The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To remind myself: look at AM, rabbott, and the thing I can't remember that happened when Belle was in the village.
Don't look at me until I have my coffee.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have other induced insomnia. I am sorry you are going through it.

Having been sick enough to sleep more than 23 hours a day on every day off I had and literally be only awake for work hours for months... I miss sleep. I get why sleeping all the time sucks, because you miss life and feel so disconnected, but when you don't get more than 2 hours of sleep in a row for months on end, you just want to ****ing kill everything.

So, I feel bad for you too, but definitely not in the same way.

Oh believe me the insomnia side of things is definitely the suckier of the two. Side effects of medication eventually wear off and/or stabilise, but insomnia that just goes on and on is horrible.

Members don't see this ad :)
~Get your night actions in people~

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still leaning heavily towards STL being suspicious in terms of non villager activity. Whether that is wolf or chaos I don't know, although I'm leaning more towards a chaos role. If you look at the message that was picked up on, that to me is far too well structured to simply have been a coincidence of letters. "I am a wolf" doesn't sound like something a wolf would come out with, because 'hello, obvious', although it could be part of his restriction as a wolf - but it is something that perhaps someone playing as chaos would do, redirection, hidden messages, etc.

Also leaning towards snowshoe for defense of a really obvious wolf, even when that wolf's obviousness was, well, really obvious.
Still getting vibes from blitzen as well, and I find it interesting that as soon as a couple of people went, "well, yeah, kinda, maybe?" in response, there were others who came in to defend blitzen's game style, which to me seems like members of the wolf pack trying to steer something in their direction, or at least away from it. I'd have to go back and have a look as to who these were.

Okay my current wolf and/or non villager (chaos) leans are:

STL
LIS
Kam
Snow
Britzen

****contingency Lynch Kam325****

Few posts, waffled on Genny when clear wolfiness, seemed to support Genny as not being a wolf for vague reasons like use or non use of ability (trying to defend and deflect a lynch without making herself a target - wishy washy post style), then finally put in a vote for a Genny lynch sitting almost in the middle of the vote pack. Definitely is reading wolf to me at the moment.

I'm still suspicious of STL with that hidden message, and claim of a major power (rezzer), as well as not hearing from the resurrected PBC (who may very well have been resurrected as a wolf). I just feel like STL is at least chaos, but I'd rather put a lynch vote in where I'm getting the most wolf vibes at the moment.

My Feelz for today
Ceke
For what seems to be an attempt to manufacture sketch where there is none, and votes that seem crazy-pants. (Trying to be objective and not just pissy that they basically called me stupid yesterday.)

Seriously, what are we, back in high school or something? There's a big difference between pointing out a change in the cadence of your posts compared to the previous game, and personally insulting your intelligence. This to me just makes you seem more wolfish, because of the whole guilt trip, attack another player for saying you're stupid and then throwing a lynch my way so everyone can see that I was clearly the stupid one.

LoTF's Rocky Horror Game. Went after you quite early on and was correct. I pointed to the post now, I hadn't because I hadn't had a chance to go through the thread yet.
Oh God. Can we not speak of that game? I had fully removed it from my memory.

zgqmHJw.jpg

You know, it's a lot of work opening a bar. Paperwork and licenses, advertising, hiring the staff... keeping the shelves stocked is supposed to be one of the easy parts! Yet every time @Trilt and @Melchizedek step away, disaster seems to strike.

The good news: unlike the liquor store pictured above, we did not have an errant bird disrupting our stock. Can you say... wait for it... party fowl?

The bad news is that a sweet, beloved drink found herself just a little too close to the edge, and ended up smashed on the floor like all the rest.

Dead is @Jilary, Strongbow Cider, who could vigilante kill one person during the game.​
Another surprising tryst was noted between @LetItSnow and @Crayola227; please adjust all PMing appropriately for the new groups.

It is now Day 3. Lynch will close at 10PM EST tonight.

_ _ __ ___ ____ ______ __________ ______ ____ ___ __ _ _

Roster

I’ll come out for ONE drink
Finished the drink I guess.

Shots? SHOTS!

2. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @rabbott1971
5. @PrincessButterCup - Maker's Mark Whiskey

Awkward First Date
6. @Kam325
7. @DVMDream

What Happened Last Night?
9. @Ceke2002
11. @finnickthedog
8. @SkiOtter

I Knew I Should Have Stayed Home
14. @WildZoo
15. @Cyndia
12. @SummerTheLynx

Winos
17. @allieh8607
18. @raf2769

Whiskey Aficionados
21. @LadyOtheFarm
22. @britzen

Trying to Recreate the College Days
23. @PippyPony
24. @mmmdreamerz

There's a Good Age Joke Here, I Just Know It
1. @LetItSnow
10. @Crayola227

19. @Animal Midwife - Southern Tier Pumking Beer
20. @tartesos - Malibu "Rum"
13. @genny - Jack Daniels Whiskey
16. @Jilary - Strongbow Cider

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch Kam

For reasons discussed above. Could also go for a lynch on Snow, STL, Britzen, or LIS

zgqmHJw.jpg

You know, it's a lot of work opening a bar. Paperwork and licenses, advertising, hiring the staff... keeping the shelves stocked is supposed to be one of the easy parts! Yet every time @Trilt and @Melchizedek step away, disaster seems to strike.

The good news: unlike the liquor store pictured above, we did not have an errant bird disrupting our stock. Can you say... wait for it... party fowl?

The bad news is that a sweet, beloved drink found herself just a little too close to the edge, and ended up smashed on the floor like all the rest.

Dead is @Jilary, Strongbow Cider, who could vigilante kill one person during the game.​
Another surprising tryst was noted between @LetItSnow and @Crayola227; please adjust all PMing appropriately for the new groups.

It is now Day 3. Lynch will close at 10PM EST tonight.

_ _ __ ___ ____ ______ __________ ______ ____ ___ __ _ _

Roster

I’ll come out for ONE drink
Finished the drink I guess.

Shots? SHOTS!

2. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @rabbott1971
5. @PrincessButterCup - Maker's Mark Whiskey

Awkward First Date
6. @Kam325
7. @DVMDream

What Happened Last Night?
9. @Ceke2002
10. @Crayola227
11. @finnickthedog
8. @SkiOtter

I Knew I Should Have Stayed Home
14. @WildZoo
15. @Cyndia
12. @SummerTheLynx

Winos
17. @allieh8607
18. @raf2769

Whiskey Aficionados
21. @LadyOtheFarm
22. @britzen

Trying to Recreate the College Days
23. @PippyPony
24. @mmmdreamerz

There's a good age joke here, I just know it
1. @LetItSnow
10. @Crayola227

19. @Animal Midwife - Southern Tier Pumking Beer
20. @tartesos - Malibu "Rum"
13. @genny - Jack Daniels Whiskey
16. @Jilary - Strongbow Cider
Ps you have crayons in two groups

15. Was Ski/STL in the closet meaning that they got a PM together or something?
We both moved groups and I assume that meant we were able to pm but neither of us started one. We're now back in our original groups and LIS and crayons are now in the same group (I assume just for the day as well)

I'm still leaning heavily towards STL being suspicious in terms of non villager activity. Whether that is wolf or chaos I don't know, although I'm leaning more towards a chaos role. If you look at the message that was picked up on, that to me is far too well structured to simply have been a coincidence of letters. "I am a wolf" doesn't sound like something a wolf would come out with, because 'hello, obvious', although it could be part of his restriction as a wolf - but it is something that perhaps someone playing as chaos would do, redirection, hidden messages, etc.
What

Reactions: 3 users
Crayola is also pinging my wolf button as well, I'm not sure if it's just her usual post style or if she's trying to hide wolfiness in verbosity. Her move into now two apparently separate groups is also not a mark in her favour.

I found a hidden message in STL's post. Didn't think anyone would pick up on that, did you!?

I was referring to this, and this was the message rabbot spotted:

Cray - I am not drawing the comparison as an aside, I just still have a nervous twitch from WS. And onto page 6? 7? Where did I leave off lol...

Like I said either possible restriction one a wolf player (doubtful but possible) or STL is playing as Chaos. I can't see this being a villager thing, and then sentence seems too well put together to just be a random conglomeration of letters. And now with people apparently being moved into a group where only STL is that also makes me suspect that he's not 100% village.

I was referring to this, and this was the message rabbot spotted:

Cray - I am not drawing the comparison as an aside, I just still have a nervous twitch from WS. And onto page 6? 7? Where did I leave off lol...

Like I said either possible restriction one a wolf player (doubtful but possible) or STL is playing as Chaos. I can't see this being a villager thing, and then sentence seems too well put together to just be a random conglomeration of letters. And now with people apparently being moved into a group where only STL is that also makes me suspect that he's not 100% village.
Only one person was moved to a group with just STL. He's now back where he started and so am I and now it's LIS and crayons in a group together. I assume it's the mods but could be someone's ability. Since STL didn't pm me I would have to think it wasn't him moving me to talk. And I think that message is a bunch of BS TBH.

Only one person was moved to a group with just STL. He's now back where he started and so am I and now it's LIS and crayons in a group together. I assume it's the mods but could be someone's ability. Since STL didn't pm me I would have to think it wasn't him moving me to talk. And I think that message is a bunch of BS TBH.

Maybe, but even STL has said if people aren't suspicious they aren't playing right. I'm not quite ready to gather a torch bearing mob, I'm just saying this is perhaps something that requires further investigation.

@SkiOtter Question: when you were moved, beforehand were you told anything about a cold breeze you could feel?

If you're in the States you have access to some really top rated stuff that I can't get in Australia. If you want to support local distilleries, look up 'Vilya Spirits' and 'Delaware Phoenix Distillery'. Also I highly recommend any of the Jade Combier Absinthes (Eduoard 72 and PF 1901 are firm favourites); if you can't source them locally then absinthes.com is highly recommend as a point of purchase.
Granted no modern day Absinthe is going to taste like a vintage, seeing as most vintage bottles have had more than a 100 years to mature (although 'L'ancienne' did manage to come close), but bottles of original pre-ban absinthe have been chemically analysed and recreated (the Jade range), plus modern day Absinthe distillers have been creating their own recipes that are still an incredibly tasty modern twist on the more classic taste.

If you're talking about the Thujone level in pre ban Absinthe as well, modern day analysis of surviving samples have shown the Thujone level was nowhere near as high as the fauxsinthe marketeers would have you believe.

Excellent FAQ from the Wormwood Society here: :)

FAQ
If we're going by that logic, cake, you're a wolf too. LOOK. TWOOOO posts with that ~hidden message~

Maybe, but even STL has said if people aren't suspicious they aren't playing right. I'm not quite ready to gather a torch bearing mob, I'm just saying this is perhaps something that requires further investigation.
Never said don't be suspicious of STL, just don't be suspicious of STL for that bull**** reason.

Reactions: 5 users
If we're going by that logic, cake, you're a wolf too. LOOK. TWOOOO posts with that ~hidden message~

Point taken, I guess it is possible for that to be coincidence. Still keeping an eye on STL, as per WW tradition, but for now I'm still down for a Kam lynch, or the others I've mentioned.

I received no mod message before I was moved into a group with STL.

Thanks, just trying to figure out if Crayola is on the level by claiming village. We've had some PMs and I just wanted to check her claim of having a possible night action done to her.

Okay, reading back through and getting caught up when I had extra time this morning, some thoughts...

Lynch pbc

Because I'm still grumpy about last game and gennys already on the board.

Today has been unexpectedly crazy - I only have a few minutes so I just quickly skimmed everything. I wanted to vote genny after her reactions throughout d1, but I see there are several votes on her right now. Id like to do a better read through and see if I pick up on anything else, so holding off voting for her right now. If I never get a chance to read through things, and if nothing new comes out, then Im planning to vote her later.

Twice, Cyndia said she wanted to vote genny...but didn't. And she basically used the same reasoning both times.

Genny has not been super quiet.

In response to someone else saying genny had been quiet. While I agree with it, it also comes off kinda soft vouch-y.

I wasn't feeling Genny yesterday, but I don't think that's how I would react in her situation as a villager.

lynch genny

I was relatively comfortable with where my vote was yesterday and haven't yet seen anything that makes me want to change it.

