The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am prepared for me talking to mean a lynching will occur early game. Still gonna try.

Please do try. If you want and like others participating, you should too, even if you think it will mean early lynch. No reason to slack off.

Members don't see this ad.

This is what I've learned is best to do with Crayola, think wolfspeaker. I mean, I've tried but I get yelled at for being mean explaining things, then I'm mean if I ignore, I can't win. So I just skip over.

Having said that, this seems like her normal thus far but again I'm skimming her posts.

Hhahahaha. So true. Every time I tried to just be rational and play with Wolfspeaker on an up 'n up level, it never worked. Just went haywire.

Got it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I will say...this long of a day cycle is kind of annoying/exhausting especially when D1 votes typically don't hold much weight. But as someone who doesn't know the play style of probably 80% of the roster, it's been helpful. Last game didn't help because it was such a quiet game but I feel like I'm picking up on things more. Maybe I can later contribute to the giant blocks of text giving my read on every single person that has apparently become the norm.

Reactions: 1 users
Is @SkiOtter playing? Does she normally have this many off topic posts?

She does post a lot of off topic things often in the beginning, but if I remember correctly, post more content as the game progresses.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
D1 We Should Buy A Bar Official Lynch Tally

Blitzen (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS () -
Genny (4) - AM, WZ, LIS, Cake
Cake () -
Snowy (1) - Crayola
Tartar Sauce (1) - Blitzen
PBC (2) - Cyndia, Allie
AM (1) - PBC
3M (1) - TheGirlWithTheRidiculouslyLongNameThatImNowMakingLonger
Crayola (1) - Raf
LOtF (1) - DVMD
Dubz (1) - Snowy

17/24 Voting
Genny is in the lead.

Lynch ends in: 22 hours @ 2200 EST

giphy.gif

D1 We Should Buy A Bar Official Lynch Tally

Blitzen (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS () -
Genny (4) - AM, WZ, LIS, Cake
Cake () -
Snowy (1) - Crayola
Tartar Sauce (1) - Blitzen
PBC (2) - Cyndia, Allie
AM (1) - PBC
3M (1) - TheGirlWithTheRidiculouslyLongThing (BBC)
Crayola (1) - Raf
LOtF (1) - DVMD
Dubz (1) - Snowy

17/24 Voting
Genny is in the lead.

Lynch ends in: 22 hours @ 2200 EST

giphy.gif

I've noticed this too. Almost mentioned something earlier then decided I'd monitor for his more typical sporadicness (yes that is now a word). I just figured he's either off or very bored at work.

Ding ding winner winner chicken dinner.

LIS is off work today and didn't have a huge ton going on.

Though my dog got a dental and I spent a few hours freaking out about whether he'd be ok under anesthesia because it's an elective procedure and I'd be crushed if there was a complication from an elective procedure. (Just another reason I only work with sick animals - a complication then is more easy to handle.) It was done by a boarded dentist, and I think it amused her to do a prophy dental on a 3-yr-old with no significant pathology. I don't think she does many true *prophys*.

Reactions: 2 users
Is @SkiOtter playing? Does she normally have this many off topic posts?

I dunno the specific answer to the second question (or the first, now that you mention it), but I think a lot of us tend to post a lot of off-topic stuff on Day Ones that have super long cycles.

I mean, I harp on it being possible to figure out a wolf D1, and even I just run out of things to nitpick on people. Just only so much to talk about.

I am prepared for me talking to mean a lynching will occur early game. Still gonna try.

I don't find you sketch just because you're talking, but calling yourself out and saying that you know your going to get lynched because your talking is a little sketch.

Lynch PBC

Some feels based on saying AM feels wolfy and not much else. Just not sitting right with me.

Also isn't STL playing? Isn't he usually claiming he knows who all the wolves are by now?;)

Reactions: 4 users
I don't find you sketch just because you're talking, but calling yourself out and saying that you know your going to get lynched because your talking is a little sketch.
That's only because you don't know my history with this game and day 1 or 2 deaths.

Also I completely forgot it was a long cycle! Was a little disappointed not to see writeups when I logged in haha.
I knew it was a long day but was still hoping for a write up.

I knew it was a long day but was still hoping for a write up.

