The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Eh. Screw it. At least two people have told me between the lines I'm overreacting on PBC, so I'll take that to heart.

unlynch PBC

lynch Genny

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I have been waffling on switching to genny. I felt like it was just a *titch* too defensive. Kinda fell into .... whoever made that observation last game (might have been a wolf for all I know, but I still felt like it was a good observation) about people getting mad for being voted for for the wrong reason even though they are a wolf.

Ok, my English sucked there, but I'm too tired to rephrase.

MJ said that, and he was village when he did

see, I can contribute real stuff

D1 We Should Buy A Bar Unofficial Lynch Tally

britzen (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS (1) - Ceke
Genny (4) - Snowy, AM, WZ, LIS
Ceke () -
tarty (1) - britzen
Snowy (1) - Crayola
PBC (2) - Cyndia, allieh
AM (1) - PBC
3m (1) - Fern
Voting 15/24

Lynch ends in ~ 30.5 hours

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
lynch crayola
That whole post about how they're super definitely village because they've never been a wolf and this is how they always post really makes me o_O. Just seems like really coming on strong for day 1, and makes me wonder if they're a wolf just floundering.

Reactions: 1 users
Except that's the type of "contributing" that ... oh never mind. I'm just too tired.

If it didn't matter at all who said it or their affiliation, then WTF say it? what contribution is that?

I'm sorry if I thought the answer might actually matter to you, given that you said it

Ok in reading...

AM always seems wolfy to me. Glad LeTits has figured out how to read her because I haven't. The constant 20 questions crap just makes me think wolf every time, no other reason for it.

I stopped reading Crayola's posts because they make my head hurt. Her attempt at logic is like a goldfish trying to breathe out of water. But not currently getting a wolfy vibe there, I just can't read her posts because... yeah... head ache.

I don't like the whole voting for someone because they were a wolf last game or survived to the end last game, however, I get why people do it. Just meh. And definitely agree with if you lived longer last game and no obvious other player to lynch, then might as well not lynch someone who only lasted two days last game.

What stands out to me most thus far is LOF going "Yay, people are talking this game" and then she is not contributing. If you have time to post that and like multiple things (yes, I looked) you have time to contribute too.

For now, Lynch LoTF

Reactions: 1 user
AM always seems wolfy to me. Glad LeTits has figured out how to read her because I haven't. The constant 20 questions crap just makes me think wolf every time, no other reason for it.

That was, like, only twice.

The one thing I'll say outside the spoiler box, is that I read wolves will try to bully villagers into silence. Silent village is great for wolves.

I stand by it, lynching someone for typical play, is weak sauce.

Of course the fact I've never been a wolf doesn't mean I'm not one now. I said that to point out that the play we've seen from me in the past is definitively village play. Me getting all reactive about Day 1 or 2 discussions about my play is also typical, and pointing out my play is typical is also typical.

But if that seems wolfy to you, so be it guys. I've been hitting the WW strategy guides online. Consistent honest play, according to game theory, in a group that plays together a lot, is the best strat for a villager. Oddly enough, it also serves someone as a wolf. So that's my thoughts on WW play that I've made every time.

People might claim my chatter, even if village, provides wolf cover. Here's why that's crap based on my research:
1) I ensure that all silent players get called out for being silent, so even if I'm yakking, it doesn't let quiet players skate on by
2) It gives something for wolves to post about - the best way to catch wolves is to keep them talking so they slip, in fact, chatty villagers can put pressure on the wolves to have to post or else stand out
3) If after all that, my chatter gets me lynched for being a distraction, problem solved, my autopsy may prove useful to village

Also, the most chatter I make is usually D1 or 2 when there are the least data points anyway, so skim if you must

If I was you villagers, and I really thought Cray cray was a wolf, I might actually sit on it for a cycle or 2, because I would for sure be a noob wolf (first time), and since you all clearly think I'm so dumb and obvious, I would think that might out the whole pack

You super sure PBC is village or something?

On the one hand, I kinda agree with calling her out for this. As soon as I read it, I was like "huh, good point."

On the other hand...this just feels a little ...off in its aggressiveness coming from you this early. It's a subtle thing to hone in on, and is the type of logic I've seen you push as a wolf. Not to mention a teeeensy bit role-fishy. Minor sketch point.

