The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg @Kam325 though, you didn't lead a lynch against me this game or contemplate killing me! When's the last time that happened?? :p
Literally Kam on gchat this morning:

"If I was still playing and I didn't know wolf numbers I would absolutely be doing my normal WZ is a wolf thing right about now"

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Also, whoever it was that claimed LIS and I were "connected" because of our likes.... I'm going to make this very clear....

DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO LIKES.

Seriously I like **** just because it is funny or there's a silly misspelling or because someone is lynching a dead person or maybe because I agree with some aspect of their post..... and 98% of the time if you asked me why I liked a post, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@britzen I am very glad you were lynched today because I play to win but go little manatee, you did a good job :love:

That said, I may never forgive you for cruelly taking your manasister away from my PM group immediately then not killing her sooner so we could be dead together. :rage:

The question is will you ever forgive me for this:

N3 Kill Results
Blitzen: You have killed Finn. You're a god awful manatee

Reactions: 6 users
I was just so sure your role was village since it helped 3M and me figure out so many things hahaha and she happened to steal it the one night and we were able to stay chatting for a second day -- how could that be bad??? hahaha whoops

I was so sad when you got offed by the RNG... I had plans for you!

Reactions: 1 user
It's hard to explain, it wasn't that you were more familiar with game mechanics, or supporting evidence analysis, or anything like that, there was just a really noticeable change in your posts that went beyond all of that and pinged you as a wolf in my mind. Maybe it's my RP background, but I felt like I was watching someone play a completely different character. It wasn't the content of the posts, it was the feel of them. Yeah, not an analytical person at all so it's hard for me to explain unless I went into some sort of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Tara mode and started talking about energy and essence flows. :laugh:
I feel like you didn't explain what you meant until like right now. I didn't realize through the ENTIRE game that you meant britz's WHOLE posting style seemed different to you. I thought you meant that britzen was just having brilliant reads this game and I didn't see it. If you would have said all of this earlier (like D2 or 3) I probably would have gone and read last game to see if I agreed lol

Reactions: 3 users
Not to argue with a dead lady, especially when I'm dead too, but for realz, this is my play style now that I've figured out how this game works (I spent half of last game suuuuper confused about game mechanics, so I hardly think that's fair to judge what I sound like as a player).

This is literally how I sound ALL THE TIME when making arguments based on whatever evidence I have to support them. The only thing I would have done differently on D1 would have been to say that genny was sketchy af.
To be fair, I get that even as a villager.

Also, whoever it was that claimed LIS and I were "connected" because of our likes.... I'm going to make this very clear....

DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO LIKES.

Seriously I like **** just because it is funny or there's a silly misspelling or because someone is lynching a dead person or maybe because I agree with some aspect of their post..... and 98% of the time if you asked me why I liked a post, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

Yeah, no ****.

That one frustrated the hell out of me. I don't look at who likes who. I don't like something because (necessarily) I AGREE with it. I like things for a lot of reasons:

-- I agree with it;
-- It's supporting something I said;
-- It's funny
-- It's really funny
-- It's just plain well-articulated
-- etc. etc. etc.

So @Crayola227 (congrats on winning the game for the village) - don't pull that shiz again. There literally was no connection between DVMD and me.

I dunno. In retrospect I think your play was pretty sweet. I think Ceke did call it D1, but I think that was probably as much luck as anything, and Ceke is just doing a bit of Monday-morning quarterbacking to reinforce a lucky call.

Your post at end-game about me telling "most" of the truth was super well done.

I was hoping Cray would wake up so I could sway her back in your direction.....

I was hoping Cray would wake up so I could sway her back in your direction.....

Yeah, it was good. There were sketchy parts toward the end of your post, but the whole first paragraph about making minor alterations to the truth... that was so spot-on it was really compelling. I mean, I almost wanted to vote for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno. In retrospect I think your play was pretty sweet. I think Ceke did call it D1, but I think that was probably as much luck as anything, and Ceke is just doing a bit of Monday-morning quarterbacking to reinforce a lucky call.

