The Watering Hole (social)

Started by Foxhunter
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think about my second year spay dog pretty regularly and wish I'd taken her home. Just really wasn't in the cards at that time. She was a hound mix, super nervous and from one of our rural, fairly high kill shelters so I really hope she found a nice home. Name was Bean.

Ours are from a high kill shelter, too 🙁 usually pit-mixes. If I still have my cats (they're 19, so that seems unlikely), I probably won't be able to. Wouldn't be fair to them and I don't want to have a young or nervous dog harassing them all the time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I ever get a dog it'll be a boxer. I love how their whole body wiggles when they're excited. But that won't happen unless I own a big farm where they can run around to their heart's content
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I generally just love big dogs. Labs/Goldens/Malamutes in particular. Would love to have a mix of those breeds again someday, since the last one we had was probably the best dog I'll ever have in my life.

I've seen some really lovely hunting/hound breed crosses lately too.

Ooohhh you reminded me of GSPs I want one of those too
 
I would have been so upset if I had missed those pics
Missed all the pics including the one Bear edited 15 minutes ago. Thanks for rubbing it in!

...implanted??
No, if she is a fetus, she has already implanted, and is currently stealing all of her mom's energy and calories... not that I am grumpy about how freaking tired I am or anything. (But that has more to do with the 2-5 am exercise routines, currently)
 
Missed all the pics including the one Bear edited 15 minutes ago. Thanks for rubbing it in!


No, if she is a fetus, she has already implanted, and is currently stealing all of her mom's energy and calories... not that I am grumpy about how freaking tired I am or anything. (But that has more to do with the 2-5 am exercise routines, currently)
I continue to state that she is a zygote though. 😛
 
Missed all the pics including the one Bear edited 15 minutes ago. Thanks for rubbing it in!
Ooo and I didn't even save those so...they're gone forever
No, if she is a fetus, she has already implanted, and is currently stealing all of her mom's energy and calories... not that I am grumpy about how freaking tired I am or anything. (But that has more to do with the 2-5 am exercise routines, currently)
Today I learned in parasitology that a parasite can't be the same species as the host so we'll have to come up with a new word
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mr. Bubbles? Aliens are attacking my house.

Oh good! My dog found the chainsaw!

I watched it after Christmas and I don't know what's happened to me, but I cried at least twice.
I watched that movie just after Christmas too!!!
I know there's already claims and fights. I'm staying away from that
Good.
I claim all cute and fluffy things. Just ask Finn. I want to steal all her dogs.
I, too, am going to steal her dogs. Come to Michigan and we can steal them together. One of us will steal while the other is the getaway driver.
and ever
I assume it was an Aussie, but i missed itttttttt 🙁🙁🙁🙁
@LadyOtheFarm

<3
I even missed the repeat🙁🙁🙁🙁
 
@SkiOtter

We all go to the beach and when she isn't looking we run off with the dogs
tumblr_inline_n3a4fryY0W1rtvvs5.gif