Eh. Screw it. At least two people have told me between the lines I'm overreacting on PBC, so I'll take that to heart.

unlynch PBC

lynch Genny

This waffle feels weird to me, although I can't really put my finger on why.

I also agree with a large number of your comments so far, though, so... *shrug*. Maybe it's a one-off.

Tl;dr -- weird feels thus far from dubz, PBC, LIS, LoTF -- and cyndia, actually. Keeping my initially-random vote there for the time being because I feel like the others are somewhat in opposition, and I don't have strong enough feels in any of the other directions.

I know, more hedges than an English garden.

If it didn't matter at all who said it or their affiliation, then WTF say it? what contribution is that?

I'm sorry if I thought the answer might actually matter to you, given that you said it

If you <seriously> can't understand why that answer might not mean much ... then it's not worthwhile explaining it. I presume your outrage is contrived.

Members don't see this ad :)
The one thing I'll say outside the spoiler box, is that I read wolves will try to bully villagers into silence. Silent village is great for wolves.

I stand by it, lynching someone for typical play, is weak sauce.

Of course the fact I've never been a wolf doesn't mean I'm not one now. I said that to point out that the play we've seen from me in the past is definitively village play. Me getting all reactive about Day 1 or 2 discussions about my play is also typical, and pointing out my play is typical is also typical.

But if that seems wolfy to you, so be it guys. I've been hitting the WW strategy guides online. Consistent honest play, according to game theory, in a group that plays together a lot, is the best strat for a villager. Oddly enough, it also serves someone as a wolf. So that's my thoughts on WW play that I've made every time.

People might claim my chatter, even if village, provides wolf cover. Here's why that's crap based on my research:
1) I ensure that all silent players get called out for being silent, so even if I'm yakking, it doesn't let quiet players skate on by
2) It gives something for wolves to post about - the best way to catch wolves is to keep them talking so they slip, in fact, chatty villagers can put pressure on the wolves to have to post or else stand out
3) If after all that, my chatter gets me lynched for being a distraction, problem solved, my autopsy may prove useful to village

Also, the most chatter I make is usually D1 or 2 when there are the least data points anyway, so skim if you must

If I was you villagers, and I really thought Cray cray was a wolf, I might actually sit on it for a cycle or 2, because I would for sure be a noob wolf (first time), and since you all clearly think I'm so dumb and obvious, I would think that might out the whole pack

I'm almost ready to waffle my way over to Crayola.

On the one hand, I kinda agree with calling her out for this. As soon as I read it, I was like "huh, good point."

On the other hand...this just feels a little ...off in its aggressiveness coming from you this early. It's a subtle thing to hone in on, and is the type of logic I've seen you push as a wolf. Not to mention a teeeensy bit role-fishy. Minor sketch point.
Are you saying I can't pick up on subtle things as a villager? Rude.

There's only one village role where that would be role fishy considering it's day 1, and I doubt Genny would have telegraphed it that obviously. But I understand you get paranoid when you agree with me, so I'll forgive you. At this point I'd be suspicious if you didn't find something sketchy about me right off the bat ;)

This waffle feels weird to me, although I can't really put my finger on why.

I also agree with a large number of your comments so far, though, so... *shrug*. Maybe it's a one-off.

Tl;dr -- weird feels thus far from dubz, PBC, LIS, LoTF -- and cyndia, actually. Keeping my initially-random vote there for the time being because I feel like the others are somewhat in opposition, and I don't have strong enough feels in any of the other directions.

I know, more hedges than an English garden.

You probably should try and put your finger on it, so you can correct your analysis ....

Are you saying I can't pick up on subtle things as a villager? Rude.

There's only one village role where that would be role fishy considering it's day 1, and I doubt Genny would have telegraphed it that obviously. But I understand you get paranoid when you agree with me, so I'll forgive you. At this point I'd be suspicious if you didn't find something sketchy about me right off the bat ;)

Nope, just saying you're a particularly adept sneak.

And idk, I read you as pretty village last couple games when you were village. But nice jab back at my poor paranoid soul :p

Unlynch LIS

Lynch The Bar

Seriously, those bottles are looking shifty, you can see right through some of them.

No, I'm not sure PBC is village. I was making the point that the two people leading the lynch are both players who were wolves last game. Would have included strider too, but he's not playing.

If I seem overly defensive, it's probably because I'm frustrated. Very catch-22.