Your post at end-game about me telling "most" of the truth was super well done.

Not luck, I was secretly using my Tarot deck :laugh:

(joke, joke :p)

And yes, there was no affiliation seer in this game. 3m served as a role seer which was a fairly limited power in this game, as the wolves had less classically sketch abilities (as you well know at this point). Mel did most of the design, truly, but my touch came there; last couple games I've been trying to blur the lines of wolf vs. village roles and make people actually lean on words in thread and *how* the role was used. Village did a good job seeing through these this game. Honestly it was a quite good game for analysis in general!

Yeah, it was good. There were sketchy parts toward the end of your post, but the whole first paragraph about making minor alterations to the truth... that was so spot-on it was really compelling. I mean, I almost wanted to vote for me.
I had those same thoughts before ritz posted it, then decided you probably wouldn't have gone to that much effort :laugh:

Nothing exciting, just trying to leave a team of players in the last 3-5 who thought I seemed less sketch and who maybe I could point a finger at. BBC especially since her ability was proven, but also LIS and WZ were kind of hard sells to believe as wolves given their roles

I might have wanted to bang my head in the keyboard when people thought I was sketchy for posting D1 instead of my more typical D2 or even D3 appearance.

She even sent a PM to Cray saying once she was gone, she'd like her to vote you tomorrow. It was very good defending! Haha.

And yes, there was no affiliation seer in this game. 3m served as a role seer which was a fairly limited power in this game, as the wolves had less classically sketch abilities (as you well know at this point). Mel did most of the design, truly, but my touch came there; last couple games I've been trying to blur the lines of wolf vs. village roles and make people actually lean on words in thread and *how* the role was used. Village did a good job seeing through these this game. Honestly it was a quite good game for analysis in general!

If I'd lived, I would've been crying about a "noob wolf theory" since no seer was killed.

What was the chill or whatever that I felt n2?

I agree the analysis going on in this game was :love: So happy to have a game with so much activity, even if it fell of a bit towards the end.

I mean, it's what I would have done if I had your role and was still a wolf.... (Not compelling anybody to trust me ever again, am I?)

Also, it's basically what I did with the PM groups. In truth, I matched you and Cray for the lulz, and I moved cyndia on purpose to screw with them because STL said something like "now that cyndia is talking..." (yeah, you were right about that @WildZoo)

She even sent a PM to Cray saying once she was gone, she'd like her to vote you tomorrow. It was very good defending! Haha.

I reeeeeeeallllllly wanted cray to wake up

I mean, it's what I would have done if I had your role and was still a wolf.... (Not compelling anybody to trust me ever again, am I?)

Also, it's basically what I did with the PM groups. In truth, I matched you and Cray for the lulz, and I moved cyndia on purpose to screw with them because STL said something like "now that cyndia is talking..." (yeah, you were right about that @WildZoo)

I may have had my fingers on the above just a little bit... :p

What was the chill or whatever that I felt n2?

I think that was just an action directed your way that missed for whatever reason, either because you were protected, you didn't have anything that the action could see or take, or because the actor got redirected / blocked.

I feel like you didn't explain what you meant until like right now. I didn't realize through the ENTIRE game that you meant britz's WHOLE posting style seemed different to you. I thought you meant that britzen was just having brilliant reads this game and I didn't see it. If you would have said all of this earlier (like D2 or 3) I probably would have gone and read last game to see if I agreed lol

Well I did talk about the cadence and the rhythm of the posts being different, and that the feel of her posts had shifted from last game to this one. I kinda thought that meant I was saying 'Look at the whole posting style, it's really different and screams wolf'. I think around that time though is when Britz pulled a cunning move and really started in on me (in the best wolf game way possible) about how I was clearly bonkers, and had called her stupid. Basically her posts made more sense than mine ever did, or probably ever will. :D

So the village actually won because CrayCray slept through end-game?

