The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The numbering is all over the place here :p

There are a few options in my head
1. Extra kill on particular days. Looks like it should be odd nights, which would mean a block or something n3 and a boost last night. If the boost I got was from the dead, it's possible they accidentally boosted a wolf last night.

2. Particular wolf can target particular types of roles for an extra kill. This one is easy to verify just need to look at the dead peeps real quick, which I'll do in a moment.

I think I had a third but I forgot what it was. In any case it has nothing to do with me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
*Puts WildZoo on list of people to be Mod-Killed*

Reactions: 1 users
N1: AM - Southern Tier Pumking Beer
tarty- Malibu "Rum"
N5: Pippy - Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer
STL - Angel's Envy Whiskey
N6: Kam - Blue Moon Beer
Cyndia - Josh Wine

I don't think that's a coincidence

Members don't see this ad :)
N1: AM - Southern Tier Pumking Beer
tarty- Malibu "Rum"
N5: Pippy - Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer
STL - Angel's Envy Whiskey
N6: Kam - Blue Moon Beer
Cyndia - Josh Wine

I don't think that's a coincidence

I'm not completely sure though. After N3, STL said something about being attacked but potentially being protected or something of the sort? We know he's not a beer (he died a whiskey), and the other kill that night was Finn, who was water. Do you think STL would have been given this message if the reason he didn't die was because he wasn't a beer? This was his post:

Mod results from last night made it seem that someone was maybe attempting to kill me last night but I was protected? Not sure, here is the snippet from results:

"Its a good thing too, because you get the ominous feeling somebody was watching you. You should probably thank who ever convinced you to go to another bar, but unfortunately you blacked out and forgot who."

I think it's more likely that there are extra kills on certain nights. Either N2 someone was protected or blocked, or they can have an extra kill on odd nights with a boost last night (like you said)

Has anyone had the shot roulette item since I had it on N3?
Kam and Cyndia said they had it on N1 and N2, wondering if anyone had any interesting results after that

I'm also going to start today off with
lynch LOTF

she's another one on my list of people that I have essentially no reason NOT to vote for them.

I'm not completely sure though. After N3, STL said something about being attacked but potentially being protected or something of the sort? We know he's not a beer (he died a whiskey), and the other kill that night was Finn, who was water. Do you think STL would have been given this message if the reason he didn't die was because he wasn't a beer? This was his post:

I think it's more likely that there are extra kills on certain nights. Either N2 someone was protected or blocked, or they can have an extra kill on odd nights with a boost last night (like you said)
It's vague enough that I'm not entirely sure he was attacked. Plus, there's nothing to say that he couldn't have been immune ti the attack and protected at the same time. I just think it would be pretty coincidental for a beer to be one of the kills on every double kill night.

In any case this isn't super important for finding wolves so I'm not sure it matters if we figure it out. Neither scenario points to certain individuals over others. And it's not like the dead can tell us who they boosted if that's what happened last night.

Is my ground up remains enough now for everyone, or do I simply need to be further and further killed on repeat (how does a ground up bottle even die further?)

Reactions: 2 users
My ability was stolen last night. I don't know why a villager would steal my ability, so a little suspicious about that.

Also was boosted last night. Used it to set a trap for the wolves, but unfortunately there were no biters.

Is my ground up remains enough now for everyone, or do I simply need to be further and further killed on repeat (how does a ground up bottle even die further?)
Hmm...Clearly not dead enough yet.
Have we tried melting him down? Disassembling him at a molecular level?

Is anyone else getting wolf feels off Fern. That last post sounded a little off, especially with the part about boosting and setting traps and the wording over all.

Right now I could go for a Fern, WZ, or Britz lynch. Something just feels off with one, or all of these.

If I can get back on before lynch end (maybe we'll stop for an early lunch) I may waffle. And yes I should be asleep it's almost 1 am and I have to be up in four hours for an interstate trip.

Hmm. Looking back, I think there's something missing from LIS's posts this game that I'm used to seeing from him when he's village. I need to do a little research but if I'm right I'll be more comfy with my vote.

Hmm. Looking back, I think there's something missing from LIS's posts this game that I'm used to seeing from him when he's village. I need to do a little research but if I'm right I'll be more comfy with my vote.
Upon further investigation...nevermind this.

I'm still in favor of an lotf lynch, but I really want to see if Kam was onto something with LIS.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Dead's Unofficial Lynch Tally

britzen (1) - Ceke
LOTF (1) - raf
LIS (1) - WZ

3/12
lynch close in ~ 11 hours

Ok, I'm about to spam. Including posts from Kam. I know Kam is dead. Still going to respond.