Some villager points to fin, especially with genny's response

You sound like me when I was trying to get Snowy lynched last game :thinking:

Genny throwing shade finn's way. Village points.

Yeah Lynch Genny

This came off like Kam was jumping on the bandwagon because not really any reasoning?

Why was it shady? Looked like legitimate, smart gameplay, saving herself.

About genny changing her vote last minute...jumping to genny's defense here is sketch.

And along those lines... snowy's swap off of Genny is gonna look real sketch if genny flips wolf.

Edit for clarification on that last part: Snowy swapped off a weak vote for genny early on. By the time it was approaching lynch close & the tie still hadn't moved, I can totally see a wolf pack taking note that one of them had already switched off a fellow wolf vote, and so to minimize backlash later on, the others would probably have to stay uninvolved.

Agreed.

####lynch snowy###

I said I would likely waffle off, but looking at who thought that my vote was weird, seems like the same people who I feel are bandwagoning genny for reasons that are beyond me.

Plus people who I'm leaning village on, also find Snowy sketch.

I wonder if the wolf pack are trying to get us on genny, and trying to throw shade on me for going for Snowy.

Plus I like to keep my votes consistent. I'm willing to stay on Snowy since today didn't bring my attention closely elsewhere.

If snowy is a wolf, Crayola can have some village points for going after another wolf when one wolf was close to already being lynched.

Here's the issue I have with today, everyone has piled on genny early. Yes there were lots of reasons to go for genny, and I think it is a decent vote even though she is sketch balls always, but at least allow other people to accumulate a bit of votes (without a guaranteed wolf) to allow some back and forth discussions, defending, etc.) now we are at a point where everyone feels safe, so any votes on them don't really matter

This just seems weird for STL.

The Genny lynch seemed like a "throw it out there Day 1 and see what happens" thing that never had any good grounds but just wouldn't die. Suspicions on Snow sound more rational, my vote leans that way.
Pffft.

Another soft vouch for genny from rabbott.

Tl;dr Cyndia, rabbott, and snowy are top of my list right now.

Yeah I thought the hidden message thing was a joke and then some people were taking it seriously...

Tl;dr Cyndia, rabbott, and snowy are top of my list right now.

Snow is definitely up there for me as well, that defence of Genny with the whole, "that wasn't a wolf move, it was good game play" (paraphrased) thing is just pinging my wolf feels in a major way.

So far I'm kind of going back and forth on Kam and Snow, although I'm keeping an eye on Crayola as well (just not sure entirely where her loyalties or affiliation lies)

Why was it shady? Looked like legitimate, smart gameplay, saving herself.

Sorry, it wasn't snow that made the comment about legitimate smart game play, it was Rabbott. Okay, now I'm leaning towards either Kam or Rabbot as being wolves.

lynch snowy
With genny flipping wolf, snowy is now another egg that needs to be cracked.
The only thing that has me hesitating on this is that genny is a good wolf, and the interactions/vouching between genny and snowy seem almost too obvious. I suppose if they thought they could save genny that way, it was worth it. But it almost seems too easy that snowy is also a wolf. BUT, I'd still rather lynch her today and just know.

@Ceke2002 do you know what post number this "cryptic message" about STL was? I want to see what you're talking about and in what context it was said. If it's just the bolding of letters in what you quoted above, it looks like a joke that someone made..?

@Ceke2002 do you know what post number this "cryptic message" about STL was? I want to see what you're talking about and in what context it was said. If it's just the bolding of letters in what you quoted above, it looks like a joke that someone made..?

See above, it was Rabbot who made the post pointing out the letters and message. So yes it was the bolding in what I quoted above, and as Ski has pointed out it was likely a joke that I took seriously, because to me it had seemed too planned. My bad, moving off an STL lynch now, but still keeping an eye out. :)

See above, it was Rabbot who made the post pointing out the letters and message. So yes it was the bolding in what I quoted above, and as Ski has pointed out it was likely a joke that I took seriously, because to me it had seemed too planned. My bad, moving off an STL lynch now, but still keeping an eye out. :)
got it. Yeah, I haven't been suspicious of STL, and the fact that he was the rezzer (with no one else coming out saying he's lying) and he used the rez on a known villager on N1, seems pretty village to me.

can someone summarize the suspicions with kam?