But like, what would the write up even be about? No one would've been lynched or night-killed yet since it's still the same cycle.

unlynch tartesos

lynch crayola

So Many Feels
-Cray: For extreme diarrhea of the mouth. She manufactured weak reasoning on her snowy vote and piled onto the bad logic of the AM vote. Crazy circular logic that hurts my brain. Very defensive about being told her posts and logic seem wolfy and threw out a "I'm not a wolf, maybe YOU'RE THE WOLF" defense, which always screams wolf to me. In part of her crazy logic used the phrase "If I was you villagers" - maybe just rhetorical flourish, but seems like the type of Freudian slip a wolf would make.

Feels
-PBC: manufactured some weak reasoning for an AM lynch to make her logic seem sounder than it was in reality, and then got a little defensive and backpedaled when someone called her out on it.
-Genny: very defensive about people voting for her and thinking that people are after her just because she was a winning wolf from last game.

Minor Feels
-Kam, STL, Raf, Tartesos: I'm still not a big fan of people who haven't been on at all since the game started, and none of these players have (unless I missed a post somewhere when making my notes?). Non participation seems like an easy excuse to skate through undetected for a few days. Also as a way to not give out too much info on yourself, lest you slip up.
-LoTF: A little defensive on people needling her about participating
-Finn: only because I'm salty about the attempted manacide and my emotions are getting the better of me

No Feels:
-LIS: He's posted earlier and more consistently than last game, but his game play seems normal. Not sure I'd be able to tell if he was a wolf though.
-Finn: actually where she belongs. Still salty though.
-Everybody else who's posted so far

Hmm, I'm starting to side eye Crayola myself. At first I thought it just seemed like her usual game style, but for day 1 it's a bit over the top. But then Genny's response was majorly defensive as well. :thinking:

Why are people feeling PBC? And can I join in? :shifty:

unlynch tartesos

lynch crayola

So Many Feels
-Cray: For extreme diarrhea of the mouth. She manufactured weak reasoning on her snowy vote and piled onto the bad logic of the AM vote. Crazy circular logic that hurts my brain. Very defensive about being told her posts and logic seem wolfy and threw out a "I'm not a wolf, maybe YOU'RE THE WOLF" defense, which always screams wolf to me. In part of her crazy logic used the phrase "If I was you villagers" - maybe just rhetorical flourish, but seems like the type of Freudian slip a wolf would make.

Minor Feels
-Kam, STL, Raf, Tartesos: I'm still not a big fan of people who haven't been on at all since the game started, and none of these players have (unless I missed a post somewhere when making my notes?). Non participation seems like an easy excuse to skate through undetected for a few days. Also as a way to not give out too much info on yourself, lest you slip up.

I have posted (only once, because I just don't have a lot of feels atm), but I appreciate that the one post I have made is to lynch Crayola for the same reasons that you just did. Up until your vote, I was the only vote on crayola, and I feel like that is something someone would look at before throwing out a lynch vote.
I also notice that your notes on players look like things that have already been discussed by various people on the thread, so they're really not novel. Makes me wonder if you're a wolf trying to look like they're wolf hunting for the village, but really just repeating what everyone says.

This is what I've learned is best to do with Crayola, think wolfspeaker. I mean, I've tried but I get yelled at for being mean explaining things, then I'm mean if I ignore, I can't win. So I just skip over.

Having said that, this seems like her normal thus far but again I'm skimming her posts.

At least Crayola hasn't done what I did first game, automatically go into table top RP mode and start playing in character. I was a dragon seer with a penchant for shiny objects, I think my first few posts had most people going, 'LOLWUT'?

At least Crayola hasn't done what I did first game, automatically go into table top RP mode and start playing in character. I was a dragon seer with a penchant for shiny objects, I think my first few posts had most people going, 'LOLWUT'?
lol good times

Reminds me of my first lounge game...I was way too friendly or bubbly when introducing myself and was met with a big "yeahhhh...no" from a lot of players. Felt like a huge idiot.

Reminds me of my first lounge game...I was way too friendly or bubbly when introducing myself and was met with a big "yeahhhh...no" from a lot of players. Felt like a huge idiot.

Yep, first Christmas lounge game I came bounding in singing Christmas carols. Yeah, it didn't go over too well.