Actually, Ceke was kinda all over allieh, right? Hrm. Distressing. I might be wrong.

After more consideration, not as much all over allieh as I thought. So still on my wolf list.

Don't do this to me LIS

Do what? Reconsider something? Why not?

YES! Got a wolf! :D

Uh huh. I feel like half the time the people who take the time to celebrate that much are forcing it.

I was the second vote on the list. I haven't been revealing my wolf feels quite as much lately because they just always seem to end up making me look sketchy, but re-reading through Allie's posts I thought she seemed pretty wolfish. The tracking reveal sealed it for me.

So in other words, not as much all over her as I thought. Thx. Especially because the tracking part to me was the least wolfy part of the whole deal.

And as LIS pointed out, totally forgot STL was dead.

I would never, ever do that.

9. @Ceke2002 - Reads like herself. Don't remember if she rode the wolf bandwagons or drove them. I think LIS implied she drove the Allieh one. However, I wonder if LIS riding Ceke everyday is because he is a wolf riding an easy lynch, or they are a pair of wolves working together.

I did not imply that about Ceke. If you read that, you're reading too much into my words. I've been riding Ceke every day for two reasons:

1) I think Ceke should be lynched; and
2) I've been ok with the other leading lynch candidates and so haven't felt a need to try and sway the lynches another direction.

1. @LetItSnow - mentioned in a past post that I had village lean on him, but I also felt like he and DVMD could be in cahoots.

WHAT? Wow. This is sketchy as hell. What in the WORLD would make you think that? DVMD has hardly participated! How on earth could you come to that conclusion?

That's ... just .... bizarre. I mean, I could see "LIS and WZ" are in cahoots or something. Or hell, even "LIS and Ceke". But "LIS and DVMD"? That's just ... I can't decide if that's sketchy or just more Cray cray.

[LIS] is in my top 3. He's one of a handful I have no problem picturing bussing that early.

Well, I can't deny that. I'll bus hard, that's for sure.

I've probably got blinders on there so for sure if he's in your top 3 go for it. I'll be sad if you're right though because it'll mean I'm not actually good at reading him and I thought I was. Trying to remember now when the last time was that I played when he was a wolf...I should pay more attention when I'm modding because he's definitely been one several times in those games.

I don't want you to be good at reading me. It screws me over for when I'm wolfing.

This is the first time WZ has ever mentioned thinking she's good at reading me. Not sure what to make of it.

One more thing (I really should be sleeping)...

Trying to figure out how I feel about Allie tracking LIS.

Well, retrospectively, I think it's obvious. Needed to track <some> villager to find a power role, and apparently thought I have one.

I think it was PBC who pointed out that Allie's results don't tell us much about the living players we're still working with.

Well, no ****. What would you EXPECT a wolf to reveal? Obviously she's going to want to leave it vague......

I do notice that while Rabbit and Pippy's descriptions include two pieces of info (affiliation/action & role name/action), LIS is action only. No role name, no affiliation. Allie's role description implies she should get more than that. LIS, is there a role hint I'm missing?

Again - no ****. Do you really think a wolf on the way out the door is going to confirm I'm a villager?

There was a hint to my role in there, but it was subtle (the box of wine clutched to my chest).

LIS is claiming vanillager as well

Nope, definitely a villager. LIS's line about there being a definite vanillager after I'd outed your role just sounded off to me, like was he subtly claiming a power role, claiming he was the Vanillager, or does he know because wolves know.

So which is it? Do you think I'm claiming vanillager or a PR???? You're kinda bouncing all over the place.

Let me set the record straight, even though I thought it was spotlight-off-my-bald-head obvious: I am a vanillager.

That is the only fricking way I would ever in a WW game say something as conclusive as "there are definitely vanillagers in the game."

After a re-read LIS is either playing a very good wolf, or he's village (and playing a very good villager) - middling of the pack for me, although I get a flying under the radar sense as well. Both Cyndia and Britzen have voted with Allie on villager lynches. And there's still something fishy about the whole STL thing.

See - you start to make sense and I'm thinking "Ok, maybe Ceke isn't so sketchy."

.... and then you post something like "LIS is either playing a very good wolf, or he's village."

Well, no ****. Neutral and Chaos are dead, so, uh, super sleuthing there, bud. You nailed it - I'm either wolf or village. (Hint: It's the latter.)

Is anyone else getting wolf feels off Fern. That last post sounded a little off, especially with the part about boosting and setting traps and the wording over all.

I haven't gotten any feels off Fern, but for exactly that reason I could vote Fern. Or LotF, who has utterly vanished.