Lynch ends tomorrow, right? I might just take a night away from this to clear my head.

britzen (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS () -
Genny (4) - Snowy, AM, WZ, LIS
Ceke () -
tarty (1) - britzen
Snowy (1) - Crayola
PBC (2) - Cyndia, allieh
AM (1) - PBC
3m (1) - Fern
crayola (1) - raf
LoTF (1) - DVMD

The Bar (1) - ceke

Voting 17/24

Lynch ends in ~ 27 hours

giphy.gif

Idk about the PBC vote. You try to give a reasoning for why you vote someone D1 and its usually for a not very strong reason until people start talking more. I am actually more interested in the people who brought up her vote - pippy, LIS, and 3m. LIS seems off but I think it maybe because he's actually posted a lot at the beginning of the day which I'm used to him catching up later. I am still slightly interested in genny still, but I'm starting to feel like her over-reaction is probably more a village over reaction then a wolfy one. WZ is giving me feels. And I agree I don't like Lotf's "yay you're talking" but I'd like to hear more from her before I decide what I think of her.

unlynch genny
lynch WZ

No, I'm not sure PBC is village. I was making the point that the two people leading the lynch are both players who were wolves last game. Would have included strider too, but he's not playing.

What? Why? How do you know strider would also have been leading the lynch? Why didn't you include cyndia since she is in this game and she was a wolf last game? This just seems like such a funny thing to post. Maybe I'm missing something.

Serious Lynch Genny

That response about punishing a winner from last game just comes across as sketch to me.

I've returned! I've been periodically checking in so that I could keep mostly caught up on posts so thoughts I've had today...

I'm not feeling anyone in particular. I can see where the votes for Genny are coming from but am not sure if I agree with them. Kind of on the fence but not convinced enough to jump on the bandwagon just yet.

In regards to PBC who appears to be lynch runner up, her comment didn't really seem odd to me. AM frequently sets off alarm bells for me and although it hasn't happened yet this game, she still "always felt wolfy" to me as of the last game I played (and I was a dead wolf in that one so I knew she wasn't and she still read sketchy). As far as Crayola's question of how we deal with that... well, I just try to rely on the people who are better at reading her and figure there are usually enough of them that they can't all be wolves.

Crayola sets off my sketch bells too. I'm not ready to lynch her just yet because I recognize it may just be how she plays. That said, I've only played with her once before and she was neutral rather than villager so I'm regarding her with caution.

So I'm comfortable leaving my vote where it is for now. Not because I actually want to lynch blitzen but because I just don't have someone to move it too. Will reassess tomorrow.

I haven't played with Crayola before, but every time I see one of their posts I think about being a kid and loving to color but how I always pressed too hard and broke my crayons. That's probably not a great reason to lynch someone but exam brain?

Also why put your analysis in spoilers?

Idk about the PBC vote. You try to give a reasoning for why you vote someone D1 and its usually for a not very strong reason until people start talking more. I am actually more interested in the people who brought up her vote - pippy, LIS, and 3m. LIS seems off but I think it maybe because he's actually posted a lot at the beginning of the day which I'm used to him catching up later. I am still slightly interested in genny still, but I'm starting to feel like her over-reaction is probably more a village over reaction then a wolfy one. WZ is giving me feels. And I agree I don't like Lotf's "yay you're talking" but I'd like to hear more from her before I decide what I think of her.

unlynch genny
lynch WZ

I just brought it up because I haven't played a game in like 6 months and we were talking about how AM is always sketch then...so I think it's interesting people still try to automatically call her a wolf just for how she posts? That comes off weird to me.

What? Why? How do you know strider would also have been leading the lynch? Why didn't you include cyndia since she is in this game and she was a wolf last game? This just seems like such a funny thing to post. Maybe I'm missing something.
Cyndia was converted on the last night last game. That's how we won: by converting instead of killing. So I didn't include her because she was a villager the whole time.

If you <seriously> can't understand why that answer might not mean much ... then it's not worthwhile explaining it. I presume your outrage is contrived.

If you really were witness to the rage-posting in the Mermaid game, then you should know just how much irrational outrage I am capable of. The fact you would try to say this is beyond me....

I haven't played with Crayola before, but every time I see one of their posts I think about being a kid and loving to color but how I always pressed too hard and broke my crayons. That's probably not a great reason to lynch someone but exam brain?