If I am as persuasive as I think, then yes. ;)

My entire end-game rested on trying to manipulate her (sorry, Cray)

Not gonna lie, some of the mechanics we tossed in were purely for shiggles:
1. Add a message to the write-up except ceke didn't know it'd end up as a drunk text
2. Ask-a-mod and get a drunk text back.
3. Having people make bad decisions together.

and someone (cray I think?) was saying they couldn't find some of the roles or specifically the Little Princess/Shining Knight roles when they googled it. Some of these are from my mod-experience back in high school so i'm not surprised they weren't on mafiascum or mafiau.

and thank you @Trilt for keeping my mod-self in line, reigning me in, dealing with my modabandonment, and in general being a great co-mod. :biglove:

Well I did talk about the cadence and the rhythm of the posts being different, and that the feel of her posts had shifted from last game to this one. I kinda thought that meant I was saying 'Look at the whole posting style, it's really different and screams wolf'. I think around that time though is when Britz pulled a cunning move and really started in on me (in the best wolf game way possible) about how I was clearly bonkers, and had called her stupid. Basically her posts made more sense than mine than ever did, or probably ever will. :D

Oh yeah, for the record, I never thought that. Just a bit of old fashioned gas-lighting.... And then I let LIS tunnel on you more than I did, so that he would look sketchier.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for the dead chat mods! I loved the boost competitions.

Oh yeah, for the record, I never thought that. Just a bit of old fashioned gas-lighting.... And then I let LIS tunnel on you more than I did, so that he would look sketchier.

If I recall correctly, I think the first time I got left alone as wolf, my end game relied on me manipulating someone into voting for LIS.

Reactions: 2 users
If I recall correctly, I think the first time I got left alone as wolf, my end game relied on me manipulating someone into voting for LIS.

Is that just how it works? I think I was trying to be convinced to vote for LIS by a wolf a few months ago.

Reactions: 7 users
This is what I thought because the only people who claimed it were the people I dumped water on but ski and dubz claimed to have it on the same night so if it was me then either one of them is wrong or there was a mod error.
whoops. Yup. The wolves checked dubz that night and you checked ski, apparently I notified them both when before I was only notifying *your* seeks (so that it didn't leave a trail of "cleared" people from the wolves).

Not gonna lie, some of the mechanics we tossed in were purely for shiggles:
1. Add a message to the write-up except ceke didn't know it'd end up as a drunk text
2. Ask-a-mod and get a drunk text back.
3. Having people make bad decisions together.

and someone (cray I think?) was saying they couldn't find some of the roles or specifically the Little Princess/Shining Knight roles when they googled it. Some of these are from my mod-experience back in high school so i'm not surprised they weren't on mafiascum or mafiau.

and thank you @Trilt for keeping my mod-self in line, reigning me in, dealing with my modabandonment, and in general being a great co-mod. :biglove:
thanks for putting up with me totally ghosting on you to go out at least two or three times, haha.

I was sad @PippyPony died when she did. Thoroughly enjoying answering her ask a mod questions in various cryptic drunk ways lol.

Thanks for the dead chat mods! I loved the boost competitions.
K62pWa1.gif
still makes me die laughing

Reactions: 7 users

I kinda thought it was part of the game play, but I also thought I better apologise as well just in case. That is one thing I'm still not entirely used to in WW, knowing what is in game shenanigans and what is people being genuinely annoyed or upset on a personal level. When you RP there's a clear delineation between the two, as in there's a big difference between someone being angry at you when they're in character and someone prefacing a post with 'OOC' and then telling you how they really feel. Every game I still keep wanting to preface things with the letters 'IC' and 'OOC'. :giggle:

what is in game shenanigans and what is people being genuinely annoyed or upset on a personal level.

As somebody pointed out, sometimes it's both... You can be legit annoyed with somebody on a personal level and also choose to respond in a way that is beneficial to your game strategy...