Probably I'd vote LotF. There are certain people I never want to lose to by letting them fly under the radar, and she's one. But just watch - as soon as she accumulates a few votes, she'll mysteriously show up talking about how busy she's been with her kids or goats or whatever, throw a few hand-waving reads, and then vanish again.

Upon further investigation...nevermind this.
I'm still in favor of an lotf lynch, but I really want to see if Kam was onto something with LIS.

Awwwww. WZ, I really thought you were villager. This really throws water on that. Have you been slinking it wolf-style the whole time? :(

But seriously, you're either a wolf or being suddenly dumb. If wolf, ok, fine. But if you're a villager - do you REALLY think I'd kill kam as a wolf when kam has come out hard against me in the last day or two? Sure, it's WIFOM, but *c'mon*.....

Has anyone had the shot roulette item since I had it on N3?
Kam and Cyndia said they had it on N1 and N2, wondering if anyone had any interesting results after that

Nope. I had the quarters somewhere in there (N2? N3?) and failed my roll.

I was given another ability (one-time) at the same time to make an object. Not going to reveal what I made, though.

For now,

lynch Ceke

But, I may waffle my way over to LotF, DVMD, or Fern (all for the same reason, but those are in order of people I don't want to lose to for under-the-radar playing).

Do what? Reconsider something? Why not?
That was a joke. I should have thrown in an emoji. It was just funny to me because you posted it right as I was posting that I would vote that way if you felt so strongly about it.

I don't want you to be good at reading me. It screws me over for when I'm wolfing.

This is the first time WZ has ever mentioned thinking she's good at reading me. Not sure what to make of it.
Think back to uhhh...Lupin's most recent game I think. The one where the wolves trounced us because we were ignoring whole groups of people in the game. I had you pegged as village the whole time, wolfy ny tried to convince me I was wrong late in the game but I wasn't having it.

Idk I was more confident that game than I am here.

Awwwww. WZ, I really thought you were villager. This really throws water on that. Have you been slinking it wolf-style the whole time? :(
No. You should know my history though. There's a wolf in every game who manages to get on my village list and stay there. Kam seemed pretty sure, I consider her a better player than I am, and she died village. So, I'm ok with testing the theory.

If you want to know, I thought it was odd you hadn't posted an actual reads list with categories (unless I missed it), which I think I've seen you do in all your recent village games. But I looked back and you did do that kind of post in the Supernatural game when you were a wolf, so decided it wasn't a reliable metric.

That was a joke. I should have thrown in an emoji. It was just funny to me because you posted it right as I was posting that I would vote that way if you felt so strongly about it.

Ahhh. ok.

Think back to uhhh...Lupin's most recent game I think. The one where the wolves trounced us because we were ignoring whole groups of people in the game. I had you pegged as village the whole time, wolfy ny tried to convince me I was wrong late in the game but I wasn't having it.

Idk I was more confident that game than I am here.

Sorta like the wolves are trying to convince you I'm a wolf by killing kam......

No. You should know my history though. There's a wolf in every game who manages to get on my village list and stay there. Kam seemed pretty sure, I consider her a better player than I am, and she died village. So, I'm ok with testing the theory.

If you want to know, I thought it was odd you hadn't posted an actual reads list with categories (unless I missed it), which I think I've seen you do in all your recent village games. But I looked back and you did do that kind of post in the Supernatural game when you were a wolf, so decided it wasn't a reliable metric.

MMmmmm. I dunno that I agree with that. There's not a wolf in every game who manages to get on the villager list. There are usually a few in the "dunno what to make of that group" list.

I didn't post an actual reads list because I started out the game playing. I usually do that when (in my more typical play style due to work) I show up for the game a few days late. In this game I just commented as I went.

And, my list is/was pretty similar to everyone else's. Didn't (and don't) have a lot to add.

But your change of heart over me - esp since it's based off Kam getting killed - really makes me question your alignment. Ah well.

(I have to admit, though, I'm kinda blinking at Kam ... or Crayola ... or Ceke ... whoever it was ... giving me all that credit for super stealthy play. You're confusing me with STL the SuperSpy. I am the bull in the china shop. There's nothing subtle about my play.)

Sorta like the wolves are trying to convince you I'm a wolf by killing kam......
Don't think I haven't thought about that. I have. In fact I've been thinking in circles all morning. My vote isn't set in stone.

MMmmmm. I dunno that I agree with that. There's not a wolf in every game who manages to get on the villager list. There are usually a few in the "dunno what to make of that group" list.

I didn't post an actual reads list because I started out the game playing. I usually do that when (in my more typical play style due to work) I show up for the game a few days late. In this game I just commented as I went.

And, my list is/was pretty similar to everyone else's. Didn't (and don't) have a lot to add.

But your change of heart over me - esp since it's based off Kam getting killed - really makes me question your alignment. Ah well.
I don't mean the general agreed-upon village list. I mean my village list. Kcough a couple games ago is a good example.

My vote isn't based on Kam getting killed - there are so many ways to interpret night kills and it's just not something I'm good at. My vote is based on Kam's read and the feeling that I'm missing something.

So I had the shot roulette the night LIS had the quarters (I had said on thread that whoever's results they were had quarters and didn't get any protection). I also said on thread that there was a second part to those results that I was waiting on, which I did eventually get. I didn't put the second part on thread because it just didn't seem necessary at the time. Now that I know those are LIS' results, I know what else he did that night and I want to say that it's very villagery.

So I had the shot roulette the night LIS had the quarters (I had said on thread that whoever's results they were had quarters and didn't get any protection). I also said on thread that there was a second part to those results that I was waiting on, which I did eventually get. I didn't put the second part on thread because it just didn't seem necessary at the time. Now that I know those are LIS' results, I know what else he did that night and I want to say that it's very villagery.
Oki doki. I'm happy to tuck my paranoia away (for now)

unlynch LIS lynch lotf

I'm happy with going back to either my LOTF or my cake lynch today. Since it's no longer day 1/2, LOTF can no longer complain this game about being voted off day 1/2 every game. She's not here and barely has been (yeah, yeah moving and packing, I know), so I'm going with her.
Lynch LOTF

But seriously, you're either a wolf or being suddenly dumb. If wolf, ok, fine. But if you're a villager - do you REALLY think I'd kill kam as a wolf when kam has come out hard against me in the last day or two? Sure, it's WIFOM, but *c'mon*.....
I missed this the first time. Is there some reason why you're surprised by my being dumb? :p

For now,

lynch Ceke

But, I may waffle my way over to LotF, DVMD, or Fern (all for the same reason, but those are in order of people I don't want to lose to for under-the-radar playing).

Not playing under that radar, was just not busy at game start, then busy and now trying to convince myself to get my lazy ass out of bed on my day off to read through the thread and post. I'll get there... eventually.

@WildZoo if you want paranoia, I'm now wondering if raf is wolf-clearing me.

Hey raf, can you give a vague description of what else I did that night?

Not playing under that radar, was just not busy at game start, then busy and now trying to convince myself to get my lazy ass out of bed on my day off to read through the thread and post. I'll get there... eventually.

Any chance of it happening before the game ends and you cruise stealthily to a wolf victory?

Any chance of it happening before the game ends and you cruise stealthily to a wolf victory?

It'll happen faster if someone dangled a $100 bill in front of me or some chocolate. ;)

It'll happen today before lynch end. I'm just super tired and being lazy in this moment.

And I've never cruised silently to wolfy victory....more like boisterous flailing over the finish line.

@WildZoo if you want paranoia, I'm now wondering if raf is wolf-clearing me.

Hey raf, can you give a vague description of what else I did that night?
If raf is wolf-clearing people she's being really dedicated about it. Which for sure would mess with my head, but I don't think wolves are typically inclined to clear 3 viable lynch candidates at the same time.

But the paranoia never really dies

Hmm...Clearly not dead enough yet.
Have we tried melting him down? Disassembling him at a molecular level?
Kill it. Kill it with FIRE.

Might still have to worry about vengeful spirits though. Better call a priest or a shaman or something to banish his ghost while we're at it.

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Is that a challenge? :eyebrow:

Reactions: 4 users
Ok, out of bed, ate foods, fixed the internets...setting up laptop now, clench your buttholes...dvmd posting incoming.....

giphy.gif

my opinion on order of Least --> Most questionable right now. Bottom could be the wolf pack, but there’s probably somebody flying under the radar.

SkiOtter - confirmed village
PBC - rezzed
WZ - cancelled kills
LoTF - pms/thread comments heavily lean village
LetItSnow - NSTR
BBC - making trackers; quiet, but generally NSTR
DVMD - NSTR
raf -NSTR
allieh - others have called out sketch
kam - would have put her higher before last night, but the ninja post/tie makes me
clip_image001.gif

m3 - lack of defense last night seems believable given the hour she was on this morning, but way too quiet, like BBC's read
Cyndia - only one in the WZ/STL/Cyndia kerfluffle who isn't cleared
Cray- same reasons
Ceke - waffling off of her and onto cray (for now) because ceke's post earlier seemed really genuine and I don't think ceke is ruthless enough to hit us that hard with the guilt as a wolfploy (watch me eat those words later).

What does NSTR mean?

lynch cyndia

May waffle, we'll see where the day takes us... In the meantime I have 12 hours of back to back class/lab/midterm magic while running on zero hours of sleep. I imagine I'll be on the lynch docket again today (thanks, Kam), but prob won't be around until late (and may very well fall asleep at 7:30 pm and miss my own imminent demise).

So you picked Cyndia out of the WZ/Cyndia/STL group because she was the only non-cleared one? When was WZ actually cleared? Are you talking about her using the night cancel?

my opinion on order of Least --> Most questionable right now. Bottom could be the wolf pack, but there’s probably somebody flying under the radar.

SkiOtter - confirmed village
PBC - rezzed
WZ - cancelled kills
LoTF - pms/thread comments heavily lean village
LetItSnow - NSTR
BBC - making trackers; quiet, but generally NSTR
DVMD - NSTR
raf -NSTR
allieh - others have called out sketch
kam - would have put her higher before last night, but the ninja post/tie makes me
clip_image001.gif

m3 - lack of defense last night seems believable given the hour she was on this morning, but way too quiet, like BBC's read
Cyndia - only one in the WZ/STL/Cyndia kerfluffle who isn't cleared
Cray- same reasons
Ceke - waffling off of her and onto cray (for now) because ceke's post earlier seemed really genuine and I don't think ceke is ruthless enough to hit us that hard with the guilt as a wolfploy (watch me eat those words later).

Is LoTF talking to you in PM? And where has she posted on thread? Because I see little if any posts from her as of late.

I'm also tired of all this stuff about how night cancel somehow clears a wolf, and how could it be useful for a wolf?

1), are we sure there's no more possibility of conversion? It wasn't clear to me earlier in the thread if only one of the dead players was convertible, or with the question that was asked by Pippy. If so, clearing someone and never coming back around just because they have night cancel would be a bad move.

2), night cancel could be useful for providing wolf cover. What is lost in the one kill of a night, could be offset by major village cred. Wolves win not only by nightkills, bad lynches, but by survival.

3), I can imagine a number of scenarios by which a wolf gains intel or there's a mod mechanics where it would actually benefit a wolf to cancel night. They could get intel about a vigilante about to do a night kill and is lucky it's a wolf, or that a Seer is going to seer one of the wolves, etc. Even if you discount 3), I still think 2) is possible.

4) The point was made that you have to put some people lower or higher in your suspicions or get nowhere. Still, I wouldn't overlook any sketchiness from someone based on them having night cancel. Not sure why people are pushing that so hard.

Ok, but then what has WZ done that is sketchy in your mind? If you are insistent that a night cancel could still be a wolf ability (which I have never seen), what other points do you have about WZ that makes you think she is suspicious?

I'm pretty certain one of the villagers killed so far was a vanillager. It's pretty common in WW to have a few. The fact we haven't seen one yet means nothing.

Plus, it seems I may have interpreted the role wrong. I was told I was a crowd pleaser, that's it. I figured it was mod flair about the sort of booze I am. Last night got a mod PM saying something about boosting and getting some PM ability, but that for some reason I couldn't use it. That could work with the description, I guess.

I pointed out to Ceke it would be a risky move for me to enact a plot of "vanillager claims important role to out wolves" because it involves some deceit.
If I was a wolf, would I really have said all of what I said to Ceke? It makes sense for a villager to villager, or villager to possible wolf exchange, which I explained in my exchange to her. Wolf to villager makes no sense.

If you were a wolf, would you really go out of your way to try to engage with Ceke that way? Frankly I'm annoyed she outed my vanillager role, but I have little to lose here.

If Ceke and I are both wolves, then it makes even less sense for us to put this exchange out there, for so many reasons. Unless you want to play WIFOM, "Hey let's draw the most attention to ourselves as the two most annoying players ever, then post a super long exchange that involves a claim of vanillager and lies! Then hope it's so ridic to people they write us off as not being wolves!!"

Besides trying to use my role to the highest good (make myself a wolf target to get killed in a setting where it could be traced back to who I leaked fake intel to), which is really the most a vanillager can hope for, that's all I have invested here.

However, I'm not screaming about maybe getting lynched, because I'm a vanillager, and no one is doing it because they think I post too much, have crap logic, or too many likes, or sleep too long. Because those are just ridic reasons given that's how I always play. No one is doing it and insulting my intelligence. I can actually remain calm.

This whole post is WIFOM, not just the part you mentioned.

yes. I don't think we should lynch 3M or britzen.

In level of confidence. Are you more confident about one of those over the other? Or are you really confident about both? And is there any chance that one or both could still be wolf based on what you know?