Reactions: 7 users
But like, what would the write up even be about? No one would've been lynched or night-killed yet since it's still the same cycle.

Day 1 Mid Cycle Write Up

We've just crossed live to the Watering Hole, whose grand opening is still being delayed by missing inventory and mysteriously smashed bottles. Who is behind this sabotage, so far no one seems to know, although that could have something to do with the missing inventory being drunk as 'evidence'. Everyone appears to be staggering around and yelling wolf; so far we're not sure if this is a game or a serious investigation.

Wait...wait, I've got some news coming in. It appears Crayola is ugly drunk crying on the floor of the still empty bar, muttering something about not being a wolf; Genny is attempting to do her best 'I am not a Wolf' Richard Nixon impersonation, and the entire bar is feeling PBC up for reasons that are still unclear.

We're going to a break now, but we'll return to this Bacchanal as soon as we have word of any further carnage.

Reactions: 11 users
Day 1 Mid Cycle Write Up

We've just crossed live to the Watering Hole, whose grand opening is still being delayed by missing inventory and mysteriously smashed bottles. Who is behind this sabotage, so far no one seems to know, although that could have something to do with the missing inventory being drunk as 'evidence'. Everyone appears to be staggering around and yelling wolf; so far we're not sure if this is a game or a serious investigation.

Wait...wait, I've got some news coming in. It appears Crayola is ugly drunk crying on the floor of the still empty bar, muttering something about not being a wolf; Genny is attempting to do her best 'I am not a Wolf' Richard Nixon impersonation, and the entire bar is feeling PBC up for reasons that are still unclear.

We're going to a break now, but we'll return to this Bacchanal as soon as we have word of any further carnage.

I can't even.

That's only because you don't know my history with this game and day 1 or 2 deaths.

Given that that's your early game history and hasn't been consistent (or even close) in a long time now, don't you think it's time to move past it?

LOTS of new players have that happen to them. You really seem to think it was something focused on you and only you.

unlynch tartesos

lynch crayola

So Many Feels

Feels
-PBC: manufactured some weak reasoning for an AM lynch to make her logic seem sounder than it was in reality, and then got a little defensive and backpedaled when someone called her out on it.
-Genny: very defensive about people voting for her and thinking that people are after her just because she was a winning wolf from last game.

Minor Feels
-LoTF: A little defensive on people needling her about participating
-Finn: only because I'm salty about the attempted manacide and my emotions are getting the better of me

No Feels:
-LIS: He's posted earlier and more consistently than last game, but his game play seems normal. Not sure I'd be able to tell if he was a wolf though.
-Finn: actually where she belongs. Still salty though.
-Everybody else who's posted so far

Britzen is either a really good wolf or most likely village.

(Not because I'm in the No Feels category, just because most wolves won't go this committed on their reads this early.)

I have posted (only once, because I just don't have a lot of feels atm), but I appreciate that the one post I have made is to lynch Crayola for the same reasons that you just did. Up until your vote, I was the only vote on crayola, and I feel like that is something someone would look at before throwing out a lynch vote.
I also notice that your notes on players look like things that have already been discussed by various people on the thread, so they're really not novel. Makes me wonder if you're a wolf trying to look like they're wolf hunting for the village, but really just repeating what everyone says.

I honestly just don't have that many novel thoughts at the moment... I included thoughts on those other people mostly so there wouldn't be a "but why not X player" instead questions, which I got asked last game when I lynched somebody but didn't include reasons as to why not others.

This is only my second game, and my first one was a utter s***show. I managed, in short order to: prevent the lynch of a wolf on D1, throw suspicion on myself by starting some villager on villager verbal violence, and pushing to lynch innocent villagers two nights in a row resulting in our loss. I'm suffering from serious self-doubt about how good I am at reading people, so I'm definitely susceptible to the influence of more experienced players arguments.

I made this.png

Hmm, I'm starting to side eye Crayola myself. At first I thought it just seemed like her usual game style, but for day 1 it's a bit over the top. But then Genny's response was majorly defensive as well. :thinking:

Why are people feeling PBC? And can I join in? :shifty:

So in other words, everything everyone else has said, but without the same commitment?

:shifty: