You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.
Started by Melchizedek
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
but isn't that the danger? if you decided wolfy-feeling AM is just villager AM, how do we catch her when she actually turns out wolf?
or do we just have to play by the odds that that isn't statistically the likely case, and just take in the mouth when she actually is wolf? not that I propose we just auto-lynch her every time because we just can't tell, on the smaller chance she's wolfy, but can anyone come up with an AM-wolf detection sign of any sort?
or do we just have to play by the odds that that isn't statistically the likely case, and just take in the mouth when she actually is wolf? not that I propose we just auto-lynch her every time because we just can't tell, on the smaller chance she's wolfy, but can anyone come up with an AM-wolf detection sign of any sort?
but isn't that the danger? if you decided wolfy-feeling AM is just villager AM, how do we catch her when she actually turns out wolf?
or do we just have to play by the odds that that isn't statistically the likely case, and just take in the mouth when she actually is wolf? not that I propose we just auto-lynch her every time because we just can't tell, on the smaller chance she's wolfy, but can anyone come up with an AM-wolf detection sign of any sort?
Sure, everyone is a wolf until proven otherwise...but the "AM is a wolf because she ALWAYS comes off wolfy" isn't a great argument.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I mean, as I pointed out, I'm pretty good at reading AM village OR wolf (or rather, village vs non-villagers, and watch me have to eat these words this game). I don't expect everyone would be though. I've made votes based on people being hard to read before so I don't necessarily fault PBC for that, but I will keep an eye there because it looks like she's trying to portray her vote as having more strong reasoning than it actually does.
(ditto. I've watched a couple episodes, and I'm always struck by how I just feel zero attachment to it because the characters I've encountered just don't seem like good people at all).Always Sunny, while I "get" the humor, is too mean-spirited in a way so it's one that I've never liked.
*gets vegetables and popcorn thrown at her*
lynch 3M
No reason to be suspicious of anyone thus far, though I haven't really done anything except skimmed. Will read tomorrow once life settles down.
No reason to be suspicious of anyone thus far, though I haven't really done anything except skimmed. Will read tomorrow once life settles down.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Besides, voting for someone who you always incorrectly read as wolf is silly. Very different from voting for someone who always is a wolf (*cough*cyndia*cough*) 😉
*******************************
D1 We Should Buy A Bar UNOfficial Lynch Tally
Britzkrieg Bop (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS (1) - Cake
Genny (3) - Snowy, AM, WZ
Cake (0) -
Tart (1) - BSpearz
Snowy (1) -Cray
PBC (2) - Cyndia, LIS
AM (1) - PBC
3M (1) - FernTat
Voting 14/24
Lynch ends in: a lot of time on 10/27/2017 @ 2200 EST
***************************************
D1 We Should Buy A Bar UNOfficial Lynch Tally
Britzkrieg Bop (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS (1) - Cake
Genny (3) - Snowy, AM, WZ
Cake (0) -
Tart (1) - BSpearz
Snowy (1) -Cray
PBC (2) - Cyndia, LIS
AM (1) - PBC
3M (1) - FernTat
Voting 14/24
Lynch ends in: a lot of time on 10/27/2017 @ 2200 EST
***************************************
You gotta pay the troll toll, LIS
Wait, wait, I don't get it. Is that a joke from the show, or .... ?
but isn't that the danger? if you decided wolfy-feeling AM is just villager AM, how do we catch her when she actually turns out wolf?
or do we just have to play by the odds that that isn't statistically the likely case, and just take in the mouth when she actually is wolf? not that I propose we just auto-lynch her every time because we just can't tell, on the smaller chance she's wolfy, but can anyone come up with an AM-wolf detection sign of any sort?
This kind of spin-cycle thinking makes me want to lynch Crayola.
I mean, as I pointed out, I'm pretty good at reading AM village OR wolf (or rather, village vs non-villagers, and watch me have to eat these words this game). I don't expect everyone would be though. I've made votes based on people being hard to read before so I don't necessarily fault PBC for that, but I will keep an eye there because it looks like she's trying to portray her vote as having more strong reasoning than it actually does.
I notice you give the best reads when you're a wolf. 😉
I <definitely> don't mind "hard to read" votes - I mean, hell, that's essentially the gist of why I vote for certain people mid-game routinely (like Nyanko).
But I find it weird to do that on D1.
(ditto. I've watched a couple episodes, and I'm always struck by how I just feel zero attachment to it because the characters I've encountered just don't seem like good people at all).
That's true! What I like about it is the total awkwardness of the situations. It's like Schitt's Creek level of awkwardness.
Besides, voting for someone who you always incorrectly read as wolf is silly. Very different from voting for someone who always is a wolf (*cough*cyndia*cough*) 😉
Cyndia's got some super-spiritual-otherworld connectiveness to the giant RNG in the sky, because that shiz is true.
This kind of spin-cycle thinking makes me want to lynch Crayola.
I'm gonna expand on that, because I was half serious, and it probably looks like I was just joking.
When people post some back and forth "this makes me think that, but then on the other hand they make me think this, and wow, who knows, maybe this could be true, but on the other hand, that other thing could be" .... it just sounds to me like a wolf wanting to appear active and contributing but without really going down any particular path they could be held to.
Wait, wait, I don't get it. Is that a joke from the show, or .... ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lynch PBC because with this much time to spare there's no harm in a fun little tie
Oh my goodness, people are talking! I am so much more excited about this game now! (Aka, keep doing more of this!)
I have been connected to Cyndia twice now as village, so I feel like I am going to not notice when she comes up wolf again, and it does happen with an uncanny frequency. Thanks for reminding me not to just think of her as my old mason pal. Now I get to be all paranoid.
I have been connected to Cyndia twice now as village, so I feel like I am going to not notice when she comes up wolf again, and it does happen with an uncanny frequency. Thanks for reminding me not to just think of her as my old mason pal. Now I get to be all paranoid.
Oh my goodness, people are talking! I am so much more excited about this game now! (Aka, keep doing more of this!)
😏
I'm gonna expand on that, because I was half serious, and it probably looks like I was just joking.
When people post some back and forth "this makes me think that, but then on the other hand they make me think this, and wow, who knows, maybe this could be true, but on the other hand, that other thing could be" .... it just sounds to me like a wolf wanting to appear active and contributing but without really going down any particular path they could be held to.
that's just what I like to think of as my personal brand of WIFOM thinking, Crayola's Idiot Brand. But I'm actually getting decent at hunting wolves with it, even if "stymies" the village with its...luster.
Here's more of my thoughts: I've never been a wolf so far, yet, what you describe is. just. my. play. style.
Which, I've always maintained it's silly to lynch someone for their typical village play, especially this early on.
I mean, wasn't exactly that, the case made for not lynching AM? Except I'm easy to read (this has been said of me before).
So I'm going to wonder if maybe you or PBC are a wolf. Because getting the crowd riled up about me or AM, I've observed, is an easy thing to do. Just the sort of village lynches a wolf might lead.
I find all of the Am talk today to be a bit of a distraction.
Just finished my 4th exam of the week and I’m about to go spend some time with pigs. I’m kind of exhausted.
Just finished my 4th exam of the week and I’m about to go spend some time with pigs. I’m kind of exhausted.
that's just what I like to think of as my personal brand of WIFOM thinking, Crayola's Idiot Brand. But I'm actually getting decent at hunting wolves with it, even if "stymies" the village with its...luster.
Here's more of my thoughts: I've never been a wolf so far, yet, what you describe is. just. my. play. style.
Which, I've always maintained it's silly to lynch someone for their typical village play, especially this early on.
I mean, wasn't exactly that, the case made for not lynching AM? Except I'm easy to read (this has been said of me before).
So I'm going to wonder if maybe you or PBC are a wolf. Because getting the crowd riled up about me or AM, I've observed, is an easy thing to do. Just the sort of village lynches a wolf might lead.
"Just my play style" is never a strong defense. Especially if you've "never been a wolf so far". If I wanted to vote for you, I would. Wasn't my point. My point was that the kind of post you made - spinning in circles that essentially points every way at once - is a common wolf type of post.
Sigh, every game people suspect I'm a wolf for fluff posts and tons of likes, or for being absent because I'm asleep.
If I am ever a wolf, I am really going to have my work cut out for me, because I'll have to try to keep the tone of numerous expected posts typical-sounding for me, I'll have to use my crazy villager logic and try to keep it crazy yet self-consistent, and I'll have to continue liking at least 1/3 posts without it revealing any subconscious wolf lean.
When the village starts to shrink, I'll have to keep the posts coming, or, if I give in to the urge to be quiet, I'll have to carefully coordinate it with when I am radio silent on the rest of SDN, which is like never.