Also why put your analysis in spoilers?

because the hate of my wall texts

britzen (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS () -
Genny (4) - AM, WZ, LIS, ceke
Ceke () -
tarty (1) - britzen
Snowy (1) - Crayola
PBC (2) - Cyndia, allieh
AM (1) - PBC
3m (1) - Fern
crayola (1) - raf
LoTF (1) - DVMD
wz (1) - snowy

Voting 17/24

Lynch ends in ~ 25.5 hours

giphy.gif

Yeah, leading the lynch with a whole day left and plenty of time for other considerations, and with at least one of the votes (mine, initially) being a joke.

I also can't read AM for ****. But I also can't read anyone else tbh. So if people are lynching AM because no one can read her, then I should just be lynching everyone in this game then.
Crayons is distracting and makes my head hurt.
Genny did get a defensive over votes that were because she was a wolf last game, but I understand that. I kinda like genny in games because i enjoy her wwmotto of "doesn't matter if you win as long as you have fun" and when shes village she seems to just have a fun time (from what i've seen recently, at least)
Oh my goodness, people are talking! I am so much more excited about this game now! (Aka, keep doing more of this!)

I have been connected to Cyndia twice now as village, so I feel like I am going to not notice when she comes up wolf again, and it does happen with an uncanny frequency. Thanks for reminding me not to just think of her as my old mason pal. Now I get to be all paranoid.
^^this whole post just sets off little baby bells for me tbh
LIS is very present today and its strange but refreshing

No, I get that.

What annoys me is when someone has exactly 3 posts (including the one I'm quoting), one of which was maybe almost mildly contributing, and they're telling people "yay, keep posting!"

I.e. Instead of telling other people to contribute .... do it.
I'm working on it.

For DVMD, I read and roam and like while nursing and while walking from room to room packing. It is easy to tap like and have your brain still focused on the other. Much tougher to engage enough to post. You will likely get a lot more Posts from me when the kids are asleep. But, I totally approve of keeping the thread talking, so I will do my best to type one handed and distracted.

Reactions: 2 users
^^this whole post just sets off little baby bells for me tbh
LIS is very present today and its strange but refreshing
I am prepared for me talking to mean a lynching will occur early game. Still gonna try.

I am prepared for me talking to mean a lynching will occur early game. Still gonna try.
wasn't necessarily you talking in general that i didn't like, just kinda the "oh good golly! people are talking this game!!! yay!!!!!!!!" and the "i've been masoned with cyndia twice so if shes a wolf i will probably miss that" that just felt weird to me.

If you really were witness to the rage-posting in the Mermaid game, then you should know just how much irrational outrage I am capable of. The fact you would try to say this is beyond me....

I think I'm just gonna disengage with you. You just seem kinda thin-skinned and ... like you're manufacturing reasons to react. It's weird. I don't know what to make of it, but I'm afraid I'm going to tunnel on it if I keep trying.

I don't really remember the rage-posting from Mermaid, unless it was all that stuff in the beginning about not being around. If that's the game you're talking of. If not, I've apparently forgotten it.

Don't start off defensive, it never works well. I'm not voting for you (and I don't think anyone else is, but I might have missed it). Just saying that was a sketchy move. If you start backing up your "yay, people are playing" by contributing yourself, then it becomes a non-issue. Obviously if you're in the middle of managing kids it makes it hard to contribute.

But it's kinda like when people take the time to post "I can't play 'cause of scheduling" four or five times - you start to wonder "if you had time to say that, you had time to say something meaningful." Obviously you haven't repeatedly done anything, so it's not to that level by any stretch.

Just pointing out that it caught my attention. *shrug*

I think I'm just gonna disengage with you. You just seem kinda thin-skinned and ... like you're manufacturing reasons to react. It's weird. I don't know what to make of it, but I'm afraid I'm going to tunnel on it if I keep trying.

I don't really remember the rage-posting from Mermaid, unless it was all that stuff in the beginning about not being around. If that's the game you're talking of. If not, I've apparently forgotten it.

This is what I've learned is best to do with Crayola, think wolfspeaker. I mean, I've tried but I get yelled at for being mean explaining things, then I'm mean if I ignore, I can't win. So I just skip over.

Having said that, this seems like her normal thus far but again I'm skimming her posts.