put together reads now but I'm terrible at reading people early and I'm at work so I'm just over here stressing