I'll also have to be active and forthcoming with intel in PMs, while being misdirecting without it casting too much suspicion on the wrong elements.
If I am ever wolf, I will feel really sorry for my wolf pack, if you think I can manage all of that. I can barely keep myself from getting lynched as a villager for my villageryness.
If I am ever a wolf, I am really going to have my work cut out for me, because I'll have to try to keep the tone of numerous expected posts typical-sounding for me, I'll have to use my crazy villager logic and try to keep it crazy yet self-consistent, and I'll have to continue liking at least 1/3 posts without it revealing any subconscious wolf lean.
When the village starts to shrink, I'll have to keep the posts coming, or, if I give in to the urge to be quiet, I'll have to carefully coordinate it with when I am radio silent on the rest of SDN, which is like never.
I'll also have to be active and forthcoming with intel in PMs, while being misdirecting without it casting too much suspicion on the wrong elements.
If I am ever wolf, I will feel really sorry for my wolf pack, if you think I can manage all of that. I can barely keep myself from getting lynched as a villager for my villageryness.
Sigh, every game people suspect I'm a wolf for fluff posts and tons of likes, or for being absent because I'm asleep.
If I am ever a wolf, I am really going to have my work cut out for me, because I'll have to try to keep the tone of numerous expected posts typical-sounding for me, I'll have to use my crazy villager logic and try to keep it crazy yet self-consistent, and I'll have to continue liking at least 1/3 posts without it revealing any subconscious wolf lean.
When the village starts to shrink, I'll have to keep the posts coming, or, if I give in to the urge to be quiet, I'll have to carefully coordinate it with when I am radio silent on the rest of SDN, which is like never.
I'll also have to be active and forthcoming with intel in PMs, while being misdirecting without it casting too much suspicion on the wrong elements.
If I am ever wolf, I will feel really sorry for my wolf pack, if you think I can manage all of that. I can barely keep myself from getting lynched as a villager for my villageryness.
Maybe less talk about yourself and more talk about who you think - other than just PBC and me - might be wolves. You spend way too much time talking about your style, which is probably why you appear sketchy to people. Nobody cares what you think about yourself.
"Just my play style" is never a strong defense. Especially if you've "never been a wolf so far". If I wanted to vote for you, I would. Wasn't my point. My point was that the kind of post you made - spinning in circles that essentially points every way at once - is a common wolf type of post.
Fair enough point, that's good education for village. That said, before the bandwagon started, I wanted it clear that circular logic is Team Village Crayola.
Honestly, there was a real point I was making, however badly. Does anyone know of any AM wolf tells?
I've read about WW, and I have to say my own limited experience, really does point to subtle changes in behavior/tone as being some of the best wolf identification strategies there are.
Maybe less talk about yourself and more talk about who you think - other than just PBC and me - might be wolves. You spend way too much time talking about your style, which is probably why you appear sketchy to people. Nobody cares what you think about yourself.
Which is funny - because people making claims about themselves only to contradict them with their behavior, is how I've seen wolves caught. So I personally care what people have to say for themselves.
In fact, I've seen you question people in just that way.
Which is funny - because people making claims about themselves only to contradict them with their behavior, is how I've seen wolves caught. So I personally care what people have to say for themselves.
In fact, I've seen you question people in just that way.
I've questioned people about contradictions, but listening to someone ramble on and on about their play style and how if they were a wolf they'd have to do this but as a villager they always play this way and gosh golly what would happen if ... blah blah?
No.
I've questioned people about contradictions, but listening to someone ramble on and on about their play style and how if they were a wolf they'd have to do this but as a villager they always play this way and gosh golly what would happen if ... blah blah?
No.
Different strokes, different folks. I'm signing off for the day.
I've read about WW, and I have to say my own limited experience, really does point to subtle changes in behavior/tone as being some of the best wolf identification strategies there are.
I don't know about "some of the best," (maybe, maybe not), but sure, it's definitely a useful strategy.
But my point is this: what you say your playstyle is doesn't matter. If I take you at face value about your play style, that's dumb. It's up to me to assess your play style and then see if I think you're deviating from it.
Anyway, yes, it's useful to evaluate style. But people put too much emphasis on it, especially in the pre-vet SDN context, where playstyle can be heavily influenced by real-life time-commitment issues.
That's a ****ty way to play as a villager. Great way for the wolves to win this one too, if the village doesn't want to actually think about their votes, and just go for me and PBC.Of course we do. It's much easier on your conscience to vote D1 for someone who lived to the end of the last game, for most people.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everyone's talking about me... I'm totes popular!