It's messing with my brain that my top two suspicions are also voicing a lot of suspicion of each other.

But I think I'm sticking with snowy for now. I can't see the village motivation behind outting genny's ability if she thought Genny was village. Also weird that Genny so heavily defended her choice to switch votes D1 last minute, but flipped over to snowy so early yesterday. Just a lot of weirdness in their interactions.

Lynch snowy

can someone summarize the suspicions with kam?

Copy/pasting my post above:

Few posts, waffled on Genny when clear wolfiness, seemed to support Genny as not being a wolf for vague reasons like use or non use of ability (trying to defend and deflect a lynch without making herself a target - wishy washy post style), then finally put in a vote for a Genny lynch sitting almost in the middle of the vote pack. Definitely is reading wolf to me at the moment.

Copy/pasting my post above:

Could you point to posts where you're getting this? Because I don't see any posts from Kam supporting Genny. She didn't say anything about her D1, and d2 she basically outlined reasons why she then found her sketchy.
I wasn't feeling Genny yesterday, but I don't think that's how I would react in her situation as a villager.

I'd definitely switch to PBC to save myself, but earlier in that last 30, not timed a minute before close. As a wolf I've definitely pulled the vote flip at 9:59--you want to hold onto the swap as long as possible to assess whether you need to use it, reduce risk someone sees it as sketchy and reacts with a counter swap, etc. Am just generally more cautious/calculated as a wolf up for lynch than as a villager and this could fall in that wagon.

Will wait for Snowy to weigh in.

Also don't think I'd announce who I used my ability on before night close if I was hoping to use it to prove my innocence.

lol okay well my comment I just posted about not having original thoughts on your genny vote is out with this. Um my thing said something about feeling slightly safe as well as other stuff so I was thinking more of a jailer which is more of a village ability.

Snow and Genny were never in the same PM group, so how did Snowy know that Genny's ability was as a jailer?

Unlynch Kam

Lynch Snowshoe

Could you point to posts where you're getting this? Because I don't see any posts from Kam supporting Genny. She didn't say anything about her D1, and d2 she basically outlined reasons why she then found her sketchy.

I'll do that next day cycle, if I still have feels for Kam. Right now I'm happy with my Snow vote. It's just a bit too coincidental that neither Genny or Snow were ever in the same PM group, but Snow just happens to mention 'Oh her ability could be as a jailer, and that's usually village', and it turns out Genny is a jailer and a wolf. Yep, that's a lynchin'.

Reading Kam's posts in iso, there is definitely a lot more vouching for genny coming from snowy, rather than kam. So far I'm still good with lynching snow

Yeah but...the summary you just gave raf is kinda wrong.

Sorry was that aimed at me? I'm more than happy to go look back through Kam's posts and see if there has been a misunderstanding. I'm leaning away from Kam at the moment until I double check a few things, seeing as I have people saying "Yeah, but nah".

I'll do that next day cycle, if I still have feels for Kam. Right now I'm happy with my Snow vote. It's just a bit too coincidental that neither Genny or Snow were ever in the same PM group, but Snow just happens to mention 'Oh her ability could be as a jailer, and that's usually village', and it turns out Genny is a jailer and a wolf. Yep, that's a lynchin'.
I'd rather you do it sooner than later, because it gives me tingly feels when someone misrepresents things on the thread to a player who asks for a summary.

Reactions: 2 users
I'd rather you do it sooner than later, because it gives me tingly feels when someone misrepresents things on the thread to a player who asks for a summary.
especially when the person we're discussing only has 6 posts to begin with...
honestly I didn't realize she had so few when I asked or else I would have just gone and read through myself lol

Sorry was that aimed at me? I'm more than happy to go look back through Kam's posts and see if there has been a misunderstanding. I'm leaning away from Kam at the moment until I double check a few things, seeing as I have people saying "Yeah, but nah".
I mean, you referred to posts. In general, I would be ready to provide said posts if you are using them for lynch justification.

Not trying to defend Kam at all here because I agree she's too good of a player to move village based on like one day of playing time, but like, don't say stuff if you can't back it up with evidence.