Amen, I just finished my fourth exam too and my brain is MELted, so entertain me peasants! Er....I mean Players!Just finished my 4th exam of the week and I’m about to go spend some time with pigs. I’m kind of exhausted.
Replace pigs with whiskey and I'm right there with ya Jilary.
Last edited:
Amen, I just finished my fourth exam too and my brain is MELted, so entertain me peasants! Er....I mean Players!
Replace pigs with whiskey and I'm right there with ya Jilly Beans.
Literally thought this was someone else at first and was confused as to why they would make a (bad) Mel joke.
I seriously want this avatar on a shirt. Like, real bad.
*Puts Finn on list of players to be mod-killed*Literally thought this was someone else at first and was confused as to why they would make a (bad) Mel joke.
That's a ****ty way to play as a villager. Great way for the wolves to win this one too, if the village doesn't want to actually think about their votes, and just go for me and PBC.
I don't disagree at all!
I'm not so sure I'd say it's a "great way for the wolves to win." That's an awfully strong way to view D1 voting, maybe even overly defensive, but.....
Oh man, so I have to ask that you don't use that nickname. It brings up some bad memories, and it's the only nickname I commonly get that I loathe. I know you couldn't have known that, so it's NBD, just wanted to end it before it catches on. 🙂Amen, I just finished my fourth exam too and my brain is MELted, so entertain me peasants! Er....I mean Players!
Replace pigs with whiskey and I'm right there with ya Jilly Beans.
Done, its been nixxed my bad.Oh man, so I have to ask that you don't use that nickname. It brings up some bad memories, and it's the only nickname I commonly get that I loathe. I know you couldn't have known that, so it's NBD, just wanted to end it before it catches on. 🙂
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yeah felt different from a hard to read vote. Hard to read is not the same as always reads wolf.I notice you give the best reads when you're a wolf. 😉
I <definitely> don't mind "hard to read" votes - I mean, hell, that's essentially the gist of why I vote for certain people mid-game routinely (like Nyanko).
But I find it weird to do that on D1.

I wasn't trying to add reads to my vote. It was 100% random, and rather than just saying "Lynch AM" I mentioned that I can never read her. Which is true. I didn't realize anyone would take it any other way.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You super sure PBC is village or something?That's a ****ty way to play as a villager. Great way for the wolves to win this one too, if the village doesn't want to actually think about their votes, and just go for me and PBC.
I read the last game. That was too quiet and it made me just a little nervous for this one.
Agreed, this is a weird statement from genny.You super sure PBC is village or something?
Obviously voting for players who lasted the longest last game is not any kind of strategy to be used during the game. But d1 votes are just fine. Imo, genny is definitely overreacting about it.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It's because they killed me D1I read the last game. That was too quiet and it made me just a little nervous for this one.
(I say having posted like 3 times so far)
Kind of actually comfortable with my vote where it is. If D1 votes are all about gauging reactions, I find @genny's a little much.
If you think we should be focusing elsewhere, where yo reads at?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sometimes it's just poor timing and people can't be as active as they'd like. I knew I'd have ghosted if I lived more than a few days, which is why I haven't played the last few games. I should be good for this one as long as it doesn't last several weeks.I read the last game. That was too quiet and it made me just a little nervous for this one.
Who do you think I am, @SummerTheLynx? 😉 😛I should be good for this one as long as it doesn't last several weeks.
You KNOW that is who I was thinking of!!! 🤣
It's because they killed me D1
(I say having posted like 3 times so far)
Kind of actually comfortable with my vote where it is. If D1 votes are all about gauging reactions, I find @genny's a little much.
If you think we should be focusing elsewhere, where yo reads at?
Yeah, I have been waffling on switching to genny. I felt like it was just a *titch* too defensive. Kinda fell into .... whoever made that observation last game (might have been a wolf for all I know, but I still felt like it was a good observation) about people getting mad for being voted for for the wrong reason even though they are a wolf.
Ok, my English sucked there, but I'm too tired to rephrase.
I read the last game. That was too quiet and it made me just a little nervous for this one.
No, I get that.
What annoys me is when someone has exactly 3 posts (including the one I'm quoting), one of which was maybe almost mildly contributing, and they're telling people "yay, keep posting!"
I.e. Instead of telling other people to contribute .... do it.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 99K